Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2010 9:09 AM
Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Waow, after watching this ep... There will be (100% sure) a sequel! WOOT
Jul 21, 2010 10:04 AM
Jul 2010
maji_saikou said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Waow, after watching this ep... There will be (100% sure) a sequel! WOOT

how can u be so sure? and by sequal u mean the sequal to the second season right?
Jul 21, 2010 10:11 AM
Apr 2010
Darktrickster
> u mean the sequal to the second season right?
yes
4Topicstarter
> There will be (100% sure) a sequel! WOOT
captain oblivious - login plz.
Jul 21, 2010 10:21 AM
Oct 2008
Ok wait, there wont be xD
*feels stupid*
I rememberd whats going on xD
*feels embarrased*
Forget what I said...

I wont edit my first post, cuz thats even more lame.. but ummm yeah xD
Darker than Black was GREAT =D
Jul 21, 2010 10:22 AM
Feb 2010
Ohh, why it had to come to an end... anyway, this was another awesome episode. Hopefully the subs will be out soon.
Jul 21, 2010 10:27 AM
Apr 2010
> Darker than Black was GREAT =D
darker in my favourites. :3
oh.. em..
> Darker than Black is GREAT =D
fix, ok?
> Ohh, why it had to come to an end...
Story only begins...~
Jul 21, 2010 11:10 AM
Jul 2010
so theres no hints to a season 3........

the author is rly.....
Jul 21, 2010 3:14 PM

Feb 2010
Jul 21, 2010 3:25 PM
Apr 2010
there is no dtb ova 4 subs.
Jul 21, 2010 6:08 PM
Sep 2009
subs soon or someone gonna get murdered...
Jul 21, 2010 7:34 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, this episode was pretty good. Music was great at certain parts of the episode, and the plot got much better. Tension between Yin and Hei was great to watch.

Hei x Yin ftw! and now, some screenshots.

And now, I need another season of this show. Where's my season 3??? D:
Kuro4735Jul 21, 2010 7:38 PM

Jul 22, 2010 12:54 AM
Jul 2010
Kuro4735 said:
Wow, this episode was pretty good. Music was great at certain parts of the episode, and the plot got much better. Tension between Yin and Hei was great to watch.

Hei x Yin ftw! and now, some screenshots.

And now, I need another season of this show. Where's my season 3??? D:

well ya i agree with u, however i rly wanna know wether there will be a third season or not. any ideas how to contact the author or bones?

and btw, yin smiling in the end was rly intersting.

and also about yin talking to an entity inside her, i dont think that this is the case; the entity seemed more like something to do with shion.
Jul 22, 2010 1:25 AM

Jul 2010
 ▼ ▌   ▊     ▲  ▋◥▍   ▍        ▌  ▉    █    ▊ ▼
 ▌ ▊   ▊      ▋  ▊  ▌   ▌   ▲  ▐◣   ▉    █    ▋ ▌
  ◢▉   ▋     ◢▌  ▊ ▲▋  ◥▋  ▍▋  ▌ ◥◣  ▊    ▉ ▲ ▐◣◥◣
  ▌▊   ▋     ▐▂▄▋ ▲▃▊   ▋ ▐▃▌ ▐▄▂▲ ▋     ▊  ▊ ▋
 ▍ ▐!  ▋ ◢   ▌ ▐◢▀    ▉  ▐◣ ▌▐ ▍    ◥▋     ▋   ▋ ▌
    ▌  ▋ ▍   ▐▂▄▃▃▃▄▂ ▼  ▌◥▌▲▲▃▃▄▂▌     ▌  ▲ ▍
    ▐◣ ▊ ▌  ▐◣ ▋▆▓▍ ▼  ◥◣ ▍ ▼ ▋▆▓▍ ▌   ▼  ◢◤▐◤
     ▍ ▉ ▋   ▐◣▲▃▲◤     ◥▎ ◥◣▲▃▲◢▌   ◢◤  ◢◤
    ▌ ▍ █ ▊ ◥◣ ▼                 ▼  ◢◤   ▼  5/5
    ▲◢▌ ▼ ▼ ▐◣▲       ◢▍        ▲◢▋    ▋
      ▋ ◢▊   ▲  ◢▀◣          ◢▀◣  ▲ ▌ ▐◣▌
      ▼ ▋ ▍  ▓▃ ▐ ▐◣ ◥▃▂ ▂▃◤ ◢▌ ▌ ▃▓  ▋ ▋
         ▐◤   ▓ ▓▅▌ ▌         ▌ ▐▅▓ ▓ ▊▼
         ▲◢◤▌▓ ▓ █  ▌        ▌ █ ▓ ▓◤
            ◥▓  ▓ ▉ ▐◣▂    ▂◢▋ ▊ ▓  ▓
            ▓   ▓ ▌ ▉ █▆▅▆█ █  ▋▓!  ▓
            ◥▓  ▓█ ◢◤ ◥████◤ ◥◣ █▓  ▓
           ▂▓▆██  ▂▅◤◥███◤◥▅▂  ██▆▓▂
       ▃▅▇██████!   ▂▃███▃▂    ██████▇▅▃
     ▂▅██████████     ▂██▂     ██████████▅▂
Jul 22, 2010 1:56 AM

Jun 2010
zimno said:

Holy shit.

/thread

Jul 22, 2010 2:04 AM

Apr 2009
Hmmm, a third season would be great, but a prequel season would be even better! Let's not forget that Hei was still the widely feared Black Reaper even before he became a contractor. Personally I hope they animate the Shikkoku no Hana manga. Knowing Bones they'll animate something, because cash cow.
Jul 22, 2010 2:27 AM
Jul 2010
ReaperEXE said:
Hmmm, a third season would be great, but a prequel season would be even better! Let's not forget that Hei was still the widely feared Black Reaper even before he became a contractor. Personally I hope they animate the Shikkoku no Hana manga. Knowing Bones they'll animate something, because cash cow.

for heaven's sake no. a prequl would be awesome, also a sequel, but the manga just strayed a bit away from the current story line. if u look to the series as a whole, it seems more like a side arc.

anyways, lets hope they give us a prequel or a sequel.....
Jul 22, 2010 5:33 AM

Dec 2007
zimno said:
lol funny yin

Many actions and a great episode ^^ So sad that the ova ended =/
Jul 22, 2010 5:50 AM
Jul 2010
well i just emailed bonesaboutseason 3, waiting for there reply now. anyways, guys if u hear any info about season 3 plz share
Jul 23, 2010 2:38 AM
Jul 2010
DId Yin actually say she loved hei???
Jul 23, 2010 2:43 AM
Jul 2010
rurisunshine said:

ya.....
Jul 23, 2010 2:47 AM
Feb 2010
rurisunshine said:

Not 100% sure, but i think she did. That was rather surprising.
I don't know what Hei answered, though.
Jul 23, 2010 7:41 AM

May 2009
Darktrickster said:
well i just emailed bonesaboutseason 3, waiting for there reply now. anyways, guys if u hear any info about season 3 plz share

You seriously think they will just tell you like this? They won't even answer you, since you propably wrote the email in english, and not japanese.

Btw:
http://bssubs.net/2010/07/dtb-ova-4-status/
Jul 23, 2010 9:27 AM
Jul 2010
viral_hun said:
Darktrickster said:

You seriously think they will just tell you like this? They won't even answer you, since you propably wrote the email in english, and not japanese.

Btw:
http://bssubs.net/2010/07/dtb-ova-4-status/

i know that, but this will show that there are ppl who are intersted in it outside japan, which is the purpose of writing it in english. but tbh, i was naive enough to have some hopes of them replying, maybe bcz i rly want one.... btw something else; if u read my other posts on the "any chance for a season 3" thread and opened the link to the article, i had been asking for the original poster of the link who actually found it about wat it means, he told me that he got it on 4chan and that it was translated on the website and on some IRC, and it also had a list of who will be working on it. so there is a rumor that there might be one. i tried to look for the scan on 4chan but that site is just one big heap of mess with no search function,google wasnt helpful as well....

anyways, i think we may here some more info in the next few days.......
Jul 23, 2010 11:20 PM
Jan 2009
darker than black ova 4 is subbed is out http://godspeedotaku.blogspot.com/

but i am waiting for bss enjoy guys
Jul 24, 2010 1:15 AM

Jul 2008
Well I watched God-Speed-Subs, which I thought were fine.

Even after watching Seasons 1, 2, and this OVA, I still don't understand so much of what happened.

Was the Yin in the black suit the evil killing part, and the Yin in the white suit the part that loved Hei and wanted to be killed before her awakening? Also, I don't really understand the awakening. Why Yin? And what does it mean anyway? Was she made to kill contractors or something? Why?

Anyways, great end to the OVAs, and I see how they tied it into Season 2. I would always welcome another season or OVA in the future!

9/10
Jul 24, 2010 2:51 AM

Jun 2009
rurisunshine said:

didn't you heard her? yes she said it.

Jul 24, 2010 2:59 AM

Jun 2009
Wow man. I don't know if its just me but im still with AMber X Hei >_<
Good episode i guess >< Dont' think there will be a third season IMO
Why DO THEY ALWAYS KILL MY FAV CHARACTERS
amber. then suou?
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 24, 2010 3:32 AM
Jun 2010
Literally, she said she liked Hei... I guess it could be interpreted as love.

Ah... I loved this series so much. I hope this isn't the last time we'll see Hei.
Jul 24, 2010 3:44 AM

Aug 2008
The only thing that was good in the OVA was the link between the stories, but everything else failed in comparison to season 1 and 2. S2 > S1 > OVA.
Jul 24, 2010 4:02 AM

Jan 2010
Finally she said that she liked Hei!
But too bad Hei didn't answer >.<
Well,at least Hei said he didn't want to lose anymore people who are important to him ^-^
Jul 24, 2010 4:18 AM

Sep 2009
Great fighting animation in this episode. I really enjoyed these 4 episodes. As a series though (Season 1+2+ova), it could use more background information. I just feel like there are still things that could be explained.
Jul 24, 2010 4:33 AM

Sep 2008
If I just saw that I hugged a guy like what Hei hugged, I think I would electrocute him the first chance I got too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2010 4:35 AM
Jun 2010
saxophone15 said:
Great fighting animation in this episode. I really enjoyed these 4 episodes. As a series though (Season 1+2+ova), it could use more background information. I just feel like there are still things that could be explained.

Yeah. When Hei is first sneaking up on the first French troop with his mask on and the music gradually gets louder... Epic.
Jul 24, 2010 5:43 AM

Oct 2007
Wow action packed opening 10 mins XD i really enjoyed the OVA but there has to be a season 3 >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2010 6:30 AM

May 2009
Loved the OVA and this episode in particular. Knowing what happened in season 2, this was probably as upbeat an ending as they could've done. Like everyone else has said, I hope we get more. Suffering from Hei and Yin withdrawal already...
Jul 24, 2010 7:04 AM

Dec 2008
NOT AT ALL satisfied with this ep!! BONES, you better give us a season 3...or else!!!!
Jul 24, 2010 7:49 AM

Nov 2009
Obvious open ending is obvious. If we wait long enough we will get another season i would expect.
The action was pretty good, i didn't understand that one guy's power was but he just flung walls around. It didn't really tell us anything new, but just closed the gap between seasons. Despite that i still liked the episode.
Jul 24, 2010 8:18 AM

Dec 2009
This episode was pure awesome , especially when Yin confessed to Hei <3 . Also, lots of things in season 2 are starting to make sense ..
NEED MORE DTB 8D !!!
Jul 24, 2010 8:37 AM
Jul 2010
helur said:
Obvious open ending is obvious. If we wait long enough we will get another season i would expect.
The action was pretty good, i didn't understand that one guy's power was but he just flung walls around. It didn't really tell us anything new, but just closed the gap between seasons. Despite that i still liked the episode.
i hope ur right about waiting so they give us a season 3, however i dunno if u read this but the director said that season 2 is the end of dtb so.... any ideas about wat would that mean?
Jul 24, 2010 11:11 AM
Jan 2010
I hate it how every girl Hei develops a relationship with has to die.

Sucks to be Hei in that aspect. Nevertheless, I watch DTB b/c of him-- the most badass character imo.
MonotonyJul 24, 2010 11:31 AM
Jul 24, 2010 11:44 AM

Sep 2009
GarLogan78 said:
Was the Yin in the black suit the evil killing part, and the Yin in the white suit the part that loved Hei and wanted to be killed before her awakening? Also, I don't really understand the awakening. Why Yin? And what does it mean anyway? Was she made to kill contractors or something? Why?
The black suit Yin is probably the evolved(more human like appearance) spectral ghost of Yin which is merging with the doll (real Yin) and this is what must be 'The awaking'. The rest of the questions must be answered with a season 3 which won't be anytime soon I guess.

rurisunshine said:
Exact words "I like Hei. I don't want to forget you"

kerobear said:
Wow man. I don't know if its just me but im still with AMber X Hei >_<
(*・_・)ノ⌒*

I could listen to Yin's voice 24 hours...it's so beautiful.

It's weird not to watch DTB anymore because right after(not really though) season 2 ended the OVA started.
ValentilnJul 24, 2010 11:52 AM
Jul 24, 2010 11:54 AM

Jan 2010
I'm so glad this answered pretty much all the questions I had while watching Ryuusei no Gemini.

But...WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE OVER ALREADY? ;___;

It's directly on par with the first series in terms of enjoyment, story, and pretty much everything. Perfect 10/10.
Jul 24, 2010 1:20 PM

Nov 2008
There wasn't an announcement for season 3 because you guys jinxed it!!

Anyways, great episode. Literally the best DTB episode ever. even though they answered a few questions, there's still a bunch of questions left.

Darktrickster said:
ReaperEXE said:

for heaven's sake no. a prequl would be awesome, also a sequel, but the manga just strayed a bit away from the current story line. if u look to the series as a whole, it seems more like a side arc.

Can't argue with that. it wont be much appreciated but a prequel to the first season would be awesome. This way they could reveal the dark mysteries of hell's gate and Hei's past. I just hope they don't cancel their plans for S3 during the process.

Jul 24, 2010 3:07 PM
Nov 2009
Tayloroids said:
I'm so glad this answered pretty much all the questions I had while watching Ryuusei no Gemini.

But...WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE OVER ALREADY? ;___;

It's directly on par with the first series in terms of enjoyment, story, and pretty much everything. Perfect 10/10.

^this, but I gave it a 9/10 ^^
Jul 24, 2010 3:24 PM

Dec 2009
I like Yin. I like Hei.... but I don't like Yin X Hei... Dunno why, but it doesn't work for me....

Too much time passed between episodes in this OVA. It lacked momentum, especially since we already know what happens later on in S2.... I might have to rewatch all in order to rate this one...
It will get a 7 or 8 just for letting me watch Hei for half an hour, but I don't know what I think overall....
Jul 24, 2010 3:28 PM
Jul 2010
KingDeadKira said:
There wasn't an announcement for season 3 because you guys jinxed it!!

Anyways, great episode. Literally the best DTB episode ever. even though they answered a few questions, there's still a bunch of questions left.

Darktrickster said:
ReaperEXE said:

Can't argue with that. it wont be much appreciated but a prequel to the first season would be awesome. This way they could reveal the dark mysteries of hell's gate and Hei's past. I just hope they don't cancel their plans for S3 during the process.

well we didnt rly jinx anythin, we were hoping for a proper season 3. i mean srsly if u read the manga dtb no hanna (w/e its called) ull know that its something far from the anime with a different author so it would be just pointless considering all the plot built so far in the series.

ow and one more thing, i dunno how ppl think but heres the thing: ppl keep talking about season 3 (which i rly hope to) while the director said that s2 is the end for dtb, so any ideas? ( i know i raised this point many time but nobody answered)
DarktricksterJul 24, 2010 3:36 PM
Jul 24, 2010 4:56 PM

Jan 2010
llamaben said:
The only thing that was good in the OVA was the link between the stories, but everything else failed in comparison to season 1 and 2. S2 > S1 > OVA.

How exactly did you find S2 > S1? Season 1 had way more fighting and great sub stories in it. To me I couldn't wrap my head around season 2 because it focused more on Suou and her brothers story rather than Hei and Yin. If they had just put more thought into S2 about Yin's evolution and awakening, there wouldn't have been a need for this OVA. That is the main thing that was lacking for me. That and how Hei's power was stripped away early on. Made me lose interest right then and there. The story itself was decent however it lacked a certain quality since it was half as long as season 1. I felt they could have done a lot more with it but didn't. One last note: Shion's power in season 2 was damn near amazing. But when I first saw Suou's power I thought wtf? Anyone else disappointed wit her power? Just seemed a bit weak to me.
Jul 24, 2010 5:37 PM

Jan 2010
@Zimno: great picture. :P

Best part of the episode:

"She is still alive, you know."
*looks up*

After watching this special now I feel like rewatching both seasons.
Jul 24, 2010 6:20 PM

Sep 2009
Well now that I finished this i'm gonna start watching DtB S3. :D

Jul 24, 2010 6:50 PM

Sep 2009
^I see, you live in your own little world.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

chocolaetmaelk - May 26, 2010

146 by YankataY »»
Feb 6, 7:25 AM

» Let me understand this?

Bard_Eren - Feb 5

4 by Bard_Eren »»
Feb 6, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 24, 2010

175 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Shiro-cat - Jan 26, 2010

226 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 6:29 AM

» Why is she emotionless

elChina - May 3, 2013

5 by EmperorThor »»
Jan 22, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.