MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

English Dub?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» xxxHOLiC Kei »» English Dub?

07-14-10, 9:17 AM

Hi, just wondering if/when this second season will be picked up for an English release and dub.

Loved the first season, got it on DVD, and at the risk of being lynched I actually preferred the English dub to Japanese, which is rare for me, mainly because of Yuuko and Watanuki's voice work.

So... Yeah. I'd appreciate any yes, no and maybes anyone could give me regarding the possibility. I've been dying to watch the second season so at this point it's looking like I'm going to have to watch it with Jap dub, which I'm sure is great anyway.

07-14-10, 12:41 PM

Hello PrimalWrath. I'm just watching xxxHolic Kei myself and I don't think this will be licensed for English dub. The first season has been dubbed a long time ago, so I don't think they will make plans for a second season of dubbing. The kei series is from 2 years ago, which is a long time. I think if they were planning on dubbing Kei, they would have done it earlier. But maybe in the future.. you may never know.

Still though, I've watched the first season in English, and the second season in Japanese, and I got to say: it's really good!

Sorry for my bad English anyway, I'm not English myself.

07-14-10, 3:30 PM

Thanks for the reply Nerdo. You're probably right regarding the English dub. I think I'll go ahead and watch the second season in japanese, and if it ever gets licensed I'll have a reason to watch it all over again lol.

08-05-10, 3:25 AM

Which fansub group is the best for Season 2?

I'll probably never watch Season 2 subbed, but it's prob a good idea to archive the subs now just in case they get hard to obtained, and also just in case Season 2 never gets dubbed.

08-05-10, 3:57 AM

Hey Baby_Naruto,

Personally I can vouch for Shinsen Subs. I started watching this season recently and their work, as ever, is top notch.

I miss the voice actors from the season 1 Eng Dub, but it's still great stuff. I expect a lot of people prefer the Jap Dub anyway.

Hope this helps.

08-07-10, 3:00 AM

It's kinda hard to get season 2 in good quality. I tried Shinsen subs, but the quality is horrible sometimes. But hey, if you're a xxxHolic fan you will survive.

10-19-10, 2:45 PM

PrimalWrath said:
Hey Baby_Naruto,

Personally I can vouch for Shinsen Subs. I started watching this season recently and their work, as ever, is top notch.

I miss the voice actors from the season 1 Eng Dub, but it's still great stuff. I expect a lot of people prefer the Jap Dub anyway.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll start archiving their subs of season 2 doesnt get dubbed soon.

05-17-11, 2:37 PM

Did this ever come out in English?
Avatar is a screenshot from White Heart Baekgu
Images on banner are from:Spirited Away, Juuni Kokuki, and xxxholic.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices