Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2014 11:02 PM

Nov 2012
Cowboy Bebop

Characters 8
Story 7
Music 10
Artwork: 9
Raw enjoyment (AKA: Kneejerk Anime Rating): 8
Total Overall: 8.4/10

Overall Rating: 8/10

Overall, very enjoyable show. I’d definitely recommend it to people that haven’t watched it before. I won’t go so far as to say it was a masterpiece; I think really overall was very good with some great moments/aspects sprinkled in to make it worth the watch.

Full review in spoiler tag below. Completely subjective :P :

Nov 26, 2014 11:22 PM

Mar 2013
It was sad, but it was a happy kind of sad. Bittersweet ending...

"And the work which has become a genre unto itself shall be called: Cowboy Bebop"
Dec 1, 2014 11:03 PM

Jun 2013
A solid finale to end this series. Although the story and characters aren't fully explored, I'm really impressed anime can pulled out something like this; the direction is one of its kind and the soundtracks are amazing.
Dec 6, 2014 7:40 AM

Apr 2009
noooO~ spike~ :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2014 2:10 PM

Apr 2013

already knew what was going to happen. but here i am again... sobbing

cowboby bebop simply manages to perfectly pull of all kinds of genres and themes throughout the series which is what makes it such a damn good series. this is topped with a fantastic and loveable cast of characters and rounded of with an unbelievable soundtrack

not to mention kawamoto's fantastic character designs.

Dec 31, 2014 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
That was a great ending to a good show.

If only each individual episode throughout this series contained more plot-relevant information, the overall intrigue of Spike's backstory would have been less boggled down by almost half the episode count being "filler".
Jan 5, 2015 4:54 AM

Jan 2014
Wow. Such a great finale! Loved it <3
One of my favourite episodes ever! :)
Jan 6, 2015 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
Hello. I started this show on a whim during July 2013 and then put it on hold. Then I finished the rest during October 2014 to today.

It's good. It's a classic. Yup.

However.

My main issue is that some episodes are extremely boring and pointless while others are great. Another show I'd compare this to is Darker than Black. Similar action, genres, and direction. And another show I want Bebop to be similar to is Psycho Pass, where all of the episodic/fillerish episodes were near the beginning while the more intense and main story episodes came in later, which is what I wish this show had.

And some of the characters were just really unappealing (the bald guy and Ed). Faye grew on me, eventually but at first, I didn't really like her at all.

Btw, I watched the dubbed and the voices fit so perfectly. One of the best dubs I've watched.
Jan 7, 2015 8:04 PM

Nov 2013
"Spiegel is definitely dead"... C'mon, people, don't be so close-minded! The episode doesn't give us definite evidence whether Spiegel survived or died.
"His star faded after the end-credits"... we don't know if it was Spike's star. It could be anyone's star. (A lot of people just died at that moment.) It might very well have been Vicious' star.

I personally have decided that... Spike slowly wakes up on the couch at the Bebop, all bandaged up (it's not like it's a first). He then spots Faye who has fallen asleep on the chair. He slowly gets up, despite the agonizing pain throughout his body, and walks over to where Fay is sitting. Spike then bends over so close to Faye's face (word-play not intended) that she can feel his breath onto her lips. Thus causing her to wake up by the sights of Spike's eyes staring right into hers...

"I realize that all I need is one eye to see the future"

Then Jet, Ed and Ein enters the room and a loud reunion commences as the camera zooms out.

- The End -
Jan 7, 2015 8:14 PM

Sep 2010
If only that had happened would be cool but im still satisfied with how it ended :D

Jan 7, 2015 9:02 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah, I think Spike falling over is more like he just badly injured. I took it as an ambiguous ending.
Jan 8, 2015 2:56 AM

Nov 2013
Great to see I'm not alone. Spike has previously been injured worse in the show and still survived it. It's what we choose in our minds that decides the fate of the Bebob crew (although it would be interesting if they finally decided to make a sequel season that developed the characters and their relations).
Jan 21, 2015 6:44 PM
Jan 2014
From the start Spike had no intention of getting to social with the rest of the crew. Him having a happy ever after ending would ignore a lot of the conflict and inner struggle between him and the crew in the show. What would the point be if he had simply never confronted his rival it would have been a giant cliff hanger. I think this is the best ending possible "no ends uncut".
Jan 23, 2015 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
Greatest ending to the greatest anime to have been ever made.
Jan 23, 2015 8:00 PM

Oct 2013
Life is just a dream, you know
Jan 24, 2015 6:34 AM

Dec 2013
Fuck that ending killed me. I felt like I was shot over a dozen times.

Great build-up, and fantastic finish. But I still wish he lived. What's going to happen with Faye??? Oh well..This series was superb. 10/10

Thanks for the ride Cowboy Bebop. I will miss you for decades to come.

See you Space Cowboy.
Feb 8, 2015 5:18 PM

Jul 2014
The ending was perfect. The show was a masterpiece. And if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep.
Feb 10, 2015 7:36 PM

Dec 2014
Alright, so is Spike dead or not?

I've always personally liked the idea of him being dead. As in, I found it poetic and well told (I did not want Spike to die and it made me sob the first time I saw Bebop). After purchasing the Bluray last week and rewatching, I'm still firmly convinced that Spike is dead, and that it ties up the story better than him being alive.

It just seems to tie up what he says earlier in the episode: "I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to do it, Faye." IMO it ties that up very well, as just as soon as he finds out he's really alive he dies. It seems poetic, and it seems fitting that those would be his last words to Faye, who's been searching for what her meaning is over the course of the series.

If Spike is alive, what's happening to him now? With Spike being dead, we have closure of Spike's story in particular, and can then speculate on the rest of the crew. With Spike alive, we can only be left to assume that more adventures are being had (that we would then be missing out on, mind you).

To be clear, I'm not hating on the people who say he's alive. As someone who loves the character, I'd certainly be happy if he were alive. I just don't think it makes sense with the way the series was ended.

Thoughts?

You're gonna carry that weight.
Feb 19, 2015 8:49 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what an ending!

Have mixed feelings btw.

First off why the killed Julia so early!?! Just as when we're about to know more about their past, she passes away by a random gunman. I was hoping she would make and see Vicious vs Spike and maybe Vicious killing her with his hands.

I never knew Spike had a prosthetic eye, so that's why they were showing in the early episodes when he was being experimented on.

So Faye and Jet probably knew Spike would die if he continued, so that's why Faye tried to stopped him at all cost. She knew he may end up like her, where despite knowing the past, it's already too late and the damage was already done a long time ago. It's rare to see Faye cried like that.

Man i do give Spike the balls to go all guns and blazing by himself(with the help of Shin at the end). He went on badassery and assassinated everyone like they were nothing.

Man Shin got killed too, i know they're trying to make it where anything can happen and your life can be taken like that. Still Shin was awesome unlike his brother Lin.

The final battle battle between Vicious and Spike was good, but i was hoping it would be much longer than that. Guess they wanted to make it realistic where one move can end a life like that.

Spike even had a handicapped with his left eye already busted and wavering down.

And now their both dead. I actually thought Spike would take over the syndicate, but i guess the syndicate are no more now.

Poor Faye and Jet. I guess they're the only ones who know off the incident along with those remaining members.

I feel kinda mixed right now. One part i'm sad Spike died(never saw that coming tbh), the other part it was just too fast and it seem he really went his way to his grave.

Still i do praise it for having one of the badass endings of all time. It could have been good ending or sad ending, but they chose latter and made it sad as hell.

I do praise Yamadera, Kouichi for his excellent voice as Spike. He really fits this role perfectly and just as good of main character as her Major Kusanagi did ^^

Same as Ishizuka, Unshou and Hayashibara, Megumi as Jet and Faye respectively.

One thing i was kinda expecting was the return of Edward and Ein. I guess they're truly gone with his father and all.

And yes Spike is truly dead, not only the villager mentioned about Spike's star already fading away as time goes on, but his star also disappeared near the end so yeah he's pretty much gone. I do have to wonder why Jet was called Running Man? I guess all he did was run away from death multiple times like he did in the past?

Bang.. You're gonna carry that weight huh Spike?

The show had potential to become one of my top 5 Anime's of all time, but the showed only had few "Complex" episodes and mostly the middle consisted of "Stand Alone" bounty episodes. If they made the series dark and featured maybe 3-5 episodes of light hearted episodes, this would definitely become one of my favorites of all time. So i would give this a 9/10.

Love the character designs though, very unique and distinct.

I'll be watching the movie after this, but it seems a midquel which is fine by me.

So i'll try to watch that in the coming weeks.

Now after this, i'm thinking of watching Outlaw Star! Especially seeing the BD's and it look gorgeous and 10x better remaster than Cowboy Bebop did. Also the Funimation release was definitely disappointing. I have both the English and Japanese BD's and damn they screwed up a lot of scenes with the Funimation version. I do love the Amazon Exclusive Edition with the chip board box and artbook and all.

Good bye Spike. Shame you had to leave Faye and Jet behind. Just as when Faye realized where she belong, your no longer her.

See You Space Cowboy!
Mar 8, 2015 7:43 AM

Dec 2013
This was such a great ending. Cowboy Bebop was so entertaining to watch! I am sad that I finished it already.
Mar 12, 2015 7:37 AM

Dec 2013
Damn.. That was quite a lonely ending
Mar 14, 2015 3:38 PM
Nov 2014
Perfect ending to this classic!
Apr 16, 2015 9:34 AM

Sep 2009
Please don't hate me for this but I honestly don't love this series much. I don't hate it and it was fun at times but it spends less than a 4th of the series talking about anything relevant to the Spike plot line and in the end we still don't know what this was all even for.

So Spike wanted to leave the group with Julia but Vicious stopped her? If she didn't want to kill him why not run away with him like planned or at least run away on her own in the hopes they'd meet up? Also why kill Julia after killing the elders? It seems like there was no reason for it besides "he's a psychopath" and it just felt kind of empty.

Also whether or not Spike died what about everyone else? What happened to them? It's a fine series overall but I think it could have really benefitted from a little more focus and maybe replacing some of the random nonsense episodes where they chased lame bounties with ones focused on Spike and his past more.

Just to be clear I don't dislike the ending because Spike likely died. I dislike it because it left too much unanswered and vague.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2015 7:14 PM

Jun 2013
Well done, Spike. You went out with a "Bang!"

You're gonna carry that weight. 9/10
Jun 2, 2015 8:20 PM

Aug 2011
Wow...this is possibly the best anime that I've ever seen.
Jun 6, 2015 7:46 PM

Aug 2014
Just Another Cowboy who couldn't run away from his past.
Jun 10, 2015 12:30 AM

Feb 2013
Awesome ending. So that's where that screenshot where Spike holds his hand like his gun comes from. Nice to finally know the context. I guess he is dead. Vicious too.

Although I would say this is the best anime ever as many people say it is. I disagree entirely. Nonetheless it still very good. I am glad I saw this.

There's a lot of things I like and didn't like about this anime. That characters, music, action, and some of the comedy I liked. Some episodes really damn great! The ED "The Real Folk Blues" is amazing. I love that song.

But the stuff I didn't like was the lack of character for Vicious and Julia. We BARELY got to know them and appeared was too few many times. I didn't really care when Julia died because I don't really know her. I also didn't like that some episode just weren't as good as others. I also didn't really liek the episodic way this anime was. The best episode was when there was an actual plot.

"Bang."

See you space cowboy. You're gonna carry that weight.

Time for that movie.
Jul 1, 2015 12:37 AM

Oct 2013
Jul 2, 2015 6:15 AM

Aug 2014
I've just finished this anime.
Some episodes are weak and silly, some episdoes are pretty good, but mostly are decent and nothing spectacular. Main charachters are great, cool and any of them has something special.
Overall really good anime, but not masterpiece and this last episode isn't one of the best endings in anime (can't stand with ending in Haibane, EoE or Steins). Weak 7/10
Jul 4, 2015 6:03 AM

Oct 2014
Scribbly said:
This is a complete classic, I'd give it 10 out of 10 but unfortunately most of the middle episodes weren't up to the quality of the amazing ending. There should have been more story expansion and less comedy episodes, it pulls off serious better. Well that's my two cents.

This
Jul 20, 2015 10:30 PM

Jan 2015
Beautiful. Beautiful songs, beautiful animation, beautiful ending, just beautiful...

Bang...
Aug 11, 2015 7:01 PM

Jul 2014
The star fading at the end...
See you, Space Cowboy. Somewhere, someday.
Aug 11, 2015 7:04 PM

Jul 2014
Onodera-chan said:
I believe Spike actually died in the first episode (church shoot out before meeting up with Julia) and every other episode after was just a post life dream of his, including Jet, Faye, Ed, Ein and the others. This was slightly hinted through out the series.

wow. call me slow, but I didn't realize it until now. It makes sense...holy shit. "It's all...a dream." "Yeah...just a dream."
Sep 17, 2015 8:21 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Amazing solo fight scenes done by Spike. Great anime overall, but falls short of a 10/10.
Sep 22, 2015 2:46 AM

Apr 2015
Damn! that was some sad ending! Definitely one of the best Animes out there!
Oct 4, 2015 2:52 PM

Jan 2015
This series is something else. Second watch, and I felt like re-descovering the episodes, with all the small details I did not pay attention to the first time.
Lots of themes visited, lots of genres, different pacing, various atmospheres, this show has it all and is constantly exploring new things throughout the episodes.
The characters were another strong point of this. Even Faye grew out on me at the end.

I decided to hold my choice between giving this a 9 or 10 for after watching the finale again. Well screw this, 10 it is.
HapHazrDOct 4, 2015 2:57 PM
Oct 7, 2015 3:24 AM

Aug 2014
Great Anime , and nice ending , great music and OST , really a calssic anime
some episodes were not a good quality but most of them were
this episode could have been better if it had more emotions in it the only part where i got sad feels is in the last 2 minutes.
Spike for sure is the best character in cowboy bebop
8.5/10 from me , a must watch for any anime lover
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY
Oct 17, 2015 2:59 PM
Nov 2014
Bang, thanks for the journey and fun time Spike. I'm just going to go out now....to carry that weight.
Oct 22, 2015 4:45 PM

Oct 2011
Truly amazing series. Old but Gold.
I really love how they portrait Julia death, it's both beautiful and sad kind of mix feeling. And then the way Spike act after her death.
I pick Cowboy Beboop in 2011 (the year i start watch anime) but i drop it instantly, cause it's not my cup of a tea, back then i still hot for action shounen shit. lol silly me.
Nov 15, 2015 3:02 AM

Dec 2013
Overall very nice ending. OST was great.

Decent show. Some filler were hits and misses but I still enjoyed the ride.
Nov 17, 2015 4:57 PM
Aug 2013

I was so sad those last few minutes and I waited for the end so I can cry, and then this happened and it kinda finished me. And I am a big fan of The Beatles so yep, it helped.

The thing is that I watched it long ago, and I postponed those last two episodes cause I didn't want it to end, and with Ed gone, nothing made sense (I took it personally cause I really loved Ed and Ein and I got sad), so I finally got courage to watch it a month ago, just so I can be sure when I say that this is a masterpiece, and God, was I right.
Dec 4, 2015 9:36 PM

Nov 2015
-Celestial- said:
I know I know i'll get criticized for this, but I still feel like something is missing. (...)

Anyway, I wanted more backstory. I'm curious to see how Jet and Spike first met, and all the dirt on the syndicate with Vicious and Spike fighting side by side. Basically, they told us a lot with this ending, but didn't explain much, and that bugs me.

Lastly, I would have preferred more closure. Like some people have mentioned in this thread, what happens to Faye? Maybe a final discussion with Jet and Faye would have been cool. And I really liked Ed and wanted to see both Ed and Ein in the finale, even if it was just for a minute to show them with Ed's dad.

This could be good ... if it wasn't cowboy bebop

The show always missed this sense of ''deepness'' for the characters and even the plot , this is intensional ; even the visuals enhance that . Bebop tells a story focused on events in the best slice of life way . For this , closure is not necessary . Life is just a dream after all
ButhumuDec 4, 2015 9:40 PM
Dec 21, 2015 9:50 AM

Sep 2010
Fun series, but I thought I was going to get more of a story than episodic episodes. This was more like a serious version of Space Dandy which was also a good show.

8/10 I thought from how everyone was always praising this I would give it a 10, but nope.

Since the ending is pretty much ambiguous I'm going to go the angst route and say he is dead. Cause mmmmm angst. I really loved the final ending theme it matched the final moments perfectly.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 24, 2015 4:37 AM

Jan 2014
Roloko said:
8/10 I thought from how everyone was always praising this I would give it a 10, but nope.

Give it a few years, you'll appreciate it more.

I gave it an 8/10 as well, and I have no real intention of adjusting that score, but it HAS become one of the anime that I always remember and stays with me. Score doesn't say everything in my case.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 30, 2015 6:20 PM
Jun 2013
Stellar ending. Another highlight of this anime...and anime as a whole tbh. The song at the end into the credits gave me chills. It gave me feels I didn't even know I had for this anime.
Jan 1, 2016 6:51 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Fantastic episode. Spike is a complete badass and his fight with Vicious was top-notch. Spike's dead ;_;
BANG!

5/5
Jan 1, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Fantastic episode. Spike is a complete badass and his fight with Vicious was top-notch. Spike's dead ;_;
BANG!

5/5
*maybe* dead, because not even Watanabe knows.
Jan 12, 2016 10:29 PM

Jan 2013
Saving the best episode for last.
8/10 as a whole.
Jan 15, 2016 12:22 AM

Nov 2015
This was great. Easily 9-9.5/10 for me. The only reason I don't rate it 10 is because I felt some of the middle episodes weren't up to par, but I digress.

This is one of the best finales I've ever seen in any story, in any medium. It fits so perfectly.

Great show.

"Bang"

So long, space cowboy :'(
Jan 29, 2016 5:16 PM

Jul 2010
I thought the first half of this show was quite dull & boring tbh, didn't like most of the episodes but the second part got much better especially these last few eps with the background story, devloping the characters etc. I can see why this is a classic in some peoples eyes even though I think it's quite overrated it's still a good show, 7.5/10.
TenthJan 29, 2016 5:27 PM
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HaiAlwaysHungry - Oct 29, 2008

116 by RioFS »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

RoadLord - Oct 24, 2007

143 by Anurag469 »»
Apr 23, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

samurai_tom - Jul 16, 2009

88 by Coletty »»
Apr 15, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

109 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 11:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

122 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 10:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.