Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2010 9:12 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverJul 22, 2010 9:36 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 23, 2010 1:02 AM

Jan 2009
What a revealing chapter this was!
So it appears this hooded vampire was the one who started the hunters. She pulled out her own heart to make the weapons. I wonder if this is why some of the Kurans can use anti-vampire weapons, since Kaname drank her blood, or if she is the one, who with Kaname, started the Kuran clan?
A lot of Zero in this chapter!! YAY!! He and Kaname both were looking hot as always!!!!XD I can't believe he arrested Aidou! I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry over that. Since he said he just wants information from Zero and had ways to get it, I hope he doesn't plan on trying to torture him someway to get it. I think I would find that rather funny if he did, but don't think Zero would do that anyway! Also the conversation he had with Aidou about Yuuki and Aidou basically telling him he should try to get back the person he loves........hmmmm......since Zero won't admit he loves her anyway and has threatened to kill her......
Back to the hooded vampire.....I thought she might look like Yuuki more, but it looks like she's blond, and her personality is nothing like Yuuki's is.
Yuuki redeemed herself somewhat in my eyes this chapter when I saw her crying over Kaname's pain in his memories.
I felt really bad for Kaname. There is no way Yuuki will not love him because of his past. I think in her eyes he will be the same Kaname she has always known and loved and nothing will ever change that!
I guess I'm kinda rambling here, so will end with I thought the hooded vampire lady was kind of creepy. I haven't decided yet if she's good or bad. I'm soooo tired so I'm sure I'm not making any sense! lol
JadedLoverJul 23, 2010 1:43 AM

Jul 23, 2010 1:42 AM

Jan 2009
Sorry, but one last thing....Zero's tattoo.....is it just me or did it seem to be bigger and more on the front of his neck then the side?!? Since we haven't seen very much of him lately maybe it's just me, but on page 7 on the top frame when he's looking to the side you can't see the tattoo, but in the lower picture, it looks to be more to the front of his neck. It wasn't just this page, but others where I noticed it as well.....maybe it's just me! lol

Jul 25, 2010 9:26 AM

Jun 2008
Well i think that the hooded lady was the person Kaname loved and lost, because we had a flashback of him many chapters ago saying that he lost the person he loved the most, it can only be her...and wow, she looks like ZERO?!
She looks like a feminine version of Zero, omg. She doesnt seem bad or scary to me. She founded the hunters to protect humans, so....
and i think Zero will not fight his feelings forever. definitely one day he will confess to Yuki.
Aidou was hilarious xD
About the tatoo i didnt noticed because i only saw the raws and in bad quality, so T.T
anyway, he was damn HOT.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 25, 2010 12:27 PM

May 2010
JadedLover said:
What a revealing chapter this was!
So it appears this hooded vampire was the one who started the hunters. She pulled out her own heart to make the weapons. I wonder if this is why some of the Kurans can use anti-vampire weapons, since Kaname drank her blood, or if she is the one, who with Kaname, started the Kuran clan?
A lot of Zero in this chapter!! YAY!! He and Kaname both were looking hot as always!!!!XD I can't believe he arrested Aidou! I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry over that. Since he said he just wants information from Zero and had ways to get it, I hope he doesn't plan on trying to torture him someway to get it. I think I would find that rather funny if he did, but don't think Zero would do that anyway! Also the conversation he had with Aidou about Yuuki and Aidou basically telling him he should try to get back the person he loves........hmmmm......since Zero won't admit he loves her anyway and has threatened to kill her......
Back to the hooded vampire.....I thought she might look like Yuuki more, but it looks like she's blond, and her personality is nothing like Yuuki's is.
Yuuki redeemed herself somewhat in my eyes this chapter when I saw her crying over Kaname's pain in his memories.
I felt really bad for Kaname. There is no way Yuuki will not love him because of his past. I think in her eyes he will be the same Kaname she has always known and loved and nothing will ever change that!
I guess I'm kinda rambling here, so will end with I thought the hooded vampire lady was kind of creepy. I haven't decided yet if she's good or bad. I'm soooo tired so I'm sure I'm not making any sense! lol

I totally agree with you on every thing ... except the Aidou and Zero part XD
A sweet dream, has not ended yet.
Jul 26, 2010 7:41 AM
Jun 2010
where can i read this chapter, its on on any of the sites i normally use and goggle isn't helping, also since zero is in this chapter i really want to read it.
Jul 26, 2010 2:24 PM

Nov 2007
minatojs said:
where can i read this chapter, its on on any of the sites i normally use and goggle isn't helping, also since zero is in this chapter i really want to read it.

Go to Vampire Knight Manga Club @ MAL. Someone shared it in raw.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 27, 2010 5:47 AM
Dec 2009
So the hooded vampire was the founder of the hunters then O.o. Makes me wonder why Kaname has always hated Zero then, I thought he didn't like hunters but obviously not, must have been because of his relationship with Yuuki then.

I think the past chapters have been pretty revealing, but I can't wait until the real action starts. Sadly I think it's becoming more and more unlikely that Zero and Yuuki will get it on :(. But I do think there will be some war thing in the end and Kaname, Yuuki and Zero will obviously have big parts in it. I dunno if I'm excited for the end, or if I don't want it to end "/

Also, was it just me that found it strange that Aidou said if he was Zero, he would try and get the girl he loved. He might have just said it to annoy him but maybe he was serious O.o
Jul 27, 2010 8:38 AM

Jan 2009
Orulyon said:
r...and wow, she looks like ZERO?!

I was thinking she looked like Ruka until you pointed that out and I took another look.

I guess the chapter isn't called Hunters and Ancestors for nothing.
VKzero said:
So the hooded vampire was the founder of the hunters then O.o. Makes me wonder why Kaname has always hated Zero then, I thought he didn't like hunters but obviously not, must have been because of his relationship with Yuuki then.

I think it was because of Zero's relationship with Yuuki, Zero always drinking her blood, and his attitude towards vampires.

Jul 28, 2010 6:29 PM

Jun 2008
Great chapter. :P I wonder how Zero would treat Kaname differently if he knew that Kaname was helping the ancestor of the hunters. Poor Aidou...I found it funny that he was arrested. I want to know more about Kaname.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Jul 28, 2010 7:36 PM

Apr 2009
Aidou seems to be supporting Zero + Yuuki haha.
Jul 28, 2010 9:10 PM

May 2010
well the hooded woman is so hot i like her way better than yuki ^^

well she was the ancestor of the hunters and the source of their power so i am not that surprised that she looks like zero

remember zero has the strongest hunter blood
Jul 28, 2010 9:16 PM

Jan 2009
frozen_soul said:

well she was the ancestor of the hunters and the source of their power so i am not that surprised that she looks like zero

I must have missed something....where does it say she was the ancestor of the hunters?!

She gave them her blood, and used her heart for the weapons, but as far as her being an ancestor to the hunters I missed that or had a different translation maybe?!

Jul 28, 2010 10:49 PM

Dec 2009
When everyone keeps saying that she looked like a female Zero, I really don't see it T-T. At first I was like "ohhh...." but then I thought "eh wait a second" so I went back, and I didn't really see a resemblance.....

Aidou was funny at the beginning, freaking out from being in the back of the truck w/ Zero, and screaming. haha
Jul 29, 2010 5:28 AM

Dec 2008
That hooded lady looks like Yuuki to me...
Kaname's past is SO sad. Yuuki please don't abandon him.
Jul 29, 2010 6:05 AM

Mar 2009
Zero. Is. Back!! Great chapter. Some background on how the vampire hunters came about and a bit more about Kaname

Aidou was really hilarious, as usual XD
Jul 29, 2010 8:27 AM

Dec 2009
Zero-san <3 !
Aidou was hilarious on the first page, I wonder if he's gonna escape unharmed after annoying Zero xD .
I still find it amusing that Kaname isn't Yuki's brother but her greatgreatgreat....gratgrandfather xD
Jul 29, 2010 1:40 PM

May 2010
JadedLover said:
frozen_soul said:

I must have missed something....where does it say she was the ancestor of the hunters?!

She gave them her blood, and used her heart for the weapons, but as far as her being an ancestor to the hunters I missed that or had a different translation maybe?!

well i think a different translation because she was definitly refered as the ancestor of the vampire hunter race even if we have different translation the fact that she was the one that started the clan and her blood runs thru all the vampire hunters she is stilll technically considered as the ancestor of the clan and all of the hunters are mostly considerd as her offspring in a sense of ability
Jul 29, 2010 4:21 PM

Jan 2009
frozen_soul said:
JadedLover said:
frozen_soul said:

well i think a different translation because she was definitly refered as the ancestor of the vampire hunter race even if we have different translation the fact that she was the one that started the clan and her blood runs thru all the vampire hunters she is stilll technically considered as the ancestor of the clan and all of the hunters are mostly considerd as her offspring in a sense of ability

Your images didn't show up for me, but I did go back and re-read the chapter. I saw on page 27 and 28 where they refer to her as an ancestor, as in an original vampire, in the same sense as Kaname is an ancestor. One of the original vampires, not as in an ancestor of the hunters. That's the way I read that to be.

Jul 29, 2010 8:37 PM

Jul 2010
I agree with that the hooded lady could be the person Kaname loved and lost, but I think she looks like an older version of Yuuki. As for Zero, I don't think he'll confess to Yuki, until Kaname has done something to her to betray her trust. Because at the moment if he does confess, she'll just reject him and say she belongs to Kaname. Hopefully the next few chapters will be the turning point for Yuuki and Kaname's relationship. Yay for Aidou telling Zero to fight for Yuuki. I want Yuuki to be with Zero so bad!! I also think Zero knows more about the hooded lady and that's why he took Aidou with him to the hunter association building as a prisoner, because he's a vampire and all, Zero couldn't just freely bring him in.

Bah look at me rant on xD
Samurai_Jul 29, 2010 10:14 PM
Jul 29, 2010 11:35 PM

May 2010
JadedLover said:

i dont know why it didnt show up but yes at page 27&28 well if you read in to their talk some more it shows that the way zero thinks of her as the ancestor of the hunter clan

think it this way your ancestor was the root of your blood basically its their blood that runs in your veins
then see this the blood that runs thru all hunters is her blood because she sacrificed her blood so that human can become hunters basically the reason they are hunters is because they have her blood

so it means by blood she was the origin right? so it also means she was the ancestor of the hunters
Jul 30, 2010 11:30 AM

Jan 2009
frozen_soul said:
JadedLover said:

i dont know why it didnt show up but yes at page 27&28 well if you read in to their talk some more it shows that the way zero thinks of her as the ancestor of the hunter clan

think it this way your ancestor was the root of your blood basically its their blood that runs in your veins
then see this the blood that runs thru all hunters is her blood because she sacrificed her blood so that human can become hunters basically the reason they are hunters is because they have her blood

so it means by blood she was the origin right? so it also means she was the ancestor of the hunters

I read it both in German and in English, and no where did I get the impression that Zero thought of her as an ancestor of his. Just as a vampire ancestor.

An ancestor is a parent or (recursively) the parent of an ancestor (i.e., a grandparent, great-grandparent, great-great-grandparent, and so forth).
Two individuals have a genetic relationship if one is the ancestor of the other, or if they share a common ancestor.

She is not related to Zero genetically which makes it impossible for her to be his ancestor. Following your line of logic though; "basically the reason they are hunters is because they have her blood", that would make Yuuki Zero's ancestor (and an ancestor to his children) since he has consumed a great deal of her blood. Eating and/or drinking something does not give genetic heritage. That's like saying because I had a bloody rare steak for dinner last night (and it was very good I might add), that cow will be an ancestor to my children and in turn their's.

"so it means by blood she was the origin right?" No. They got their power from her blood and that is it. They can trace their lines further back then that genetically. Like I said above, eating and/or drinking something does not give genetic heritage, and by definition of ancestor it is genetic.

She could, however, be an ancestor to Zero since all the vampire ancestors came from human parents it said. So for all we know, she might be a relative to him that way. That's as far as I'll concede her to be an ancestor to him if they were related that way.

I don't find it necessary to get into more of a debate then this in the middle of a forum, so this is my last post on the subject. You have your opinion and I have mine (and we are both entitled to those). Nothing you can say will sway me in mine however so....XD

Jul 30, 2010 6:02 PM

May 2010
JadedLover said:

i think so to this debate is just proof of our opinions so i wont add anymore since neither side would sway to the other nice talking with you thou
frozen_soulJul 30, 2010 6:30 PM
Jul 30, 2010 10:30 PM
Oct 2009
Wah, I don't really like Kaname but I totally ship him x blonde lady now xD Win! <3
Jul 31, 2010 6:30 AM

Nov 2009
Will just put my 2 cents in about the ancestor; I think the real meaning was ancestors of the "bloodsuckers" in this case (Vampires). It mentions that and says they descended from the survivors who drank it.
Anyways awesome chapter, and easier to follow for me than past ones. Wondering what will happen with Aidou and how much more is left of Kaname's past.
Aug 31, 2010 1:07 AM

Mar 2010
Ahh~ <333 Zero is so hot~! <3
And, Kaname had a girlfriend already?! WTF?! XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2010 7:17 AM

Oct 2008
The hooded lady looked like a female Zero. =O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 27, 2011 7:42 PM

Aug 2009
So the hooded woman is the ancestor of the hunters??
And I also think that she is Kaname's first love.
chiquit0621Jun 27, 2011 7:45 PM

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Apr 27, 2012 8:13 AM
Feb 2010
I'm still for KanamexZero with Yuki on the side eating potato chips and getting fat.
Nov 30, 2013 2:44 PM

Sep 2013
Zero has been so hot lately!
Feb 5, 2014 5:02 AM

Feb 2014
Wow!! Interesting information has been revealed ^^ Zero and Aidou are so funny together jaja I liked the first part xD I love Zero <3
Jul 18, 2021 2:57 PM

May 2010
I wasn't that surprised when they revealed Kaname is basically million years old because he gives that creepy old guy vibe since chapter one lol, BUT I did not expect that he had someone he loved before! That's some interesting revelation, and it gives me hope, now I can have more faith in ending where Zero and Yuki end up together, and I seriously need that!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.