MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Anime with Deep Plot/Amazing Ending
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Anime with Deep Plot/Amazing Ending

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
07-16-10, 1:25 PM

I am looking for an anime that blows your mind in the end or one with a deep/metaphoric plot.

It can be mixed with comedy,romance,etc.

The episodes need to flow, not like Mushishi where the next episode is not directly related to the one before

Basically, I'm looking for an anime that
1) causes you to "WTF" at the end of the anime
2) has a high re-watch value
or
3) has a deep entertaining plot

Thanks in advance,
mushypizza

07-16-10, 1:30 PM

Monster
Mononoke
Haibane Renmei
Monster
Earth Maiden Arjuna
Bokurano
Monster
Aoi Bungaku

And... Monster :)

07-16-10, 1:40 PM

Ah. You've already seen Bakemonogatari. So, how about Elfen Lied?

07-16-10, 1:41 PM

Paranoia Agent (metaphorical, also WTF)
Legend of the Galactic Heroes (deep, entertaining plot, some WTF moments, space opera)
Higurashi ni Naku Koro ni (many, WTF moments, very entertaining plot. Some deepness, but not the strong point of the show)
Check out our Simul Watch CLUB and join if you're interested!

Ratohnhaketon said:
I can hear the anti-SOL purists gathering outside with their plotforks.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste,
I show love 'cause it's a terrible thing to hate.

07-16-10, 1:52 PM

trigun
gundam 00... wait gundam in general
monster
lain
/ 人◕ ‿‿ ◕人 \ / 人◕ ‿‿ ◕人 \ / 人◕ ‿‿ ◕人 \ / 人◕ ‿‿ ◕人 \ / 人◕ ‿‿ ◕人 \

07-16-10, 2:12 PM

Gundam 00 has a plot as deep as an emo song is soothing.

Most of my favorites have plots that I would admit are pretty trivial, but I will agree with Mononoke.
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...

07-16-10, 2:20 PM

True Tears had an amazingly good and deep plot.

07-16-10, 2:27 PM

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Considering End of Evangelion the ending
Code Geass
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Clannad
Bokurano
Monster
Aoi Bungaku
Death Note
Detective Conan(the plot is simple but the cases are extremely interesting)
Detective Academy Q(same as DC)
Fate/Stay Night
Kara no Kyoukai

Check my Card Shop if you love shoujo manga&anime&VNs
Badges:

07-16-10, 2:28 PM

RahXephon

07-16-10, 2:44 PM

Royal_Cheese said:
True Tears had an amazingly good and deep plot.

The girl was staring at a chicken for 5 minutes at the end.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!

07-16-10, 4:30 PM

Code Geass , definetly.

07-16-10, 5:28 PM

mushypizza said:
I am looking for an anime that blows your mind in the end or one with a deep/metaphoric plot.

It can be mixed with comedy,romance,etc.

The episodes need to flow, not like Mushishi where the next episode is not directly related to the one before

Basically, I'm looking for an anime that
1) causes you to "WTF" at the end of the anime
2) has a high re-watch value
or
3) has a deep entertaining plot

Thanks in advance,
mushypizza

Yep, sounds like Zeta Gundam to me. :3

The ending is so unique for an anime; main character doesn't die, but he's pretty messed up in the end. :p You don't really need to watch the prequel considering it has a new cast and whatnot. It might be good to, but you really don't. It's good on it's own. ;)

It's definitely tragedy at it's best. I would suggest Victory Gundam as a standalone, but you really have to have an interest in melodramas to understand how powerful it was. Few people really appreciate such a series, but those who really get into it, word for word; it's such an enjoyable experience.

Zeta would definitely be the mellow of the two (Which really says something about Victory; because many people talk about how dramatic Zeta Gundam is).

07-16-10, 5:45 PM

Vision of Escaflowne has a pretty deep, involved plot. And the ending is very emotional!

07-16-10, 5:52 PM

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (manga is deeper though) nice supernatural / romance / action and clamp <3

Kino no Tabi is short and easily rewatchable, great one too, really beautiful anime.

Darker than black could be a nice one too, I really fancy re-watching it soon, too.

07-16-10, 5:54 PM

Ergo Proxy!

You can't watch it just once. You definitely have to watch it twice in order to take in all the historical/cultural allusions that are woven into the plot and to fully understand the world in which the story takes place. It's a series that brings philisophical concepts like "raison d'être," among others, into question. It has complex characters and a unique sci-fi plot. It's intriguing and entertaining at the same time.
Modified by Yves, 07-16-10, 8:03 PM

07-16-10, 7:10 PM

i recently finished Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei. it made me go wtf every few episodes, is entertaining, and very deep. More importantly, it's the first ending i've felt satisfied with since...well i can't remember any series with a good ending off the top of my head. i've always felt they could've continued or were just plain bad. But Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei is really deep, great ending, and not your typical series. It's probably only series where I watched the op in every eps as well cause it felt original compared to everything else and reminded me of the Beatles. Watch the first eps at least and give it a shot.

07-16-10, 7:43 PM

Seconding Ergo Proxy for all the reasons Yves stated and more. Probably the most philosphical anime I have yet seen. Very different, although it doesn't look that way at the beginning.

Paranoia Agent isn't quite super deep, but it's smart and savvy and surreal. Same with Mind Game.
"When reality overcomes the dream, all sanity is lost in it's depth." -- Anonymous

07-16-10, 9:27 PM

TyG3R said:
Code Geass , definetly.

No.

(I liked the series, but the plot was fairly simplistic and the ending was terrible.)

07-17-10, 9:05 AM

It's just your opinion , dude. I can say the same thing about TTGL.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices