MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 4 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden »» Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 4 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

187 73.62%
4 out of 5: Liked it

38 14.96%
3 out of 5: It was OK

22 8.66%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

4 1.57%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 1.18%
Voters: 254

07-24-10, 11:44 AM

GarLogan78 said:
Was the Yin in the black suit the evil killing part, and the Yin in the white suit the part that loved Hei and wanted to be killed before her awakening? Also, I don't really understand the awakening. Why Yin? And what does it mean anyway? Was she made to kill contractors or something? Why?
The black suit Yin is probably the evolved(more human like appearance) spectral ghost of Yin which is merging with the doll (real Yin) and this is what must be 'The awaking'. The rest of the questions must be answered with a season 3 which won't be anytime soon I guess.

rurisunshine said:
DId Yin actually say she loved hei???
Exact words "I like Hei. I don't want to forget you"

kerobear said:
Wow man. I don't know if its just me but im still with AMber X Hei >_<
(*・_・)ノ⌒*

I could listen to Yin's voice 24 hours...it's so beautiful.

It's weird not to watch DTB anymore because right after(not really though) season 2 ended the OVA started.
Modified by Valentiln, 07-24-10, 11:52 AM

07-24-10, 11:54 AM

I'm so glad this answered pretty much all the questions I had while watching Ryuusei no Gemini.

But...WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE OVER ALREADY? ;___;

It's directly on par with the first series in terms of enjoyment, story, and pretty much everything. Perfect 10/10.

07-24-10, 1:20 PM

There wasn't an announcement for season 3 because you guys jinxed it!!

Anyways, great episode. Literally the best DTB episode ever. even though they answered a few questions, there's still a bunch of questions left.

Darktrickster said:
ReaperEXE said:
Hmmm, a third season would be great, but a prequel season would be even better! Let's not forget that Hei was still the widely feared Black Reaper even before he became a contractor. Personally I hope they animate the Shikkoku no Hana manga. Knowing Bones they'll animate something, because cash cow.

for heaven's sake no. a prequl would be awesome, also a sequel, but the manga just strayed a bit away from the current story line. if u look to the series as a whole, it seems more like a side arc.

Can't argue with that. it wont be much appreciated but a prequel to the first season would be awesome. This way they could reveal the dark mysteries of hell's gate and Hei's past. I just hope they don't cancel their plans for S3 during the process.

07-24-10, 3:07 PM

Tayloroids said:
I'm so glad this answered pretty much all the questions I had while watching Ryuusei no Gemini.

But...WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE OVER ALREADY? ;___;

It's directly on par with the first series in terms of enjoyment, story, and pretty much everything. Perfect 10/10.

^this, but I gave it a 9/10 ^^

07-24-10, 3:24 PM

I like Yin. I like Hei.... but I don't like Yin X Hei... Dunno why, but it doesn't work for me....

Too much time passed between episodes in this OVA. It lacked momentum, especially since we already know what happens later on in S2.... I might have to rewatch all in order to rate this one...
It will get a 7 or 8 just for letting me watch Hei for half an hour, but I don't know what I think overall....

07-24-10, 3:28 PM

KingDeadKira said:
There wasn't an announcement for season 3 because you guys jinxed it!!

Anyways, great episode. Literally the best DTB episode ever. even though they answered a few questions, there's still a bunch of questions left.

Darktrickster said:
ReaperEXE said:
Hmmm, a third season would be great, but a prequel season would be even better! Let's not forget that Hei was still the widely feared Black Reaper even before he became a contractor. Personally I hope they animate the Shikkoku no Hana manga. Knowing Bones they'll animate something, because cash cow.

for heaven's sake no. a prequl would be awesome, also a sequel, but the manga just strayed a bit away from the current story line. if u look to the series as a whole, it seems more like a side arc.

Can't argue with that. it wont be much appreciated but a prequel to the first season would be awesome. This way they could reveal the dark mysteries of hell's gate and Hei's past. I just hope they don't cancel their plans for S3 during the process.

well we didnt rly jinx anythin, we were hoping for a proper season 3. i mean srsly if u read the manga dtb no hanna (w/e its called) ull know that its something far from the anime with a different author so it would be just pointless considering all the plot built so far in the series.

ow and one more thing, i dunno how ppl think but heres the thing: ppl keep talking about season 3 (which i rly hope to) while the director said that s2 is the end for dtb, so any ideas? ( i know i raised this point many time but nobody answered)
Modified by Darktrickster, 07-24-10, 3:36 PM

07-24-10, 4:56 PM

llamaben said:
The only thing that was good in the OVA was the link between the stories, but everything else failed in comparison to season 1 and 2. S2 > S1 > OVA.

How exactly did you find S2 > S1? Season 1 had way more fighting and great sub stories in it. To me I couldn't wrap my head around season 2 because it focused more on Suou and her brothers story rather than Hei and Yin. If they had just put more thought into S2 about Yin's evolution and awakening, there wouldn't have been a need for this OVA. That is the main thing that was lacking for me. That and how Hei's power was stripped away early on. Made me lose interest right then and there. The story itself was decent however it lacked a certain quality since it was half as long as season 1. I felt they could have done a lot more with it but didn't. One last note: Shion's power in season 2 was damn near amazing. But when I first saw Suou's power I thought wtf? Anyone else disappointed wit her power? Just seemed a bit weak to me.

07-24-10, 5:37 PM

@Zimno: great picture. :P

Best part of the episode:

"She is still alive, you know."
*looks up*

After watching this special now I feel like rewatching both seasons.

07-24-10, 6:20 PM

Well now that I finished this i'm gonna start watching DtB S3. :D

07-24-10, 6:50 PM

^I see, you live in your own little world.

07-24-10, 7:05 PM

This was a weak final to me. The last 5 minutes was really the best part of the whole thing, Hei hearing she is still alive and then Yin talking with some inner person. Didn't sound like Shion to me (as someone mentioned who it might be) but did give off that it was some male, so maybe it is him.

llamaben said:
The only thing that was good in the OVA was the link between the stories, but everything else failed in comparison to season 1 and 2. S2 > S1 > OVA.

Put S2 at the end and that's pretty much the order for me.

S1 and the OVA had more action than S2 did which pretty much focused on Suou who I was really a fan of anyway. OVA just helped connect the 2 seasons better but didn't really explain much of the unknowns.

Hope there is a S3 to follow.

07-24-10, 9:45 PM

KyleK said:
I hate it how every girl Hei develops a relationship with has to die.

Sigh yeah. He really is the black reaper..

07-24-10, 10:20 PM

Second season and the OVA are over. They left much more to be desired. The first season was far more interesting than the second season but I guess it was nice to see Hei again even though he wasn't as good as he was before.

07-24-10, 10:34 PM

Well that was an interesting way to end this OVA. It bridges the two seasons very well but still, there's a lot of questions unanswered. I'm still confused about the developments here but who isn't. This was a good run though. 8/10.

Only possible things that Bones can animate next is a season 3, a prequel to season 1, or the sequel of season 1, the manga DtB:Shikoku no Hana. Personally, I want a season 3 but a prequel isn't too bad. I don't think Shikoku no Hana would come out of the manga format and get animated though but this is Bones so anything is possible. Anyways, I'll try to rewatch the second season now.

07-25-10, 12:08 AM

kokuro said:
Second season and the OVA are over. They left much more to be desired. The first season was far more interesting than the second season but I guess it was nice to see Hei again even though he wasn't as good as he was before.

What, Hei was even MORE badass this time around, just check this out!

No escaping the Black Shinigami!

07-25-10, 12:25 AM

Hei was not badass in these 4 episodes-- he was gotten help in every fight that occurred in this arc
this arc was all about developing the romance for the hei x yin fans. i personally sought for more action than that, but you know some ppl still like this whole hei x yin thing. what a surprise.

07-25-10, 1:12 AM

lnn8v6 said:
Hei was not badass in these 4 episodes-- he was gotten help in every fight that occurred in this arc
this arc was all about developing the romance for the hei x yin fans. i personally sought for more action than that, but you know some ppl still like this whole hei x yin thing. what a surprise.

Every fight? even the opening sequence? where Hei takes out those scums within 30 seconds?
I admit that this arc was mostly about the development in Hei and Yin's relationship but you can't look past the action just because of that. Sure Hei looked weak but that was just an act of developing the plot. What would've happened if Hei just "zapped" all those enemies, the plot would've just ended up being nothing but mindless gore, with no plot whatsoever.
Modified by KingDeadKira, 07-25-10, 1:17 AM

07-25-10, 2:23 AM

Merciless said:
This was a weak final to me. The last 5 minutes was really the best part of the whole thing, Hei hearing she is still alive and then Yin talking with some inner person. Didn't sound like Shion to me (as someone mentioned who it might be) but did give off that it was some male, so maybe it is him.

llamaben said:

Put S2 at the end and that's pretty much the order for me.

S1 and the OVA had more action than S2 did which pretty much focused on Suou who I was really a fan of anyway. OVA just helped connect the 2 seasons better but didn't really explain much of the unknowns.

Hope there is a S3 to follow.

I think that the person Yin was talking to at the end of the OVA was the true Izanami within her. Izanami entered her when she was inside the gate back at the end of season 1. It was within Yin for the whole 4 ovas and when it wanted to completely awake at the end of the 4th OVA, I'm assuming Yin found some way to stop it from doing so: maybe her love to Hei prevented it. Then, we see them both talking within Yin's head, and Izanami asks Yin why it didn't let it awaken. Then the whole conversation with the Heit hing at the end, and it ends. That explains why we only see Yin & Izanami awakened at the end of season 2, when they know Hei is going to come, since Izanami promised Yin to only awaken when Hei was there. And Yin's wish is for Hei to kill her, I think.

This episode also explained why Hei lost his powers. Izanami tried to kill him, but just absorbed Pai's soul instead of his :D

Someone said that the director confirmed there would be no season 3. That's right, I saw the scanlation of the official interview myself. However, he said something along the lines of: "I don't want to say what happened to Hei and Yin at the end of S2. BK201 is still shining in the sky. But there won't be a season 3." The way I interpret it, there could perfectly be a prequel series.

It was great to see Hei and Yin again <3 I just hope they keep Hei the way he was. S2 Hei, with long hair and a shabby beard was a do not want for me.

Still wondering how Shion got his Izanagi powers and who the child at the end of S2 was...

07-25-10, 3:52 AM

less action but still a good ova

07-25-10, 4:13 AM

the ovas were so painful for me, because I watched season 2 before I got on to the ovas. Oh god I hope there is a season 3!!

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices