Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2007 12:07 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Never heard of Kedex but I thought they did quite a good job.

Reminded me a lot of Nanoha's first episode. So yeah, it's ubercute and I laughed as well. Those high voices got to my head though ^^. Guess I'll stick with it, just for fun.

Sumomo mo Momo mo~... um... yeah.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 3, 2007 12:40 PM
Sep 2006
This was very cute~ Those damn chibis hooked me, and I swore I knew I would like this show solely for that lamb. I think this episode was a bit rushed, but it was funny and cute none the less. In short it was

</div>

I will admit though that I can't say this is the show I was waiting for this season, but it's pretty nice as a beginning.</span>
Jul 3, 2007 8:37 PM

Nov 2006
haha i loved this ep, and when the teacher said "oya oya" i about died, fainted, and had a nosebleed at the same time.

oya oya = massive win for me.

sumomo is adorable, but her voice does annoy me a tad.
this ep was much better than i was expecting, and the art/colors are fantastic! :)
i love how they do face close-ups on the characters, i've heard that can be a copout to save money, but in this anime it works.

can't wait for sumomo vs. random hot evil chick action!

Jul 3, 2007 9:09 PM

Aug 2006
Well I always like magical girl anime and this first episode of Nanatsuiro Drops was no exception. Lots of chibiness in this episode, which is a plus for me XD. Although Somomo kind of got on my nerves a little when she starts crying for the littlest things :P. Anyways, from the ending of this episode I'm hoping that there's going to be some magical battling going on in the future episodes. Looking forward to this series.
Jul 3, 2007 10:08 PM

Jun 2007
This looks to be a very...cute series, to say the least. I was also really reminded of Nanoha as well.
Jul 3, 2007 11:18 PM

Feb 2007
I just watched the first episode of this anime for the hell of it.

For an intro episode, this was pretty nice. Very cute, though unsure if i'm going to watch the whole thing. Meh, it's only 12 episodes. I think the best part for me was when the teacher was explaining how to turn lamb-kun normal (can't remember name, lamb-kun it is!).
Jul 4, 2007 1:58 AM
Apr 2006
wow that was a fast sub...Kedex also does good subs for Kamichama Karin and started Kirarin Revolution...all very kawaii~

it was a funny and cute first ep...liked the animation and costumes of the girls....the sensei is...cool^^
and chibiness ftw!
Jul 4, 2007 7:37 AM

Apr 2007
Other than the seiyuu cast I have no complains.
Animation is pretty good + chibi characters are always a plus for me.
And there seems to be quite the lot of lolis too.
I hope this is like Nanoha, which didn't really called my attention at first but then it picked up. I'm certainly expecting more episodes ^_^.
Jul 4, 2007 7:43 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well, I hope I'm wrong but that giant spoon and some other things make me think it will not be like Nanoha. But we shall see.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 5, 2007 7:34 AM

Jul 2007
hmm haven't watched all of it, but watched about a minute yesterday and the first thing that came to mind was CCS

even the voices sounded similar (although as i said, i didn't watch for very long)

gonna have to pick kadex up for kamichama too b/c the group i'm watching now has been stalled for a while
Jul 5, 2007 8:00 AM

Mar 2007
The lamb is <3. I agree with iwub - definitely reminded me of a good-version of CCS :D *hides from CCS lovers*

kedex did a good job with this, better than they did with kamichama.
Jul 5, 2007 6:06 PM
Apr 2007
ReverseHarem said:
I agree with iwub - definitely reminded me of a good-version of CCS :D *hides from CCS lovers*

ccs is amazing...kerberos has more epic win in one of his wings than this entire episode did... >:(

i'm not liking this series at all so far...sumomo = annoying to me...i agree with baman and windy on this...i don't like her voice and seriously, who the hell cries after spilling water on someone? if her excessive crying keeps up, i'm sure to drop this...not only that, this series is way too cute for my tastes...the chibi scenes, sumomo's overly kawaii voice and personality, and even yuki-chan (the lamer version of lambo from ketekyo hitman reborn, imo) felt like an overdose on cuteness factor...a lot of the charcters felt pretty shallow to me as well...

i can definitely see why some people really like this but i can definitely see others that really hate it...this just isn't appealing to me...i'll watch a few more episodes to see if it gets better since i don't want to judge it too quickly...the next episode does look promising and i want to see the blue haired girl with glasses... :D
Jul 11, 2007 10:35 PM

Jan 2007
Good episode. It was very cute and had chibi's. thats always a plus in my book. looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 12, 2007 1:17 AM

Jan 2007
windy said:
can't wait for sumomo vs. random hot evil chick action!

That was a girl? I must not know my genders anymore if so.
It was like a mix of Sumomo <-- the redhaired guy looked like Hanzo, Zatch Bell <-- book of spells, & CCS. But the characters were cute & the lamb i couldn`t get enough of. <3
Jul 12, 2007 2:05 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm pretty sure that's a guy.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 12, 2007 4:43 PM

Feb 2007
For some reason, when I first saw Yuki-lamb, I thought of Negi from Negima. I think it was the glasses and eyes...

Anyway, I'll be watching this series. But I do find Sumomo's incessant crying annoying.

And totally didn't realize her staff was a spoon until she caught the stardrop...

Haha, Sumomo is voiced by the same person who voiced Jun in Happiness.
AsrialysJul 12, 2007 4:49 PM
Jul 13, 2007 6:30 AM
May 2007
Waa~~ so kawaii!
Loved this series, i need to watch ep 2. >_>;

I laught a lot at the cosplay thing. lol
a
Jul 16, 2007 12:38 AM

Oct 2006
I'm not sure about this one, but the lamb is pretty hilarious.
Oct 12, 2008 5:34 PM

May 2008
*topic revival*
SO FREAKING MOE.

I love the art style.

And dropped in a weird place? Huh?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 28, 2008 11:44 AM

Feb 2008
this show is a lot like nonoha, well it gives you the impression. only more MOE. i hate using that word though it sounds so... anyways. i like it so far so ill watch it through.
Mar 23, 2009 12:57 AM

Dec 2008
I found this show by chance while I was searching for an character of an anime game.
Sumumo crashes my cute-o-meter

The opening theme is nice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2009 8:24 PM

Apr 2008
rawrs ... Mahou shoujo xD

Dec 21, 2013 10:14 PM

Jan 2010
The magical staff is a spoon...?

But yeah, aside from that, definitely some cutesy stuff. No complaints so far.
Mar 12, 2014 12:56 AM

Jan 2008
Just finished this episode about 30 mins ago and this is what I think

Well when I was watching this the first thing I thought after the book+Sheep came flying through the window though was it reminded me of Cardcaptors the whole book with a stuffed animal and then when the stuff that she needed to do was revealed then I thought Nanoha but still was thinking Cardcaptors though so yeah

But aside from that the 2 major problems I had with this was how annoying Sumomo is with the voice n how much she cries over such little things

But Sheep was funny and really a Spoon Staff that was kinda.........retarded looking but I get the reason why though
Jul 31, 2016 4:01 AM

Feb 2014
Well that was adorable.

Not bad for a first episode, had some pretty funny moments. Already shares a lot of similarities with Nanoha. Interested to see how the whole rivalry unfolds.

Knowing that Tsuwwabuki gets turned into a stuffed animal, I saw the whole drink thing with the ears guy unfold and was like "oh dang! Your normal life is going to change soon!" I wonder if the ears guy who had the drink was the same being as that dog silhouette we saw with future rival. Seems pretty probable since transformation is supposed to be normal on the other world.

I don't really like how Sumomo's voice is ridiculously high and she always has a red face. Good she was super excited to help out Yuki. But lol she has to catch the star drops with a spoon? xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2020 5:31 PM

Dec 2019
Very cute- I didn't really expect the voices to sound like that but its not bad. Kind of funny how he got turned into a stuffed animal and he isn't allowed to tell her anything about it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsuiro Drops Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 7, 2007

6 by Gree »»
Mar 26, 2017 8:24 PM

Poll: » Nanatsuiro Drops Episode 12 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 5, 2007

21 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 28, 2016 8:55 PM

Poll: » Nanatsuiro Drops Episode 11 Discussion

Faust721 - Sep 28, 2007

4 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 28, 2016 8:14 PM

Poll: » Nanatsuiro Drops Episode 10 Discussion

Faust721 - Sep 19, 2007

5 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 28, 2016 7:35 PM

Poll: » Nanatsuiro Drops Episode 8 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 2, 2007

9 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 25, 2016 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.