Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 26, 2010 3:04 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I dont wanna diss any other anime... but Nurarihyon is looking better than even HOTD (no I like it too) with its slow pace..

and damn..doesnt it look badass when parade of 100 demons came out...
Jul 26, 2010 3:06 PM

Sep 2008
kokoro_412 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I agree.
Honestly, I'm not caring much about the series. I haphazardly picked it up for some reason that forgot already. Does it get better than this?

Edit: Why'd you edit your post? =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2010 3:07 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode! The fight between the rats and the Nura clan was bad ass!! Can't wait for the next episode!!
Jul 26, 2010 3:23 PM

Jun 2010
Again, I was frustrated at Rikuo for the first half but then the second half with Night Rikuo I was just thinking epic, ive said this before but KHR all over again.
Jul 26, 2010 3:37 PM

Jul 2008
I wonder if it'll get to the Tokyo Kitsune arc..
Jul 26, 2010 3:39 PM

Jan 2010
Hmm, this episode was better than the precious, but still nothing particularly great.
Jul 26, 2010 4:13 PM

Aug 2008
SkyFade said:
Again, I was frustrated at Rikuo for the first half but then the second half with Night Rikuo I was just thinking epic, ive said this before but KHR all over again.

No, no it's not. Just wait till the first arc actual starts. Rikuo will stop "whining", and there's a big difference between a weak willed character that has a past that supports his rationale and one who doesn't aka Tsuna.
Jul 26, 2010 4:14 PM

May 2010
4/5. Would've given it 5/5 but some of that animation was just plain shoddy... I mean, seriously, going into his full rat youkai form meant he stopped moving his mouth when he talked? Seriously? That's just lazy. There were other examples too... like the two-dimensional clouds when the Parade appeared. Ok, yes, I get that they're meant to be reminiscent of traditional Japanese art and such, but they just looked so out of place there. Just because something's clever doesn't mean it's necessarily good. Finally, it seemed to me like half the action was taking place off-screen...

Still. That was my only complaint with the episode. Otherwise, strong development in both the plot and some of the key characters. Glad we got to see Yuki-Onna in action. Night Rikuo continues to be badass. I find it kind of cool that he didn't use his sword in this episode. Sort of made it look even more effortless. If that makes sense. Well, anyway. Let's see where this goes from here.
Jul 26, 2010 4:48 PM
Jul 2008
I don't know why but the manga feels very better than the anime. I cannot point my finger on it. I think that the seiyu who does nura sounds too much like a wimp. I like the music and the character sketch.
Jul 26, 2010 4:48 PM

May 2010
What? They fight already?

Now that's fast pace when compared to the manga.
Jul 26, 2010 4:54 PM

Jan 2010
Pretty weak.

"If you don't do what I tell you, I will kill a human and a demon hunter. Bwa-ha-ha-ha!" And he's telling this to the demons. I can forgive Yura for her foolishness because as the rat explained, she's young and well... foolish (but of course, she was sure talking big after she was rescued).

And the fight scene was kind of pathetic. Some nameless, faceless rats die feebly. One rat actually complained about fairness. I had to rewind it because I couldn't believe it the first time I heard it.

One big rat fades away without much of a fight but with a lot of griping. Did he even die.

Of course, none of the good guys get even a bump on them except for the loser cat, who talked big but shamed his whole clan (if he didn't also get it eradicated).

Shouldn't they wait until episode six or seven before playing the meaningless filler episodes? This plot deserves ridicule.
Jul 26, 2010 4:57 PM
Jun 2010
pretty average episode, like the first 3 ones. Nothing really special. we still have bad fighting animation, we still don't know why the main character can randomly transform even though he doesn't want to, the rat boss got OHKO by some flame for some reason and I'm too lazy to rewatch the last scene to understand what the hell just happened.
supersayenJul 26, 2010 5:10 PM

Jul 26, 2010 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
-Kazu said:

It won't. Not enough episodes. It'll end after the Shikoku arc.

I can't believe they finally changed Yuki-Onna's eyes to yellow. Blue just seemed odd.
Jul 26, 2010 5:59 PM

Jul 2009
I'm at my limit..
Please more of Yui-Horie..

I wanna strangle Rikuo when he is whining because he was born at Youkai's family..again *head-banged on the desk*
Jul 26, 2010 6:06 PM
Jan 2009
These guys are butchering the manga. Rikuo wasn't half this whiny in the manga
Jul 26, 2010 6:09 PM

Jul 2009
^Good thing i didn't read the manga, if i did, this anime will get worse score than i was intended to give, that is if the manga is actually that good
Jul 26, 2010 6:18 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Zahymaka said:

Exactly, in the manga he was not a wuss like this. I think it's the voice actor's fault too. The voice is way too whiny. It's a little bit overdone and kills the mood of the series.

And the soundtrack....gosh <___<
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 26, 2010 8:34 PM

Jan 2010
Eh, it pissed me off that they used such an overdone plot device, but Night Rikuo made up for it. Seriously, magic sake that sets everything on fire?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jul 26, 2010 8:38 PM

Mar 2009
He may have been whiny, but at least he finally manned up at the end. If he hadn't done anything, though, yeah, I would've been angry.
Jul 26, 2010 10:13 PM

May 2010
wakka9ca said:
Zahymaka said:

Exactly, in the manga he was not a wuss like this. I think it's the voice actor's fault too. The voice is way too whiny. It's a little bit overdone and kills the mood of the series.

And the soundtrack....gosh <___<

Eh, at first, D-Rikuo was still quite a wimp, even in the manga. (Jun Fukuyama's voice only emphasizes that to a whole new level of "wuss".)

supersayen said:
pretty average episode, like the first 3 ones. Nothing really special. we still have bad fighting animation, we still don't know why the main character can randomly transform even though he doesn't want to, the rat boss got OHKO by some flame for some reason and I'm too lazy to rewatch the last scene to understand what the hell just happened.

The manga is pretty much the same, with the Nura army just pwn those rats. They even go so far that there's no scene of Bakeneko getting bitch-slapped, just the rats' boss attacking Rikuo and get OHKO'ed like that.

Action has never been the Nura series' strong point.
Jul 26, 2010 10:38 PM

Jul 2009
I wish my sake would set everything on fire
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 26, 2010 11:41 PM

Jun 2009
AnimeMama said:
Great episode! The fight between the rats and the Nura clan was bad ass!! Can't wait for the next episode!!

yeah same here that scene kicks ass
Jul 27, 2010 12:36 AM

May 2010
I think this episode is still not great like the previous episode, but i guess is not bad cos i got to see the night rikuo in action (eventhough how he transform himself is a little bit off).

Oh well can't wait for the next episode, i hope it will be a lot better !!

Jul 27, 2010 3:21 AM

Jul 2008
Huh, I see they're trying to incorporate the style of the manga into the animation. It's not fluid enough though. I'm guessing it's a bitch to animate, not sure if it's worth the bother.

BEGINNER
Jul 27, 2010 4:19 AM

Feb 2009
The episode was pretty average until the 100 Hundred Demon Parade bursted though the wall! From that point it was pretty good.
Jul 27, 2010 4:37 AM

Feb 2009
adamantine said:
Huh, I see they're trying to incorporate the style of the manga into the animation. It's not fluid enough though. I'm guessing it's a bitch to animate, not sure if it's worth the bother.
True that.

Mockman said:
Shouldn't they wait until episode six or seven before playing the meaningless filler episodes? This plot deserves ridicule.
This episode followed the manga almost perfectly. This isn't a filler, though the story might be to you.

Great episode. I really think that the only ones who will enjoy this show are the ones who read the manga, as it's been very interesting for me. With this episode and issue now over, I really wonder what's in store for the next episodes. If it's really true that this is until Shikoku arc, how will the other arcs fit given this pace? I'm stumped -_-
Jul 27, 2010 5:02 AM

May 2010
adamantine said:

Agreed. It's nice that they're trying, but it's just not coming off well. Hopefully they'll realise that for future episodes... as I said in my original post, then somewhat shoddy animation was the only thing holding this episode back, in my opinion.
Jul 27, 2010 6:34 AM
Jul 2010
PikachuXD said:
-Kazu said:

It won't. Not enough episodes. It'll end after the Shikoku arc.

I can't believe they finally changed Yuki-Onna's eyes to yellow. Blue just seemed odd.

Yuki Onna's eyes are blue in schoolgirl form, yellow/gold in demon form.
Jul 27, 2010 8:39 AM

Dec 2009
... Cats defeated by Rats .... honestly ....

Why did they asked Rikuo to announce that he won't be the heir of the Nura clan ? it's pretty obvious that he doesn't want to anyway ...

The onmiyoji girl is really annoying , her facial expression doesn't change even when she's scared . Also , she should be more grateful to the demon who saved her from becoming rat food .

The night parade of 100 demons was pure awesome . No complaints there .
Jul 27, 2010 9:05 AM

Oct 2007
This comes from someone who read the manga up to date :

I really like how this anime is going , their a making changes to the manga story where they would give a feeling of flawed . The show is turning up really nice , animation is great and every episode is good .

On Topic : Hyakki Yakō looked great but to bad its not the ENTIRE Hyakki Yakō . Cant wait for the episodes when they fight Kitsune and her group . Given the animation it will rock .
Jul 27, 2010 9:13 AM

Feb 2009
alwaysbored said:
Why did they asked Rikuo to announce that he won't be the heir of the Nura clan ? it's pretty obvious that he doesn't want to anyway ...
Even though it's obvious, not everyone knows it yet. Nura clan are the ones who know about Rikuo not wanting to be Third. Episode one is proof, the meeting of Grandpa with the other youkai.

DarknessAngel said:
Cant wait for the episodes when they fight Kitsune and her group . Given the animation it will rock .
I don't think it will reach that arc, though I really want to. According to an interview, this will only be up to Shikoku arc, with some expanding in the plot of the arcs in between. As for the animation, it's still premature in this episode. Let's see how the future episodes will be animated to see if the animation will fit the Kyoto arc(if this show merits going there).
Jul 27, 2010 9:42 AM

Feb 2010
nice this show lives up to my expectation so far.
Jul 27, 2010 2:09 PM

Aug 2009
I can't get over the adorable-ness of the ending sequence.

I don't think Rikuo is particularly whiney. Although, I've just finished Mobile Suit Gundam- MAN, is that Amuro whiny. Compared to him... I seriously don't blame him for being a bit whiny- is it wrong to want a normal life?

I'm still getting some KHR! vibes from this, but I'm sure that will pass in time.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 27, 2010 2:53 PM

Mar 2010
This anime is certainly predictable, but that's not a bad thing. Night Rikuo is so cool, I hope they mature day Rikuo more. I can't wait for more!
Jul 27, 2010 6:57 PM

Jan 2009
To those commenting on Rikuo being whiny: he gets better, really. Also, the manga does do a slightly better job at explaining why Rikuo feels the way he does towards youkai. (He's still rather whiny about it though.)
Jul 28, 2010 7:03 AM

May 2008
Rikuo is actually a great character, unlike most other characters

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 28, 2010 3:07 PM

Mar 2009
While I enjoyed watching ep 1-3, 4 was kinda a letdown. I'm not too picky about wuss-yness, but I feel like the artwork just didn't flow. The animators tried to incorperate "sumi-e" art for that japanese legend feel, but it just didn't fit. There also wasn't much passion in the fight scene unlike the first one in episode 1.

On the other hand, the Parade of 100 Demons bursting through the wall was badass, and I too, cannot get over how cute the ending theme is!
Jul 28, 2010 8:36 PM

Nov 2007
Uhh, what's with the random b&w scenes?

Anyway, some action! That's good. But damn, Night!Rikuo sure is powerful with his blue flamey things.

Idk how Rikuo is gonna cover this up, though. Surely the girls heard the ratguy calling Rikuo's name and calling him the Third Heir.
Jul 29, 2010 1:11 AM

Jul 2008
rikou finally decides to come out and kick some butt! he lit a dude on fire like it was nothing!!!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 29, 2010 4:12 AM

Jul 2008
we still don't know why the main character can randomly transform even though he doesn't want to

You don't follow the story, do you? It was already explained that he can transform into his demon form at night (because only a quarter of his blood is demonic, he can only stay like that at night). And he transforms if he wants. And he did want to save his friends this episode so it is neither random nor unwilling transformation.

Even in manga he is a wimp until the arc that starts next episode. Only after that does the Human Rikou become awesome in his own way.

Great episode. I really think that the only ones who will enjoy this show are the ones who read the manga

Should we blame the director or just the studio? A whole bunch of cuts made this show mostly interesting to manga readers rather then for everyone.
Of course, there are certain improvements as well but they mean more to manga-readers then to anime-only public :P

The eyes are yellow when she is in her demon form while they are blue in her human form.

This is official disinheritance. Once he signs it, he can never become the heir and the Nura clan shall fall. The Nura clan has many enemies and currently they are using Rikuo's wimpiness to bring the Nura Clan down.

The onmiyoji girl is really annoying , her facial expression doesn't change even when she's scared . Also , she should be more grateful to the demon who saved her from becoming rat food .

She is the resident tsundere. She won't say thank you to her rival/enemy easily :P
Also, mind that she is a natural enemy of demons and try to predict how she was raised. A person raised to exterminate demons probably wasn't thought to respect them.
Jul 29, 2010 5:43 AM

Apr 2008
feel like reading this manga o_o

Jul 29, 2010 7:52 AM

Jul 2008
For those interested, here are some manga scans:

The Kyusso clan in action (cut out scene, which also shows who hired the Kyuuso Clan (in other words, it is kinda a spoiler)):

Still not sure which entrance I like more: the one from manga or the one from anime...

Part of Rikuo's Mobilisation speech

Don't kid with the girls of the Nura Clan:

The Rat's death in the manga:
NayraelJul 29, 2010 7:59 AM
Jul 29, 2010 9:20 AM

May 2010
Rikuo when awakened didn't even need close combat with Rat guy xD nice!

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jul 29, 2010 2:27 PM

May 2008
Night Rikuo's dashing in was just epic~
I kind of like how FukuJun does Rikuo, maybe because I don't read the manga...
Jul 29, 2010 4:34 PM

Nov 2009
Shounen will be shounen but like the start of the others i am impressed... for now. Yet another secret identity i can't wait to be revealed.
Jul 30, 2010 5:31 AM

Jan 2009
Rikuo is terribly dumb. While that little rat is terribly smart. (Well compared to Rikuo at least.)
And that big rat is so terribly ugly.
However, very anticlimatic end to that battle.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 30, 2010 11:15 AM

Mar 2009
i hate human nura...i hate his voice and i hate his whining and how he's so freaking selfish.
Jul 30, 2010 2:27 PM

Nov 2007
legit badass episode, i can't even. i was practically having goosebumps when they infi8ltrated through the rats' mansion. yuki-onna looked so out of place with her face being all :D & now i'm reaaaallly tempted to read the manga. ;3;

yamakasi said:
Uhh, what's with the random b&w scenes?

LMFAO THISSSSS. i found that pretty random too. i thought my graphic card messed up for a sec there...
Jul 31, 2010 12:59 PM
Dec 2007
Interesting episode once again, but Day Rikuo is getting on my nerves more and more and there was an awful "chance envounter" between Ryouta neko and Rikuo at the middle of the episode that appeared out of nowhere and felt really forced (plus it didn' bring anything to the script of the episode overall).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 31, 2010 2:12 PM
Apr 2010
huh? what's up with the animation on this episode it sucked ass.
Anyways 2nd Rikuo was alright this episode.I'm still wondering how his hair sticks out like that all the time O.O
Sent with Mal Updater
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deadaccount0000 - Jul 5, 2010

155 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 17, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 6, 2010

37 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 7, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Dubbed or Subbed? Witch one is better?

Zmagoo256 - Apr 26, 2020

2 by Mazdite1 »»
Nov 12, 2023 12:15 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 6, 2010

113 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 2, 2023 10:03 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bolt_ - Aug 30, 2010

73 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 1, 2023 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.