MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Black★Rock Shooter (OVA) Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Black★Rock Shooter (OVA) »» Black★Rock Shooter (OVA) Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (28) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Black★Rock Shooter (OVA) Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

274 32.39%
4 out of 5: Liked it

244 28.84%
3 out of 5: It was OK

218 25.77%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

81 9.57%
1 out of 5: Hated it

29 3.43%
Voters: 846

07-24-10, 1:54 PM

It started well, great animation and stuff.
But what the heck is that generic slice-of-life high-school crap you see in most series doing here? And with Manabi Straight!-like animation, which looks sweet, but too sweet for me. Plot wasn't all that capturing either.
God, I can't believe I've been trolled twice this season. I'm taking a break.

07-24-10, 1:55 PM

I think all the "school girl" scenes are "past" while BRS is "real time". All the stuff we are seeing with Mato is what happened before she became BRS.

But that's confusing also, since BRS didn't have the scars when she first faced BGS, but when her and Mato "meet", she does have them...

It's pretty obvious Yuu is STRength XD They were both introduced around the same time; and right after STRength jumps off the cliff, Mato gets injured and we meet Yuu. Her actions at the end were suspicious.
And their hairstyles are the same XD
Modified by LadyOrihime, 07-24-10, 2:00 PM

07-24-10, 1:56 PM

I totally forgot this OVA was even coming out x.x

Well, after watching it, it definitely brought up quite a few questions that i'd like answered.

The action scenes were great, and some of the musical pieces were awesome, but overall I think this OVA could have been better

Beautifully drawn backgrounds and animation though :D

Screenshots :D

Modified by Kuro4735, 07-24-10, 9:43 PM

07-24-10, 2:07 PM

They just suckered us into wanting more...I seriously hope there's more episodes or at least some explanation, but overall I think it was enjoyable. I expected a lot of action and explanation of characters and the world, but what I received was a slice-of-life school moe anime... Oh well.

07-24-10, 2:10 PM

Yeah the rush a lot so I kind of also think the school girl scenes is the past, but somehow that feel kind of weird they make like this an OVA and BRS is real time.
How come they just keep fighting without talking to it together? Very confusing here.
Let's wait for more information before we can said anymore.
It will become very sad if it's end like this.

I got also a feeling they will continue with more OVA before getting up with the real anime.
Let's wait. ^^

LadyOrihime said:
I think all the "school girl" scenes are "past" while BRS is "real time". All the stuff we are seeing with Mato is what happened before she became BRS.

But that's confusing also, since BRS didn't have the scars when she first faced BGS, but when her and Mato "meet", she does have them...

It's pretty obvious Yuu is STRength XD They were both introduced around the same time; and right after STRength jumps off the cliff, Mato gets injured and we meet Yuu. Her actions at the end were suspicious.
And their hairstyles are the same XD

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

07-24-10, 2:14 PM

Maybe they just can't talk in the "other world" and have to settle things with weapons and hugs? LOL!

07-24-10, 2:40 PM

Subs 'should' be out, and is seeding horribly slow. I can't verify until my torrent is done.... 89%....

07-24-10, 2:53 PM

Nice and touching episode =(

Only 1 episode is too short =/ I expected more episodes ;o;

07-24-10, 2:56 PM

sile said:
Paul said:
Subs 'should' be out, and is seeding horribly slow. I can't verify until my torrent is done.... 89%....

link to torrent pls

Was removed from Nyaatorrents, its a fake. Finished it. Got trolled.

07-24-10, 3:06 PM

Finally it's here. :3

07-24-10, 3:09 PM

At first, when they showed the girl sleeping in bed and waking up, I swear I was watching K-ON!.

D: For some reason I knew this OVA wasn't going to be "all-that".

07-24-10, 3:22 PM

It was disappointing after this long wait and all the hype. Animation and music are both beautiful, but the storyline wasn't too great to me :(

My take on what happened:

Mato meets Yomi, then they become best friends for the first year of middle school. Come second year, they end up in different classes and Mato ends up hanging out with Yuu more. Yomi gets jealous, then Dead Master uses her emotions to possess her (insert filler info here on why). Yomi goes missing, Mato wants to find her and her emotions attracts BRS (insert more filler info here on why and how) and they become one. All the fight scenes, with the exception of the first one, chronologically take place after the final scene where Mato and BRS merge. In the last fight scene, Mato's emotions for Yomi somehow allows her to break free from being possessed by DM.

Then Yomi and Mato become good friends again, but this time Yuu gets jealous and eventually turns into that other character with two shooters, STR.

Edit: BRS was fighting a different character in the beginning, not DM >_>

That's what I think happened anyways. Anyone who has enough free time to read that, what do you think? A lot of filler stuff was left out, so I wanna see what people think about the storyline.
Modified by FaithoftheFallen, 07-25-10, 1:21 PM

07-24-10, 3:31 PM

FaithoftheFallen said:
It was disappointing after this long wait and all the hype. Animation and music are both beautiful, but the storyline wasn't too great to me :(

In an alternate world, Dead Master and BRS are fighting (insert filler info here on why they're fighting). DM stabs BRS and she gets scarred but lives.

Real world: Mato meets Yomi, then they become best friends for the first year of middle school. Come second year, they end up in different classes and Mato ends up hanging out with Yuu more. Yomi gets jealous, then Dead Master uses her emotions to possess her (insert filler info here on why). Note that in the beginning scene where BRS wasn't scarred, DM has red eyes. However, in the scenes afterwards, her eyes are green, the same as Yomi's. Yomi goes missing, Mato wants to find her and her emotions attracts BRS (insert more filler info here on why and how) and they become one. All the fight scenes, with the exception of the first one, chronologically take place after the final scene where Mato and BRS merge. In the last fight scene, Mato's emotions for Yomi somehow allows her to break free from being possessed by DM.

That's what I think happened anyways. Anyone who has enough free time to read that, what do you think? A lot of filler stuff was left out, so I wanna see what people think about the storyline.

Easy to sum this up.. As a friend has already told me.

Yuri Yandere.

:D

07-24-10, 3:59 PM

I was a little disappointed, I was hoping for a lot more BRS and a lot less school life. I did enjoy it, but eh...It could've been a lot better. I do hope that theres a sequel. It really did feel like a prequel, as mentioned by numerous other people.

Anyway, I feel no contempt to the studio, even though it wasn't what it should've been. If theres more to this, all bad memories of this OVA shall be forgotten.

07-24-10, 4:19 PM

Well the raw was decent. Fight scenes were well done, music was nice. Not really disappointed, as long as there's more coming, which the way it ended I'm pretty sure there will be.

07-24-10, 4:29 PM

Yet another show that doesn't live up to it's hype, but we all saw it coming. Cliché cliché cliché! Nothing more can be said.

07-24-10, 5:49 PM

FaithoftheFallen said:

Mato meets Yomi, then they become best friends for the first year of middle school. Come second year, they end up in different classes and Mato ends up hanging out with Yuu more. Yomi gets jealous, then Dead Master uses her emotions to possess her (insert filler info here on why). However, in the scenes afterwards, her eyes are green, the same as Yomi's. Yomi goes missing, Mato wants to find her and her emotions attracts BRS (insert more filler info here on why and how) and they become one. All the fight scenes, with the exception of the first one, chronologically take place after the final scene where Mato and BRS merge. In the last fight scene, Mato's emotions for Yomi somehow allows her to break free from being possessed by DM.

Then Yomi and Mato become good friends again, but this time Yuu gets jealous and eventually turns into that other character with two shooters, STR.

Edit: BRS was fighting a different character in the beginning, not DM >_>

Congratulations, you got it right. That's exactly what happened. Of course, there will still be people here complaining that they didn't understand the story or whatever.

As far as I'm concerned, Black Rock Shooter=Samurai Jack+randomschoolanime. 7/10. Some more OVAs would be good, but with more action please.

07-24-10, 5:53 PM

I'm guessing there's still no subs around~?

07-24-10, 6:29 PM

As it has been said over and over, subs are out.

Anyways, I enjoyed the show, I'm can't say it was lacking a lot though. Frigging ending made me rage. As in after credits.

Will be making a crap load of GIFS now. BBL.

07-24-10, 7:11 PM

Meh, it didn't live up to what i thought it was gonna be. I don't mind slice of life but how it was cut between that and random action scenes made it feel awkward. I was hoping for a big awesome sword clashing fighting scene with the Black rock shooter song blaring but it wasn't delivered. It was ok but i wouldn't put it on priority watch list.

This will stay a 7/10 for me unless if they come out with a sequel or something to tie this story up.

And i watched this from Nyaatorrents, The 3gig .iso file. it did have a weird fuzziness when characters moved, anybody else get this?

Pages (28) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices