MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 4 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Nurarihyon no Mago »» Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 4 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

38 49.35%
4 out of 5: Liked it

24 31.17%
3 out of 5: It was OK

8 10.39%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

6 7.79%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.30%
Voters: 77

07-26-10, 3:04 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I dont wanna diss any other anime... but Nurarihyon is looking better than even HOTD (no I like it too) with its slow pace..

and damn..doesnt it look badass when parade of 100 demons came out...

07-26-10, 3:06 PM

kokoro_412 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I agree.
Honestly, I'm not caring much about the series. I haphazardly picked it up for some reason that forgot already. Does it get better than this?

Edit: Why'd you edit your post? =[

07-26-10, 3:07 PM

Great episode! The fight between the rats and the Nura clan was bad ass!! Can't wait for the next episode!!

07-26-10, 3:23 PM

Again, I was frustrated at Rikuo for the first half but then the second half with Night Rikuo I was just thinking epic, ive said this before but KHR all over again.

07-26-10, 3:37 PM

I wonder if it'll get to the Tokyo Kitsune arc..

07-26-10, 3:39 PM

Hmm, this episode was better than the precious, but still nothing particularly great.

07-26-10, 4:13 PM

SkyFade said:
Again, I was frustrated at Rikuo for the first half but then the second half with Night Rikuo I was just thinking epic, ive said this before but KHR all over again.

No, no it's not. Just wait till the first arc actual starts. Rikuo will stop "whining", and there's a big difference between a weak willed character that has a past that supports his rationale and one who doesn't aka Tsuna.

07-26-10, 4:14 PM

4/5. Would've given it 5/5 but some of that animation was just plain shoddy... I mean, seriously, going into his full rat youkai form meant he stopped moving his mouth when he talked? Seriously? That's just lazy. There were other examples too... like the two-dimensional clouds when the Parade appeared. Ok, yes, I get that they're meant to be reminiscent of traditional Japanese art and such, but they just looked so out of place there. Just because something's clever doesn't mean it's necessarily good. Finally, it seemed to me like half the action was taking place off-screen...

Still. That was my only complaint with the episode. Otherwise, strong development in both the plot and some of the key characters. Glad we got to see Yuki-Onna in action. Night Rikuo continues to be badass. I find it kind of cool that he didn't use his sword in this episode. Sort of made it look even more effortless. If that makes sense. Well, anyway. Let's see where this goes from here.

07-26-10, 4:48 PM

I don't know why but the manga feels very better than the anime. I cannot point my finger on it. I think that the seiyu who does nura sounds too much like a wimp. I like the music and the character sketch.

07-26-10, 4:48 PM

What? They fight already?

Now that's fast pace when compared to the manga.

07-26-10, 4:54 PM

Pretty weak.

"If you don't do what I tell you, I will kill a human and a demon hunter. Bwa-ha-ha-ha!" And he's telling this to the demons. I can forgive Yura for her foolishness because as the rat explained, she's young and well... foolish (but of course, she was sure talking big after she was rescued).

And the fight scene was kind of pathetic. Some nameless, faceless rats die feebly. One rat actually complained about fairness. I had to rewind it because I couldn't believe it the first time I heard it.

One big rat fades away without much of a fight but with a lot of griping. Did he even die.

Of course, none of the good guys get even a bump on them except for the loser cat, who talked big but shamed his whole clan (if he didn't also get it eradicated).

Shouldn't they wait until episode six or seven before playing the meaningless filler episodes? This plot deserves ridicule.

07-26-10, 4:57 PM

pretty average episode, like the first 3 ones. Nothing really special. we still have bad fighting animation, we still don't know why the main character can randomly transform even though he doesn't want to, the rat boss got OHKO by some flame for some reason and I'm too lazy to rewatch the last scene to understand what the hell just happened.
Modified by supersayen, 07-26-10, 5:10 PM

07-26-10, 5:40 PM

-Kazu said:
I wonder if it'll get to the Tokyo Kitsune arc..

It won't. Not enough episodes. It'll end after the Shikoku arc.

I can't believe they finally changed Yuki-Onna's eyes to yellow. Blue just seemed odd.

07-26-10, 5:59 PM

I'm at my limit..
Please more of Yui-Horie..

I wanna strangle Rikuo when he is whining because he was born at Youkai's family..again *head-banged on the desk*

07-26-10, 6:06 PM

These guys are butchering the manga. Rikuo wasn't half this whiny in the manga

07-26-10, 6:09 PM

^Good thing i didn't read the manga, if i did, this anime will get worse score than i was intended to give, that is if the manga is actually that good

07-26-10, 6:18 PM

Zahymaka said:

Exactly, in the manga he was not a wuss like this. I think it's the voice actor's fault too. The voice is way too whiny. It's a little bit overdone and kills the mood of the series.

And the soundtrack....gosh <___<
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

07-26-10, 8:34 PM

Eh, it pissed me off that they used such an overdone plot device, but Night Rikuo made up for it. Seriously, magic sake that sets everything on fire?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.

07-26-10, 8:38 PM

He may have been whiny, but at least he finally manned up at the end. If he hadn't done anything, though, yeah, I would've been angry.

07-26-10, 10:13 PM

wakka9ca said:
Zahymaka said:

Exactly, in the manga he was not a wuss like this. I think it's the voice actor's fault too. The voice is way too whiny. It's a little bit overdone and kills the mood of the series.

And the soundtrack....gosh <___<

Eh, at first, D-Rikuo was still quite a wimp, even in the manga. (Jun Fukuyama's voice only emphasizes that to a whole new level of "wuss".)

supersayen said:
pretty average episode, like the first 3 ones. Nothing really special. we still have bad fighting animation, we still don't know why the main character can randomly transform even though he doesn't want to, the rat boss got OHKO by some flame for some reason and I'm too lazy to rewatch the last scene to understand what the hell just happened.

The manga is pretty much the same, with the Nura army just pwn those rats. They even go so far that there's no scene of Bakeneko getting bitch-slapped, just the rats' boss attacking Rikuo and get OHKO'ed like that.

Action has never been the Nura series' strong point.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices