Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2009 9:48 PM

Aug 2007
yeah, like everyone else i think it had a perfect ending. didn't care much for the random missions and was wondering why everyone loved this so much but the last 2 episodes totally made me believe that Cowboy Bebop was the real deal. From the tiger story with the last meal, to the fortune teller, to the one eye revelation, to faye's crying, and the "Bang" at the end were all so masterminded that it became a work of art. That was such a fantastic buildup that I wish every director/writer learned from this. He knew how to set it up. So much drama, emotions, and great dialogue really makes this series a classic.
Jul 1, 2009 10:18 PM

Feb 2009
What is there not to love?
Nothing.

Jul 16, 2009 5:39 PM

Jan 2009
;(Amazing show. The ending broke my heart a bit, but oh well great series.
10/10<3
I'd like tossing your salad.-"Yuru"/MMMKD
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM MOTHERFUCKER?-SophieWophie<3
Jul 16, 2009 6:30 PM

Sep 2008
This was definitely the most amazing anime I've seen, although I sort of agree with fudgy. The ending broke my heart a bit - but that only proves that the directors did a fantastic job. ;D Really pulled the audience in. Loved iiiit. Everything about this episode was <3

10/10, without question.
Jul 25, 2009 8:12 PM

Jun 2008
See you space cowboy...

Truly one of the best anime endings I have ever seen.

Cowboy Bebop to me was like watching a really good movie.
Truly anime of the highest caliber.

Jul 27, 2009 6:57 AM

Apr 2008
You're going to carry that weight...

Before this episode I was gonna give this series a 9. But this shit was just heavy...
I'd be lying to myself If I gave this anything less than a perfect score.

I can't belive It's over. Cowboy Bebop is realy over..... Shit.
Great Anime!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jul 30, 2009 4:37 PM

Oct 2008
Beatnik said:
And before anyone even tries it: NO, HE REALLY IS DEAD.

Everything from the character's behaviour, the direction, the theme of the show, the music, and even the lyrics indicates he is dead dead dead. Get over it.
Thank you. Mind if I repost that on my Youtube video showing the ending?
Jul 30, 2009 5:14 PM

Jan 2008
CinemaZebra said:
Beatnik said:
And before anyone even tries it: NO, HE REALLY IS DEAD.

Everything from the character's behaviour, the direction, the theme of the show, the music, and even the lyrics indicates he is dead dead dead. Get over it.
Thank you. Mind if I repost that on my Youtube video showing the ending?

Lol, go ahead. Post the lyrics of the end credits song too, just to ram it home further.

Everything is clearer now
Life is just a dream you know
That's never ending
I'm ascending
HINT HINT
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 2, 2009 4:01 PM

Jul 2009
And so the circle ends. Probably the best episode of Cowboy Bebop, and certainly on my top 5.
Sep 3, 2009 2:12 AM

Sep 2009
Breathtaking. I put off watching Bebop for so long and I didn't know what the fuss was about when it first came out. But as I watched the final moments of #26 ("Bang!") I found myself tearing up.

This show just has a way of getting to you.

I kinda disagree with those comments about how there were these random missions before the climatic last episodes. The way I see it, every episode worked in a subtle way to establish the story of Spike's past, even if only metaphorically. Remember "Toys in the Attic" and Spike's lesson for us in it? "Never leave things in the fridge"... because they basically eventually come back and haunt/kill you. Isn't that just what Spike's past did to him in the very end? For the longest time he put his past on hold but when he was finally forced to confront his ties to the syndicate, it costs him his life. Sad, but brilliant.
"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think think I know, I don't think I think." - Ed
Sep 4, 2009 3:44 PM
Dec 2008
Holy Fucking Shit
Sep 9, 2009 11:52 PM

Oct 2008
Damn, great series! And to think I wanted to drop the series because I didn't like the first episode xD
Spike's dead but that just fits the ending of a truly great series.
Sep 20, 2009 2:45 AM

Aug 2009
No matter what people say he's definitely dead. Did any one see his star fade out at the end?
Sep 30, 2009 1:26 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing ending! Though one thing bugs me... what happens to Faye?
Oct 2, 2009 12:16 AM

Sep 2009
one of the most beautiful animes ever made, and the last episode just topped it all off.
i loved the fact that Jet used to always tell Spike stories, and in the last episode Spike told Jet one instead. It made me so sad, when i realised that the cats he was talking about were him and Julia.
...and then the tabby met a beautiful white cat, and lived with her until she died. Then, finally, the tabby died too.
Oct 16, 2009 5:46 PM

Oct 2009
I know I'll get criticized for this, but I still feel like something is missing.

The ending was very explosive and emotional, and I loved every second of it, but it feels like they did everything in the shortest amount of time possible. By the end of the episode, I really had to think hard about all the stuff that just happened. It's a lot to take in. Not that that's a bad thing, but maybe they went a little too fast. They could have definitely made the Spike and Vicious fight a bit longer.

Anyway, I wanted more backstory. I'm curious to see how Jet and Spike first met, and all the dirt on the syndicate with Vicious and Spike fighting side by side. Basically, they told us a lot with this ending, but didn't explain much, and that bugs me.

Lastly, I would have preferred more closure. Like some people have mentioned in this thread, what happens to Faye? Maybe a final discussion with Jet and Faye would have been cool. And I really liked Ed and wanted to see both Ed and Ein in the finale, even if it was just for a minute to show them with Ed's dad.

But it's all just nitpicking. This two-part ending had me at the edge of my seat, and I loved it. For the anime as a whole, it was...hmm, interesting. It's the exception for episodic plots (for people who don't like them) and there were some very strong episodes in the bunch. But there were some noticeably weak ones too. The characters were top notch and I loved each one of them. For the whole thing, I'd say 8.6/10
-Celestial-Oct 16, 2009 5:53 PM
Oct 19, 2009 11:06 PM
Oct 2009
it would of been awsome if he decided to go with faye and jet and not go back to try to kill vicous that would of been an awsome ending.

they had to do the final hollywood showdown though.

he should of gave us the machine gun sound effects right before they cut to the credits just to shove it down are throats there ending.
Oct 20, 2009 4:56 AM

Jan 2008
Uh, isnt the Hollywood ending: happily ever after?

Why would Spike go with Faye and Jet? How would that make any sense at all? The dude's woman, his entire reason for existing, just got killed by his nemesis. He's not gonna act like nothing happened.

THINK MCFLY! THINK!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 20, 2009 5:51 PM
Oct 2009
Beatnik said:
Uh, isnt the Hollywood ending: happily ever after?

Why would Spike go with Faye and Jet? How would that make any sense at all? The dude's woman, his entire reason for existing, just got killed by his nemesis. He's not gonna act like nothing happened.

THINK MCFLY! THINK!

well by hollywood i meant the good guy usually trys to kill the bad guy. it would be non hollywood if he decided to stay with his friends in the bebop. julia had a chance to go with spike but she decided not to 3 years ago. she was killed, annie was killed, he should of just went with his real friends on the bebop let the pass be the pass as jet was saying
Oct 20, 2009 8:13 PM

Oct 2009
But if he did go back to the Bebop, he would just be running away form his past again, which would mean everything else would be pretty much pointless.

I agree on the Hollywood part of having the good guy always try to kill the bad guy, usually making it overdone.
Oct 20, 2009 8:14 PM

Apr 2007
Never seen a bluer sky...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2009 3:05 PM

Sep 2009
I have been told time and time again by the older anime watchers to get around to seeing this entire series. I was a bit worried that such a classic wouldn't have an effect on me simply because it wasn't in any kind of genre I normally enjoy. I can safely say now that I they were incredibly right and that I should've gotten around to seeing it sooner.

The entire show was just amazing. Not too long, not too short, plenty of character building to the point where you are emotionally attached to each one... I honestly don't have a single thing to complain about, and to have that affect on me deserves a 10/10 from me.

Breath-taking, original, and strong, Cowboy Bebop is a must watch, no matter what your tastes are or how old it gets. More than 10 years later and its still able to blow your mind. It certainly went out with a "Bang."
-
Oct 21, 2009 11:20 PM
Jun 2009
i feeled kind of empty but relieved,first i thought that the ending was fast but in fact it has a lot of action and drama,and i always thought the bang moment was cool,
this is one of the best endings of anime i have ever seen this and code geass r 2,
Oct 22, 2009 6:33 AM

May 2009
Julia dies, Spike dies, Faye comes back to a depleted "home". Such a sad ending yet so good. Amazing.
Oct 31, 2009 11:08 PM

Apr 2009
Ahh I cried..

What the fuck?!

NOOOO SPIKE!!

It's the only anime that made me go...wow at the end.
Nov 24, 2009 4:03 PM

Feb 2008
Bang ;______;

10/10

I need a tissue.
Dec 28, 2009 7:04 AM
May 2008
Wow, sort of a bitter sweet ending. Amazing series, 9/10. Only reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 would be for some of the pointless episodes.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 31, 2009 9:22 AM

Jun 2009
Epic ending for an epic anime.

Not much more to say... anime was great, and even those random episodes (like the one with a fridge) were awesome. 10/10
Jan 1, 2010 9:53 PM

Mar 2009
s88c said:
i feeled kind of empty but relieved,first i thought that the ending was fast but in fact it has a lot of action and drama,and i always thought the bang moment was cool,
this is one of the best endings of anime i have ever seen this and code geass r 2,

Agreed! Both endings were definitely worth watching.
Jan 3, 2010 2:13 PM

Sep 2009
wow... just wow.... it was epic....
i cried, the ending was amazing...
could not have been better...
but i ill surely miss him...

...Spike...
No sig :(
Jan 4, 2010 9:44 PM

Apr 2009
Well, it was pretty clear that Spike was going to die (They pretty much hinted at it - Spike's last farewell to Jet and Faye was pretty much the nail in his coffin), but still pretty tragic. It was a completely appropriate end, although I felt myself wishing for Spike to live despite the blatant "He's not coming back" vibe the show was giving off because I can't really imagine Jet and Faye doing the wacky stuff the initial crew did after such a big loss. In fact, it might have comforted me if they had shown something like Faye and Jet continuing their jobs as half-assed bounty hunters after the credits.

Regardless, this show was absolutely stunning. I despise giving shows 10, but I couldn't give it anything less than one, in all honesty. I expected to be somewhat bored but ended up being incredibly amused while being taken aback by the ridiculous score, while becoming engrossed in the story that Spike had to finish by himself. The best part was that they actually kept the details vague to the point where the listeners understood while keeping that awesome sense of mystery as to what his history was truly like, rather than devoting an episode or two to a boring flashback.
Jan 9, 2010 7:18 PM
Jan 10, 2010 5:41 PM
Jun 2009
Kotori said:
lame ending
no explanation?
just like that?
Jan 10, 2010 5:50 PM

Jul 2008
masaba said:
Nobody wants to discuss, but it was perfect. A masterpiece in every sense of the word, the greatest achievement in anime in this finale alone.
Jan 20, 2010 5:46 AM

Jan 2010
Perfect. Faye and Spike's last talk was absolutely amazing, so much emotion. 10/10
Jan 23, 2010 6:09 PM

Aug 2009
*cries*

I knew it was coming, but still so sad =(

Amazing series. It definitely lives up to all its hype.
Jan 31, 2010 11:49 PM

Apr 2009
Bang. See you Space Cowboy...
Mar 2, 2010 7:09 AM

Jun 2008
I saw this series when it first came out and numerous times since but after a few years hiatus I finally rewatched it (and armed with a stronger knowledge of the Japanese language) and every episode kept screaming at me this one, simple statement: Cowboy Bebop is the greatest anime ever made.

When I first saw this show I was devastated and lost when Spike died. And felt cheated of more closure. But now I see that that's the beauty of the show, it's not the past or the future that matters, only the present. And Spike didn't die in this episode. 「死にに行く訳じゃない。俺が本当に生きているかどうか、確かめに行くんだ。」 He'd been wandering around dead since the show started. He went to see Vicious to find out if he was truly alive.
Mar 8, 2010 3:55 PM

Jun 2009
Really good anime and with a good, strong, realistic ending. Still found it sad though. "Bang"
Mar 21, 2010 2:51 AM

May 2008
Kaizokuou said:
I saw this series when it first came out and numerous times since but after a few years hiatus I finally rewatched it (and armed with a stronger knowledge of the Japanese language) and every episode kept screaming at me this one, simple statement: Cowboy Bebop is the greatest anime ever made.

When I first saw this show I was devastated and lost when Spike died. And felt cheated of more closure. But now I see that that's the beauty of the show, it's not the past or the future that matters, only the present. And Spike didn't die in this episode. 「死にに行く訳じゃない。俺が本当に生きているかどうか、確かめに行くんだ。」 He'd been wandering around dead since the show started. He went to see Vicious to find out if he was truly alive.

Exactly what I had been trying to tell my cousin who is also a huge fan of the show, though you put it a lot better than I did. He pretty much said it himself in the very first episode:

Laughing Bull: The swimming bird will meet a woman. The bird will be hunted by this woman. And then...death.
Spike: One more time...
alarmedMar 21, 2010 2:54 AM
Mar 22, 2010 7:23 PM

Jan 2010
The ending had been spoiled for me (Thanks ED...) but I still loved it. I liked when he said how he wasn't going to die, he was going to see if he was truly alive.

I was already sad a few episodes back when Ed and Ein left but this even more...

But like everyone else said, it would have ruined the show if they had tried to make a happy ending especially with Faye. I love her but not with Spike. I think they make good friends though. :D
\
Apr 13, 2010 9:57 PM

Aug 2009
I feel sorry for Spike. But I think that he's the character that must die in the end. Another finale woudn't look such realistic and logical.
Apr 17, 2010 5:11 PM
Sep 2009
You know, I feel like there's a 97% chance he died... But I'm putting my faith in those three remaining percent, that someday the series will continue...

See you, Space Cowboy.

"Bang." :(
korisnik2007aApr 17, 2010 5:17 PM
May 4, 2010 12:28 PM

Feb 2010
very realistic but sad ending to a great anime =(

but i can't help thinking that Vicious could've got a bit more development (being the main antagonist and all) i couldn't help feeling that he was a bit of a boring character to lose one of my favourite character's to =(

Don't ignore the fading smile, oneday it could be yours
May 5, 2010 8:31 PM
May 2010
I just finished watching this series for the second time. I can't help but feel that it is either too short or some of the more unnecessary episodes could have been put to better use. In a couple of the flashbacks it shows Spike being rebuilt (6 million dollar man style). Is he a cyborg or something? That needed to be flushed out.
As some people have mentioned, there is too much crammed into the last two episodes. It could have easily been 3 or 4 episodes so it wouldn't feel too rushed. It would be great if after the credits there was a bit of an epilogue about what the other characters do after.
Overall a great series though! 9.5/10
May 12, 2010 1:58 AM

Jan 2009
For a second I almost forgot how epic this ending was. I guess I can't blame myself, it's been almost 8 years since I saw it for the first time.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
May 16, 2010 2:59 PM

Apr 2009
I...um...no, seriously, I have no words.
All this stuff I said about CB being overrated? I'm eating it, right now. All of it. With a spoon.
That stuff I said about maybe changing my mind after actually finishing it? I'm underlining it to prove that yes, I was in fact at least a little sane.

Brain overworked. Can say just

EPIC.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 29, 2010 4:42 PM

Jul 2008
Good anime, but I simply didn't enjoy it. I don't know why, I don't know how, I just didn't enjoy it. Cowboy Bebop is the type of series I love, but I just couldn't get into it. I really tried to like it, but I simply couldn't do it.
May 29, 2010 9:57 PM

Nov 2008
NO SPIKE!
May 31, 2010 2:43 AM

May 2010
Great battle to end it all. Loved the last word Spike says, "Bang!" In your face syndicate
Speed Kills, Strength Punishes.

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

samurai_tom - Jul 16, 2009

88 by Coletty »»
Yesterday, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

109 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 11:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

122 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 13, 2008

206 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FighterZ - May 7, 2008

141 by nikola_xh »»
Apr 13, 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.