Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2010 7:31 PM
May 2010
Hm...everyone here is raving about this ending and saying it's perfect so I feel really wrong for saying this but...it didn't quite do it for me.

Don't get me wrong, I thought these last two episodes were very engaging, and well written and animated stuff. But it kind of felt off. The anime started off with a mix of dark elements and light-hearted moments. As the series progressed, I noticed it getting more and more light-hearted, particularly with the addition of Ed. Even in "sad" episodes like episode 24, there was still light-hearted moments somewhere. These last two episodes were action-packed stuff centered on Spike settling his past. It just felt...out of place. We were alluded to this stuff several times in the series but were only really exposed to anything in episodes 1 (very beginning), 5 & Jupiter Jazz if I remember right. To have so many stand alone pieces of almost comedy and then two last story driven, intense episodes felt out of place. (not to mention it's ending's impact was lessened by me being exposed to a few too many spoilers on the internet)

Then again, this ending does kind of suit a different aspect of Cowboy Bebop and that was how it seems to switch genres randomly and emulate different works. (ex: Toys in the Attic like Alien)

Then again then again, maybe I was just in the wrong mood for finishing the series today, who knows.
TidesofChaosAug 14, 2010 7:52 PM
Aug 18, 2010 7:49 PM
Dec 2009
Nicely done spike. Die as a man!. Damn this anime kick ass. For me Spike will always be alive.
See ya, Space cowboy.
Sep 12, 2010 5:21 AM

Aug 2010
Bang. Enough said.

Sep 14, 2010 5:08 PM

Dec 2009
A beautiful ending to an amazing anime, it went out in style! ^_^
Sep 18, 2010 6:55 PM

May 2010
Beatnik said:
And before anyone even tries it: NO, HE REALLY IS DEAD.

Everything from the character's behaviour, the direction, the theme of the show, the music, and even the lyrics indicates he is dead dead dead. Get over it.

That and the fact that he was surrounded by enemies...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 14, 2010 9:26 AM

Jun 2009
TidesofChaos said:
Hm...everyone here is raving about this ending and saying it's perfect so I feel really wrong for saying this but...it didn't quite do it for me.
(...)
To have so many stand alone pieces of almost comedy and then two last story driven, intense episodes felt out of place.
(...)
Then again, this ending does kind of suit a different aspect of Cowboy Bebop and that was how it seems to switch genres randomly and emulate different works. (ex: Toys in the Attic like Alien)

I totally agree. There was a sort of a discord between the whole series and the ending, although it might've been created on purpose. But even if that's the case, this particular change of mood/convention/whatever didn't come to my liking.

But maybe it's just me wanting too much for Spike to stay alive and live happily ever after... ;)

Oct 14, 2010 9:29 AM

Jun 2009
"TidesofChaos" said:

(...)
To have so many stand alone pieces of almost comedy and then two last story driven, intense episodes felt out of place.

(...)

I totally agree. There was a sort of a discord between the whole series and the ending, although it might've been created on purpose. But even if that's the case, this particular change of mood/convention/whatever didn't come to my liking.

But maybe it's just me wanting too much for Spike to stay alive and live happily ever after... ;)

Oct 14, 2010 9:29 AM

Jun 2009
"TidesofChaos" said:

(...)

(...)

Nov 13, 2010 8:47 AM

Oct 2009
Dam even though Spikes death was the proper way to end it, i would have loved it if he survived with the rest of Bebop. I feel so bad for Faye :( and Ed/Ein never came back either D'X<

But seriously this whole ep was overflowing with great emotions and spectacular fights though the fight was rather short.

Julia just appeared out of nowhere and just died just like that x_x

But all in all a great classic 10/10
Now need to watch the movie and get the OST :D
Hoping to re-watch in a couple of months :)))
Nov 14, 2010 10:09 AM

Aug 2010
QysteiN said:
Nicely done spike. Die as a man!. Damn this anime kick ass. For me Spike will always be alive.
See ya, Space cowboy.
Same with me. Spike lives on!

When i saw that star dissapear all current thought just vanished. It's too great of a series. Each episode was nicely done.

I would have loved it if they showed what happens to the rest of the crew of the bebop.
Nov 15, 2010 12:48 AM
May 2010
This anime is pretty overrated, but it's still good. I think it's stupid they had so many comedic episodes which weren't necessary, and then rushed the only part that really mattered. (Don't get me wrong- I really liked a lot of those episodes.)

But seriously, can you say you cared when Julia died?
And who were Lin and Shin? Who was that man who got killed by Vicious in one of the first episodes?
What about Vicious himself? They certainly didn't give us much on him and Spike in their days in the Red Dragon.

I thought they would relate all of this, into one breathtaking backstory... but it didn't deliver for me.
...I guess I'm just asking why they didn't take some of the unnecessary episodes out and give it to us.
Nov 16, 2010 11:01 PM
Jun 2009
Iisan-kun said:
This anime is pretty overrated, but it's still good. I think it's stupid they had so many comedic episodes which weren't necessary, and then rushed the only part that really mattered. (Don't get me wrong- I really liked a lot of those episodes.)

And who were Lin and Shin? Who was that man who got killed by Vicious in one of the first episodes?
What about Vicious himself? They certainly didn't give us much on him and Spike in their days in the Red Dragon.

I thought they would relate all of this, into one breathtaking backstory... but it didn't deliver for me.
...I guess I'm just asking why they didn't take some of the unnecessary episodes out and give it to us.
maybe it was planned at first but with the whole cancellation thingy maybe something got lost in the way,yet its still amazingi think bebop never had a straight on objective,the only objective was to become a genre maybe,and i think it succeeded at that
Nov 19, 2010 2:24 AM

Oct 2008
Iisan-kun said:

Sinnichiro Watanabe said that he saw every Bebop episode as a film, thats why every episode has an other feeling and it works quite well as one serie.

To answer your questions
''Lin and Shin both worked as bodyguard for Vicious?''

They are twin brothers One of them died in the Jupiter Jazz episodes and another in the last episode.

''Who was that man who got killed by Vicious in one of the first episodes?''
Mao Yenrai clan boss of the Red Dragon Syndicate Vicious and Spike Spiegel worked for him in the past.

''What about Vicious himself? They certainly didn't give us much on him and Spike in their days in the Red Dragon.''

Have you ever watched the episodes very good it was explained in again the Jupiter Jazz episodes thats enough to tell how Vicious Behaving split from Spike and the ethics from the Red Dragon Syndicate.
Nov 19, 2010 10:15 PM
May 2010
^

Yes, I reasoned most of that out, but...
I was simply saying we did not get any information really tying them all together, or giving them a face inside the organization. They were all mismatched pieces, thrown together in a pot of assumption in which we got no actual development.

I mean, what? A thirty second flash-back of Spike and Vicious fighting back-to-back? Do you expect me to really care about them? Do you expect me to care about their pasts?

Some may like that, but from my expectations for this series... just no.
Extremely disappointing.
Dec 19, 2010 11:10 PM
Apr 2010
Raises his hand and Wispers "bang" to a bunch of dudes with guns. Badass way to go
Dec 28, 2010 2:49 PM
Oct 2009
The last 3 episodes were simply amazing :D ... but I kinda feel like in the end a lot of people died... to quickly :(
I think Spike actually wanted to die, so I think the ending isnt really a bad ending.
Dec 29, 2010 4:56 PM

Oct 2009
The ending is sad, but one of the best. The last song is great. Spike's character = evergreen.

Bang.
Jan 5, 2011 3:16 AM
Dec 2010
This one goes to 11.
Jan 22, 2011 10:51 PM

Feb 2010
Grim0013 said:
This one goes to 11.

^^ This.
Jan 26, 2011 7:26 AM

May 2010
Metty said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NOO!!! SPIKE, DON'T LEAVE ME, YOUR TO YOUNG TO DIE!!!

I know. He's only 27, but I always thought he was somewhere around 17. Sorry, I couldn't vote. I hate that episode because of the twisty ending. I hate Vol. 6 period. Too many tragedies. Big Shot's cancelation, Ed's getaway, Shin dying and now Spike? NO!!!!!!!!!!
Boo: "Boo!"
Feb 7, 2011 4:37 PM
Nov 2010
I just finished this overrated piece of garbage, yet I can't seem to give it a score lower than 7/10 because of the comedy and great animation.

I didn't really care that Spike died, really.
SuperSaiyenFeb 21, 2011 6:32 PM
Feb 15, 2011 1:29 AM

Oct 2008
:(

Overall, a good series.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 27, 2011 9:23 PM
Sep 2010
This last episode was well done. I had seen Death Note before this and so when Spike said 'bang" I automatically thought about L.

The fight seen between Vicious and Spike was awesome and well done and I was not to suprised about Spike's death. He had sometimes asked during his missions if he was every going to come back, so I figured that it would happened.

I hadn't like the series at first, but now it has grown on me and is a classic. This was a pretty good and interesting series. Just wished that the Dog and Ed could have came back too.
Uploader53
Mar 1, 2011 12:42 AM

Feb 2011
damn.. this and code geass r2 ending always get me. 10/10
Mar 16, 2011 6:15 AM

Sep 2009
Now this is what I call a real ending.
Mar 20, 2011 3:16 AM

Oct 2010
I've had to have seen this series a couple dozen times, but the last two episodes always get me. Everything about them is perfect.
Mar 30, 2011 1:19 AM
Jan 2010
Bang!
I know Spike Spiegel probably will lose a lot of blood. But I don't think that he is really dead although his death which would make this anime look much more perfect..
Great ending.. I love this anime..
Apr 22, 2011 3:48 PM
Feb 2011
Call me a coward but I feel better thinking that Spike lived and joined Faye and Jet (after they pick up Ein and Edward) to live happily ever after! :) I think what's more important to consider than whether Spike died or not is to consider how his death (or not) was shown. It was beautiful.

Amazing series and a definite classic. Anyone who watches anime MUST watch this. Bebop's adventures were just awesome <3
Apr 22, 2011 4:09 PM

Jan 2008
Hatcha said:
Need to watch the movie asap now :p

Yes. Yes you do.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
May 10, 2011 2:32 PM

Sep 2009
Beautiful.

Goodbye, Space Cowboy.
May 13, 2011 6:14 PM

Sep 2009
I've got a lot of things to say, but like what makes this show so entertaining, I'll keep it short. Classy to the end, Cowboy Bebop. 9/10
May 23, 2011 11:36 PM

Oct 2009
Spike didn't die, he's the person driving the cart at the end!!

Lol but seriously, bang. ;_;

I would have liked to see some shots of the crew after all is said and done, like an epilogue or something...but maybe it's best that they didn't include it. I've noticed that in some emotional moments (Faye finding the video of her past and tearing up, Ed leaving, etc) they really don't spend a lot of time having the characters mope around, but cut it at the best point for the best impact. So I guess not having an epilogue is similar to that, and an epilogue would have been sorta cheesy anyways.

The part with Faye confronting Spike as he's about to leave, was just perfect. She was definitely my favorite of the series, a badass and sexy woman, but also has great development to her character.

Also I've got to say, the Cowboy Bebop dub was just perfect. Probably the best dub I've ever heard. This and the Samurai Champloo dub were top notch, I'll never be able to watch them in Japanese.

I can only hope that one day, maybe they'll animate some more adventures of the crew. ;_;
Jun 15, 2011 10:45 AM

Mar 2009
overrated trash
Jun 18, 2011 11:26 PM

Oct 2010
Bagonirix said:
overrated trash

Lol. Why do people bother to come in and post these things.
Jun 18, 2011 11:39 PM

Jun 2009
VyseLegend said:
Bagonirix said:
overrated trash

Lol. Why do people bother to come in and post these things.

To get a rise out of people? It's one thing to come into the discussion thread and actually come up with flaws and so on, but stuff like that is just trolling plain and simple.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 2, 2011 10:09 AM

Dec 2010
The most perfect ending episode of any anime ever. That's not opinion, that's fact.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Jul 31, 2011 10:14 AM

Jun 2008
Just finished it. Awesome ending. Couldn't ask for anything better. The great animes leave a mark on one's life, this is one of them.

Anything after this would have been a waste and lessen the series. As much as I would have like to know what happened to Faye and Jet, the fact they left them in that denile state was genius.

And yes, he's dead. If you didn't catch the ending, Spike's "red star" did go out like the shaman said it would.

Good-bye Cowboy.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 31, 2011 4:13 PM
Oct 2010
Ever wondered how it would be watching a TV-station that actually broadcasted in 12 languages simultaneously?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc4AU-kAbcs
Aug 4, 2011 1:50 AM

Sep 2010
I'm glad I rewatched this after a long time. Definitely really good.
Aug 9, 2011 11:41 PM

Nov 2009
damn im really pissed he died. i feel so bad for faye. even she didnt deserve that. and she was actually a good female lead!!!! how rare even in the 13 years after this was made! goddamn. i guess that was a decent end tho.

the show overall was kind of boring, and a let down from all of the speculation id been hearing on this site regarding it for so long. 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2011 12:35 PM
Aug 2011
What an ending.

Bang.
Aug 19, 2011 9:48 PM

Aug 2010
Masterpiece.
Nov 16, 2011 1:12 AM

Jul 2009
I cannot believe he really died..
Oh wells, such a nice anime. 9/10 Overall
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2011 1:21 AM

Feb 2009
This series made me a better human being.

I need to re-watch this.
VeethornNov 30, 2011 1:53 PM
Nov 22, 2011 1:55 PM
Jul 2011
This is one of the rare anime that got me depressed(actually fourth one). The first one was Gurren lagan.Yes, that one. Second was Chrono crusade, and third was Code geass R2. But this one realy got me depressed for the rest of the day. The ending didn't surprise, i knew that something like that will happen, but damn. :( Anyway its stil al very good anime.
Nov 30, 2011 1:52 PM

Feb 2009
Brilliance. Pure Brilliance.

Have you ever had a dream you didn't wanna wake up from? Or something you didn't wanna face, but had to?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight
Dec 5, 2011 5:25 PM

Mar 2009
This serie did not manage to make me cry a single time, however I was on the edge 2 times. I was also never properly hyped up with the feeling of epicness.

The ending was good, but sad. I prefer more fairy tale like animes with a happy ending. Anyway I wont put that into my my judge of the score.

I give this anime a 8/10. Because I enjoyed the show. Its truly a good show, tho my opinion its a bit over-rated.

I could easily recommend this anime to friends, but I would exclude it from "Hey buddy, you MUST see this anime" category.
Dec 24, 2011 9:56 AM

Dec 2011
Bang...

What a wonderful anime~ Very much enjoyed it!T-T
Dec 30, 2011 11:53 PM
Nov 2011
He died like a man. What more can you people ask for? Without that, the anime would've been running even up till now.
Jan 26, 2012 12:51 AM

Dec 2011
So sad. He died.
Well, an excellent ending after all.

I feel sorry for feya.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

RoadLord - Oct 24, 2007

143 by Anurag469 »»
Apr 23, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

samurai_tom - Jul 16, 2009

88 by Coletty »»
Apr 15, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

109 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 11:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

122 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 13, 2008

206 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.