MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shiki Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shiki »» Shiki Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Shiki Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

143 36.11%
4 out of 5: Liked it

136 34.34%
3 out of 5: It was OK

87 21.97%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

18 4.55%
1 out of 5: Hated it

12 3.03%
Voters: 396

07-08-10, 12:52 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An excellent first episode. I loved the atmosphere they set and will eagerly await the 2nd episode.

My favorite summer series so far.

07-08-10, 12:54 PM

omg>< was kinda scary definitely something fishy about the ppl that live in the mansion.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL

07-08-10, 1:09 PM

Shiki is kind of my dark horse pick for the season. I don't really know how it's going to go, but it's certainly interesting enough to keep watching. Definitely think/hope that there'll be some decent nightmare fuel in the series.
Ha-cha!

07-08-10, 1:20 PM

Boring first episode. I guess there will be some vampires living in european style house preying on villagrs. Also character design gets on my nerves (who the hell draw that hair?).

07-08-10, 1:22 PM

First episode looks interesting. It had a trippy OP and animation. Megumi was pretty annoying, hope she doesn't resurrect or anything >.>.Time sure advanced fast in one episode too, from August 2nd to the 15th. There's also the mysterious Kirishiki family. Who would honk their horn like that to ask for directions?
Modified by Kracksickles, 07-08-10, 8:52 PM

07-08-10, 1:25 PM

This anime looks promising. I really enjoy the art style. Megumi got on my nerves for a little while, so I was kinda happy when she died. Although I'm assuming they are going bring her back some how v_v

For me the first episode was too boring =/

It looks somewhat confusing... Not sure if I'll continue this :P

07-08-10, 1:28 PM

Ah, slow paced psychological horror, is there any other kind? Oh wait... In any case, weak first episode, but still, it's just setting the stage, not really gonna change my expectations until we dive further in.

07-08-10, 1:31 PM

I didn't see anything really appealing from this episode. I hope I get a better idea the next episode.
But so far, Occult Academy surpasses this as the better supernatural show for the summer.

07-08-10, 1:39 PM

Sherr said:
I didn't see anything really appealing from this episode. I hope I get a better idea the next episode.
But so far, Occult Academy surpasses this as the better supernatural show for the summer.

ARe you seriously comparing a mainstream comedy series to psychological thriller/horror series like shiki? What is wrong with people nowadays.....

-----------

Loved the first episode. Its good that they stuck with manga and manga designs and did not try to mainstream-ize everything.

The only gripe is that I saw the whole truck-driver scene as mroe of shocking, than they did.

5/5 easily.

This as well as HOTD are the only good shows this season...

07-08-10, 1:42 PM

That was one hell of a head trip. The animation would switch from normal to deranged on the fly. And as per usual, I'm completely entranced into the mystery. (But when is Gackt-sama showing up!?)

So yeah, this, Xros Wars, HOTD and Occult Academy seem to be my main watches this season.

07-08-10, 1:58 PM

okay the first ep sucket

07-08-10, 2:00 PM

Kannei said:
okay the first ep sucket

No this won't have yaoi.

07-08-10, 2:03 PM

xD damn my bad

still this sucks

07-08-10, 2:11 PM

Kannei said:
xD damn my bad

still this sucks
Yeah, this ain't for you.

Kuroshitsuji 2 is more your style.

Leave the psychological/horror stuff to its fans.

I thought Uragiri sucked. But I didn't go into an Uragiri thread just to say that. Cause I wasn't part of the audience it was trying to catch.

07-08-10, 2:13 PM

_Vid_ said:
As long as it'll be better than Ookami Kakushi I don't care. ;p

That's not exactly difficult...

I get why people wouldn't like this. Not an awful lot happens and I doubt anything will happen at any significant pace for quite a while yet.

Placing a bet on what will happen: Most people will drop after a few episodes. Those who stayed on will get treated to a fantastic finale that all causes them to overrate the show and forget the boring earlier episode. Thanks to MAL's system of disreguarding votes from those who didn't watch beyond a certain % of the show's length, this anime will get rated far higher than it deserves
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog

07-08-10, 2:15 PM

There's definitely something wrong with that house. What normal house has that much mist around it?

This is pretty good tho. Megumi died, but she was annoying anyway.

07-08-10, 2:16 PM

5camp said:
_Vid_ said:

I get why people wouldn't like this. Not an awful lot happens and I doubt anything will happen at any significant pace for quite a while yet.

Placing a bet on what will happen: Most people will drop after a few episodes. Those who stayed on will get treated to a fantastic finale that all causes them to overrate the show and forget the boring earlier episode. Thanks to MAL's system of disreguarding votes from those who didn't watch beyond a certain % of the show's length, this anime will get rated far higher than it deserves

Don't expect fast developments.

Its slow psychological series that focuses on atmosphere and characters enduring it.

If they go faithful to manga, the first more major plot development will be around episode ~3 or ~4 and that is a vague idea on what is causing all the stuff.

The feel of series is....imagine sitting in complete dark, with only a handful of people together with you, by the fire, in dark dark forest, with animals howling around. Thats the atmosphere the show is building up.

07-08-10, 2:22 PM

Fai said:
5camp said:
_Vid_ said:

Don't expect fast developments.

Its slow psychological series that focuses on atmosphere and characters enduring it.

If they go faithful to manga, the first more major plot development will be around episode ~3 or ~4 and that is a vague idea on what is causing all the stuff.

The feel of series is....imagine sitting in complete dark, with only a handful of people together with you, by the fire, in dark dark forest, with animals howling around. Thats the atmosphere the show is building up.

I didn't say I expected otherwise. I liked the episode. I just said I understand why others wouldn't like it. Face it, not an awful lot happens to get excited about
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog

Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices