Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 12, 2010 7:23 AM

Jul 2008
this is a mix of Wagaya no Oinari-sama and Haruhi..and Manami is somehow like the red-haired childhood friend of Kannagi's Mikuriya Jin :) I feel sorry for the boy cuz every1 around him is part of some sort of organization(just like in Haruhi) anyway I don't think this anime will stand out but it is not bad at all
HRisaJul 12, 2010 12:49 PM
Jul 12, 2010 7:34 AM

Jan 2008
Mix of Mahoromatic and Sora no Otoshimono for me.

It's alright so far I guess, pretty typical though.
Jul 12, 2010 8:31 AM
Nov 2009
I think it was a bit weird. Really the coincidence of stuff is just way out of the line.
Dont really like the mani protoganist too, a bit lame to tell the truth. Nothing really special about it too though, hot alien chick, lame guy, fights. Itll have to do more to impress me.
Jul 12, 2010 8:36 AM

Jan 2010
Lessee now:

Pathetic male protagonist who can't take jokes or alcohol
Airheaded nekomimi alien
Childhood friend w/guns and apparent military connections
Fanatical, over concerned teacher with connections to terrorism
Quite glasses girl torn between crush on protagonist and orders to eliminate targets.

So far, it seems like this is both done to death and, at the same time, still interesting enough for me not to drop.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jul 12, 2010 9:23 AM
Nov 2007
First impression, cat-girl alien with big tits is alright, but one thing that I will definitely come for more is the very detailed of the GUNS and some politic/terrorist plot. Gun lover out there will be please to see this. A bit of spoiler but the list of the gun in first ep is listed here:
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Asobi_ni_Ikuyo!
Jul 12, 2010 9:26 AM

Nov 2008
The only reason I started this was because i saw a screencap of the main girl and though she was exceptionally hot. That's what it takes to get me to watch n anime in this genre.

Anyway, now that I have watched it. It's pretty generic, but cool at the same time. The secondary harem are all in organisations of some sort trying to capture the alien and all of the archetypes used are ones I like, especially Manami and her tomboy appeal.

It's not going to get a high score, it will be lucky to get a 6, if I am honest, but I think I am going to enjoy it nevertheless for having a harem where almost all the girls appeal to my tastes (no overly moe pink-haired girl is a MASSIVE plus).
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Jul 12, 2010 10:35 AM

Jul 2009
^
Rainbow is not crap.

As for this anime, I have to say it's a bit interesting. At the moment, there is no harem whatsoever but there is potential for it. At the moment, it feels more like CSI than anything, which is quite refreshing in the anime world with this type of artwork especially. I can't wait to see where this goes.
Jul 12, 2010 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
It's so generic it's attractive.
Jul 12, 2010 1:14 PM

Jun 2009
seems interesting enough, ill probably follow up on this one
Jul 12, 2010 1:36 PM
Mar 2009
Animation was AMAZING! HOT ASS GIRLS! It is nice to know that this anime has secret organizations which is AWESOME!@ 2nd best anime this season, behind HSOTD.
Jul 12, 2010 2:33 PM

Sep 2007
lolwtf at the secret spai organization parts. Eris needs less clothes.
Jul 12, 2010 2:49 PM

Jul 2010
Strongly reminds me of To-Love-Ru, hopefully with a better story though. I'll give it a chance.

Jul 12, 2010 2:53 PM

May 2010
7/10
The plot hasn't made any sense so far, and seems to keep together due to chewing gum and plain luck.

They're trying to foreshadow it's entire plot Canaan style while at the same time being Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou. Eris = Keena.
Jul 12, 2010 3:18 PM

May 2010
Onyxthegreat said:
Strongly reminds me of To-Love-Ru, hopefully with a better story though. I'll give it a chance.

I STRONGLY AGREE. Lala just loves to sneak into Rito's bed..
Jul 12, 2010 3:32 PM
Feb 2009
So uhm basically everyone is going on a brawl to get her
Jul 12, 2010 3:35 PM

Feb 2010
uppfinnarn said:
7/10
The plot hasn't made any sense so far, and seems to keep together due to chewing gum and plain luck.

They're trying to foreshadow it's entire plot Canaan style while at the same time being Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou. Eris = Keena.

I agree.. it doesnt make any sense... but..lets take this into account:

1. its just the first episode.
2. If you watched the preview.. you could tell that it was probably headed in that direction.

I like this style.. like Ive said before.. reminds me of To-Love-Ru and Kanokon..first episode didnt let me down.. I expected more fanservice.. but.. then again there was plenty..

I remember speaking with someone about a "uncensored" airing later.. uh.. I dont know what you would have really censored lol.. it was really tame compared to some other animes lately..

This will be a fun one to watch..
Jul 12, 2010 3:57 PM

Jun 2009
kinda ecchi but there seems to be deeper story plot to it^^~..

I'll do things just like you Yakuza!
Jul 12, 2010 4:18 PM

Nov 2009
The fact that it is an ecchi harem is displeasing. The fact that the there is at least one awesome female member who conjures weapons out of thin air and is immortal, or something, is awesome.

I find the fact that his teacher is a terrorist, neighbor is a secret agent, and friend is a mysterious being a bit ridiculous. However we have neko mimi girl who fell from outer space so right now i just welcome the capacity of the plot.
Jul 12, 2010 5:03 PM

Feb 2009
I thought it would be much worse actually. It's worth another epd, but I don't see me going far.
Jul 12, 2010 5:33 PM

Jun 2010
Wow....I watched this expecting it to be really crappy, but somehow it was pretty enjoyable. Really reminds me of To-Love-Ru and Sora no Otoshimono. Probably will follow this one.
Jul 12, 2010 5:40 PM

Feb 2010
Omfg this might jst be a new fav for me, hawt alien kitty grl, nerdy guy with 3 hawt friends who r secretly spies of sum sort omg i must have 2nd ep!!!
Jul 12, 2010 6:18 PM

Oct 2009
Wow! I had extremely low expectations for this one, but I enjoyed it! The cat girl was so cute, and the animation/artwork was so detailed, I have never seen guns and cars drawn so accurately, and didn't expect it to be THAT well animated considering it's an ecchi (And hopefully the quality will stay this way all the way through!). Excited to see where it goes, will stick around to see how everything develops.

Also lol at A&W!
Jul 12, 2010 6:38 PM

Oct 2008
Well, I was pleasantly surprised by the first episode of Asobi Ni Iku Yo. The animation was nice, and the first five minutes were action packed, and made me feel like I was playing Mass Effect 2, lol.

So, I'm going to keep on watching this series. :)
Jul 12, 2010 6:43 PM

Jan 2010
This was actually much better than I expected it to be. So much gun service~ I definitely like the suit girl (and her suit) better than the neko mimi.
Jul 12, 2010 6:44 PM

Jun 2010
Nevermind, pretty nice, lots of females, some are different. Granted the male lead isnt exactly very outstanding, at least he doesnt appear to be the typical weak harem male lead. Couldve gone without the cat ears and tail, but still I guess theres a fanbase for it.

So Eris is S Ranked, im assuming thats pretty good. I liked Aoi the best from the first episode, typical right, but then again the other are a terrorist and a spy right. Nice amount of violence and action.

Not an amazing harem, but it looks different and considering the genre, thats pretty rare.
SkyFadeJul 12, 2010 7:26 PM
Jul 12, 2010 7:02 PM

Dec 2009
KuroDubZero said:
Alien cat girl with hugs boobs, terrorists and a random chick with super powers. I'm instrested to see how this plot develops.

Took the thoughts right from my head

code geass s2 : darker than black : free! es :
haikyuu!! : inaire : kurobas 2 : mikagura : znt
animemanga

Jul 12, 2010 7:05 PM

Mar 2010
Saw the first episode:

Generic harem animu that's 50% scifi. But, like ShukuChamp, it could've been worse.

Atleast the male lead didn't get his but kicked. But I'd still like for him to have a male voice actor. Who IS AIC+ trying to kid, anyway?
Jul 12, 2010 10:37 PM

Dec 2009
not to sure about this anime, might have to watch another episode of it or 2.

just hoping it brings something new on the table
Jul 12, 2010 10:55 PM
Nov 2009
At first it felt like any other ecchi harem show, but it seems like it actually has a decent plot, i hope it wont dissappoint.
Jul 12, 2010 11:22 PM

Apr 2010
Am I the only one that thinks the male lead's voice sounds so damn similar to Joey from Heroman?
Jul 13, 2010 12:14 AM

May 2007
Futaba is voiced by hanazawa kana :3

Jul 13, 2010 12:30 AM

Jun 2008
This anime can fool the naked eyes.

I was expecting another MEH To-Love-Ru, but I got another "Iriya no sora, UFO no Natsu"

I just hope the ecchiness won't overshadow the DRAMA part of it, cause I want another Iriya no Sora

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 13, 2010 12:32 AM

Dec 2008
wtf this makes no sense.
Why is it that no one questions the existence of a cat girl in this anime? I can maybe understand the neighbor, the teacher, and Aoi as it looks like they belong to some secret organizations that may have intelligence on these "aliens", but neither the male lead nor anybody at that party seemed to question eris's cat ears and tail. are aliens and cat-girls supposed to be commonplace in the universe in which this anime is set? Her ears and tail are finally questioned by not the person that invited her to their home, nor the person who just slept in the same bed with her, but the teacher and neighbor who probably already know exactly what she is. Ive never felt so lost, EVER.

The conversation at the party (according to TZM's subs):
Eris: I forgot to store food on my ship and almost starved then Aura-san told me...
Kio: Aura? You mean my cat? I was wondering where it went.

HELLO!! she just said she could talk to your cat, and that is your reaction? The first words out of my mouth would be "WHY do you have a fucking tail? What the hell are you?" Does this series throw common sense out the window or am i possibly missing something with these subs, Im kinda wary of TZM seeing as they just started this season.

EDIT: I tried going back and watching the first half of the episode in hopes of explanation or the possibility that I missed something, but Im still confused please someone explain, is it the subs or is it the anime?
Jimb0Jul 13, 2010 12:45 AM
Jul 13, 2010 1:05 AM
Feb 2010
JLeaber said:
wtf this makes no sense.
Why is it that no one questions the existence of a cat girl in this anime? I can maybe understand the neighbor, the teacher, and Aoi as it looks like they belong to some secret organizations that may have intelligence on these "aliens", but neither the male lead nor anybody at that party seemed to question eris's cat ears and tail. are aliens and cat-girls supposed to be commonplace in the universe in which this anime is set? Her ears and tail are finally questioned by not the person that invited her to their home, nor the person who just slept in the same bed with her, but the teacher and neighbor who probably already know exactly what she is. Ive never felt so lost, EVER.

The conversation at the party (according to TZM's subs):
Eris: I forgot to store food on my ship and almost starved then Aura-san told me...
Kio: Aura? You mean my cat? I was wondering where it went.

HELLO!! she just said she could talk to your cat, and that is your reaction? The first words out of my mouth would be "WHY do you have a fucking tail? What the hell are you?" Does this series throw common sense out the window or am i possibly missing something with these subs, Im kinda wary of TZM seeing as they just started this season.

EDIT: I tried going back and watching the first half of the episode in hopes of explanation or the possibility that I missed something, but Im still confused please someone explain, is it the subs or is it the anime?

I think it is because up until that point everyone is either drunk, or seeing Eris as being a Gaijin Cosplayer. So the teacher is the only sober/socially conservative one to show up. That's my guess.
Jul 13, 2010 1:24 AM

Dec 2008
wildcatpilot said:

I think it is because up until that point everyone is either drunk, or seeing Eris as being a Gaijin Cosplayer. So the teacher is the only sober/socially conservative one to show up. That's my guess.

Honestly that was close to what i was thinking until i rewatched and saw that Kio was not drunk and in the next scene he tried to explain to his teacher and neighbor that the cat ears and tail were not some fetish but that they were really attached to her, like he was trying to justify the situation.
Jul 13, 2010 4:04 AM

May 2008
ReaperEXE said:
I am reminded too much of Ookami Kakushi... Dammit AIC, why do you have to destroy nearly everything you touch...? Male (faggot) harem lead surrounded by (and afraid of) several beautiful women, and he takes 0 initiative to end up with either. Essentially the tl;dr of most AIC works. Oh well, not the worst thing I've seen all season.

Same thought.... this is like holo in sora no otoshimono kinda costume....even story a bit similar.
Jul 13, 2010 4:40 AM

Jun 2008
Anyone felt that this is like Iriya no Sora, UFO no NAtsu?

or is it just me?...lol

Jul 13, 2010 8:23 AM

Apr 2009
After studied Eris abit, did it hit me her face looks abit like Holo from Spice and Wolf.
Jul 13, 2010 8:39 AM

Nov 2008
kaimax said:

or is it just me?...lol
Your memory must be really vague on that animu. This is nothing like that. I am sure you would agree if you remember.
Jul 13, 2010 9:30 AM
Jun 2008
Everyone around Kakazu Kio are very suspicious >.<
I think this Anime will end up becoming something similar to Bacanno in the end........it is just my speculation LOL
Jul 13, 2010 12:25 PM
Jun 2010
The cat girl looks like the wolf girl from spice and wolf.

When I thought I had my dose of big boobs from HOTD, I see this...

Nevertheless, the show has potential. Magic, guns, organizations, aliens and a dork as the main protagonist. Let's hope they won't screw it.

Jul 13, 2010 1:39 PM

Jan 2010
Really weird intro. A girl with fox ears and a tail just lands in front of them and they don't really mind it at all.... Then she comes over and sleeps with the guy. And through it all, I don't even remember the characters' names.
Jul 13, 2010 2:02 PM

Dec 2008
d4n13lr0x said:
Really weird intro. A girl with fox ears and a tail just lands in front of them and they don't really mind it at all.... Then she comes over and sleeps with the guy. And through it all, I don't even remember the characters' names.

Thank god someone else noticed, I was beginning to question myself, as it took 4 pages of this thread until I finally pointed it out. My guess is that everyone in this anime is high, maybe i should smoke a bowl before watching the next episode.
Jul 13, 2010 2:22 PM

Jun 2010
Oh come on its an ecchi/harem, when is there any logical thought process in these, I mean look at To Love Ru, you touch an aliens breasts and youre engaged, and she has a demon tail, Onegai Teacher, the guy looks 18 years old trapped in a 15 year old body and marries an 20 something alien teacher, and then look at others like Otoshimono and Sekirei. I get it, it be nice if there were explanations so wed be in better tune with the characters but still, considering the genre, they arent trying to appeal the the those devoted to plots.
Jul 13, 2010 3:22 PM

Oct 2009
JLeaber said:
d4n13lr0x said:

Thank god someone else noticed, I was beginning to question myself, as it took 4 pages of this thread until I finally pointed it out. My guess is that everyone in this anime is high, maybe i should smoke a bowl before watching the next episode.

Also, can anyone explain why she has a total of FOUR ears (2 animal & 2 human) ? That's just weird.
Jul 13, 2010 3:24 PM

Jul 2010
SurferDude said:
JLeaber said:
d4n13lr0x said:

Also, can anyone explain why she has a total of FOUR ears (2 animal & 2 human) ? That's just weird.

Indeed, it makes her look more like a cosplayer than an actual cat-alien. Maybe that was their intention, but yes, it is indeed kinda weird.
OnyxthegreatJul 13, 2010 3:34 PM

Jul 13, 2010 6:21 PM

May 2009
Seems like a fun anime. First episode was a pleasant surprise and more interesting than I had expected.
Jul 13, 2010 7:42 PM

Jun 2008
Maximatum99 said:
kaimax said:

or is it just me?...lol
Your memory must be really vague on that animu. This is nothing like that. I am sure you would agree if you remember.

Besides the difference in the level of ecchiness....obviously (heck iriya no sora has Nipples...)

Do you think that the secret military drama will sound similar, but in a reverse way?

Jul 13, 2010 10:10 PM

May 2009
It was awesome (in my opinion)
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 13, 2010 10:50 PM

Nov 2008
kaimax said:
Maximatum99 said:
kaimax said:

or is it just me?...lol
Besides the difference in the level of ecchiness....obviously (heck iriya no sora has Nipples...)

Do you think that the secret military drama will sound similar, but in a reverse way?
Putting it in a "reverse" way of thinking is really sketchy but I guess, basically it seems so.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 25, 2010

166 by xLazuline »»
May 28, 2023 1:53 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShinRA - Sep 4, 2010

95 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 7, 2010

81 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 26, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 28, 2010

65 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 2, 2023 11:31 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 24, 2010

100 by CEOofLala »»
Sep 7, 2022 6:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.