MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Site-wide Issues

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
03-07-11, 8:00 AM

I'm posting second time sice my last post disapered. Actually my avatar to. And I'm offline when I'm online.
About my list. I updated yesterday and in added one of the animes to my complete list then today it put it again on the watch list. The same with two others that I updated today and I can't add new anime to the list.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/bra00724&sclick=1][/

03-07-11, 8:04 AM

ilovehaji said:
Sevy-Chan said:
Having waited almost 4 months for my anime stats to update, and still haven't is getting a little ridiculous, and it's annoying the hell out of me. My manga stats update at a normal rate, so I don't know what the problem with my anime stats is. I'm not going to complain too much, though. I understand they're having problems with it, and I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one who's stats haven't updated in months. It'll be fixed sooner or later....... hopefully. XD

yep same here ...manga updates almost instantly depending on the time of day but i have now completed 20 anime already but it still shows 79 on my profile anime stats section -.- anoooying!!

This is also happening to me, and been happening for a few months. Everything works fine on my anime list, sure sometimes it takes a little while for changes to show up but whatever. But on my anime section on my profile, it's still showing I have 47 PTW for example, when I actually have 83.

03-07-11, 8:14 AM

Why I can't even post. Don't care anymore.

03-07-11, 11:22 AM

MAL just need to close registration, close clubs, delete all new users accounts and create an invitation system but this is MADNESS!

03-07-11, 3:01 PM

My post appeared after 7 hours. "Nice"... To bad my anime list is still 3 days back.

03-07-11, 3:22 PM

It looks like its switching around madly between two databases. Sometimes i can already see my updates, sometimes i see the same i had a day before.

Also i see MySQL errors everywhere.

Time to backup my lists just in case i guess, the issues havent been this bad dor a long time.

03-07-11, 5:34 PM

The lag has been at its worst these few days.

The lag has been at its worst (or best, whichever way you look at it) these few days. It's fucking terrible.

The lag has been at its worst (or best, whichever way you look at it) these few days. It's fucking terrible.

03-07-11, 6:17 PM

I'm done being nice, fuck this shit is terrible. Fucking do something, anything. Give us an update. Let us know hopefully maybe one person higher up still cares about this place.
Tusdar said:
You know if this place just had a third party forum like IPB or VBulletin the load from the form being on a different DB may fix the rest of the problems.
I mean, what do you expect from a single person writing the code for an entire forum...
I mean everyone you could even just copy user tables over from here to the new forum with a little bit of intellect... and most likely clone the forums....

I've been suggesting it for years. Making legit suggestions on MAL? You're better off talking to a wall.

03-07-11, 8:39 PM

Time to spring for additional capacity guys. You can't put it off spending money on it forever.

I could deal with 6-9 hour updates, but these recent 15-30 hour updates are pretty annoying.

03-07-11, 9:01 PM

Yeah, seriously. What the fuck.

The forum is basically unusable in this state. I'm seeing posts from yesterday and it takes ten or more refreshes just to get the recent posts to show up. Posts don't show up for a good 12 hours after you make them which makes all the episode discussions a mess. There's double posts and threads everywhere and there's nothing you can do about it. Sometimes when I click on a new thread it'll take me back to the main page.

Plus, my list stats aren't updating. It's been frozen for days. The list itself reverts back a few days for no reason. I shouldn't have to refresh my list and click the + button over and over just to add a new episode or change a score or something. Sometimes it takes hours just for something to update. There's also the problems with avatars and profile picture not changing. My profile picture took around a week to finally change, which is kind of crazy.

The lag has been present for years but it's never been even close to this bad before. You can't just say "lol be patient" anymore. The site is almost unusable. A fix needs to be put out soon before the site implodes because it's only getting worse as time goes on.

03-07-11, 9:33 PM

What mal really needs is an external forum and better coding.

03-07-11, 10:08 PM

30 hour updates...
welp, using excel
bye

03-08-11, 12:26 AM

I don't know if this is even going to post or not seeing as the last several times I've tried to post on MAL none of them have appeared. But Whatever.

I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with these issues. First it was the fact that my post weren't showing up, then I noticed that I haven't received a Message since 12/21/2010 (not sure if messages is still disabled or not. Haven't been following what's been going on) and now I'm having horrible issues trying to update my watch list. Like I said, I see I'm not the only one having these problems but, I'm getting tired of waiting for all this to be resolved. I really wish that something would be done about these problems. I love MAL and I'd really hate to see it just die off like this. :(

03-08-11, 12:28 AM

I don't know if this is even going to post or not seeing as the last several times I've tried to post on MAL none of them have appeared. But Whatever.

I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with these issues. First it was the fact that my post weren't showing up, then I noticed that I haven't received a Message since 12/21/2010 (not sure if messages is still disabled or not. Haven't been following what's been going on) and now I'm having horrible issues trying to update my watch list. Like I said, I see I'm not the only one having these problems but, I'm getting tired of waiting for all this to be resolved. I really wish that something would be done about these problems. I love MAL and I'd really hate to see it just die off like this. :(

03-08-11, 12:29 AM

Or some updates on how things are going would be nice too :|

03-08-11, 12:29 AM

03-08-11, 12:30 AM

03-08-11, 12:30 AM

03-08-11, 12:31 AM

Damn.... I see my post made it through. 0_o
Modified by Syb3rStrife, 03-08-11, 7:33 AM

03-08-11, 9:05 AM

I've been seeing the site bounce between at least three servers/versions of updates. Like my Thursday Madoka update was the most recent on one refresh, then my Sunday stuff up through mid afternoon on another, and then my most recent update on a third.

And all these forum posts from the last two days just appeared for me, including my last one I made :|

03-08-11, 2:40 PM

lol wtf, 14 posts in a row, talk about desperation lmao :p

03-08-11, 4:43 PM

Xinil is a casual, with only 221 anime completed, and the most casual-friendly shows you can have at his favorite list. Also, he apparently doesn't reply to messages left at his profile.

I think we can all guess what this implies.
Modified by TreF, 03-08-11, 5:36 PM
アニメはあなたの人生を台無しにさせてはいけない。

03-09-11, 11:14 AM

Can we at least get some kind of response from Xinil that he's working on this?

I'd hate to see this site die due to an admin who doesn't seem to care to fix it

03-09-11, 6:00 PM

RyanSaotome said:

I'd hate to see this site die due to an admin who doesn't seem to care to fix it

This one cant definitly die cause theres not another site worth replacing this,

anime-planet for example is missing lot anime entrys and restricted as hell so if this site ever had such fate, theres basicaly nothing else, and i would prefer nothing over AP lol...
Modified by Otase, 03-09-11, 7:40 PM

03-09-11, 8:17 PM

Otase said:
RyanSaotome said:

This one cant definitly die cause theres not another site worth replacing this,

anime-planet for example is missing lot anime entrys and restricted as hell so if this site ever had such fate, theres basicaly nothing else, and i would prefer nothing over AP lol...

The internet has proven over and over again if there is a demand for something, someone will make it. And if this site becomes any more unusable then it is now, Then there will soon just be another site made that does its job without the issues.

03-10-11, 9:54 AM

Basically, I liked MAL before they started to change, and I believe this was about 2 years ago I believe. At that time you could have unlimited Mail in both sent and inbox, with a faster option to delete it. As well as the Server did what you wanted it to, so if you updated your profile picture, it did it within a couple seconds, now its like we gotta wait for hours and still it doesn't change after days.

I like MAL and all, but the frustrating lag efforts are even worse than when I play Combat Arms from Nexon America xD

Spice & Wolf

03-10-11, 10:21 AM

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=280145

There's been lag issues with MAL for nearly 2 months, yet we're not seeing any significant improvement with the site... :|

03-10-11, 10:29 AM

This lag is getting on my goddamn nerves. Is Xinil ever going to fix it?

RyanSaotome said:

the answer is....
Modified by LR, 03-11-11, 10:38 PM

03-11-11, 11:26 AM

This is crazy right now it take almost half a days for update to show.
Whatever i will just go back the old way i was saving my anime list before coming here on MAL.

Thanks for the 2 years and half you helped me organize my anime and manga list.

03-11-11, 12:58 PM

Out of curiosity, which are hosting the MAL Servers?

like for example, Hostcell.net, Hostgator.com and etc.

Spice & Wolf

03-12-11, 1:17 AM

why MAL permanently have issues with updates stats and all?
pencil and list of paper better

03-12-11, 7:33 AM

why not just upgrade this shit?

03-12-11, 11:13 AM

Guys just be patient for real, every site this big have some problems...MySQL is easy to handle, but maybe they had problem with server, then making backup Can take few days, Just think how much people are here, if they choose change serwer, It can take even week. In the worst case It could be hacker attack O_o If you can't uptade list, just use notepad o_O And don't cry like little kids It's annoying

03-12-11, 11:18 AM

This is just on my mind but i wanna share with admins. If any financial support could help to solve this lags , i would like to help :)

I think other members will help too ( im sure many of them will ... maybe some of them :D i donno ). But i really want to because this site is so special to me , i find everything i need here...

Have a nice day ^_^

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy