Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 25, 2010 4:43 AM

Nov 2008
bskbob said:
less action but still a good ova

Explain yourself?

Jul 25, 2010 6:56 AM

May 2010
That was good OVA! Ideal prelude to Gemini season. :D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jul 25, 2010 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
I enjoyed the OVAs. My fav one is the first one, where Hei and Yin are in the hotel <3
Now I want to watch the season 2 again.
Jul 25, 2010 8:39 AM

Jul 2010
Kanade-chan said:
zimno said:
 ▼ ▌   ▊     ▲  ▋◥▍   ▍        ▌  ▉    █    ▊ ▼
 ▌ ▊   ▊      ▋  ▊  ▌   ▌   ▲  ▐◣   ▉    █    ▋ ▌
  ◢▉   ▋     ◢▌  ▊ ▲▋  ◥▋  ▍▋  ▌ ◥◣  ▊    ▉ ▲ ▐◣◥◣
  ▌▊   ▋     ▐▂▄▋ ▲▃▊   ▋ ▐▃▌ ▐▄▂▲ ▋     ▊  ▊ ▋
 ▍ ▐!  ▋ ◢   ▌ ▐◢▀    ▉  ▐◣ ▌▐ ▍    ◥▋     ▋   ▋ ▌
    ▌  ▋ ▍   ▐▂▄▃▃▃▄▂ ▼  ▌◥▌▲▲▃▃▄▂▌     ▌  ▲ ▍
    ▐◣ ▊ ▌  ▐◣ ▋▆▓▍ ▼  ◥◣ ▍ ▼ ▋▆▓▍ ▌   ▼  ◢◤▐◤
     ▍ ▉ ▋   ▐◣▲▃▲◤     ◥▎ ◥◣▲▃▲◢▌   ◢◤  ◢◤
    ▌ ▍ █ ▊ ◥◣ ▼                 ▼  ◢◤   ▼  5/5
    ▲◢▌ ▼ ▼ ▐◣▲       ◢▍        ▲◢▋    ▋
      ▋ ◢▊   ▲  ◢▀◣          ◢▀◣  ▲ ▌ ▐◣▌
      ▼ ▋ ▍  ▓▃ ▐ ▐◣ ◥▃▂ ▂▃◤ ◢▌ ▌ ▃▓  ▋ ▋
         ▐◤   ▓ ▓▅▌ ▌         ▌ ▐▅▓ ▓ ▊▼
         ▲◢◤▌▓ ▓ █  ▌        ▌ █ ▓ ▓◤
            ◥▓  ▓ ▉ ▐◣▂    ▂◢▋ ▊ ▓  ▓
            ▓   ▓ ▌ ▉ █▆▅▆█ █  ▋▓!  ▓
            ◥▓  ▓█ ◢◤ ◥████◤ ◥◣ █▓  ▓
           ▂▓▆██  ▂▅◤◥███◤◥▅▂  ██▆▓▂
       ▃▅▇██████!   ▂▃███▃▂    ██████▇▅▃
     ▂▅██████████     ▂██▂     ██████████▅▂
lol funny yin

copy&past that txt to notepad

not funny
Jul 25, 2010 9:10 AM
Sep 2009
Yin looks so hot in that outfit...

Great OVA, explained a lot of things that happened in Gemini.
Jul 25, 2010 9:25 AM

Jan 2010
KingDeadKira said:
bskbob said:
less action but still a good ova

Explain yourself?
I'd like to know that as well. If anything, I think the OVA had more action...
Jul 25, 2010 12:27 PM

May 2010
Ok so now Ive watched the ovas, as well as seasons one and two.

Sorry If Im being super stupid here but could someone please explain to me what exactly dolls are?

Were they (like contractors) originally humans that changed after the gate appeared? or are they things that were created by humans? or did they just appear? I really really really would love to know as its the one part of the whole series that I dont get and has now been knawing away at me for years...

That and will the detective who clearly has a bk201 obsession have more of a role in series 3? she was barely there for gemini!
Jul 25, 2010 1:08 PM
Jul 2010
bongo said:
Ok so now Ive watched the ovas, as well as seasons one and two.

Sorry If Im being super stupid here but could someone please explain to me what exactly dolls are?

Were they (like contractors) originally humans that changed after the gate appeared? or are they things that were created by humans? or did they just appear? I really really really would love to know as its the one part of the whole series that I dont get and has now been knawing away at me for years...

That and will the detective who clearly has a bk201 obsession have more of a role in series 3? she was barely there for gemini!

Dolls, like contractors, were once normal humans. However after the appearance of the gate,at some point in their lives , they transferred to Dolls, and this is also the case with contractors. Its still unkown what actually triggers the tranformation/awakening of both Dolls and Contractor.

Now for what dolls are: Dolls are emotionless meduims, in other words entities with no will of their own. Every Doll have access to spirit inside it called an observation spector(the blue shade things) which they can control and manipulate across distances to survey or watch any area they want however there is a limitation for how they can use them; Observation spectors can only travel through certain meduims or objects (like water, concrete,ground etc) with each Doll having generally a unique meduim through which it sends his/her spector. For example, Yins meduim is water, she can send her Observation spector by getting in contact with water ti any place that have water.

Dolls show no emotion or ability to reason on their own, but needs orders to be able to do any activity; however through the course of the series, some Dolls like Yin, evolve and begin to show a will of their own and also emotions (Both are clearly shown in the first episode of the Gaiden OVAs). Dolls that have shown emotions and will so far in the series, thus undergoing evolution are Yin and July, and possibly the boy that assisted Yin's kidnappers in the first episode of gaiden (it is implied when he almost ripped his shirt, possibly as a reaction to seeing Yin hugged by Hei, making him saddened on how he is treated).

Lastly, it is said in the third episode of Gaiden as a quote from madam Orielle that Contractors are humans who failed to become Dolls(its unkown why this happend), which possibly imply a specail relation, other than the one about the appearance of the gate, between Contractors and Dolls.

I tried to sum up everything I remember about Dolls lol, hope you find it helpful. And by the way, since your already talking about season 3, I just wanna say its not confirmed yet, or maybe there will be a prequal but not a new sequal so we dont really know Misaki's(aka the detective whose obssessed with BK-201) role in the future.
Jul 25, 2010 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome episode.
I would love to see more..too bad it ends here..for now.
Jul 25, 2010 2:39 PM

Apr 2009
Masnoon said:
zimno said:
 ▼ ▌   ▊     ▲  ▋◥▍   ▍        ▌  ▉    █    ▊ ▼
 ▌ ▊   ▊      ▋  ▊  ▌   ▌   ▲  ▐◣   ▉    █    ▋ ▌
  ◢▉   ▋     ◢▌  ▊ ▲▋  ◥▋  ▍▋  ▌ ◥◣  ▊    ▉ ▲ ▐◣◥◣
  ▌▊   ▋     ▐▂▄▋ ▲▃▊   ▋ ▐▃▌ ▐▄▂▲ ▋     ▊  ▊ ▋
 ▍ ▐!  ▋ ◢   ▌ ▐◢▀    ▉  ▐◣ ▌▐ ▍    ◥▋     ▋   ▋ ▌
    ▌  ▋ ▍   ▐▂▄▃▃▃▄▂ ▼  ▌◥▌▲▲▃▃▄▂▌     ▌  ▲ ▍
    ▐◣ ▊ ▌  ▐◣ ▋▆▓▍ ▼  ◥◣ ▍ ▼ ▋▆▓▍ ▌   ▼  ◢◤▐◤
     ▍ ▉ ▋   ▐◣▲▃▲◤     ◥▎ ◥◣▲▃▲◢▌   ◢◤  ◢◤
    ▌ ▍ █ ▊ ◥◣ ▼                 ▼  ◢◤   ▼  5/5
    ▲◢▌ ▼ ▼ ▐◣▲       ◢▍        ▲◢▋    ▋
      ▋ ◢▊   ▲  ◢▀◣          ◢▀◣  ▲ ▌ ▐◣▌
      ▼ ▋ ▍  ▓▃ ▐ ▐◣ ◥▃▂ ▂▃◤ ◢▌ ▌ ▃▓  ▋ ▋
         ▐◤   ▓ ▓▅▌ ▌         ▌ ▐▅▓ ▓ ▊▼
         ▲◢◤▌▓ ▓ █  ▌        ▌ █ ▓ ▓◤
            ◥▓  ▓ ▉ ▐◣▂    ▂◢▋ ▊ ▓  ▓
            ▓   ▓ ▌ ▉ █▆▅▆█ █  ▋▓!  ▓
            ◥▓  ▓█ ◢◤ ◥████◤ ◥◣ █▓  ▓
           ▂▓▆██  ▂▅◤◥███◤◥▅▂  ██▆▓▂
       ▃▅▇██████!   ▂▃███▃▂    ██████▇▅▃
     ▂▅██████████     ▂██▂     ██████████▅▂

Holy shit.

/thread

Holy shit o.o
/my brain
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 25, 2010 7:21 PM

Jan 2008
If they've shown the OVAs before the second season I think I would have liked the second season more...at least I would know why Hei is being a drunk hobo.

and Yin confesses her feelings !__! yay but sad..
Jul 25, 2010 8:43 PM
Nov 2009
Did anyone catch the fact that the flower eating guy did some nasty things with Yin while she was unconscious?

RAPE?
Jul 25, 2010 8:55 PM
Sep 2008
This OVA's were by far better than season 2. If there is a plan for season 3 I will like to see more action like the OVA. Also don't take Hei's powers away by the 3rd episode and more than 12 episodes. This is a great anime and I hope they won't mess it up on season 3. So far is a 10 in my list.
Jul 26, 2010 2:44 AM
Jul 2010
did anyone else get confused with the yin and shion talk? can someone plz explain this??? and claude's little story about his past was kind of sad, i felt bad for him. when did claude ever do nasty things to her while she was unconscious?? i dont think that's true. So is the only reason why hei partners up with madame o is because he thinks he can find yin with her help???
Jul 26, 2010 2:54 AM

Mar 2010
YinxHei

pair status: 100% confirmed.... AND NO KISS!! FFFUUU xDDD
Jul 26, 2010 3:33 AM

Nov 2009
EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW

well, not quite everything. But lots. :D
Jul 27, 2010 4:25 AM

Jul 2008
I loved this OVA overall, great action scenes and Hei and Yin's relationship got some development. I really didn't feel for Hei's quest to find Yin in season two because I didn't really see them romantically... now I do. It was also nice having a reason for Hei's hobo appearance since it was a such a jarring change from season one.

BEGINNER
Jul 27, 2010 10:51 AM

May 2007
And thus Hei became a drunktard.
Oh, how I love happy endings.

Jul 27, 2010 4:31 PM

May 2009
werr-y said:
Best part of the episode:

"She is still alive, you know."
*looks up*
My thoughts precisely. I'm so tempted to rate this higher for that scene alone.

Ryuusei also had the most awesome ending scene with Hei carrying Yin away... *.*
Jul 28, 2010 8:46 AM

Apr 2009
werr-y said:
Best part of the episode:

"She is still alive, you know."
*looks up*

-cue the music- x3
I knooow.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 29, 2010 1:07 AM

Jul 2008
and thus started the beginning of the end, yin captured and hei as an alcoholic
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 29, 2010 1:16 AM
Jul 2008
This was the best episode of the 4.
Jul 29, 2010 3:47 AM
Dec 2009
It was Indeed great~
9/10
Jul 30, 2010 7:55 AM

Mar 2008
Ahhh man...

*Cries*

NOOOO YIN......Confess and then die?! Whaaa... :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2010 3:47 PM

Nov 2009
I was wondering why Hei became an alcoholic in the beginning of Season 2... QUESTION HAS BEEN ANWSERED!
Jul 31, 2010 1:27 PM
Dec 2007
This OVA series was kinda disapointing and not really needed as the two seasons already completed each other pretty well. Of course the last 5 minutes or so were great and were like the missing link to the introduction of Ryuusei no Gemini, but overall, those four episodes didn't really convince me of anything except that the second season was more interesting character-wise than the first (and the direction and action were better too).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 1, 2010 2:49 AM

Jan 2009
That's a damn manly ability. Blowing boubles~ : D
The martial artist dude was pretty cool though xD

Well. I must say, I am terribly satisfied with this, even though there could've been more Hei×Yin. (And I know I've said this before but.. Unlike the second season, this was goood.)

Also, ain't that a strange bomb? Ruins the landscape but leaves the people there unscathed.

Enter, Heibo!

And now, even more than after the second season, I demand a third season. (Though I can't really see how it's possible to end it all happily anymore ^^; Unless whatever Yin was talking to inside herself actually does grant her wish after the end of the second season.)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 1, 2010 5:44 AM

Mar 2010
Oh god it was so sad when she tried to force Hei to kill her.. and then Hei says he doesn't want to loose anymore dear to him :l
And then Hei and Yin don't see each other again, so that's why Hei begins to drink? ;o..

Hmm it seems like some people didn't think this ova was that good or something?.. I really don't understand that, for me this ova was one of the best things in this anime. I liked it alot, now I really wanna know what happend after season 2...
Aug 1, 2010 9:47 AM

Jan 2010
KazeFalcon said:
Finally she said that she liked Hei!
But too bad Hei didn't answer >.<
Well,at least Hei said he didn't want to lose anymore people who are important to him ^-^

i think it'a the same :)) she know he likes her too.. i mean,just look what he became afterwords bcs of her <3

i would sooo like 3 season.. :(
yin x hei 4ever :))
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Aug 1, 2010 3:48 PM

Sep 2007
What an awesome, amazing, great, epic 4 episodes! I just can say good things about this OVA, I've really really really enjoyed it ^o^
9/10

Aug 1, 2010 5:05 PM

Aug 2009
This episode is just friggin great.
The scenery is soo epic and I mostly felt bad for Hei and Yin.
Forbidden love can be such a bitch.
Aug 2, 2010 3:24 PM

Aug 2009
Loved the fight scene, style reminded me of the kid in the animatrix. Half hobo Hei looked pretty hot =3 Awesome music, great art 10/10

Season 3 please ^^
Aug 2, 2010 3:44 PM

Jun 2009
10/10 !!!

cute Yin x Hei scenes and awesome action! loved it! felt so sad that it ended. i might watch season 2 again.

and yes the part where she says : 'she's still alive'
and hei looks up was a masterpiece way to end the ep!

omg i loved it.....

i dont think a season 3 will be good unless they can maintain the mysterious aura+awesome action+heiXyin cuteness without destroying it...which will be very hard.

i think the ending is fine.....dont want them to go ahead, make a crappy s3 and ruin the whole DTB name

Aug 3, 2010 8:54 PM

Mar 2009
One question: why didn't they air this after season one, instead of jumping right into season two? Gemini would've actually made sense. In retrospect, it was a strange decision.

The Gaiden had everything I loved about the first season. Badass Hei(and look, he actually had his powers! weird concept, that), touching Yin x Hei scenes, and amazing fights. Of course, stripper lady also helped. =)

Better than S2 in every possible way. 8/10
Aug 4, 2010 1:34 AM

Aug 2009
Still not exactly a fan of Hei x Yin, and I'm still kinda confused about the whole Izanami/Izanagi/Mitaka documents business, but the action was pretty cool, and I think I understand a little bit more of the plot.

Shmeh. :/
Ha-cha!
Aug 6, 2010 1:05 AM

Oct 2009
Dam fell in love with DTB again man the fights were epic just like season 1 or more so...ooo Yin was so cute >:3, became HeixYin fan through this OVA :D.

ME WANT SEQUEL,PREQUEL,SPIN-OFF i don't know, WHATEVER! :( Come on BONES you can do it!
Aug 7, 2010 3:10 AM
Jul 2008
At least this explains why Yin wasn't with Hei during the 2nd season...
Why couldn't this be the 2nd season and make the other 2nd season an OVA. I enjoyed this way more than the 2nd season! I wouldn't mind having Yin as the main character for the 2nd season.
Aug 7, 2010 6:37 PM

Jun 2007
That was enjoyable. Didn't really answer much that we didn't already know from the second season but it was still good to get clarification.

One thing I'm still wondering about is how they mentioned Yin's awakening was similar to the Gates and how she'll cause the stars to fall and descend before a new gate. From the second season we already know Yin's other self brings the contractors to a new world. Does that mean the other two gates that we knew about from the first season did the same thing? One (hells gate) brought the contractors to the earth and another (heavens gate) took some away? It would explain why when Hei's sister died and gave him her power, he saw so many stars disappear despite them only killing a few hundred within the vicinity of the gate before the heavens gate activated and ultimately disappeared.
Aug 8, 2010 8:33 PM

May 2010
llamaben said:
The only thing that was good in the OVA was the link between the stories, but everything else failed in comparison to season 1 and 2. S2 > S1 > OVA.

I personally liked the OVA, I gave it the same rating as both of the series, they were so close together. I agree though, S2 > S1 > OVA.
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 9, 2010 3:14 AM

Jul 2008
After this episode I finally understand Series 2. That was the main success of these OVAs.

SERIES 3 NAO!!!!!!!!!
Aug 9, 2010 1:25 PM
Aug 2010
Here's my take on the end of season 2 (in light of the OVA's) with regards to Hei and Yin (don't read if you hate SPOILERS!!)

1.) Yin's alter/supra ego is Izanami

2.) Shion's alter/supra ego is Izanagi

3.) Izanami, mythologically speaking, is like the god/being of destruction. As we have seen, all Izanami pretty much does is kill or cause chaos (many bodies in her wake)

4.) Izanagi, mythologically speaking, is like the god/being of creation. As we have seen, Shion is able to create copies of people as well as a new earth (!!!)

5.) The two must meld together and become one again (for some greater purpose/fulfillment of prophesy. Maybe they were whole at one point in time and the appearance of The Gate was a result of the sundering of the two halves (this has been a huge theme in literature and film i.e. The Dark Crystal).

6.) Hei has always said, regardless of the prophesy and other some such, that his goal was to kill Izanami...he never said he was going to kill Yin. He wants to destroy that which separated him from Yin. When he says that he's going to kill her, HER is in quotes ("her").

7.) As Izanami draws Izanagi's and July's souls to her, Yin extends herself as a last ditch effort and appears and appeals to Hei to kill her because it's not too late. Though she was not able to keep the awakening from happening like she did initially, she manages to send herself out one last time to Hei

8.) Misaki sees Hei's star shine exponentially brighter in the night sky than ever before. His powers and that of his sister have returned in full force (and then some) and he has taken the meteor shard (either still in pieces from when Izanami broke Shuou's pendant or it formed into a whole piece again after the fact like it did in season one when amber had broken it into pieces but it went back to being whole) to destroy Izunami via Yin's last ditch attempt to save this crazy world.

9.) Hei changes Izanami on a molecular level via Yin’s projection thus preventing the Iza/Iza binding.

10.) Soon after, we hear that another Gate has appeared (the twins call it out) because the actual completion of Izanami and Izanagi was prevented by Hei and Yin.

11.) Thus resulting in the boy we see in the fields. He looks like a boy version of Yin. He is now the new yet incomplete Izanami incarnate signified by the arrival of a new Gate as Yin proper has split from that entity completely and there is no consciousness to hold anything back now. So this kid wakes up and just starts consuming as soon as his eyes open.

12.) During the molecular change, as noted above, Yin and Izanami disconnected as beings totally. Yin was never a shell that remained in that box though that’s what everyone thought. Izanami had just seemingly taken over her wholesale and their entities were tightly intertwined but Yin boldly asserted herself at the last moment to Hei. Once the disconnect occurred, the remnants of Yin returned to her body.

13.) Yin's wish is to be with Hei (she has said this a few times in the OVA's), not for Hei to kill her. In the end, she counted on Hei to know the right time and do what was needed so she didn't need to wish for that. Hei knew what he had to do so she didn't have to waste her wish. Her knowing smile and his knowing smile at the end complimented each other.

14.) Hei is seen carrying Yin’s naked body off. This is clearly the Yin from the box in the room, not Yin that showed herself to Hei moments before. Hei went back to the bldg after the change, disconnected Yin from the tubes and carried her off with him, at last alone together. At some point later, Yin regains consciousness and though it takes a long time, she slowly but surely returns to herself.

15.) Amber, who has seen and knows the future, knows the budding relationship between Hei and Yin (episode 16) so she entrusts Yin to watch over Hei. I doubt she would tell Yin this if Yin was going to die.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!!!!! They live and are happy together eventually!!!!! Waaaaah!!!
Aug 12, 2010 2:48 AM

Jun 2008
GarLogan78 said:
Well I watched God-Speed-Subs, which I thought were fine.

Even after watching Seasons 1, 2, and this OVA, I still don't understand so much of what happened.

That the biggest problem with Darker than BLack. They leave a tone of things unanswered.
For example no ever told us what this "awakening" of Yin is and why it's happening. What caused it?

Shit is happening and no one is explaining why.

I don't know what to think in the end. The OVA's had some nice action and characters, along with interesting plot but as usual they didn't really explain much.

If Darker than Black ever gets a new season they better start explaining shit because this is getting ridiculous. It's getting tiring watching things happening and not knowing what is all about. We need the big picture.
At least we got the reason the organization was first created.
Aug 21, 2010 10:32 PM

Jun 2008
tat was good. it answered quite a bit of things and really made me wanna watch season 2 again to refresh my memory
Aug 27, 2010 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
great ova indeed :D

i love the action here it's more intense than ever though i kinda wish season 2 was longer than season 1 seriously, i wanted to see more Hei vs that Magician Guy.

hopefully there will be a season 3 and they will use the same composer who did season 2 and ova :)
Aug 28, 2010 10:51 PM

Jun 2008
I enjoyed the OVAs they provided some answers as to what happened between S1 and S2.

I don't think it's impossible to say they won't do a third season, but I'd be shocked if they did, I personally think it's all over now.

Either way Darker than Black series was pretty good and gave us some great characters:

S1: 8/10
S2: 9/10
OVAs: 8/10
Sep 15, 2010 5:10 PM
Aug 2010
Is season 3 beyond the gate?

I can only hope.
Sep 18, 2010 4:16 AM

Aug 2010
Sinamon said:
Here's my take on the end of season 2 (in light of the OVA's) with regards to Hei and Yin (don't read if you hate SPOILERS!!)

1.) Yin's alter/supra ego is Izanami

2.) Shion's alter/supra ego is Izanagi

3.) Izanami, mythologically speaking, is like the god/being of destruction. As we have seen, all Izanami pretty much does is kill or cause chaos (many bodies in her wake)

4.) Izanagi, mythologically speaking, is like the god/being of creation. As we have seen, Shion is able to create copies of people as well as a new earth (!!!)

5.) The two must meld together and become one again (for some greater purpose/fulfillment of prophesy. Maybe they were whole at one point in time and the appearance of The Gate was a result of the sundering of the two halves (this has been a huge theme in literature and film i.e. The Dark Crystal).

6.) Hei has always said, regardless of the prophesy and other some such, that his goal was to kill Izanami...he never said he was going to kill Yin. He wants to destroy that which separated him from Yin. When he says that he's going to kill her, HER is in quotes ("her").

7.) As Izanami draws Izanagi's and July's souls to her, Yin extends herself as a last ditch effort and appears and appeals to Hei to kill her because it's not too late. Though she was not able to keep the awakening from happening like she did initially, she manages to send herself out one last time to Hei

8.) Misaki sees Hei's star shine exponentially brighter in the night sky than ever before. His powers and that of his sister have returned in full force (and then some) and he has taken the meteor shard (either still in pieces from when Izanami broke Shuou's pendant or it formed into a whole piece again after the fact like it did in season one when amber had broken it into pieces but it went back to being whole) to destroy Izunami via Yin's last ditch attempt to save this crazy world.

9.) Hei changes Izanami on a molecular level via Yin’s projection thus preventing the Iza/Iza binding.

10.) Soon after, we hear that another Gate has appeared (the twins call it out) because the actual completion of Izanami and Izanagi was prevented by Hei and Yin.

11.) Thus resulting in the boy we see in the fields. He looks like a boy version of Yin. He is now the new yet incomplete Izanami incarnate signified by the arrival of a new Gate as Yin proper has split from that entity completely and there is no consciousness to hold anything back now. So this kid wakes up and just starts consuming as soon as his eyes open.

12.) During the molecular change, as noted above, Yin and Izanami disconnected as beings totally. Yin was never a shell that remained in that box though that’s what everyone thought. Izanami had just seemingly taken over her wholesale and their entities were tightly intertwined but Yin boldly asserted herself at the last moment to Hei. Once the disconnect occurred, the remnants of Yin returned to her body.

13.) Yin's wish is to be with Hei (she has said this a few times in the OVA's), not for Hei to kill her. In the end, she counted on Hei to know the right time and do what was needed so she didn't need to wish for that. Hei knew what he had to do so she didn't have to waste her wish. Her knowing smile and his knowing smile at the end complimented each other.

14.) Hei is seen carrying Yin’s naked body off. This is clearly the Yin from the box in the room, not Yin that showed herself to Hei moments before. Hei went back to the bldg after the change, disconnected Yin from the tubes and carried her off with him, at last alone together. At some point later, Yin regains consciousness and though it takes a long time, she slowly but surely returns to herself.

15.) Amber, who has seen and knows the future, knows the budding relationship between Hei and Yin (episode 16) so she entrusts Yin to watch over Hei. I doubt she would tell Yin this if Yin was going to die.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!!!!! They live and are happy together eventually!!!!! Waaaaah!!!

Thank you so much for explaining this to me! I love this anime, but after the finale I was like wtf happened?

I hope there's a third season coming out and that Kirihara and Hei will get closer.

>>How many Dragonball Z characters does it take to change a lightbulb??
Ive got no idea, but it'd take at least 20 episodes!
Oct 26, 2010 3:55 AM

Oct 2010
The OVAs were great and explain why Hei felt so guilty about Yin, but still there are so many questions unanswered.

I would really like a S3, but I'm not sure I want Hei on it. I kinda feel bad for him at this point, he is always loosing someone or something terrible is happening to him. I rather watch a whole season about some kind of conspiracy theory and Kirihara trying to put things together (answerer wth are the gate)... unless they bring back Yin ^^
At this point I don't believe Shion was Izanagi. At the end of the OVA Yin says that Hie is going to tell her when she was ready to awaken(i guess?) and the things inside of her agrees to that. Also when Shion dies nothing happens( at the end of S2 Izanagi ,not Yin, tells Hei that "Is not to late" so i guess the awaking was not started by Shion), but when Hei does w.e he does to Yin the new Gate appears (with the kid) and things pretty much end.
huh?
Nov 10, 2010 6:11 AM

Oct 2010
Sinamon said:

I agree with your event explanation and find fascinating. So I do go towards like in the GIF

but the way I saw it in this episode is the gate had some sort of EMP and the plane fell.

Yin tried to kill herself but instead a tomhawk missile in all this blows up a nasty hole. Izanami wakes and Hei is all in this. Comes the beam cannon that Yin's awakening is stopped due to that cannon stopping the particles properly. What I don understand is if the being of gold inside of Yin is Izanagi not awakened or still Izanami stuck inside of Yin? It could Izanami stuck inside but that would explain happening upon the Hei contact.

Another is after what happens, at the end of all that Hei x Yin are humans on the new earth and live happily ever after having many kids. Because a)they are humans with no memories but feelings intact. b)Izanami cannot go another world? Even if she lives she will be stuck alone on that planet provided it never dies out. The end. Unless season 3 makes me wrong on this one. It was a blast seeing this last OVA!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 22, 2010 4:16 AM

Oct 2008
Oh, so that's how Hei got the fuzzy unattractive bum look in season 2.

But, Yin. :< Whyyyy do Hei and Yin have to be apart? :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

chocolaetmaelk - May 26, 2010

146 by YankataY »»
Feb 6, 7:25 AM

» Let me understand this?

Bard_Eren - Feb 5

4 by Bard_Eren »»
Feb 6, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 24, 2010

175 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Shiro-cat - Jan 26, 2010

226 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 6:29 AM

» Why is she emotionless

elChina - May 3, 2013

5 by EmperorThor »»
Jan 22, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.