Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
May 28, 2013 12:46 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
The more episodes I see, less and less do I like Takagi. Plus, I really hope Shido gets killed off pretty soon. He's a major asshole after he kicked that student who sprained his ankle in the face and left him for dead AND on the bus he forced his way into being the leader (even though it was a majority vote, I still really don't like him.) Is it just me, or is this storyline sluggishly moving along? Hopefully it starts picking up soon.

Jul 24, 2013 9:57 AM

Mar 2012
Only my anime list forums would complain that an anime doesn't have enough violence yet it has too much fanservice. It's like: "Damn it, I want people killing people in cold blood and gore, but i can't stand something as normal as a woman's body"
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Sep 23, 2013 4:10 PM

May 2013
How the hell is that guy a teacher and why r the rescued students so ungrateful to the main group who saved their asses
Mar 1, 2014 4:45 AM
May 2012
_DoctorWho_ said:
How the hell is that guy a teacher and why r the rescued students so ungrateful to the main group who saved their asses

Because they're fuckin' idiots!! The teacher is annoying as fuck too!!!

I am glad that Takashi is brave, he is cool.
Now they have some nice ride ahahaha.
Re-watching.
Apr 26, 2014 8:31 PM

Mar 2014
I do not believe that the chubby will stick to Takagi
May 22, 2014 9:17 AM

Jul 2013
That teacher is an asshole. Hopefully he'll die soon.
Jun 27, 2014 11:28 AM

Feb 2013
The teacher is kind of a dick, but honestly hes just being realistic. That kid who sprained his leg would have just slowed them down. In a ZA you really can't afford to carry around dead weight, more often then not they just end up getting others killed.
Aug 26, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2012
i wonder whats up with Rei, why dose she hates that teacher? i know he is an asshole, but only we who watch it have seen hes asshole side, did he rape her? or did he just hit on her with inappropriate way, like try'd to touche her, they better explain it later
Sep 14, 2014 6:11 PM

Sep 2013
Shape430 said:
The teacher is kind of a dick, but honestly hes just being realistic. That kid who sprained his leg would have just slowed them down. In a ZA you really can't afford to carry around dead weight, more often then not they just end up getting others killed.
It's not plausible to be realistic in an unrealistic situation. You cannot prove that that guy COULD NOT have possibly helped only because he had a sprained ankle.
Sep 16, 2014 3:45 AM

Oct 2013
that bus explosion
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 3, 2015 8:03 AM

May 2014
Amazing episode again! Why nobody punched that teacher. They saved him so why are they allowing him take the lead?

Somehow Rei seemed less selfish than she was in the first episode.
Apr 21, 2015 6:08 PM

Jun 2014
new characters appear!

+cliche: new character is a clumsy fuck and makes a loud sound thus attracting every zombie.
+cliche: other new characters used a pawns.

o look another batch of new characters that will probably be used as zombie bait later. and their heartless teacher lmao. left that guy to die because of a sprained ankle. aand he instantly usurps power as the self proclaimed leader.

enter: flaming zombies; about time.

+cliche: main characters get separated from group; unnecessary explosion.
Jun 22, 2015 10:32 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode!

That asshole teacher. I wonder why no one reacted when he just left that sprained kid to be eaten!?!

Rei doesn't seem to like him. He may try ti deceive the students in future episodes.

I love how when the bus blew up in flames when Rei and Takashi were on the other side of the road. It reminded me of Resident Evil 2 with Claire and Leaon bein saperated like that :D

The stupid brat should have been left off the bus. Be glad Takashi saved you punks. Lol i do agree the new students will probably be used as baits in future episodes.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 31, 2015 2:22 AM

Jan 2010
Did this show really need a character like that teacher? I like parts of this show where they're either fighting, surviving, or trying to figure out their course of action. In other words, the parts where they're not lollygagging, bickering, or getting distracted from the issue at hand: the zombies themselves. It seems like the show is trying to complicate things unnecessarily. I mean, were the flesh-eating monsters not a significant enough threat that it needed a human villain-like character on top of it? I understand he has significance to Rei's character, and it's amusing to see the students behind him clapping like trained monkeys, but...really?

Still, I'm surprised at Highschool of the Dead. It manages to combine so many things I dislike in anime, yet I'm still entertained to a degree.
Dec 7, 2015 9:41 AM

Jan 2012
lol why not kill the teacher from the beginning.

Mar 29, 2016 7:56 PM
Mar 2016
All in all, a pretty boring episode. The action was obsolete, the character development was pitiful and i saw no real significant development within the story's plot. One thing it did succeed in however, was its ability to clarify my speculations of it's reliance on sexual intent. Yes, fan service, when used appropriately can be amusing, but unfortunately High School of the Dead seems to believe that it's ubiquitous use of big watermelon tits, planted left right and center will alleviate the viewers rebuke induced by the shows dreadful story line. Sadly they concluded wrong. Very wrong.

Overall, a highly disappointing episode. Even so, i'll continue to watch with the hopes of action and gore playing a bigger part instead of it's current reliance on ephemeral fighting scenes. Also, dear God i hope they ax that teacher - do we really need a new antagonist when there's a whole torrent of zombies there to be used. Talk about over complicating things...
TomayaOakMar 29, 2016 8:07 PM
Apr 10, 2016 12:01 PM

Jun 2015
This shows seems to really lack consistency in terms of tone. The drama is quite inappropriate for a show all about blood and boobs such as this one.
May 9, 2016 1:52 PM

Jun 2013
No one noticed the copy of Resident Evil 2 game?
May 15, 2016 10:41 AM

Feb 2016
Another okay episode I guess.

But is it just me or did the flaming zombies have some rhythm? (The sound of the flames)

https://youtu.be/57jX023e430?t=18m57s

For some reason it sounded (briefly) like "We will rock you" to me. Kinda weirded me out lol.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jul 15, 2016 5:58 AM

Jan 2016
Well that was a great episode.. ^^ new character, an a really fucked wanting crazy for power teacher... seriously hope for him to die soon. n they got separated. yay what exiting stuff will they find and discover xD

also rather fascinating how they learn about zombies by the go xD and dont know anything about this shit xD rather funny to me actually.
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 10, 2016 5:09 PM
Jun 2016
That flame wall reminded me so much of Resident Evil 2. I'm pretty sure they also decided to meet at the police station in the game. :o

Anyway, some cool characters. The teacher dude seems like a major creep. He's not going to die for a while. He'll be the dude we'll all learn to hate. XD
Oct 24, 2016 8:10 AM
Oct 2016
The episode was flat out amazin
Sep 13, 2017 6:44 AM

Jun 2016
Oh, Rei, couldn't you be anymore annoying like what the fuck? Someone get rid of her already. If Takashi's gonna be blind about her stupidity then fucking get rid of him, too. Lmfao. She's so fucking annoying.

This was a slow episode. I almost dozed off while watching it, but Busujima woke me up with her beaut. Haha.

It was a good episode and what the fuck is up with that professor, maaan. Forgodsake.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 10, 2019 2:19 AM
Jul 2017
Couldn't they just kill Shido? Fucking sorry ass L. Ron Hubbard wannabe. That Scientology bullcrap.
Jun 25, 2019 7:30 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode with lots of action and tension.

Their group is getting larger. I don't like this guy with glasses who is a teacher and wanted to be chosen as a leader so much. He has an evil aura surrounding him, lol.

Main characters got away from the bus, but found a motorcycle.

Preview showed some bad news: that people are already looking their minds and world is not dragged directly into chaos, but in fact it was already dragged into it.
Jul 23, 2019 5:55 PM

Feb 2019
That bus flip scene was awesome!
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Aug 22, 2019 3:21 PM

Mar 2018
The new students that joined are all sheep! I doubt they'll survive for long.
Feb 18, 2020 7:22 PM

Jan 2016
Smh I wouldn't have let that teacher on the fucking bus. How the fuck is a psycho like that even a teacher?
And how did NO ONE from the bus see that he kicked someones face in and left them for dead???? smh
Jan 24, 2021 11:13 PM

Apr 2020
fan service died down or i just got numb to it, after that this has become actually pretty badass. the sprained ankle scene was pretty messed up and but just adds to the character of this teacher. will be a interesting next ep
Jan 27, 2021 10:40 PM

Jan 2016
Lol how insane is that they were talking about the outbreak. If taken out of context it would seem like they were talking about corona. You know before the pandemic I would’ve have rolled my eyes at how the people who were saved were acting like assholes but knowing what I know now about the world, it doesn’t seem far fetched at all.

Sep 8, 2021 8:41 AM

Jul 2021
i wonder why the zombies have no senses but hearing, realistically it's probably just to fill plot holes from the first two episodes (i noticed alot of scenes where zombies just ignored people, those are obviously explained now), but I wonder if there's an actual story reason for it.

Also, I can see why Rei hates that teacher dude- massive asshole, but how does Rei know? Did she have some sort of bad past experience with him?
Feb 9, 2022 9:46 PM

Jul 2016
And of course no one saw the teacher going full natural selection on that injured student...
Aug 12, 2022 1:28 AM
Aug 2022
it's pretty good i geuss
Sep 12, 2022 4:59 PM
Sep 2022
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ ١ ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ ٱلْعَـٰلَمِينَ ٢ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
Oct 4, 2022 8:17 PM
Oct 2022
Still not a very good anime
Mar 5, 2023 7:25 PM

Dec 2022
everything improves a minimum of 50% with a motorcycle so things are looking GOOD
Apr 28, 2023 1:49 AM

Feb 2022
They are a pretty good team without those cannon fodders. And Rei should already say to her team what's her problem with that guy, instead of holding back and tries to let her teammates interpret what she means.

There's really that kind of people in the middle of a crisis that will do anything on his power, to do what he want and stand at the top. Ngl. This kind of troupes in anime makes my blood boil, It's not that I hate it. It's just it sometimes happens Irl, and some people acting on their naivety and didn't even try to read the room or think about a few step ahead.

One look on that teacher, you'll already know that he's a filthy scum. That kind of people is deserving of painful and brutal death, that befitting for their actions.
Jul 12, 2023 10:14 AM
Jul 2023
I it was a well put together episode
Jul 17, 2023 1:18 PM
Jun 2023
Good continuation of the story, though I cant help but question the characters choices.
Oct 1, 2023 8:48 AM

Dec 2022
Takashi and Rei shouldn't have left that bus, but the motorcycle scene was nice and builds on their relationship dynamic.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 20, 2023 3:35 PM
Oct 2022
Pretty standard stuff
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

541 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 16, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.