Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2010 8:29 PM
May 2010
Yawn, this nearly put me to sleep. I don't plan on giving up on the show because seeing the trailer it definitely looked creepy. Hopefully it picks up. Just felt like nothing really happened in this episode. The only creepy moments were already mentioned with the old lady and the bushes. It doesn't have to be fast paced, but atleast get somewhere soon!
Jul 15, 2010 8:44 PM

Mar 2010
Sorry Megumi, but no one likes you.
It's the truth.

garfield15 said:
I agree with this but there was one scene in Yuuki's room where they kept playing beatboxing music and I was like "Uhhhhh, what the hell are they playing right now?"

Yeah, that part lost me.
And then it suddenly stops and I'm like "...wtf was that?"
I really want the soundtrack now. It has some nice creepy tunes.

Slow start is slow, but I'm hoping this series comes in with a surprise.
I'm just waiting for it to happen....later on that is.
Jul 15, 2010 8:54 PM

Aug 2009
I'm thoroughly enjoying the show so far. It gives off a Higurashi creepy-ness feel to it. And at the end, I just kept thinking "don't open the window, don't open the window."
Jul 15, 2010 9:15 PM

Jan 2010
Onegai said:
This far this show has been very much to slow paced for me. I dont want it to go all action like, but this far nothing has really happened.

I guess they are building up the story, so i'll stick with it for another EP or 2 and see how it goes.
I think you have the wrong impression. It won't go "all action like", this just isn't that type of anime. If you are waiting for action you can just not bother to stick with it for another "EP or 2".
Jul 15, 2010 9:44 PM

Apr 2009
Died of anemia huh? I really hope the tl;dr of this show isn't "Kyūketsuki existu! Uu~"
Jul 15, 2010 9:52 PM

Feb 2010
Beks said:
And at the end, I just kept thinking "don't open the window, don't open the window."

SAME!!!! I was like ahhhh....

and the creepy old lady cracking her neck... WTF!

Pretty slow episode... i actually liked the first episode more, but I like how the suspense is building.
Jul 15, 2010 10:08 PM

Oct 2009
Beks said:
And at the end, I just kept thinking "don't open the window, don't open the window."

I thought he would for a second. I prolly would have yelled if he had. XD
Jul 15, 2010 10:38 PM

Dec 2009
This is a very slow anime just so everyone knows. If youve read the manga you will know that this starts off at a snails pace and starts to pick up as the story goes on. If you are thinking of giving this one up, just have some patience, the story is very interesting and very well told.

As for the episode, because i know the story i cant say anything but it is doing a very good job following the manga, but it is diverging at some points which is making it interesting. The story is slowly picking up, and with each new episode i cant wait for the next one in a week.
Jul 15, 2010 10:47 PM

Jan 2010
This is pretty slow paced, but I'm alright with that. It gives it a more mysterious feel.

Natsuno is such a little brat. Regardless if you didn't much care for the girl or not, it's pretty rude to leave in the middle of someone's funeral. /: I miss Megumi, but she's listed as a main character so

Hopefully she'll return next episode (I didn't see a preview so I have no clue what to expect, haha).
Jul 15, 2010 11:01 PM

Jan 2010
Hmms, with the second ep, I'm sort of getting used to the pace this is going at.
I might read the manga soon.
LOL

Well, without the manga my guess is these people turn into vampires?

-------
Just found where I'm at.
Anyways; this is what you missed:
SucroseJul 15, 2010 11:14 PM
Jul 15, 2010 11:15 PM

Feb 2010
I'm fine with a slower pace for the beginning of a horror (as long as things pick up), but I don't know if I can get past the ridiculous character designs.

The hair! That's a horrorshow all on its own.
Jul 15, 2010 11:32 PM
Sep 2009
good, ep, hopefully good show.
Jul 16, 2010 2:56 AM

Sep 2009
As many people mention it the episode was so slow and melancholic and the interesting and scary moments was in the middle of slow actions . Hope it will get really interesting and can't wait to the next week ... Maybe i will catch the manga no matter I like animes most . Natsuno looks so suspicious in this story ... hope if he is not connected to have some kind 'of justice ' to his patetic to Megumi's dead . In the first episode Megumi's life and sense was only of his existence .
Jul 16, 2010 3:49 AM

Mar 2010
The show does have a slow pace, but I don't think it is bothersome..After all we 're still in the 2nd episode..it's pretty impossible to have all the explanations so far...So, we should be a bit more patient..After all, the whole chain of deaths and the mysterious impregnable castle really build up the mystique of the village.I storngly believe that this anime will have a great development..
Jul 16, 2010 4:19 AM

Jul 2010
I'd say : "time to call House MD" :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2010 4:45 AM

May 2010
i liked this EP even better then the first.realy enjoy teh slowe pace..reminds me on some asian horror flicks ive seen. that some crazy shit.. i got scared a little when that old woman turned her head and said" dont call the doctor". for me the show is in the top 3 summer animes already n i hope it keeps goin on like this. there are not many good real horror shows(not gore crap) with great atmosphere that can send a shiver down ur spine!

cant wait for ep3..lovin the show already
KerozinnJul 16, 2010 4:58 AM
Jul 16, 2010 4:56 AM

May 2008
This episode creep me out especially the scene where the old womens neck suddenly turned >__< and if I was Natsuno,I'd rather not open the window at night.

So this Anime is all about people getting infected by some sort of disease and turns into something later just like resident evil?

I'll keep watching this since it's really good .

Love is filled with mystery
Jul 16, 2010 7:14 AM

Jan 2010
I actually like how it's slow! It fits the atmosphere, it's called building up tension. >.>
The doctor is cool and Natsuno continues to be a cool but heartless jerk. I still like him for some reason though. I got to say that some hairstyles are beginning to annoy me (Kaori wtf? O_o) but I'll bear with it. I really like this atmosphere! ^^
Jul 16, 2010 8:14 AM

Dec 2009
Bunny-kins said:
It's the truth.

^ this

I simply loved how they showed the weirdness of the victims , especially the cracking sound of the old lady's neck xD , also the sounds they used to describe Natsuno's feeling of getting stalked were so damn creepy <3 ~
Can't wait to see ep 3 >_< !!!
Jul 16, 2010 8:45 AM

Aug 2008
I wonder what's happening to the village.
It's so freaky the way the old lady turned her head. >.<
Jul 16, 2010 9:39 AM

May 2010
darkerealm said:

It's so freaky the way the old lady turned her head. >.<

lol..i think thats something most of us find to be very disturbing ^.<
Jul 16, 2010 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
This anime made me lol at some parts.
'spcially the part where the purple hair dude was sitting in his room and all of a sudden some weird samba soundtrack starts playing. God, that was so random.

Guess it was another okay episode. Kept me entertained, but they should step up the pace a little.
4/5
Jul 16, 2010 1:34 PM

Aug 2009
Much better than the first episode. I'm beginning to really love the slow pace.
And the art style is just gorgeous.

One of my favourite opening sequences this season too.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 16, 2010 2:17 PM

Feb 2010
This continous very "good". Well made, awesome atmosphere and I wonder in which way the dead will come back, if they will. Myabe they wont (but Megumi is a Main-Character. Main-Characters don't die in the first Episode.).
Jul 16, 2010 3:02 PM
Sep 2009
I'm starting to get a bit excited, I love shows with creepy slow building tension, and this is near perfection in that regard. I can't wait to see what is going to happen next.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jul 16, 2010 3:07 PM

Sep 2009
Mamuru said:
I'd say : "time to call House MD" :p
and make him work with Bones XD
Jul 16, 2010 3:33 PM

Nov 2007
Much better than the first episode. The pace felt perfect to me; neither too fast nor too slow and I was left wanting more at the end of the episode. It's not really creepy (yet), but I like the atmosphere nonetheless. I just hope the revelations won't turn out lame - for some reason I expect them to... My favourite show this season so far, anyway.
Jul 16, 2010 3:46 PM

Jul 2009
What confuses me is? An aneamic girl grows weak and dies during a hot summer, is that really a huge conspiracy?
I speak as somebody who is aneamic and has fainted a number of times in the summer.
Yet I must remember however, this is a tiny village.;)
Still, the other deaths seem shiftier?

Back to the point, I like the idea of; (possible) vampire through virus, as zombie is the cliche now-a-days.

Pheefa said:
Much better than the first episode. I'm beginning to really love the slow pace.
And the art style is just gorgeous.

One of my favourite opening sequences this season too.
judojon said:
I'm starting to get a bit excited, I love shows with creepy slow building tension, and this is near perfection in that regard. I can't wait to see what is going to happen next.

These two comments are perfect.;)

This anime reminds me of Natsume Yuujinchou; not story-wise, yet simply because...
- Both are very mellow
- The art style is pretty and eerie (dewey, autunm mist/haze is my description)
- They move at a slow/steady pace, yet still mangaes to get the story across to the viewer

Jul 16, 2010 3:54 PM

Nov 2007
better than the first one but seriously wtf is up with their eyes? so weird and that ugly creepy dog.
Jul 16, 2010 3:55 PM
Jul 2008
It's still interesting. I wonder what the cause of their death is.
Jul 16, 2010 4:02 PM

Jun 2009
I dont care that it is slow i think it i approprite for the show Want more soon im sure the it will pick up.
Jul 16, 2010 4:27 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Good progress. I'm enjoying this.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 16, 2010 4:54 PM

May 2008
It remembered me of old school vampires.
Jul 16, 2010 6:59 PM

Nov 2007
Slow-burn show! I don't mind. What I do mind is that although we got rid of the annoying Megumi (for now), her annoying friend is still around. Sigh.

Lol @ Natsuno's father, I thought he was a woman at first.
Jul 16, 2010 7:37 PM

May 2009
Ozaki is so wonderful~
I love the animation it is far superior to the manga counter part xD;
That little old woman looked almost like a chibi in the manga glade they made her more like a person in the anime. Also the nurse was green was kinda. . . ehh
Good Episode it follows the manga quite nicely.
Love the OP and ED.
The eye part was a bit creepier in the manga.
Jul 16, 2010 7:44 PM

Feb 2010
Tarrasji said:
It's still interesting. I wonder what the cause of their death is.

Vampires, of course ;)
Jul 16, 2010 9:22 PM

Jan 2009
well composed, great episode.
I'm satisfied with this pace, because I guess Japanese horror works are those kind of things... and they need to make (maybe) 10 volumes of Manga into 22 episodes of Anime, so this is good pace in my opinion.

Bunny-kins said:
It's the truth.

not truth. I like her.
she is cute even though...kinda annoying. her Summer Greeting card scene was touching. like 1st episode, she tried to post the letter,maybe many times, but she couldn't do until August, even until she died.
though what she was doing, after all, may be stalking.
Jul 16, 2010 9:42 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
I want the OST asap
Jul 16, 2010 10:14 PM

Sep 2007
I'm hoping it won't be another vampire story, but more of supernatural ghost haunting demons or whatever shit.
Jul 16, 2010 10:16 PM

Jun 2009
Pacing reminds me of chaoshead.
Some shit better happen soon.
Nevertheless, has the potential to be surprisingly good.
Jul 16, 2010 10:20 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Sprite_Coke said:

Let's just hope it doesn't end up like Ookami Kakushi
Jul 16, 2010 10:35 PM

Nov 2009
KuroDubZero said:
Sprite_Coke said:

Let's just hope it doesn't end up like Ookami Kakushi

Agreed
Jul 16, 2010 10:57 PM

Jul 2010
liking the natsuno yuuki kid. he tells it like it is.
Jul 16, 2010 11:02 PM

Dec 2009
garfield15 said:
Linalee-Stratos said:

The incorporation of music in different scenarios was a bit hypnotizing, it made me want to concentrate on the show more. Oh well maybe I am just talking nonsense XD

I agree with this but there was one scene in Yuuki's room where they kept playing beatboxing music and I was like "Uhhhhh, what the hell are they playing right now?"

Yes, with crazy sounding voices on top.... it was as creepy as the Saika music.
Jul 16, 2010 11:42 PM

Jul 2007
Wasabi said:
I'm hoping it won't be another vampire story, but more of supernatural ghost haunting demons or whatever shit.

If they follow the manga, it will be more like the OLD kind of japanese/european vampires than the romanticism-filled gothic vampires.

garfield15 said:
Linalee-Stratos said:

The incorporation of music in different scenarios was a bit hypnotizing, it made me want to concentrate on the show more. Oh well maybe I am just talking nonsense XD

Actually it kind of fit to the scene. something that completely WOULD NOT fit with the setting. Something that actually separated the world behind the window from the world outside the window.

Onegai said:
This far this show has been very much to slow paced for me. I dont want it to go all action like, but this far nothing has really happened.

I guess they are building up the story, so i'll stick with it for another EP or 2 and see how it goes.

Then drop it and go watch k-on or something else simple that people who have problems with holding their attention can watch.

As I said before. This show is like sitting by the bonfire in dark dark forest alone with animals sounding in the dark around you. Don't expect ANY action. Its all about atmosphere and characters.
Jul 17, 2010 1:11 AM

Jul 2009
Man that was scary..the woman's voice "la..la..la.." is giving me a creep, feels like Megumi is still alive..brrr
Jul 17, 2010 2:14 AM

Feb 2009
Hauntingly beautiful.Reminds me of Ghost Hound and Mouryou no hako.I think a lot of people will drop it because of the pacing.I'm not gonna be one of them.This is my kind of anime.I hope it will be more on the mystery side though.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Jul 17, 2010 3:26 AM

Jan 2010
mollymarie said:
A very strange show so far. Natsuno sure is annoying, he didn't have to be so rude to Kaori. Yet it looks like he lives longer than most judging by the intro. I like the monk guy and the docter, I hope they live. I'm bad at remembering names.
I hope Megumi doesn't come back! Maybe she's just listed in the main cast because there will be flashbacks with her in them.
The nurse will probably be one of the next to die as they just introduced her a little bit this episode.
I wonder if this show is going to get more exciting or if it will be more of a mystery.

she isn't main in the manga,remember,anyone can edit MAL...i think she's just a supporting character,main will probably be the doctor,the spoiled kid, the guy with the glasses& of course the girl in the ED song

about this episode...i really get a higurashi feeling about this one ^_^,let's hope it'll get better and better!

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 17, 2010 4:02 AM

Mar 2010
I get chills from this episode. Yes, there isnt any action, but i dont expect (nor want) action. Its fine the way it is - dark atmosphere and characters not knowing anything about threat. Its simply great - I think I will look into manga, too.
Urufuzu_rein said:
Hauntingly beautiful.Reminds me of Ghost Hound and Mouryou no hako.I think a lot of people will drop it because of the pacing.I'm not gonna be one of them.This is my kind of anime.I hope it will be more on the mystery side though.

Yeah, it reminded me Mouryou no Hako in same way, too. Probably the atmosphere, but I think that this willbe much darker.

BTW, "la la la" sound is great, I love it.
Jul 17, 2010 10:13 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome. Really good atmosphere and no bullshit, this is how a horror should be.

I like how people complain about pacing. Some shows like to, you know, build the atmosphere and characters.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.