Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 21, 2011 1:31 PM

Jun 2009
@ celticchristoph

Frankly, I've posted about why I think Asa was the best choice so many times that I'm kind of freaking sick of it. But, if you want me reiterate what I've said countless times I will: You remember when Primula is forced back to the Devil world? Who does Rin ask for advice? Asa.. Not to mention she is the one who encouraged him to be a man and stop depending on people like Kaede which, let's face it, he did.

Plus he fell in love with Asa, whether it's right or wrong for any of the other characters, that's just how it is.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 21, 2011 5:11 PM

Apr 2011
insan3soldiern said:
You remember when Primula is forced back to the Devil world? Who does Rin ask for advice? Asa.. Not to mention she is the one who encouraged him to be a man and stop depending on people like Kaede which, let's face it, he did.

Plus he fell in love with Asa, whether it's right or wrong for any of the other characters, that's just how it is.

I'm not really raged about it anymore. It's kind of one of those "over and done" things. It is "just how it is". I hear that, and I won't argue that it ended badly, or that him picking Asa was wrong. After letting the dust settle in my head a little, I think him picking Asa was the right way to end the series. It made it feel more real, like the actual dynamics of people that were in an awkward dating circle.

I just feel like Kaede really got f-'d over though. And not just like, "Oh boo-hoo get over it." Like... she's just left in a crumpled heap in a corner somewhere, with nothing to look forward to in life. I see heart breaks in anime and stuff all the time. But I've just never been exposed to a show where the person who gets heartbroken isn't given any closure. I guess I've just never seen a producer so thoroughly discard a character like that.

Speed Grapher is a perfect example of what I mean. After Ginza had her heart shit on by Saiga, you feel kinda bad for her... regardless of the fact that she's a totaly insane, conniving bitch. It's not that Saiga did the wrong thing picking Kagura, in fact it's quite the opposite.The point is though, even though you know Saiga never really cared much for Ginza, you still feel a little bad for Ginza (obviously not nearly as bad as I did for Kaede, but ya know). And yet Ginza gets Saiga's doctor friend, so there's closure for her.

I really do think they could make a new season of Shuffle! if they wanted though, and have it be just as good. You sort of get a "hint" that Rin and Asa are still just in a dating stage; and that the other girls are still trying their best to win him over. However, considering he was willing to slit his wrist for her, I guess I don't think they'll be separating any time soon.

And I do appreciate the response by the way. I'm sure you're probably tired of posting about this anime though, especially when it comes to fending off the hoards KKK members. I'm not nearly that hardcore about it as they. Just kind of needed a place to vent until I felt better. I guess that's what I get for watching an anime that's half a decade old. Lmao
celticchristophApr 21, 2011 5:24 PM
Apr 21, 2011 5:17 PM

Apr 2011
Nerine was the best in my opinion. i hated the way it turned out.
Apr 21, 2011 5:32 PM

Apr 2011
celiren said:

I wasn't personally as big a fan of Nerine. I liked her as a person, and if this thing was real, I would totally consider her an irreplaceable friend. I just don't think I could ever date her. Also, she was too much like Kaede for Rin to like her, but without the history that Kaede and Rin had. -- Or maybe I just was too put off by her long ears. :P

But yeah, I've never actually had a show inspire so much REAL anger and frustration in me as this one... which is silly considering it's an anime based off of a H-game. Rofl
Apr 21, 2011 5:38 PM

Jun 2009
@ celticchristoph

Honestly, from a realist point of view, I can't see how a clingy relationship with Rin would be good for Kaede in the long run. IMO, she's better off as she is because I think it teaches her the right way to go about a relationship. You don't baby them and you both should mutually benefit one another. I think that's the case with the Rin/Asa pairing, Asa has a higher degree of maturity I think.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 21, 2011 5:39 PM

Apr 2011
celticchristoph said:
celiren said:

I wasn't personally as big a fan of Nerine. I liked her as a person, and if this thing was real, I would totally consider her an irreplaceable friend. I just don't think I could ever date her. Also, she was too much like Kaede for Rin to like her, but without the history that Kaede and Rin had. -- Or maybe I just was too put off by her long ears. :P

But yeah, I've never actually had a show inspire so much REAL anger and frustration in me as this one... which is silly considering it's an anime based off of a H-game. Rofl

i don't like the ears ether lol.
Apr 21, 2011 8:49 PM

Apr 2011
insan3soldiern said:
@ celticchristoph

Honestly, from a realist point of view, I can't see how a clingy relationship with Rin would be good for Kaede in the long run. IMO, she's better off as she is because I think it teaches her the right way to go about a relationship. You don't baby them and you both should mutually benefit one another. I think that's the case with the Rin/Asa pairing, Asa has a higher degree of maturity I think.

Oh absolutely. This is exactly why I am okay the way it turned out. Asa was just a "better" person. The priorities in her life were a lot clearer to her, and she was just better for Rin as a whole.

I think my heart is just broken for the way Kaede was handled. I get that sometimes a firm hand is best... but I just feel like there was a better way to have handled the situation; i.e. NOT the "cold turkey" method.

It'd be one thing if she was just clingy... but she was, as they call them, a "yandere" on some levels. She had serious psychotic issues, that all though they were not really Rin's responsibility, they were to some degree his fault. Probably the worst thing about it though, was that he'd been leading her on for so long. He KNEW she loved him, and yet did nothing about it. He allowed her to do all of these things for him on a day to day basis, knowing full well why she was doing it.

And then one day he just decides he's done. He'd found a better gig, and he was moving on. I don't see how he could even call himself her friend, let alone her guardian? I know what it's like to meet a new girl and get really excited, and then start to really care her, and to want to spend all of your waking moments with her. But Rin, before he was ever the object of Kaede's love, he was her best friend.

Why did the producer even bother to add the scene where Kaede got sick and Rin stayed home taking care of her all day? Why even add that if, when Kaede TRULY got sick and needed Rin more than ever, he was just going to leave her to go frolic with his new love interest?

You can't tell me that the scene where he walks in and she's all flush, with huge bags under her eyes and a blank/bewildered stare on her face, that he didn't totally blow her off. There's no way, as a human being, that you would not notice that your best friend of 8+ years was suffering from something. Not just ill, but truly SUFFERING from something.

I can understand why he might not know that HE'S the cause of her pain. But he only asks her like once, maybe twice, if everything is okay. And when she offers little more than a "yep," he just says okay and shrugs it off; even with her looking like she did. I think that's the disconnect for me. The nice/considerate/heart-on-his-sleeve Rin that the anime had spent the entire previous 15-20 episodes building up, died right then.

But maybe that's the point? I'm sure there's flaws in my thought process... but the bottom line of my point is that the RinXAsa decision didn't have to end with Kaede being so utterly destroyed. Sure he goes and looks for her when she goes missing, and sure he hugs her and says he loves her (but he's clear to point out not romantically).

But isn't that what anyone who doesn't want to be known as a complete scum bag would do/say to someone when they've hurt feelings and stepped on toes? I feel like he was just beating around the bush when he did that. He cared enough to make sure she wasn't going to kill her self, but that was about the extent of his concern.

Just... makes me sad. Which is probably what made this anime so good. I doubt I would have rated it nearly as high as I did if it had ended the way I wanted it to.

Sorry for the walls of text. Why on earth do I actually care this much? Lmao. I think I'm turning into a Kaede-otaku. >_<

celiren said:
i don't like the ears ether lol.

Nerine was definitely sweet though. I wish this would have been a longer series... so that the other characters could have been developed better.They proved that they could make an amazingly multi-dimensional character when they did what they did with Kaede's arc. I just feel like Nerine and Sia's rolls were so pointless. Hell, even Rimu's was pointless. And why the hell did the teacher ever even become a character? She was in like 2 or 3 episodes max. Why add an entire segment about her love life and struggles if you weren't going to develop it further than that?

I guess I'm going to go ahead and presume now, that I'm probably being pretty hyper-critical of an anime who's roots come from a hentai game... lmao. Go me.
celticchristophApr 21, 2011 8:58 PM
Apr 21, 2011 9:52 PM

Jun 2009
As a guy who has actually played several H-games, I'll say right now the stories in most of the ones I"ve played are very good. I'll also say that the anime version of Shuffle! is a huge improvement imo and many of the developments, such as Kaede's break down, don't even exist in the game. Actually, for the most part, the game version is very happy go lucky and just isn't as memorable as I think the anime is.

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 21, 2011 10:47 PM

Apr 2011
insan3soldiern said:
Actually, for the most part, the game version is very happy go lucky and just isn't as memorable as I think the anime is.

Honestly, the game itself kinda made the Kaede story lame. Like... I actually felt kind of bad pursuing her... if you can even call it that. She just kinda throws herself at you. Her obsession is somewhat unnerving.

So much so that it's actually what kind of gave me my perspective on the end of this series, and why I feel that Asa really was the best choice, for both Rin and Kaede.

Doesn't mean I'm not still sad for Kaede though. Poor Kaede. :{

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, beings that I'm actually pretty new to the Anime world... I don't have a lot of background in good anime... I'm really just starting to get my feet wet.

Any suggestions?

I'm really open to anything. My experience ranges from silly things like Fruits Basket, to a lot more serious things, like Claymore or Elfen Lied. However, I'm running out of "main stream" content to watch, and I'm starting to get into the "real" anime world now. By that I mean I'm running out of things with English titles to watch. I'm open to sub and dub. It really doesn't matter to me either way. (EDIT: Actually, I'm not real big on Mech stuff for the most part, and I really don't like shows like Burst Angel that try to incorporate 3D graphics, but do it poorly. Just kinda ruins the show for me.)

I've been looking around plenty on my own, so I have a decent list going of what I want to watch, but getting actual suggestions is always the best. :P

Thanks in advance! =]
Apr 24, 2011 8:36 PM

Jul 2010
Sia!!
Jun 22, 2011 9:05 PM
Oct 2009
Kaede, even though she is somewhat crazy and/or sick. I always loved them together ever since the beginning of the show. Even though their childhood together wasn't very pleasant, she deserved him because she knew him the longest and didn't really pressure him to be in love with her.

After Kaede, probably Sia. She was an interesting, cute, and entertaining character who I felt bad for, considering that she was really the first one of the girls that Rin rejected. (She deserved more of a chance!)

I don't like Asa, sorry. I found her to be very annoying.
Gone__Forever__Jun 23, 2011 6:41 PM
Jul 5, 2011 9:16 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
At the beginning I wanted Kaede, since I didn't even know Asa was going to be a contender. But as the series went on I really started liking Asa. Then the whole Kaede arc with the past, and knife she cut him with and all that jazz. then I really didn't like Kaede. But then, as she explained about her feelings and why, kind of went back to Kaede.She was so sweet and nice and always devoted her time to Rin. And Rin REALLY took her for granted, and then pretty much ignored her when he started hanging out with Asa. It was really quite sad. I would've wanted him to be with either Kaede or Asa. but he ended up with Asa, I like her anyway :3

If I were Rin though, I would've chosen Kaede(even though she went all psycho bitch on him when she was a kid.), because of all the things she's done for him.
Jul 19, 2011 9:23 AM

May 2011
SuperKyou said:
Sia first followed by Asa and Rimu.

Kaede was dead last for me purely because of the whole razorblade on the stairs thing, I was thinking "Wow, what a bitch!!"

This except for Rimu.

From my standpoint, i would of had much much much more fun with Sia. Both her wild side and her nice side. I honestly thought Rin was going to choose her since he spent the most time with her out of all the others (Kaede doesnt count since they lived together and shared nothing intimate)
Jul 19, 2011 3:06 PM
Dec 2007
Explicitz said:
SuperKyou said:

Kaede was dead last for me purely because of the whole razorblade on the stairs thing, I was thinking "Wow, what a bitch!!"

This except for Rimu.

From my standpoint, i would of had much much much more fun with Sia. Both her wild side and her nice side. I honestly thought Rin was going to choose her since he spent the most time with her out of all the others (Kaede doesnt count since they lived together and shared nothing intimate)
Actually, the fact she spent so much time with Sia early on was almost a warning sign that Sia was getting the boot on the latter half, much in the same way too little interaction (Nerine) indicates the same thing. Plus, ignoring the crazy fathers they had, Sia was basically a mental-disorder patient and Nerine didn't truly like Rin from the start.

That left Kaede, Asa and Primula. Kaede is obsessed both when she hated Rin and when she felt she had to serve them so that could never work. And Rimu's story was changed to remove the romance side so really, it seemed easy to pinpoint the story was headin to the Asa ending when you look in hindsight.
Leon-GunJul 19, 2011 3:15 PM

Jul 19, 2011 9:19 PM

May 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Explicitz said:
SuperKyou said:

This except for Rimu.

Actually, the fact she spent so much time with Sia early on was almost a warning sign that Sia was getting the boot on the latter half, much in the same way too little interaction (Nerine) indicates the same thing. Plus, ignoring the crazy fathers they had, Sia was basically a mental-disorder patient and Nerine didn't truly like Rin from the start.

That left Kaede, Asa and Primula. Kaede is obsessed both when she hated Rin and when she felt she had to serve them so that could never work. And Rimu's story was changed to remove the romance side so really, it seemed easy to pinpoint the story was headin to the Asa ending when you look in hindsight.

I see..It was pretty obvious Nerine wasnt going to be his choice. First off, who calls the person they love "Sama"? seemed more like she really respected him than loved him. Ahh well, i guess he wasnt into the clingy type.
Aug 3, 2011 11:36 AM

Aug 2010
shuffle has all the xD the best charming voices for each girl lol
Aug 11, 2011 3:28 PM

Jul 2011
In my opineon Nerine was the best choice
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lostfallstar&sclick=1][/
Aug 11, 2011 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
Yep! Nerine all the way! I would have loved to have the powers of a demon^^
Aug 11, 2011 7:03 PM

May 2011
He picked the right one.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Aug 12, 2011 8:12 AM

Aug 2010
just get sia first then he can get all the girl xD
Aug 15, 2011 5:15 AM
Jun 2010
celticchristoph said:
insan3soldiern said:
Asa all the way.

That was insightful, thanks.

SuperKyou said:

I can also agree with Sia; as "wild" as she was... she was also just as honest and truly caring as Asa was. I almost would have been happier with Sia over Asa, simply because Sia was "new" to Rin. Sure they'd met once as kids, but other than that they had no prior engagement in his life, meaning the betrayal element on Asa's part wasn't there. (And there's polygamy in the God world, so who knows? :P)

I could see why one would maybe like to see a Rimu-Rin ending. Rimu is probably the most mysterious of the girls, and somehow manages to keep her feelings for Rin more or less totally hidden. You know she loves him just as much as the other girls, but she's able to keep things in perspective. I think had Rimu been a lot closer in age, that would have been the outcome.

What I don't understand (and maybe I'm too forgiving a guy for thinking this) is why you would hold the razor blade incident against her. She was in an unbelievably dark time in her life, and truly believed that Rin was the cause of it. One could argue, "but Rin had lost both of his parents." That maybe be the case, but people grieve differently, and on top of that, Rin's driving force was to take care of Kaede. The INSTANT Kaede saw the truth... she became infinitely guilt-ridden over her actions. Did that make them okay? No, obviously not, but from that day forward she had given her life as an apology. There's really not much more that a person could do to apologize.

I almost wish she would have gotten hit by that truck. At least then she be at peace.

EDIT: Purely out of curiosity, if not for the razor blade/abuse stuff (if you could "erase" it for a minute)... what would you have thought of her then?
celticchristoph said:
insan3soldiern said:
Asa all the way.

That was insightful, thanks.

SuperKyou said:

I can also agree with Sia; as "wild" as she was... she was also just as honest and truly caring as Asa was. I almost would have been happier with Sia over Asa, simply because Sia was "new" to Rin. Sure they'd met once as kids, but other than that they had no prior engagement in his life, meaning the betrayal element on Asa's part wasn't there. (And there's polygamy in the God world, so who knows? :P)

I could see why one would maybe like to see a Rimu-Rin ending. Rimu is probably the most mysterious of the girls, and somehow manages to keep her feelings for Rin more or less totally hidden. You know she loves him just as much as the other girls, but she's able to keep things in perspective. I think had Rimu been a lot closer in age, that would have been the outcome.

What I don't understand (and maybe I'm too forgiving a guy for thinking this) is why you would hold the razor blade incident against her. She was in an unbelievably dark time in her life, and truly believed that Rin was the cause of it. One could argue, "but Rin had lost both of his parents." That maybe be the case, but people grieve differently, and on top of that, Rin's driving force was to take care of Kaede. The INSTANT Kaede saw the truth... she became infinitely guilt-ridden over her actions. Did that make them okay? No, obviously not, but from that day forward she had given her life as an apology. There's really not much more that a person could do to apologize.

I almost wish she would have gotten hit by that truck. At least then she be at peace.

EDIT: Purely out of curiosity, if not for the razor blade/abuse stuff (if you could "erase" it for a minute)... what would you have thought of her then?

This poster worries me, i strongly believe you should reevaluate your thoughts.
Aug 15, 2011 11:58 AM

Apr 2011
Primula - no, because he's probably not loli fan

Nerine - i like she but i don't know why he didn't choose her

Sia - cute and most "perverted" person in Shuffle

Kaede - too selfish and hysterical

Asa - imo his best choice. She's master of cooking and trusted person

My verdict: Asa Shigure (<3)
Aug 15, 2011 1:12 PM
Dec 2007
laress said:
Primula - no, because he's probably not loli fan

Nerine - i like she but i don't know why he didn't choose her

Sia - cute and most "perverted" person in Shuffle

Kaede - too selfish and hysterical

Asa - imo his best choice. She's master of cooking and trusted person

My verdict: Asa Shigure (<3)
Primula is just 1 year younger though.

Aug 16, 2011 4:01 AM

Apr 2011
Shadowhaze said:

It's odd that I decided to check on these posts today. I haven't looked at them in months, and I had no message or anything that said new posts had been made... I had just finished watching the K-ON! series and I decided to come back and check on what people were saying about Shuffle!... weird. Haha

I'm curious what makes you say that though Shadow?

Was it my "should have been hit by the truck" comment?

I don't feel this is as demented as you might be taking it. Although I agree what I said was overkill, I did mean it in a loving way. Because believe me, I freaking loved Kaede. I didn't want any harm to come to her at all.

I guess the best way I can compare it is this: What do we do to pets who are suffering a lot?

Most of the time, we euthanize them. Not because we're sadistic or hateful. It's because we care about our pet and we don't want them to suffer. I guess this is the closest way I know how to relate the feeling I was expressing back when I wrote this.

It's not really that I think it would be better if Kaede died, but it would mean she was free of the suffering.

I hope this sort of clears it up?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or maybe you were referring to the "how can you hold the razorblade thing against her" comment? If it's this one, I said first thing in my post that I might be too forgiving of a person.

I could never knowingly hold a grudge against someone who was enduring as much pain as Kaede was. And I could especially not stay upset after she found out the truth (that it was actually Kaede who had "killed" their parents). And to seal the deal, it would be literally impossible for me to be angry at someone who more-or-less offered her life as an apology. (Also, the fact that she's a girl would probably help me forgive her as well... but yeah. Haha)

Although I couldn't ever accept someone's servitude as an apology, it would definitely make me understand the severity of the person's remorse. And therefor if I was in Rin's shoe's and Kaede ever did this for me (especially for years), she would be 100% forgiven.

Just my two cents though I guess...
Celtic
celticchristophAug 16, 2011 4:24 AM
Aug 16, 2011 4:21 AM
Dec 2007
celticchristoph said:
Shadowhaze said:

It's odd that I decided to check on these posts today. I had no message or anything that said new posts had been made...

I had just finished watching K-ON! and I decided to come back and check on what people were saying about Shuffle!...

I'm curious what makes you say that? Was it my "should have been hit by the truck" comment, or was it the "how can you hold the razorblade thing against her" comment? Lmao
It was the "I almost wish she would have gotten hit by that truck. At least then she be at peace." comment. Even if she may have been at peace, those kind of words are pretty extreme.

Aug 24, 2011 2:52 AM

Apr 2011
Leon-Gun said:

O.o?

She's not looks 1 year younger. I though, she's significantly younger than others.
Aug 24, 2011 11:06 AM

Apr 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Even if she may have been at peace, those kind of words are pretty extreme.

I suppose.

I don't really agree with you, but it's not to be argumentative. I guess I just hold different values or concerns.

It's honestly been so long since I wrote this that I don't remember what my feelings were as I wrote it. Another thing to take into consideration is that Shuffle! had a huge impact on me for some reason and left my thoughts and emotions a little mixed up.

I'm sure it was quite evident in my other posts that for whatever weird reason, I was pretty distraught by this show, so I'm sure my comment was pretty extreme.

I stand by what I said though, as I still don't really see what I said as wrong or inhumane. I mean, I didn't even that it was what I wantedto happen, I simply said I "almost wish". That doesn't imply that it was really what I wanted to happen, but simply that it might have been a better alternative. I guess I'm not bothered by the reality of what could have happened to her had Rin not been there to grab her. That's just life, you know?

Either way, enough time as has passed since this post that I'm having a hard time recalling much of anything, and trying to resurrect old feelings is always difficult.

So I'm sorry if I've offended anyone with my opinions, but they are what they are.

Best wishes,
Celtic

(P.S. Laress, I believe (at least in the anime) she is 2-4 years younger. I don't know the details, and the small amount of research I put into it came up fruitless. But regardless of her "actual" age, she definitely filled the "loli" roll in this show. Freaking loli's. Lmao)
Aug 24, 2011 11:12 AM

Aug 2009
Lisianthus. Because polygamy is cool with the gods, so he could have had all the girls he wanted.
Sep 7, 2011 4:26 PM

Jul 2011
If I had to choose, Primula. She was just one year younger so it wasn't a big deal. If you played the game, her scenario was pretty fucked up. In terms of practicality though, definitely Sia, you have TWO girls in one and even her father has three wives, one being Nerine's aunt, meaning it's possible for Nerine and Sia to be ok with a polygamous relationship. There's even subtle hints that they are ok with it. Primula probably wouldn't mind it either. Kaede is devoted enough to jump on the boat.

Sure he'll probably get stabbed multiple times eventually, but you know ;)

As for Asa... She's just a dumb bitch, I would have said "Ok, I respect your wish to die." Walked out, let her died, get sad, and move on.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Sep 7, 2011 8:23 PM
Sep 2011
I just finished watching Shuffle! for the first time. A little late I know. But i thought it was amazing! Havent felt this way about any other anime in a while. Its depressing to know there is no more episodes to watch anymore. What happened in episodes 18 and 19 was so surprising I couldn't believe it. Poor Kaede. I think Rin made a good choice with Asa she was obviously the most emotionally stable and mature girl of them all, and understood Rin better then anyone else. I really did feel sorry for Kaede though, and felt she deserved more happiness and closure than was given to her at the end of the series. I however would have chosen Sia. She reminds me a lot of my real girlfriend. Very loud and emotional and full of energy. And also has her twin living inside of her that can surface at anytime to cause trouble and encourage her to get naked. Woo! Anyway its nice to know other people care about this show as much as me. Can someone suggest some other similar anime's for me to watch? Thanks!
Sep 7, 2011 9:38 PM
Dec 2007
laress said:
Leon-Gun said:

O.o?

She's not looks 1 year younger. I though, she's significantly younger than others.
I believe it is said somewhere in the game, I think they say it when they officially enlist her in Rin's school.

Sep 14, 2011 11:19 PM

Aug 2011
Kaede

Reasons are already given

Asa just pissed me off for most of the series.

Or they could have ended up with a time skip ending showing Kaede with someone else that she actually liked. Ending seemed like she was going to suicide eventually if Asa did marry Rin.

Went from possible 9 to 7/10
Sep 14, 2011 11:52 PM
Sep 2011
I gotta say man I wanted Kaeda to be with rin badly. If I was in rin's position I would of took Kaeda a long time ago. She's one of those one in a life time females if you ask me. Cook, Clean, Wash you're clothes, never ever argue with you about anything. Give her body, soul, heart whatever! I thought rin was selfish to have not picked someone who did so much for him.

She even offered her body to him so he wouldn't go and he runs away... Some reason Asa was the LAST dead last character I wanted him to be with. I just didn't like her character, and if she really loved him.. she would have used her magic to save herself when he begged her. He had to cut his wrist...He should of took Sia for the polygamy and then Keida, and Nerine.. Or if he had to choose one it would definitely go to a Kaeda/Sia show down.

One thing about these anime that sometimes annoys me..just a little bit. Is how the guy doesn't know the girls feelings. When in the beginning if you remember..Kaeda said she would give rin her body and soul. How did he disregard that? Rin is a jerk. Someone takes care of him like that, and says something of such a high degree and he just doesn't care, like that just the normal thing to say.

Another thing is, to me I thought Asa was really selfish and cannot be considered Kaeda's friend for the very reason that she knew that Kaeda loved Rin and she still takes Rin away from her. My last complaint cause I just finished the series like 10 minutes ago is...the Kaeda getting on the bed nude hugging him and him reacting the way he did...it just boggles my mind.
SuppleTearsSep 15, 2011 12:04 AM
Sep 15, 2011 12:24 AM

Mar 2011
I dont like them but:
Kareha(senpai) > Lisianthus > Kaede > Nerine > Asa(senpai) > Primula
Sep 15, 2011 12:38 AM
Dec 2007
SuppleTears said:
I gotta say man I wanted Kaeda to be with rin badly. If I was in rin's position I would of took Kaeda a long time ago. She's one of those one in a life time females if you ask me. Cook, Clean, Wash you're clothes, never ever argue with you about anything. Give her body, soul, heart whatever! I thought rin was selfish to have not picked someone who did so much for him.

She even offered her body to him so he wouldn't go and he runs away... Some reason Asa was the LAST dead last character I wanted him to be with. I just didn't like her character, and if she really loved him.. she would have used her magic to save herself when he begged her. He had to cut his wrist...He should of took Sia for the polygamy and then Keida, and Nerine.. Or if he had to choose one it would definitely go to a Kaeda/Sia show down.

One thing about these anime that sometimes annoys me..just a little bit. Is how the guy doesn't know the girls feelings. When in the beginning if you remember..Kaeda said she would give rin her body and soul. How did he disregard that? Rin is a jerk. Someone takes care of him like that, and says something of such a high degree and he just doesn't care, like that just the normal thing to say.

Another thing is, to me I thought Asa was really selfish and cannot be considered Kaeda's friend for the very reason that she knew that Kaeda loved Rin and she still takes Rin away from her. My last complaint cause I just finished the series like 10 minutes ago is...the Kaeda getting on the bed nude hugging him and him reacting the way he did...it just boggles my mind.
You guys actually saw all that and came out thinking "yeah, the psycho who tried to kill him and then crazily spent her days being a slave to him in atonement is totally the definition of a healthy relationship".

Look, all the girls had their issues but Kaede rules above them as the most messed up of them. There's no happy end here, even in the VN they basically have this uneasy master-servant relationship.

Surprisingly the least messed up of the heroines is the kuudere Primula. After that you could say Asa was just being pigheaded but besides that she's a decent girl. The other two have double personality issues. So really, I think the anime picked the right girl. Any other relationship is pretty much doomed to fail.

Sep 15, 2011 9:37 AM

Apr 2011
Primula. ^_^
Sep 25, 2011 8:17 PM

Sep 2011
He should of just married Sia to begin with, i mean they were into each other in the beginning of the series, if he did that he would of had a clean road in getting with the rest of the bunch, she did say polygamy was ok, shoot he could of married the other girls if he wanted to. Kareha was also a god and into Rin, Nerine and Kaede loved him regardless, primula always clinged to him so yea, then there was Asa, shoot he could of gotten with Mayumi just for kicks. When it comes down to it thats one wife for each day of the week, hey every body wins!
NothingButStyleSep 25, 2011 8:30 PM
Sep 25, 2011 8:18 PM

Sep 2011
ezikialrage said:
Lisianthus. Because polygamy is cool with the gods, so he could have had all the girls he wanted.

Exactly my point, if i was him i would of done that
Sep 26, 2011 3:41 AM

Jul 2010
Haven't seen this anime in a while but I had wanted him to be with Asa. I was also okay with Kaede .... but she was sort of psychotic near the end.

So then it was Asu or Rimu. Rimu had a nice body and Asu's was good to (Rimu's was better). Both had a nice personality. Both make you a King.

Nothing wrong with either of them ... besides, y'know, their messed up pasts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2011 7:01 PM

Sep 2011
I initially expected rin to end up with kaede since she was the childhood friend and what not. But throughout the anime i found to like asa the most out of the girls.
Oct 27, 2011 7:02 PM

Aug 2011
Kaeda because she does all the house cleaning and cooking and shopping and all Rin would have to do is stay there with her and she'd be content.
"Throw away your logic and kick reason to the curb! Beautifully following the golden road! If there’s a wall, we knock it down! It’s a road built with these hands! The Magma of the Heart’s Final Ignition! Perfect Unification Gurren-Lagann!"
Mar 28, 2014 5:53 AM
Mar 2014
I think I'll choose Kaede. First things first, she's beautiful, smart and really really helpful. Second, I understand why she attack Asa. F*cked up Rin. After Kaede did so much for him, yet he chooses Asa. Makes me just want to rip the F*cking face and shred them.

But that ain't mean you guys judgement I wrong. Just my opinion.
Apr 4, 2014 5:47 PM
Jun 2013
(at episode 15 atm.) I'd like to see him with either Kaede or Asa. Both have their pros and cons but i tend a bit more to Asa
May 16, 2014 6:00 PM
Oct 2013
SuppleTears said:

i don't understand how Asa could be considered selfish. I think Kaede reacted way too extremely when she knew that Asa and Rin liked each other. I mean, she pretty much attacked her for no other reason than liking for the same guy. I know Asa knew about kaede's crush on Rin, but did that really mean she had to give up her own love just so Kaede could be happy? If their roles were reversed, i'm pretty sure Asa wouldn't go crazy and attack Kaede for no reason. Kaede acted like Rin was already hers even though he didn't reciprocate her feelings. Plus Asa felt super guilty for something she didn't even need to.

Also, wouldn't you be creeped out if someone you thought of like a sister suddenly crawled into your bed naked? Sure rin was a jerk, but maybe he just didn't want string along Kaede even more than he has. Plus, its somewhat Kaede's fault for assuming Rin liked her all along if she didn't just confess. Kaede said that she was unworthy of Rin. If thats the case, why can't she just let him be happy with someone else? (Asa)

Asa was an obvious choice for me. I really liked her character and how she interacted with Rin. Sure the surprise ending was somewhat of an ass-pull, but Rin definitely made the right choice. I mean, you would have to love someone a whole lot to slit your wrists just for them. :)

Plus Asa wasn't an insane yandere chick who thought that all girls who come near Rin should die.(Kaede)
I really didn't like Kaede because, come on, she almost gouged his eye out. She made rin play scapegoat to her sob story just because she couldn't deal with it. I guess she tries to make up for the incident by playing maid, but it still shows that she is mentally unstable. Rin only allowed her to do it because he was afraid of another mental relapse. ( so much for that) Plus, VN MCs just don't end up with childhood friend/yandere. You could take Gift: eternal rainbow as an example.

All the other girls were all good characters, especially Primula. Of course, i can't really imagine Rin falling in love with any of them. :/

As you can see, Kaede was my least favorite character for obvious reasons. If Rin were to end up with none of the other girls and Kaede was the last one left, then i much prefer him to be single.
May 30, 2014 2:52 PM

May 2014
I picked Asa because I love characters like her another example would be Minori from Toradora. This anime gets a 10/10 from me. ^^
deadmuffinsMay 30, 2014 2:59 PM
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Jul 6, 2014 10:14 AM
Jul 2014
I was seriously routing for Nerine to be honest. Who wouldn't want to be the king of demons?
Jul 10, 2014 1:15 PM
Apr 2014
sI knew it wasn't gonna be nerine, but I really wanted her to be with rin.
Jul 10, 2014 4:28 PM
Jul 2014
Clearly Asa is the better girl! She can cook and can keep Rin happy!
Kaede is a fucking psychopath. That's cute that she cooks for him and stuff.
But Rin doesn't owe her shit. You think just because someone acts out and cries a river
that they deserve the guy? Ahhh no! Furthermore, she was extremely selfish. I had to refrain myself from throwing my iPod across the room for the last few episodes. That time that she was almost hit by a car was such a tease!! Sorry to be mean, but she was a monster. Just because you throw a tantrum and lose your mind, doesn't make you the one. Kaede doesn't need love, she needs a strait jacket.

As for Asa, I've been rooting for her since the beginning! She is truly an amazing girl!
Jul 13, 2014 12:48 AM
Jul 2014
Sia for sure

Reasons:

1. She was lovely, cute, caring.

2. Unlike Asa she told Rin how she feels about him.

3. Asa is the kinda Girl who would never tell how she feels first (more like a best friend type)

4. Sia (So that Rin can become a God) hahaha

5. She was most beautiful and sexy.

For me its Sia > Kaede > Narene > Premula > Asa
AvshkJul 13, 2014 12:56 AM
Jul 28, 2014 9:03 AM

May 2013
Asa, but the other girls weren't half bad.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

123 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » Whoelse thought Kaede was going to kill Asa

Lost_Hearts - Dec 9, 2023

0 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

77 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

voidbringer - May 27, 2008

90 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

52 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.