Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 29, 2010 8:00 PM

Jan 2010
Anyone else notice the horses where 3D? (ノ`⊿´)ノ
LOLL SEBASTIEN AND THE CATS XD
"Let's go, you cat obsessed moron" ROFL
...Baccano? o-o
Aug 1, 2010 10:49 PM

Apr 2010
Ok I'm confused does ceil not remember anything that happened in the first season??

Which I find weird, why would they just erase his memories like that? Well maybe they have plans for later on in the season

Aug 8, 2010 3:44 PM

Jan 2010
Sebastian was too hilarious in this episode.

The whole cat thing, then him knocking Grell over. Kuroshitsuji II is even more over-the-top than its predecessor XD

LovingHate said:
Anyone else notice the horses where 3D? (ノ`⊿´)ノ
LOLL SEBASTIEN AND THE CATS XD
"Let's go, you cat obsessed moron" ROFL
...Baccano? o-o

I believe he said baka-neko, which I think means stupid cat.
Aug 9, 2010 6:40 AM
Jul 2018
Sebastian with the kittens... i nearly died :3
Aug 9, 2010 7:41 AM

Oct 2008
shellybell said:
I believe he said baka-neko, which I think means stupid cat.

looool
He said neko baka which roughly translates to cat idiot...
The other way round.
Aug 13, 2010 3:56 PM

Aug 2009
y doesnt Ciel remember anything? D;
Aug 15, 2010 3:03 AM

Dec 2008
seems like Sebastian altered the timeline a bit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2010 2:21 AM

Jan 2010
nice episode. Sebastian with the kittens. LOL and Grell x Sebastian xD
Oct 6, 2010 3:25 PM

Feb 2010
Thought this ep was kinda weak compared to the first 2... but STILL great (voted it a 4/5)...

So Ceil has amnesia huh? Interesting....

<333 to Sebby & the Kittehs ^^
Oct 6, 2010 6:33 PM
Sep 2010
Its obvious that Ceil musta lost his memories. The only questions I have are these.

1. Is that Aberlain? If he didnt die it makes sense

2. Even if Ceil lost his memories, why does the people around him act like nothing happened? Im talking about the whole buddy-buddy thing between Ceil and Lau. Lau betrayed him in season 1 so I have no idea why lau would act friendly to Ceil. And its not just Lau, its practically everyone who was even affiliated with Ceil.
Nov 20, 2010 1:39 AM

May 2010
So Ciel doesn't remember Grell or that Madame Red is dead. And Sebastian still talks about devouring Ciel's soul...what the hell does this mean? Have we been told already? Did I miss it? Or has it yet to be explained? I need answers!
Nov 20, 2010 1:42 AM

May 2010
Superluccix said:
Its obvious that Ceil musta lost his memories. The only questions I have are these.

1. Is that Aberlain? If he didnt die it makes sense

2. Even if Ceil lost his memories, why does the people around him act like nothing happened? Im talking about the whole buddy-buddy thing between Ceil and Lau. Lau betrayed him in season 1 so I have no idea why lau would act friendly to Ceil. And its not just Lau, its practically everyone who was even affiliated with Ceil.

That's not Aberlain. He looks different.
But your right about everyone else acting like nothing happened. It's weird. Also, there's no mention about all the destruction that happened to London. Or anything about having to rebuild because of the previous fire.
Dec 9, 2010 10:04 AM

Jun 2009
… This episode only raises more questions and gives zero answers about the timeline in which the story is set and the condition of Ciel’s memories. At first, I thought there were two factible possibilities:

1. Everything is a prelude to the first season; they’re expanding the events before Ciel’s revenge took part.
2. Ciel lost his memories, and is back into the world living because of his ring, which may be a ‘part’ of his soul seeing it is an important part of the family Phantomhive.

The first one would explain the fact Ciel doesn’t know Grell, Lau and Ranmao are there as his allies, Queen’s still sending orders to him as her personal dog, or why Sebastian said he wants to eat his soul. But Grell has Madam Red’s coat, implying she’s dead, so there’s no way it happened before the first season; I don’t think that’s Aberlin either, another reason to say it doesn’t match with said timeline.

The second theory is more credible. The things that don’t seem to coincide, are the fact that nobody remembers anything, like Lau who betrayed him, or Elizabeth, who knew the disappearance of Ciel and the servants, or about Ciel giving up his title; and if we know the real Queen was dead, someone with information in the underworld must had told the false Queen all the persons involved with Her Majesty.

Of course, the oblivion of all the events must have been Sebastian’s doing. Maybe even with a Shinigami’s help…

Also, another curious occurrence was the Lord Randall saying “This city is often burning” something that already happened in the last episodes of the first season if I’m not mistaken.

I must be over-analyzing again but I expect an explanation about all that, if not, nothing would make sense.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 21, 2010 1:46 AM

Feb 2010
When Grell appeared, I was so shocked.
Ohhh, Trancy's name is mentioned. They might become enemies or whatever which will make everything interesting. I hope they will.

It's rather weird that Ciel thought Madam Red is alive and he doesn't even know Grell. And I thought he's not suppose to care about the Queen's feelings. Weird.

The best scene in this episode for me is Sebas-chan and the kitties. It's simply LMAO. I guess me and Sebas-chan has one thing in common.
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Dec 25, 2010 7:08 PM

Jun 2009
JusticeUndone said:
like Seby said at the preview of the next episode with a smexy as usual but unexpected voice: OOOOHHH why only two comments?!? :S where did all the people that usually commented go?! vacations? anywayz, this episode was epic, although i didn't caught much of the dialogues this time and i didn't had the patience to translate a lot of words as i used to do. But still I got the main theme.
Two scenes i laughed my a** off was one with Ciel calling Sebastian "neko baka!" omg i laughed sooooo hard!!!!! he def IS a neko baka! xD i'm a proud neko baka too ^.^ lol
and love dthe part where he stepped onto Grell saying "excuse me!" hahaha
whenever Grell appears he just makes it so more epic. Loved UNdertaker too.
And OMG loved that part at the end that they mentioned Alois. At last they'll bring him back to the plot. And where those eyes at the very end of the preview Claude's i wonder..?! I can't get enough of Kuroshitsuji! The atmosphere and everything is fantastic!!!!!!!! Loved the little rock music part with Grell and Seby! :P They have enhanced this in so many ways, art-wise and music-wise. If the story is great this is gonna be an effin awesome ride!! <3

ditto...LOLZ!
Sebastian w/the cats lmbo ><
Dec 25, 2010 7:15 PM

May 2010
kelken said:
JusticeUndone said:
like Seby said at the preview of the next episode with a smexy as usual but unexpected voice: OOOOHHH why only two comments?!? :S where did all the people that usually commented go?! vacations? anywayz, this episode was epic, although i didn't caught much of the dialogues this time and i didn't had the patience to translate a lot of words as i used to do. But still I got the main theme.
Two scenes i laughed my a** off was one with Ciel calling Sebastian "neko baka!" omg i laughed sooooo hard!!!!! he def IS a neko baka! xD i'm a proud neko baka too ^.^ lol
and love dthe part where he stepped onto Grell saying "excuse me!" hahaha
whenever Grell appears he just makes it so more epic. Loved UNdertaker too.
And OMG loved that part at the end that they mentioned Alois. At last they'll bring him back to the plot. And where those eyes at the very end of the preview Claude's i wonder..?! I can't get enough of Kuroshitsuji! The atmosphere and everything is fantastic!!!!!!!! Loved the little rock music part with Grell and Seby! :P They have enhanced this in so many ways, art-wise and music-wise. If the story is great this is gonna be an effin awesome ride!! <3

ditto...LOLZ!
Sebastian w/the cats lmbo ><

OMFG
I agree with both of you Sebby + kitty= neko baka not bad Ciel not bad ;3
Jan 1, 2011 7:01 AM

Aug 2010
OMG, I HATE Grel... Most irritating character ever >_<
was awfully disappointed when he appeared...
hope I'll have enough guts to watch it till the end...
Jan 10, 2011 9:16 AM

Dec 2009
Woah....this blew my mind x_x

And, it's because of how much more story there is to piece together to figure it out now. As soon as Ciel asked Sebastian about Grell, I was like "Ohhhh - he lost his memories".

And, Anisamar summed it all up very nicely. I agree 100% with her second theory and explanations. Like, Ciel with Sebastian's help is going to have to piece his soul back together to be completely back to normal. Memories and all.

And, yes. This has happened before. I acutely was so curious and I just had to look back at season 1. The original fire [first one] broke out in episode 4-ish. And, Grell does the same thing then too. "If you want me, you have to run through these flames! <3" and does that wiggle thing. So, I though this was a side thing and Alois had his contract made at about the same time Ciel had his made. But, it was just a though. Anisamar has made much more sense than I have :3
Feb 16, 2011 12:38 PM

Dec 2008
Ok. So if this is the second season why is it starting to seem like it's just an alternate version? ~.~ Wtf. It's been quite a while since I've seen the first season but I'm almost 100% sure Ciel knows who Grell is.. I'll be so dissapointed if this is just a alt. version.. really.

Edit:
I just read what Anisamar posted and I hope that it is true. It makes alot of sense as well. *Hoping*
FeatherLynneFeb 16, 2011 12:52 PM

Mar 21, 2011 2:03 PM

Dec 2010
Didn't read all 9 pages of comments (I want to get back to finding out what's going on... :) ) but I might be in the minority in thinking that this is a jump to times before the events of the first season... that would explain why Lau and Madame Red is alive, why Ciel doesn't know who Grell is, why there are no angels, and why Sebastian still says that he only wants Ciel's soul and such, meaning he must not have eaten it yet... Ciel also mentioned that he's the "new head of the Phantomhive house" and that there are still people after him, and I don't believe he would say that after a few years of the being the head and killing off everyone and enacting his revenge last season... and perhaps when Ciel & Sebastian finally deall with the Trancy household they kill them all off, thus answering why they are not present in the first season. At least that is the only conclusion I can think of after what we have been given so far... I can't seem to find a definitive answer online about whether it's a time skip and how much time has passed (without stumbling across sites that threaten to be spoilery) so I'm sticking with this mindset for now :) (did anyone else think that the side-kick detective looked A LOT like Aberline? Just with a mustachio? He died first season too!)

And yeah, I'm starting to miss the Trancy house too--that first episode was SO AWESOME and I understand these episodes are probably going to mean SOMETHING sooner or later but I hope they get back on track soon :)

Edit: Just noticed Anismar's post--my theory pretty much lines up with the first one they mentioned, but I didn't notice the Madam Red coat thing or take into account Sebastian's nuances when reacting to Ciel's obliviousness over past events... Ill just have to wait and see :D
SpiritedSarahMar 21, 2011 2:38 PM
Mar 21, 2011 10:02 PM
Sep 2010
I loved this episode. Any episode with Grell is always awesome and hilarious and I was not disappointed.
Uploader53
May 10, 2011 11:29 AM

Nov 2009
wow this is getting to be such a mindfuck. basically my theory is that sebastian is the omnipotent uber troll who owns the hell out of ciel and just created a world for his pure amusement. after he took ciels soul i think he was lonely and realized he really loved his pseudobutler lifestyle so he brought ciel back with i agree " a part of ciel is the ring itself" (although i have no idea why it was in the trancy's mansion) to have some fun. ciel was reincarnated when sebastian loved him best - wanting nothing but revenge and being as melancholic as ever. the servants dont give a shit they love their happy go lucky lives as much as ever. as for grell, i think he realized something was wrong with ciel when he didnt know who he was but was ultimately too pre-occupied with sebasschan to notice it. lau/ranmao i have noooo clue whats going on tho. no theory for that except that lau was always a supertroll. i hope ciel realizes whats going on and owns the shit out of alois just for good measure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2011 9:34 AM
May 2011
Well this explains alot... So basically this season is an alternate storyline. Kinda happy about it. And a little side point... Grell is the only gay dude in any anime ive actually liked. xD his hilarious
Jun 16, 2011 1:20 AM

Jul 2010
Ceil has amnesia? o_O
NOOOO! How can he forget everything?! I refuse to believe this alternate storyline. God damn it!! TT__TT

At least Grell didn't disappoint me. Thank goodness he got his chainsaw back.
Jun 30, 2011 11:14 PM

Dec 2009
Haha Sebastian and the kitties lol
Grell was funny as usual.
Aug 21, 2011 1:52 AM

Nov 2008
.....This was a pretty bad episode.

Honesty, It just screamed "we don't care". The plot was pretty stupid, It was confusing as hell, the antagonist was beyond annoying, and the characters were out of character.

I mean, how can a fat lady walk around burning London in such a short while? and how the hell was she (an overweight old human) faster than Sebastian (a pretty fast demon) and Grell (a shinigami)?
And didn't anyone have guns?! I'm pretty sure she would have died from one.

Ciel was acting pretty stupid too. The usual Ciel would be more smart and cunning.
He wouldn't rush to a psycho without any protection or plan. and why didn't he actually shoot her instead of just holding that gun?!

/sigh
I just clearly hate this episode. if your giving us a filler, there are plenty of great ones in the manga. just choose one of them and don't give us a half assed episode
Aug 28, 2011 12:42 PM
Feb 2011
ok.... im really confused now.... ist this supposed to about a year and a half after the first seaason ended.....???.... then why is like, everyone alive again???!!!???
Jun 3, 2012 2:28 PM

Jul 2011
okay well duh here is my answer in the last season ciel fuflilled his wish for revenge and was suppose to get his soul eaten by sebastian but sebastian was so fond of ciel he decided not to eat him but instead erase his memories and act like ciel never finished getting his revenge.. thats why ciel dosent know grell and dosent know madamn red is dead and as for lau acting friendly.. if ciel got his memories erased he would never have memories of lau betraying him.. sebastian and everyone else must know ciel lost his memories and lau is just going with the flow.. he know's its better to be a pawn of the phantomhives than an enemy
Jun 3, 2012 9:10 PM
Jul 2018

Somehow, I don't like this episode.
Except for Grell though. C:
And Sebastian as a cat lover. XD
removed-userJun 3, 2012 9:16 PM
Jul 21, 2012 4:30 AM

May 2012
Another great episode and yes we've got to see Grelle and Undertaker :D But I do wonder why Ciel doesn't remember them oO
Oct 7, 2012 9:11 AM

Aug 2011
I'm a little confused about her weapon choice. I thought that in order to ignite the powder she'd need to have some sort of charge go through it. When she's just scattering it around like that, there's no way it's getting a charge when it's not loaded into the special device for it, right?

As for the memory loss, I assume that Ciel's memories are gone because his soul was initially reaped and his cinematic record got scattered all over the city. Since his cinematic record is his memories, and the dead shouldn't be able to come back, it is only natural that a reaped person wouldn't remember their past if they came back. The ring stored the memories of previous Phantomhive masters including Ciel, but since Lizzie destroyed it, it's like a corrupted hard-drive and could only remember back to a certain point. The ring Sebastian repaired and returned to him may be intentionally flawed because he did mean to bring Ciel back at some point to manipulate and eat his soul again without Ciel remembering what had happened the first time.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Feb 20, 2013 10:11 AM

Feb 2013
This is getting quite confusing, I'm not sure if I like it.

Right now, I want Ciel to meet Alois and see how their relationship will develop — if there's a relationship at all.
Sep 15, 2013 7:53 AM

Jul 2013
I think Kuroshitsuji 2 commences before the events of Kuroshitsuji 1.Right??

Sorry for bad English.I am not a native.
Feb 21, 2014 3:28 AM

Sep 2013
So far , I'm enjoying this season alot more than I did the first , full of action as well as a nice pace to the story , To see my beloved Grell again haha :D awesome! , Loved the humor in this episode especially Sebastian mesmerized by those cats
Really hope the next episode is as good ^-^
Oct 20, 2014 6:24 PM

Jan 2014
im so confused.... is madam red still alive? and why did ciel not recognize grell? wtf is lau doing still alive on top of this? why is ciel even alive, didn't sebastian already take his soul?? why was he acting like he hadnt... it made it seem like he was waking him up or something in the first episode, wth was that about .-. what even is this season i dont know
Oct 21, 2014 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
I was also confused by this, Ciel thinking Madame Red is still alive and not knowing Grell and Lau still being alive. It is very odd, it's like half the events of season 1 didn't happen.

I liked Grell in it though, he was funny. Good episode.
Nov 6, 2014 5:01 PM

Jul 2013
ahhaha Grell, doing selfies before it was cool

so this is where the Alois comes in huh?.. hmm..
Nov 9, 2014 4:47 PM

Oct 2014
OMG THE UNDERTAKER AND GRELL

Sebas' kitten lub o u o
Apr 25, 2015 10:58 PM
Aug 2014
Does anyone know who the 'Man with the Golden Eyes?' is?? im confused hahaha
Jun 13, 2015 2:38 AM

Jan 2013
That kitten scene though <333

Good thing the sequel isn't a let down.
Jun 21, 2015 10:51 AM

Feb 2015
So, it seems that Ciel is suffering from amnesia and has forgotten everything that happened in the first season.
Aug 18, 2015 1:01 AM

Jul 2014
That woman was a FREAK! Did she even know how old she'd become? -_-

And omg, did I just see Grell and Sebastian take a selfie? *~*
THAT is AWESOME!!!! (>~<)/
Jan 13, 2016 12:33 AM

Sep 2014
What is wrong with Ciel, has he lost all his memories , Or is this a different timeline or something ??
Anyway the Episode was Great. When Grell was on screen i enjoyed every second of it. I just love this Guy.
Mikoshiba-sanJan 13, 2016 10:11 AM
May 29, 2016 8:08 PM

Nov 2014
"Don't let Madam Red know".... But she died early on in the first season...?
Was that Aberline with a mustache?
Ciel doesn't know who Grell is?
Jun 4, 2016 2:50 PM
Jun 2016
im so extremely late for this but i just re visited this topic because i am STILL SO LOST everything kinda went extremely confusing when Ciel didn't remember Grell and how they called Lau even though they just had conflicts and extreme ones too the whole concept of the episode was SO VERY CONFUSING.
Aug 10, 2019 3:17 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
In what timeline does all this even happen? Midway through S1, after it? Before it? I am confused and still not very pleased about this second season.
Sure I like to see my fav butler back in action but for now this makes NO SENSE at all to me.

Jun 15, 2020 7:36 AM

Dec 2018
shadowsword said:
Hachik0 said:
The Queen died, right?

No she didn't die.
You can see the real Queen in the last few minutes of the last episode in season 1
actually in the last epi, the police officer randell had said that the queen in front of public was a fake one, to avoid any kind of panic among the public
Jun 15, 2020 7:38 AM

Dec 2018
Valentiln said:
ikaofmon said:
ciel basically commited suicide in ep 24
Letting go of the edge of the bridge due to lack of strength from profuse bleeding does not mean he committed suicide ......even remotely.
but it did look like he let go willingly
Aug 27, 2020 12:38 PM

Mar 2019
Yes this is boring. Ciel doesnt know who Grell is?
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 20, 11:44 AM
Oct 2021
man that opening was intense … love this show sm
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Jul 22, 2010

200 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veain - Sep 16, 2010

849 by Elyshion »»
Mar 30, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Aug 19, 2010

1504 by Elyshion »»
Mar 29, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lafuria_sux - Jul 1, 2010

1026 by Elyshion »»
Mar 29, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vcruzer - Jul 8, 2010

353 by Heres_MyDilemma »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.