Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Mar 7, 2011 5:34 PM

Mar 2009
The lag has been at its worst these few days.

Mar 2009
The lag has been at its worst (or best, whichever way you look at it) these few days. It's fucking terrible.

Mar 2009
The lag has been at its worst (or best, whichever way you look at it) these few days. It's fucking terrible.

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009
Mar 7, 2011 6:17 PM

Feb 2008
I'm done being nice, fuck this shit is terrible. Fucking do something, anything. Give us an update. Let us know hopefully maybe one person higher up still cares about this place.
Tusdar said:
You know if this place just had a third party forum like IPB or VBulletin the load from the form being on a different DB may fix the rest of the problems.
I mean, what do you expect from a single person writing the code for an entire forum...
I mean everyone you could even just copy user tables over from here to the new forum with a little bit of intellect... and most likely clone the forums....

I've been suggesting it for years. Making legit suggestions on MAL? You're better off talking to a wall.
Mar 7, 2011 8:39 PM

Apr 2008
Time to spring for additional capacity guys. You can't put it off spending money on it forever.

I could deal with 6-9 hour updates, but these recent 15-30 hour updates are pretty annoying.
Mar 7, 2011 9:01 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah, seriously. What the fuck.

The forum is basically unusable in this state. I'm seeing posts from yesterday and it takes ten or more refreshes just to get the recent posts to show up. Posts don't show up for a good 12 hours after you make them which makes all the episode discussions a mess. There's double posts and threads everywhere and there's nothing you can do about it. Sometimes when I click on a new thread it'll take me back to the main page.

Plus, my list stats aren't updating. It's been frozen for days. The list itself reverts back a few days for no reason. I shouldn't have to refresh my list and click the + button over and over just to add a new episode or change a score or something. Sometimes it takes hours just for something to update. There's also the problems with avatars and profile picture not changing. My profile picture took around a week to finally change, which is kind of crazy.

The lag has been present for years but it's never been even close to this bad before. You can't just say "lol be patient" anymore. The site is almost unusable. A fix needs to be put out soon before the site implodes because it's only getting worse as time goes on.
Mar 7, 2011 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
What mal really needs is an external forum and better coding.
Mar 7, 2011 10:08 PM

Dec 2007
30 hour updates...
welp, using excel
bye
Mar 8, 2011 12:26 AM

Apr 2008
I don't know if this is even going to post or not seeing as the last several times I've tried to post on MAL none of them have appeared. But Whatever.

I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with these issues. First it was the fact that my post weren't showing up, then I noticed that I haven't received a Message since 12/21/2010 (not sure if messages is still disabled or not. Haven't been following what's been going on) and now I'm having horrible issues trying to update my watch list. Like I said, I see I'm not the only one having these problems but, I'm getting tired of waiting for all this to be resolved. I really wish that something would be done about these problems. I love MAL and I'd really hate to see it just die off like this. :(

Mar 8, 2011 12:28 AM

Apr 2008
I don't know if this is even going to post or not seeing as the last several times I've tried to post on MAL none of them have appeared. But Whatever.

I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with these issues. First it was the fact that my post weren't showing up, then I noticed that I haven't received a Message since 12/21/2010 (not sure if messages is still disabled or not. Haven't been following what's been going on) and now I'm having horrible issues trying to update my watch list. Like I said, I see I'm not the only one having these problems but, I'm getting tired of waiting for all this to be resolved. I really wish that something would be done about these problems. I love MAL and I'd really hate to see it just die off like this. :(

Mar 8, 2011 12:29 AM

Apr 2008

Or some updates on how things are going would be nice too :|

Mar 8, 2011 12:29 AM

Apr 2008

Mar 8, 2011 12:30 AM

Apr 2008

Mar 8, 2011 12:30 AM

Apr 2008

Mar 8, 2011 12:31 AM

Apr 2008

Apr 2008

Apr 2008

Apr 2008

Apr 2008

Apr 2008

Apr 2008
Damn.... I see my post made it through. 0_o
MischiefMaverickMar 8, 2011 7:33 AM

Mar 8, 2011 9:05 AM

Nov 2008
I've been seeing the site bounce between at least three servers/versions of updates. Like my Thursday Madoka update was the most recent on one refresh, then my Sunday stuff up through mid afternoon on another, and then my most recent update on a third.

And all these forum posts from the last two days just appeared for me, including my last one I made :|
Mar 8, 2011 2:40 PM

Sep 2009
lol wtf, 14 posts in a row, talk about desperation lmao :p
Mar 8, 2011 4:43 PM

Apr 2008
Xinil is a casual, with only 221 anime completed, and the most casual-friendly shows you can have at his favorite list. Also, he apparently doesn't reply to messages left at his profile.

I think we can all guess what this implies.
TreFMar 8, 2011 5:36 PM
アニメはあなたの人生を台無しにさせてはいけない。
Mar 9, 2011 11:14 AM

Apr 2010
Can we at least get some kind of response from Xinil that he's working on this?

I'd hate to see this site die due to an admin who doesn't seem to care to fix it

Mar 9, 2011 6:00 PM

Sep 2009
RyanSaotome said:

I'd hate to see this site die due to an admin who doesn't seem to care to fix it

This one cant definitly die cause theres not another site worth replacing this,

anime-planet for example is missing lot anime entrys and restricted as hell so if this site ever had such fate, theres basicaly nothing else, and i would prefer nothing over AP lol...
OtaseMar 9, 2011 7:40 PM
Mar 9, 2011 8:17 PM

Apr 2010
Otase said:
RyanSaotome said:

This one cant definitly die cause theres not another site worth replacing this,

anime-planet for example is missing lot anime entrys and restricted as hell so if this site ever had such fate, theres basicaly nothing else, and i would prefer nothing over AP lol...

The internet has proven over and over again if there is a demand for something, someone will make it. And if this site becomes any more unusable then it is now, Then there will soon just be another site made that does its job without the issues.

Mar 10, 2011 9:54 AM

Jul 2008
Basically, I liked MAL before they started to change, and I believe this was about 2 years ago I believe. At that time you could have unlimited Mail in both sent and inbox, with a faster option to delete it. As well as the Server did what you wanted it to, so if you updated your profile picture, it did it within a couple seconds, now its like we gotta wait for hours and still it doesn't change after days.

I like MAL and all, but the frustrating lag efforts are even worse than when I play Combat Arms from Nexon America xD

Mar 10, 2011 10:21 AM

Mar 2010
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=280145

There's been lag issues with MAL for nearly 2 months, yet we're not seeing any significant improvement with the site... :|

Mar 10, 2011 10:29 AM
Dec 2010
This lag is getting on my goddamn nerves. Is Xinil ever going to fix it?

RyanSaotome said:

the answer is....
LRMar 11, 2011 10:38 PM
Mar 11, 2011 11:26 AM

Nov 2008
This is crazy right now it take almost half a days for update to show.
Whatever i will just go back the old way i was saving my anime list before coming here on MAL.

Thanks for the 2 years and half you helped me organize my anime and manga list.
Mar 11, 2011 12:58 PM

Jul 2008
Out of curiosity, which are hosting the MAL Servers?

like for example, Hostcell.net, Hostgator.com and etc.

Mar 12, 2011 7:33 AM

Oct 2010
why not just upgrade this shit?

Mar 12, 2011 11:13 AM
Feb 2010
Guys just be patient for real, every site this big have some problems...MySQL is easy to handle, but maybe they had problem with server, then making backup Can take few days, Just think how much people are here, if they choose change serwer, It can take even week. In the worst case It could be hacker attack O_o If you can't uptade list, just use notepad o_O And don't cry like little kids It's annoying
Mar 12, 2011 11:18 AM

Jul 2009
This is just on my mind but i wanna share with admins. If any financial support could help to solve this lags , i would like to help :)

I think other members will help too ( im sure many of them will ... maybe some of them :D i donno ). But i really want to because this site is so special to me , i find everything i need here...

Have a nice day ^_^
Mar 12, 2011 12:50 PM

Mar 2008
It's getting on my nerves! -.-
I've been trying to delete/change my profile pic for 1 week now. IT'S NOT WORKING!.
Same goes to my profile "about me"-section. It always goes back to my old text -.-
Less than 2 years ago MAL worked perfectly fine for me! I miss those times.. :/
Mar 12, 2011 4:56 PM
Aug 2010
True, heading back to pencil + paper as well. Started with Anime a year ago and when I joined MAL it lagged like few weeks later, my list hasnt been updated for over 3 months now =/
Mar 12, 2011 5:26 PM

Feb 2008
I have problems i recenlty change my name from K9001 to Arpadiam, looks like the System didnt update ( Or maybe yes ) some times when i come to mal i see still i'm k9001 and other times shows mi nick as arpadaim but when i click in my profile it gives me the msg saying Sorry we didn't found Arpadian on mal ( kinda like that say ), and again the nick changes to k9001

I feel like in floating in the limbo within nicks =/

Mar 12, 2011 6:47 PM

Sep 2009
lol one thing for sure, Xinil could say something at least...

like if we can still hope that this site will never die sheesh...
Mar 13, 2011 1:22 PM

Aug 2007
I'm having trouble doing anything on this site and its been like this for a long time now. Please upgrade your servers because its getting to be unusable.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

422 by Hayukoo »»
5 hours ago

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 8:10 PM

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

204 by Dekom »»
Yesterday, 10:52 AM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3332 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.