Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2010 11:16 AM

Mar 2009
Quick Question. Is this a Seinen?
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 9, 2010 11:20 AM

Sep 2009
kodial said:

Most likely.
Jul 9, 2010 11:22 AM

Mar 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
kodial said:

Most likely.

I'll be giving it a try then, thanks.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 9, 2010 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Trollkastel said:
Haters gonna hate on the best anime of the season.

They're gonna hate on Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin? :P

You must be joking......
Jul 9, 2010 11:38 AM

Jun 2008
I am reading the manga but I still haven't decided if I like it or not. It's not bad for horror.

The anime seems to be following the manga pretty well which is a good thing.
Jul 9, 2010 11:44 AM

Oct 2007
I hate you funimation, dropped
Jul 9, 2010 11:46 AM

Jun 2009
Wait, so this was based on a novel? That explains it. Novels take a good while to get started. When I read the first volume and it bored me to tears. Didn't bother with it after that. However, I have heard things about this story having some good revelations and mystery so I can at least give it the benefit of the doubt. A great mystery needs a great setting and settings need time to be built up. Besides there is feck all else to watch this season so I might as well stick this in the cart.

I have no problems with the female character designs but the males.....seriously what the hell? Anyway I hope that the villains look much scarier in this than they did in the manga. Because the first villain I saw in the manga looked downright stupid.

And Uzumaki was pretty good but still flawed.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jul 9, 2010 11:47 AM

Jan 2008
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Trollkastel said:

People and their bad taste.
Jul 9, 2010 11:56 AM

Sep 2009
I agree, Uzumaki wasn't perfect or anything. It's just the only horror manga that has ever scared the shit out of me. From a storytelling perspective it was OK, but from a horror perspective it has still yet to be topped, in my book.

Why wouldn't I be serious about Seikimatsu?
Jul 9, 2010 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
imo, OP, pictures, composition, were kind of great.

I liked Megumi. Her anxiety to City reminds me of my adolescence . . .
many a man seems to have disliked her, but I think she is cute all the more because she is annoying.
I mean, she is an Uza kawaii person. though Natsuno may well hate her.

btw, Ono Fuyumi is really... awesome, I think
Twelve Kingdoms, Ghost Hunt, and Shiki, they are quite different from each other

Before

After
Jul 9, 2010 12:22 PM

Feb 2010
Wow real good 1st ep all dark and mysterious xO kant wait for next ep!
Jul 9, 2010 1:22 PM

Apr 2010
I liked it! Want to know more about that mysterious family. :3

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jul 9, 2010 1:52 PM

Dec 2008
It's definitely got me interested. It was a bit slow, but I can see good potential. The
character design will take some getting used to though.
Jul 9, 2010 2:00 PM

Nov 2009
Interested. However i wasn't overly amused. I liked the somewhat carefree attitude the episode had, but since they focused on Megumi we can't assume much since we don't know anything about the living villagers.
Fai said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Trollkastel said:

You must be joking......

The fact that you are responding to a person who has TROLL in his name might be a clue as to what is going on. This isn't the place to discuss other shows, and it would be pointless to make a decision on the best anime of the season when only one episode has been released.
Jul 9, 2010 2:20 PM

May 2010
introduce characters and sightseeing village was boring... but atmosphere starting be interesting ;]

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jul 9, 2010 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Trollkastel said:

Yes :P

But they'll hate on this too.
Jul 9, 2010 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
Meh I wasn't too impressed. The setting is all pretty, but the character designs are ugly :P
Jul 9, 2010 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
First half was derp.

Second half was cool.

Thank god they killed that annoying pink haired girl. God, she was annoying.
I gotta feeling his isn't the last time we're gonna see her though...

4/5
Kinda looking forward to moar.
Jul 9, 2010 3:21 PM

Sep 2007
A very interesting start but the character designs are just terrible.
Jul 9, 2010 3:33 PM

Aug 2009
Huh. Surprised to see so much dislike at the character designs. I thought they weren't that bad.
Jul 9, 2010 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
I liked it; glad megumi died, though I knew she was going to die beforehand (was told).

I like the art style, and the plot seems okay. It's noitaminA so :>

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Jul 9, 2010 3:59 PM

Aug 2008
I think someone mentioned that the creator who wrote this also authored Ghost Hunt. That's what immediately came to mind by the end of the episode. I hoped that the show would be more like GH than Higurashi. Hopefully DEEN can pick up some new tricks and deliver the show in a way less predictable than what they've been doing recently.

That said, this episode was kind of bad. I felt like it was introducing a lot of intriguing things, but did it in the worst way possible, leaving me disengaged.
Jul 9, 2010 4:01 PM

Oct 2009
Chars are definitely far too moe for this anime..

I watched this at night and it was still boring as hell. If nothing will change in the next episode I will drop it immediately.
Jul 9, 2010 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
Weird mood they set with the first episode. It went through a couple weeks, but nothing really happened.

I know this is horrible, but I just kept waiting for the annoying Megumi to die. Yuuki has no personality at all, it's decided he can die next.

I hope the story progresses next week and we don't just learn about another boring characters life before they get killed.
Jul 9, 2010 4:13 PM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:
Hopefully DEEN can pick up some new tricks and deliver the show in a way less predictable than what they've been doing recently.

This isn't by DEEN. :/
Jul 9, 2010 4:26 PM

Aug 2008
It's not? I could have sworn that was the reason why I was hesitant to pick this up

<checks anime page>
Weird

<checks Summer Prospects list>
Ahhh...I was confusing this with Nurarihyon no Mago. Shiki's underneath it in that picture thing.

In that case, I just hope it doesn't flop.
Jul 9, 2010 4:56 PM

Apr 2009
European style mansion far away from the main village? Vampires! It has to be vampires.

Also, the show's got the Higurashi vibe, though yes, I'd prefer if it'll be more like Ghost Hunt.
NilviusJul 9, 2010 5:02 PM
Jul 9, 2010 5:14 PM

Jan 2009
Ximinez said:
Boring first episode. I guess there will be some vampires living in european style house preying on villagrs. Also character design gets on my nerves (who the hell draw that hair?).

i agree
Jul 9, 2010 5:25 PM

Apr 2009
Those are some crazy hairstyles..
Jul 9, 2010 6:38 PM

Sep 2009
hasyly said:
Chars are definitely far too moe for this anime..
They really should not have done this on their hair...its just looks odd.

Yay Megumi is dead! That annoying piece of trash hair....so the vampires sucked away her soul instead of blood?

For some reason the cranium effects in the opening got me a little intrigued..for a 1st episode not that bad.
Jul 9, 2010 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
I would be creeped out too if some bratty girl kept persistently staring at me through my window every night. I remember not enjoying the first chapter of the manga because of Megumi and it was the same here as well. I'm just as apathetic as Yuuki was regarding her death, if not slightly glad that they could now focus on someone else.

Decent start, but I'm sure things will get much better. Love the OP sequence and the manga to anime conversion went very well. I find the character designs very appealing, save for a few.
Jul 9, 2010 6:43 PM

Apr 2009
Oh..mg. What did I just watch...!?

SO... FJUHEAGGMKAE.... UGLYYYYY and TERRIBLE and...
I mean.
The character designs are HORRIBLE. Is that's why this is called a "horror" anime?

This shows feels too childish for me and made me really disappointed :(
Jul 9, 2010 6:59 PM

Aug 2008
Interesting show and I don't think I've ever been so confused by an opening.

And dammit all! She just had to die on the first episode! PoorMegumi. And unlike most people, I actually liked her.

Jul 9, 2010 7:15 PM

Jul 2009
Promising first episode although it much like an introduction of cast & the village surrounding.But it did a good job setting up mood & mystery that occur in this episode.I have no problem with character design at all & it quite refreshing to see the different design for each character that distinct with normal people in the village.I've read quite a bit of the manga, and I thought this was less confusing, even though it surely was a bit confusing.

This scene is random & hilarious xD

It sad because just with the bizarre character design & story is quite slow paced people avoiding this show like other NoitaminA show :/
Guess people like too much mainstream show than this.
Jul 9, 2010 7:23 PM

Aug 2009
I hope they actually explain something in the next episodes. It shouldn't be a girl walking up a hill, hearing a bunch of chanting voices, and then dying. That's not scary at all.
Jul 9, 2010 7:36 PM

May 2008
What!! im i the only one that thinks that its sad that megumi died! D:
just like that D:
Jul 9, 2010 7:38 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, I gotta say, it's not as great as the authors previous work, but then again it's only the first episode.

Last 10 minutes or so of the episode really got me interested in it. Might even consider reading the manga. :>
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 9, 2010 7:55 PM

Dec 2008
This was a pretty interesting first episode.
I didn't think it was /that/ slow, I mean it could have been worse.

Love the character designs. Very unique and stands out from the usual styles. c:
DeviantART: apple-seed.deviantart.com
Jul 9, 2010 8:06 PM

May 2010
There are some character designs I think are amazing (Toshio Ozaki, Seishin Muroi) and some I think are terrible (Megumi Shimizu, that girl that was following her around. I'll never remember her name.)
Toshio Ozaki's awesomeness will keep me watching.
Jul 9, 2010 8:09 PM

May 2009
wow alot of people think this first ep.is slow and the art is bad...
i loved it!! both of them. they don't wanna give away a whole lot in the beginning and thats understandable....i think iam the only one who liked megumi too...^^
oh well.
i mean it aint already giving you action lilke high school of the dead cause their already killing zombies and Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin already involved some spirit thing with the dad but shiki has a longer way to go so of course i understand just introducing the characters and giving you a look at the first small crime. i think its going at a nice pace.
i give it a 5/5 cause i want to see more.

Jul 9, 2010 8:16 PM

Aug 2009
whoa
Jul 9, 2010 8:27 PM
Jul 9, 2010 9:08 PM

Nov 2007
Kind of boring. Gotta get used to the drawing style, too. And what's up with the guy with the blue ears? Not really "vampire" like. Is he a servant of the vampires or something?

Anyway, am glad Megumi died, she was really fucking annoying. I imagine she'll come back as a vampire next ep or something, so she'll probably still be around. (Damn.)

The OP was really, really weird. I didn't like it for a lot of reasons but I also liked parts of it, leaving me very confused. I liked the whole turning-into-skeletons effect. Hrm.
yamakasiJul 9, 2010 9:13 PM
Jul 9, 2010 9:52 PM

Apr 2010
That's a rather interesting episode, but not that interesting as I expected it to be.
Artstyle is awesome~ I liked it~
The Opening theme is amazing, very well done with it.

Buck-Tick always do amazing OPs ♥

Expecting better on the next episode! ♥
Jul 9, 2010 11:07 PM
Oct 2008
Luchixa said:
wow alot of people think this first ep.is slow and the art is bad...
i loved it!! both of them. they don't wanna give away a whole lot in the beginning and thats understandable....i think iam the only one who liked megumi too...^^
oh well.
i mean it aint already giving you action lilke high school of the dead cause their already killing zombies and Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin already involved some spirit thing with the dad but shiki has a longer way to go so of course i understand just introducing the characters and giving you a look at the first small crime. i think its going at a nice pace.
i give it a 5/5 cause i want to see more.

same here
Jul 9, 2010 11:31 PM
Dec 2009
first ep?

booring.
Jul 9, 2010 11:34 PM

Jan 2009
Liked it. For the first episode, it's all right: they can't begin with the madness right away. Most Horror/Psychological does it. I'm glad that Megumi died. Pretty annoying character.
Jul 9, 2010 11:43 PM

Oct 2008
2/5 for first ep

OP is ok
ED is bad

Annoying girl as a protagonist
Fast paced where it was necessary to be slow and vice versa
I only like the mysterious atmosphere although they could have done it loads better.
Jul 9, 2010 11:53 PM

Jul 2008
so a story about vampires?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 10, 2010 12:45 AM

Dec 2009
Well the vampire part isn't exactly original, but hell, anything is better than the craptastic load of ecchi shows we've been getting. I expect this anime to get a lot darker in the coming weeks.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.