Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2007 3:45 AM
Apr 2006
ahm…might as well use this…;)

Half of the series is over and finally all of the charas in the main picture have appeared :D what do you think of the new guy? bit of a sissy boy, ne?^^ but i’ll give him some time to develop…how he managed to get through the exams is a bit of a mystery…and Keith and Swena aging and the Mu staying the same is very intersting
Mu generation conflict continues…was rather sad when whats-his name died *sigh* and poor Jomy has to decide what to do next. Maybe the two groups finally meet next ep…? :)

meh. now…Tony cuteness~

Jul 3, 2007 4:14 AM

Oct 2006
You win :D

The new guy, Matsuka.. well like you said he's a weakling personality related (And I'm almost sure he has the same VA as Raki from Claymore... though it's not on ANN yet I think...) Still, seems Keith as taken an interest in him for some reason...
Swena changed a lot too, for better ^^. Looking forward to see more of her.
I'm loving how the series manages to bring new conflicts at each ep too.

Has for the boy... there's something odd about him.. They way he spoked in Jomy's head with that "aged" voiced made me wonder...a lot... but I'll leave that for later
And it's likely that the first face to face between Jomy and Keith happens in the next ep. indeed.. Looking forward to it.
Oct 29, 2007 2:59 PM

Jun 2007
Matsuka is weirdo and his eyes are scary, maybe Keith want him around so he can replace Shiroe :S
i just hope they are not going to kill all the young ppl on Nazca
Aug 17, 2008 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
The introduction of Matsuka! :D

This is the second time I'm watching this and I'm finding that scene in which Keith shoots Matsuka really unintentionally funny.
Nov 22, 2008 12:14 AM

Mar 2008
Totally thought Matsuka was a girl...

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Jan 22, 2009 6:12 AM

Aug 2007
The conflict between the younger generation and older generation of Mu people is very interesting, and it's very easy to see that both of their perspectives are legitimate. It's tough being Soldier!
Jul 6, 2011 10:39 PM

Nov 2009
Mu people are very interesting as always. cant blame the younglings or being selfish in taht way though. tony...hmmmm very peculiar. looking forward to more of him. matsuka is soooo obviously a replacement for shiroe cuz keith felt so guilty about killing him. another 3 year time skip??? this is great. yayyyy for suena stopping being completely useless. im glad sam is kind of out of the picture tho. didnt like him.

lets see whats next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2011 6:39 PM

Oct 2010
I hope Swena grows badass. Am I the only one that thought Tony has some kind of connection with Shiroe..? Lol, no. Poor Yui, come on, last epi he was a father, next he's gone, how realistic can this be.

Yep, agreed that Matsuka is sooo very much a replacement. Or a tool to make Keith understands Mu better.

And the young-old conflict... lol in my country it is one of the most popular conflict, even the country' independence was based on the youth's desire to seize control over the colonials, with the old people standing idle and saying 'wait'. It ends up that the old people were kidnapped by the young uns to some remote place to make and sign the independence Proclamation text. Lol so familiar.
Sep 22, 2011 6:06 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sam's not dead? How the devil did he survive that?

Keith is a badass.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 27, 2012 2:07 PM

Jun 2008
Dafug, not only did Sam survive, he ironically have the memories of the ones erased by Mother?

Ah man I have no idea what is going on anymore.

And another time skip.

It looks like they're targeting all the macro-level social issues here, lol.

Tony looks like an epic character in the making.

Keith's second shot was hilarious.

Man this show give off a rather awkward vibe of yaoi when Keith is involved, rofl.
Jan 28, 2013 9:17 AM
Aug 2011
Oh it's getting tense.

-Yui dead
-Sam completely losing it
-Keith and all kinds of tension with Matsuka
- Eder's vs. young people
-Tony
Jun 14, 2013 5:17 PM
Jan 2009
Tachii said:

Man this show give off a rather awkward vibe of yaoi when Keith is involved, rofl.

LOL!! I just came on MAL to check the tags on this to see if Shounen Ai was there because of this episode...
Oct 25, 2013 9:23 PM

Nov 2009
So the younger generation has decided to break away from them . . . That can't end well. In fact, I'm sure it won't. I just fear that the others leave them there, and right afterwards Keith arrives to the planet and slaughters them all . . . I wouldn't put it past him.
Jun 8, 2014 6:18 AM

Jan 2013
Ah....clash of the generations.
Hopefully we have all the pieces in the puzzle. Things should get more lively from now.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jul 1, 2014 12:10 PM

Aug 2010
Terra e shows how tough it is to be a leader. It's going to be a hard decision for Jomy to make. He has to decide between the older generation and the younger one. Finding a solution to solve both conflicts is going to be a difficult one.
May 12, 2015 9:03 PM

Jan 2010
So far, watching the characters grow over the course of the series has been a great joy, in spite of all the dramatic moments. Still, they were somewhat unavoidable when dealing with the passage of decades. As far as I've seen, this show hasn't been a show about events, but how characters react to them. Because of this, it requires a lot of investment in the characters themselves, rather than what's happening around them. Otherwise, it would become a waiting game for something grand to happen, and nothing of the sort has come yet.

I'm certainly enjoying myself, but this isn't a show to be watched half-heartedly. It's heavy, but that's because there's a lot of weight to its kind of drama - the passage of time and how that affects people and their relationships with one another. Of course, I could have done without the plot of mind wiping and superpowers, instead having it be just people traveling through space, but alas, I'm neither a director nor writer. I can see why Towards the Terra is rated as it is, so I wouldn't want to mess with its formula.
Mar 1, 2016 2:47 AM
Aug 2011
I hate Swena just so much. The way she said "I divorced"...ugh corrupt b*tch.
Also the way Keith handled Matsuka I totally though he is going to rape him o.O"
Sep 21, 2016 8:33 PM

Jul 2010
Another timeskip...really? Lets just have timeskips every episode so the human enemies die of old age instead.
Jan 29, 2017 1:13 PM

Apr 2014
so 16 years have passed in total..meaning they're 30. so old :'(

oh wow looks like Sam isn't dead, but in a child like state. i wonder if that means he still knows Jomy as a friend.

looks like Keith is much more strict and cold than before. can't get over how bad Keith looks, the chin....looks like Suena became a much more interesting character than before

i could definitely sense shounen-ai vibe this episode, well i guess it IS written by Takemiya, the goddess of shounen ai. i wonder if it's even more evident in the manga

hmm Keith had training against Mu powers? interesting, maybe that'll come into play in the future
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2019 10:47 PM

Mar 2014
The youth get lax in a time of peace while the elders know their kind is still being hunted down

That weird telepathy moment with Tony was weird. Hope that wasn't some dark foreshadowing or something

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 13 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 1, 2011

6 by His0kaDevv »»
Mar 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 1 Discussion

Kayrhandros - May 29, 2007

29 by zeroquinze »»
Oct 28, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 22, 2008

84 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 13, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 21 Discussion

puedjies - Feb 8, 2009

15 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 15 Discussion

d388 - Aug 24, 2007

27 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.