Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 25, 2010 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
Oh, apparantly I missed watching this. >.>

Anyway, kewl, Lulu's voice, mixed with the looks of Heibo and Tomoya, and you'll have Ryner when he got out. ^^

Yeah, I do like this. Moar please.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 25, 2010 9:13 AM

Jan 2010
This is now one of the "Legend of the Legendary Animes"

Ryner x Ferris = Everyone wins! Both personality is really funny. I can't see them going through a peaceful marriage.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2010 9:22 AM

Apr 2007
I really hope this series gets a second season. Like really really. There's just so much more interesting content that a novel reader from another forum was telling. And I feel like 26 episodes will only cover half of LoLHeroes. I really want the sequel novel to get animated as well. Hopefully the DVDs/B-ray will sell decently. Though it doesn't seem like ZEXCS does 2nd seasons. :(

Anyway, I enjoy watching this the most out of the other summer shows thus far.
Jul 25, 2010 10:38 AM

Aug 2007
Not a bad episode. Certainly not as terrible as the last one. I liked the pacing in this one, as well as Ferris and Ryner's fight scene. Definitely impressed with her, even if she is a pretty generic character. Though the scene felt really forced. What kind of country doesn't shackle their prisoners? Even if he was just being brought to Sion, it didn't make much sense.

I at least have some hope for this show though.
Jul 25, 2010 12:31 PM

Jul 2009
This anime is seriously awesome. So Ryner was doing some research during his jail time, huh ... also liked his interaction with the jail guard. LOL Ferris, you "sex fiend!" XD Their battle was pretty cool too ... liked how she knew he was "going easy" on her :P
Lucile is kind of suspicious IMO ... lol Ryner and Sion interaction was hilarious XD Especially how he was like "Kiefer's dead" lol XD
So, back to episode 1, huh? Hmm ... hope we get more of an explanation of these legendary relic things :O
Jul 25, 2010 12:39 PM

Nov 2007
still pretty interesting, I guess we are caught up. I'm curious how Sion got king so fast and why he sends Ryner away immediately. some friend he is. Ryner is still a pretty cool guy, who I look forward to seeing more about including his motivations.
Jul 25, 2010 2:01 PM

Apr 2009
BakaOnna said:
I really hope this series gets a second season. Like really really. There's just so much more interesting content that a novel reader from another forum was telling. And I feel like 26 episodes will only cover half of LoLHeroes. I really want the sequel novel to get animated as well. Hopefully the DVDs/B-ray will sell decently. Though it doesn't seem like ZEXCS does 2nd seasons. :(

Could you post a link to that forum? I'm really interested.
Jul 25, 2010 2:14 PM

Apr 2007
hikoghert said:
BakaOnna said:

Could you post a link to that forum? I'm really interested.

Spoiler warnings, of course. =P

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=621735&page=8
The person who's read the novel goes by angrypokstick. He's read the first 11 volumes (which is Legend of the Legendary Heroes). A lot of the questions the other users asked were from wikipedia's article on this series, which has quite a few big spoilers. But it looks like those spoilers have migrated to the MAL character profiles.
z-pakJul 25, 2010 2:19 PM
Jul 25, 2010 4:20 PM
Jun 2008
narutofan User's signature has no size limit ;P

Here a summarize cute manga Japanese version of volume1 (episode1,2,3)
MorningGloryJul 25, 2010 10:06 PM
Jul 26, 2010 1:08 AM

Sep 2008
One of few of series/episode thats make Dialogue feel enjoyable, hope it'll continue like this.
Jul 26, 2010 2:35 AM

May 2008
I loved this episode~ I don't really understand why people judge it by it's title. Personally I found it quite interesting to begin with, and it hasn't disappointed me yet~
I hope we'll get to see Kiefer again someday, though I think there's not too much hope~ I loved Ryner's expression when Shion told him she's dead~
Jul 26, 2010 12:42 PM
Feb 2010
Just started and watched 4 episodes...
it´s a way better anime than i thought I like the story and the Athmosphere till now
hope it stays like this
Jul 26, 2010 3:38 PM
Jun 2010
wow, this anime is starting to look good, i'm glad i didn't drop it after what IMO was the worst first episode of this season
Jul 26, 2010 4:17 PM

Nov 2009
starting to be a good one.

it reminds me more and more of slayers ish
Jul 26, 2010 6:11 PM

Jun 2009
Not bad. Seems like it's gonna be better than i expected after all.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 27, 2010 2:11 PM

Nov 2007
This_episode said:
"Country of afternoon naps."

There's already Spain for that.
Jul 27, 2010 2:28 PM

Mar 2010
What kind of guy becomes king and finally gets around to letting his friend who saved his butt out of jail? Then sends him on a crazy mission?
I wonder how he became king anyway. I wanted Ryner to beat Ferris, she's annoying! The first episode should be filling in here shortly.
Jul 27, 2010 4:02 PM

Aug 2009
mollymarie said:
What kind of guy becomes king and finally gets around to letting his friend who saved his butt out of jail? Then sends him on a crazy mission?

A trolling one?
Jul 28, 2010 9:11 AM

Apr 2009
sayami said:
I loved this episode~ I don't really understand why people judge it by it's title.

Heh heh...I was like "LoLHeroes? They have to be trolling o.o"
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 28, 2010 10:15 AM
Jun 2008
Cenedess said:
sayami said:
I loved this episode~ I don't really understand why people judge it by it's title.

But actually they are trolling ,but even troll has to be serious when come to a life and death situation and I respect that .
garfield15 said:
mollymarie said:

A trolling one?
same thought ^^. Sending off/killing Ryner will gain favor towards the Aristocrat.Furthermore,Sion wanna test whether Ryner's report really can save the country or not. ^^
MorningGloryJul 28, 2010 10:32 AM
Jul 28, 2010 10:17 AM

Jan 2009
Cenedess said:
sayami said:
Those were my initial thoughts as well, but now I'm like "Yeah, this is cool( ̄ー ̄)"
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 28, 2010 5:14 PM

Oct 2007
Well the tittle actually did give me a bad impression at the beginning, so did the first episode. But after 4 episodes long I actually prefer this tittle and it fits the story really well.

P.S. I personally don't see why would people complain about this show being less appeal and compare to the mainstream one such as HOTD. I mean if you like the show then just frickin watch it and if you want to tell your friend about it then just do it. What is the point of crying here? On the other hand, being a mainstream show means only less room for discussion anyway.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 30, 2010 8:36 AM

Jun 2009
No need for further discussion.

~I cracked up at Ryner's beef biscuit I think - the hard food lol
~So it was within 2years he started his journey (episode 1)

Now the real story begins
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 2, 2010 1:19 PM

Sep 2009
Ryner is such a nice guy :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Aug 8, 2010 11:34 AM

Mar 2008
Good episode.. cleared up things again.
"Real" journey will start from next episode..

the anime is getting better and better, i like it~ ^_^
Aug 12, 2010 1:56 AM

Jun 2008
Am surprised his not blind by reading all that in such a dark room.
The guard was a nice guy. He got like with that.
His research seem like full of bullshit though. Use the relics as a big threat to stop wars? So basically "WE have big atomic bombs and can kill all of you so shut up and to what we tell you" Yeah piece!!!
No wonder Shion wants them. His gonna become like a world king with them.

The blond is clearly a tsundere and certainly not very modest about her looks. Quite entertaining although her bad comments about others can get tiring if they are non stop.
Her brother creeps the shit out of me. Is like he is the one basically ruling. If i was the king i would look for ways to get rid of him. What king wants a guy behind his shoulder threating him with death if what he does is not to his liking or finds him boring?

In the end we arrived to the part of the first episode. Those first episode explosions where over exaggerated. Are we gonna have such things from now on? Hope not. That looked like mini nuclear bombs.
MonadAug 12, 2010 2:06 AM
Aug 18, 2010 11:12 PM

Feb 2010
OrochiPL said:
Not bad. Seems like it's gonna be better than i expected after all.

Agreed. Very impressed and relieved... I am glad such a solid show is airing. I also have no idea what to expect...

also.... YAY Bishounen :)
Aug 21, 2010 12:27 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That last frame was quite cheesy. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 23, 2010 4:43 AM

Jun 2008
Best of the season _EASILY_ for me.
Aug 29, 2010 9:12 PM
Dec 2009
the story is quite clear to me now, nice ep.
Aug 30, 2010 11:33 PM

Jan 2010
Nice Episode.this anime is getting better and better.
Sep 11, 2010 5:09 PM

Aug 2009
seems like the only one disliking this episode as a total is me..
i had every intention of liking it, i tried but i couldn't.
i don't like that blond chick at all. and i hate the comedic element in this. it's so damn generic that it makes me puke. the art sometimes is a joke.. especially those eyesore of costumes.
it did have some nice serious moments that i liked so much, but they weren't enough to change my mind about it.
a lot of people say that most people hate it without trying to watch this. well here's one that is trying to watch it but just can't take it seriously..
pitty cause it does have a couple of different elements to offer sometimes.Like episode 3... it was sooo different from what i had expected that i was nicely shocked. first half of this one was equally nice, but then it got generic and from the preview of the next episode i don't see much difference in that...
i might try one or two more episodes but if this keeps up it's a certain drop. can't say i didn't try..

PS: wtf does he look so OK after 2 years of prison?! Like... doesn't he feel weird of his surroundings? seeing the sun.. no even light again? he acts too indifferent :S
JusticeUndoneSep 11, 2010 5:15 PM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Sep 15, 2010 3:07 PM

Jul 2010
So the last 2 episodes were actually "flashbacks" from how a "hero" became a king and how Ryner and Ferris met?.. I kinda start to dislike Ferris, idk maybe just that she's actually nothing special but they've put her on the same level as Ryner.. or it's just that I dislike cold/looking down on others sorta characters :P
I like the show, JusticeUndone, he has light in his cell... the candles and the window, you saw it right? there was a -kinda small- window with kinda blue glass in it.. :P Hope that this anime will become more popular, it would be a shame if not more people are gonna watch it :D
Sep 18, 2010 5:10 PM

Aug 2009
Maybe I was exaggerating... but still I found his reaction a bit odd. I do like his character though. He's the best character in this show, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't even bother watching... i'll try watch more maybe, when i have some more time to kill...
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Sep 30, 2010 4:20 PM

Feb 2010
I agrre with not liking the comedy too much and also Ferris is very probably not gonna be my favorite character, but it wasn't enough to make me feel really annoyed. I just hope they don't focus too much on the comedy for the rest of the series.

Ryner did succeed in making me appreciate my afternoon naps for though, that's for sure :P
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 10, 2011 5:24 AM

Jul 2009
Ideal prisoner - jailer relationship? Don't think there are many like that, so they're quite good.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 18, 2011 2:43 PM

Apr 2010
Inarius said:
So looks like Ryner is finally out of prison, and well on his journey to gather all the treasures.

Btw, has anybody noticed that he looked a lot like how Hei looked in the second season of darker than black after he got out of prison?

so I guess now we know how he got dubbed the sexual predator XD

Yeahhh I noticed that. It quitte suprised me ina good way remiding me of Hei. Aniway...the episode was great...I'm looking forward to the next one allready... It get's a 5/5 from me
Sep 12, 2012 2:18 PM

Jun 2012
Boring episode, it needs moar action.

That nigga needs to make his eyes go that scary red again
Nov 9, 2012 8:08 PM

Sep 2011
And the journey to save Ferris' dumplings has now begun.
Dec 20, 2012 12:41 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah the comedy does not really mix with the thematical theme and seriousness of the show. But i did like how the story shown Ryners past in this kind of way, because at the begging of the series, we were totally lost, so these flash back episodes kind of cleared things up to the present time now.

Jul 24, 2013 6:52 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, he was there for a while. Seems like he enjoyed it and I feel bad for the warden; they were like best buds.

So...Sion is actually sending them on a quest for relics that may or may not exist? There's no way that's what he is REALLY planning.
May 17, 2014 6:57 PM

Jan 2014
Wow, this episode was really good! Ryner is starting to grow on me, and his long hair didn't hurt ;) I think I'm going to enjoy this anime :D
Aug 9, 2015 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
I swear this Ferris girl single-handedly ruins everything good about this anime.
Oct 19, 2015 11:29 PM

Jul 2012
The characters all seem to have mental problems....
Dec 10, 2015 10:06 PM

Jul 2015
Amazing. I can't believe this doesn't have as much attention as it deserves. 10/10
Dec 14, 2015 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
Set on a ridiculous mission, let's see what happens.
Mar 4, 2020 12:37 PM

Nov 2016
Getting better with each episode and I like that (with exception of episode 1) there has always been some major development. Also became a fan of Ryner.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Dec 16, 2010

314 by Enjyu »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:00 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Nov 4, 2010

104 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2010

100 by DKDiabloLicht »»
Aug 18, 2021 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.