Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2010 8:15 AM

Jul 2009
That tea party scene was pure genius. I think True Human might be a dark horse after this though.
Jul 17, 2010 8:33 AM

Jul 2009
Favorite chapter in a while xD
I LOVE ALL THE ATTENTION SHIZUKA IS GETTING NOW <3

And Iwase is all over the place, I don't even know who to ship her with anymore. But it was definitely a funny chapter. Looking forward to next week's.
Jul 17, 2010 12:48 PM

Aug 2007
Nice progression. They figured out what they were lacking pretty quickly, but it's still nice to see them improving.

Mashiro could always go to an art school instead of a liberal arts college. Might help expand his drawings. But OH WELL.
Jul 17, 2010 9:42 PM

Oct 2007
+PCP thing was funny. XD.

Am I the only one thinking too much when they didn't mention Bleach when they wanted to compare with other popular manga? (Though they did show a glimpse of it later).

Last page was awesome. Niizuma~~~
Jul 17, 2010 10:03 PM

Feb 2007
sandii said:
+PCP thing was funny. XD.

Am I the only one thinking too much when they didn't mention Bleach when they wanted to compare with other popular manga? (Though they did show a glimpse of it later)

A friend of mine mentioned that on another discussion thread. I then liked the chapter even more. xD
Jul 18, 2010 1:31 AM

Dec 2009
Cool. Things are getting better.
Jul 18, 2010 2:49 AM

Jun 2009
Very funny chapter! Really like it! I really learn a lot about manga and the mangaka.. hehe..
Jul 18, 2010 2:47 PM

Dec 2008
Smochi said:

I just love them showing popular manga because it means that Obata's had to copy that style, and he does a pretty damn good job of it. (He is TOO talented...)

Also, such things like scanners and photoshop exist...
Jul 18, 2010 10:47 PM

Oct 2008
I DO NOT SUPPORT EIJI x IWASE. GO AWAY IWASEEEEE.

But lol, the tea party was hilarious.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 19, 2010 12:42 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
BlueYoshi said:
PCP's art flaw looked pretty obvious to me, as soon as they showed the comparison between PCP and Crow.
It was definitely obvious for me too, espcially if you look at the layout of the panels.

bwahahachick said:
Mashiro could always go to an art school instead of a liberal arts college. Might help expand his drawings. But OH WELL.
lmao so true.

Anitnelav said:
I DO NOT SUPPORT EIJI x IWASE. GO AWAY IWASEEEEE.
I KNOW DEEP DOWN YOU DO ANI. DON'T TRY TO DENY IT.

Woo EijixIwase! Loved this chapter!
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 19, 2010 1:30 AM

Jul 2009
WAT?! they didn't mentioned Beelzebub as a popular series! LAME!

Hmm Eiji x Iwase doesn't sound that bad..actually it might work
LaevanteinJul 19, 2010 1:49 AM
Jul 19, 2010 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
Awesome chapter... so the finaly realized what was their problem! I never thought that that was actually the problem... well somehow sometimes Art is the problem... the best part of everything was that they realizedthe problem on their own... Maybe Eijii and almost Hattori told them, but they really did it themselves.... So then PCP is going up !! YEHA! Go PCP and beat the lights out of every manga of the ranking... and beat that damned Eijii and that iwase bitch... Yeha!

Wow wow... The tea party was a blast... dang it poor Hiramaru... and Shizuka too... he's so akward with girls... man I do understand that poor soul... I was like until a few years ago... Hehehehe poor guy... I just hope True Human realy does better soon... if not he will be doomed to be stuck in the Hole of Hell forever! XD Eijii is awesome...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2010 2:29 AM

Nov 2007
I love Eiji, he's the best thing about this manga. And he's too good for Iwase, anyway, so I hope they don't become a pairing.
Oct 27, 2010 11:51 PM

Jun 2009
Tea party

Hiramaru: Yoshida pls join me in the other room... Yamahisa, can I have a minute? -hahaha

Now, Shizuka's in a high spirit

Art is very important
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 29, 2012 8:41 AM

Oct 2008
So the problem is the art this time. Eiji is amazing. It's as if he knows everything. I think it's not that bad if things would work out between him and Iwase.

So Mashiro's quitting school. Oh well, if that's what he wants. But he's really good too. He was able to adapt so fast. Even Eiji isn't too confident anymore.
czerahJun 29, 2012 9:04 AM
Sep 21, 2018 10:49 PM

Mar 2016
Niizuma said that Iwase is talented. Will she stick to him? <( ̄ ﹌  ̄)>
Nov 16, 2021 1:32 PM

Dec 2007
the issue for the art was pretty interesting, as it's seems obata himself done that kind of change in bakumn. yeah, those who will check the first volumes and compare it to those chapters will find it immediately as obata started drawing very serious drawing for bakuman, but slowly made it more fitting to slice of life comedy as bakuman is now. at that point it changed it was kinda weird to me and i thought the art changed for worse, but as it kept going i understood it's for the best to keep bakuman more freely style and light than serious heavy story.
so yeah ohba just copied that case into bakumn lol.

eiji did mistake holding iwase not only one hand but two. lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.