Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2010 11:35 PM

May 2010
JadedLover said:

i dont know why it didnt show up but yes at page 27&28 well if you read in to their talk some more it shows that the way zero thinks of her as the ancestor of the hunter clan

think it this way your ancestor was the root of your blood basically its their blood that runs in your veins
then see this the blood that runs thru all hunters is her blood because she sacrificed her blood so that human can become hunters basically the reason they are hunters is because they have her blood

so it means by blood she was the origin right? so it also means she was the ancestor of the hunters
Jul 30, 2010 11:30 AM

Jan 2009
frozen_soul said:
JadedLover said:

i dont know why it didnt show up but yes at page 27&28 well if you read in to their talk some more it shows that the way zero thinks of her as the ancestor of the hunter clan

think it this way your ancestor was the root of your blood basically its their blood that runs in your veins
then see this the blood that runs thru all hunters is her blood because she sacrificed her blood so that human can become hunters basically the reason they are hunters is because they have her blood

so it means by blood she was the origin right? so it also means she was the ancestor of the hunters

I read it both in German and in English, and no where did I get the impression that Zero thought of her as an ancestor of his. Just as a vampire ancestor.

An ancestor is a parent or (recursively) the parent of an ancestor (i.e., a grandparent, great-grandparent, great-great-grandparent, and so forth).
Two individuals have a genetic relationship if one is the ancestor of the other, or if they share a common ancestor.

She is not related to Zero genetically which makes it impossible for her to be his ancestor. Following your line of logic though; "basically the reason they are hunters is because they have her blood", that would make Yuuki Zero's ancestor (and an ancestor to his children) since he has consumed a great deal of her blood. Eating and/or drinking something does not give genetic heritage. That's like saying because I had a bloody rare steak for dinner last night (and it was very good I might add), that cow will be an ancestor to my children and in turn their's.

"so it means by blood she was the origin right?" No. They got their power from her blood and that is it. They can trace their lines further back then that genetically. Like I said above, eating and/or drinking something does not give genetic heritage, and by definition of ancestor it is genetic.

She could, however, be an ancestor to Zero since all the vampire ancestors came from human parents it said. So for all we know, she might be a relative to him that way. That's as far as I'll concede her to be an ancestor to him if they were related that way.

I don't find it necessary to get into more of a debate then this in the middle of a forum, so this is my last post on the subject. You have your opinion and I have mine (and we are both entitled to those). Nothing you can say will sway me in mine however so....XD

Jul 30, 2010 6:02 PM

May 2010
JadedLover said:

i think so to this debate is just proof of our opinions so i wont add anymore since neither side would sway to the other nice talking with you thou
frozen_soulJul 30, 2010 6:30 PM
Jul 30, 2010 10:30 PM
Oct 2009
Wah, I don't really like Kaname but I totally ship him x blonde lady now xD Win! <3
Jul 31, 2010 6:30 AM

Nov 2009
Will just put my 2 cents in about the ancestor; I think the real meaning was ancestors of the "bloodsuckers" in this case (Vampires). It mentions that and says they descended from the survivors who drank it.
Anyways awesome chapter, and easier to follow for me than past ones. Wondering what will happen with Aidou and how much more is left of Kaname's past.
Aug 31, 2010 1:07 AM

Mar 2010
Ahh~ <333 Zero is so hot~! <3
And, Kaname had a girlfriend already?! WTF?! XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2010 7:17 AM

Oct 2008
The hooded lady looked like a female Zero. =O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 27, 2011 7:42 PM

Aug 2009
So the hooded woman is the ancestor of the hunters??
And I also think that she is Kaname's first love.
chiquit0621Jun 27, 2011 7:45 PM

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Apr 27, 2012 8:13 AM
Feb 2010
I'm still for KanamexZero with Yuki on the side eating potato chips and getting fat.
Nov 30, 2013 2:44 PM

Sep 2013
Zero has been so hot lately!
Feb 5, 2014 5:02 AM

Feb 2014
Wow!! Interesting information has been revealed ^^ Zero and Aidou are so funny together jaja I liked the first part xD I love Zero <3
Jul 18, 2021 2:57 PM

May 2010
I wasn't that surprised when they revealed Kaname is basically million years old because he gives that creepy old guy vibe since chapter one lol, BUT I did not expect that he had someone he loved before! That's some interesting revelation, and it gives me hope, now I can have more faith in ending where Zero and Yuki end up together, and I seriously need that!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.