Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 11, 2008 2:04 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So time for ep6.

May 11, 2008 2:06 AM

Mar 2007
w00t for Rolo saving Lelouch's ass ( this sounded wrong..somehow).
So..the OotBK attack Nunnaly's ship , battle in the air , bla bla ,
Guilfords gets new mecha , the Rounds arrives , kick ass ,
another dude of the holy four sword bites it , but we all see that coming thanks to him not being in the opening.
Then Kallen falls to her doom....until Lakshata arrives with a powerboost for her Gurren.
The scene was very awesome. So now gurren III arrives and is all sorts of H4xx .
Suzaku managdes to rescue Nunnally...while Lelouch is saved by Kallen.
Next week , Lelouch will go in despair .

oh and....Charles called V.V "nii-san" O_o....WTF ?!!?!?!?!?!?!

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
May 11, 2008 2:19 AM

Nov 2007
Took you long enough to make the thread. :p

Anyways, Guren Kashoushiki PWNz! Flight? Yes. Gefjun Missiles? Oh Yeah. Fukushahadou BEAM!? Hell yeah!

Way to ruin the sun, Sunrise/Suzaku
May 11, 2008 3:56 AM
Nov 2007
Oh shit! Guren's new upgrade was really good!
WTF moment: "nii-san"

Good episode. :D
radiantfireMay 11, 2008 4:00 AM
May 11, 2008 8:25 AM

Apr 2008
soz that was some sort of joke by somebody
XelzenoMay 11, 2008 10:23 AM
May 11, 2008 8:53 AM

Nov 2007
That was pretty intense.. and I didn't even know what they were talking about X_X
May 11, 2008 9:47 AM
Jan 2008
OMG..omg omg... 20:48, Loyd's "Ni-Paaaaaa" lol'd me to death...
May 11, 2008 10:00 AM

Dec 2007
nice ep.
5 *
May 11, 2008 10:54 AM

Jul 2007
seasaw said:
OMG..omg omg... 20:48, Loyd's "Ni-Paaaaaa" lol'd me to death...

ahahahh xD I pu tit on the loop, for about 30mins lol...from the scene where Karen hits Lancelot till the end of Lloyd's reaction lol...
May 11, 2008 2:52 PM

Aug 2007
*gasps*

Eat that C.C.!!!

Poor Lelouch, theres always something that goes horribly wrong whenever he comes up with something. Don't worry Lulu, you'll get your Nunnally back! No one messes with a sis-con's sister and gets away with it! xD

Very touching Lulu/Nunnally moments, what won the episode for me. Of course there is also the awesome fight over the Pacific, go Guren Kashoushiki!!!
May 11, 2008 2:53 PM

Apr 2008
Lloyd is creepy as usual. :(

+1 point for Rolo's usefulness this time.

Must have episode 7 now though...

May 11, 2008 2:54 PM

Aug 2007
That was a cool and intense episode.

Guren having a sudden powerup was awesome. Rolo saved the day, that was suprising.
May 11, 2008 2:58 PM

Jan 2008
Better than previous one but mirroring first season is getting one my nerves. It felt like deja vu when Lelouch faced Nunnally. A very similar scene when Zero wanted to persuade Suzaku in the first season.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
May 11, 2008 3:03 PM

Aug 2007
Eh I think the mirror was more of Euphemia trying to convince Lulu to join the SAZ/SAR. Zero basically said nothing to persuade Nunnally to join the Order, hell he was even against taking her away for he didn't want to bend Nunnally's will.

This just proves that Lelouch is one hell of a sis-con...xD

May 11, 2008 3:07 PM

Nov 2007
I only say WTF no more since I keep repeating this episode over again
May 11, 2008 3:08 PM

Jun 2007
Oh Lelouch xD Nothing is going right is it? Time to wack another family member I guess ^^
May 11, 2008 3:11 PM

Jan 2008
Nunnally needs to end up getting offed by the emperor or something so Lelouch can finally get serious and stop with all this hesitation moral dilemma BS. If he had even half the conviction that Light (from Death Note) had then he could have easily destroyed the empire by now.

May 11, 2008 3:13 PM

Aug 2007
I liked it, it looks like the black knights will be trying to win more with technology this season than with brute force.
May 11, 2008 3:15 PM

Jul 2007
Great episode, it was nice seeing Kallen kicking some mecha-ass there at the end^^,

die suzaku die suzaku die suzaku die suzakudie suzaku die suzaku die suzaku die suzaku die suzaku die suzaku die suzaku!!!!!!! D:
May 11, 2008 3:31 PM

Aug 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
Nunnally needs to end up getting offed by the emperor or something so Lelouch can finally get serious and stop with all this hesitation moral dilemma BS. If he had even half the conviction that Light (from Death Note) had then he could have easily destroyed the empire by now.

And become a huge douchebag like Light? One of the reasons that people like Lelouch is because he is the exact opposite of Light when it comes to this, people actually matter to Lelouch unlike disposable pawns when it comes to Light.

Go rewatch Death Note if all you care about is watching a character accomplish his goals without a care for the people around him except for himself. Oh yeah, and watch how Light dies like a little bitch while you are at it ;-)

(Not a spoiler since cmon you actually think that Light would actually rule the world?)
May 11, 2008 3:41 PM

Apr 2007
people actually matter to Lelouch unlike disposable pawns when it comes to Light.

lol are you kidding me

Maybe a few people like Nunnally, yeah, but it was the same for Light. He, too, had certain people. They're really not that different at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2008 3:43 PM

Jul 2007
PimpToadOne said:
of the reasons that people like Lelouch is because he is the exact opposite of Light when it comes to this, people actually matter to Lelouch unlike disposable pawns when it comes to Light.

I think the whole point of the chess metaphor that Sunrise has been on and off again shoddily developing is that Lelouch does treat people like pawns. And $10 says he pulls a queen sacrifice to try to check.

Sam is my sweet peach
May 11, 2008 4:07 PM

Sep 2007
Nice episode, looking forward to more :)

And yes, that's all I have to say...

also, inb4 Fangirls/Fanboys.
TrineasMay 11, 2008 4:27 PM

May 11, 2008 4:10 PM

Aug 2007
The people who matter to Lelouch are kept out of harms way for the sake of protecting them, C.C. herself said this. That's where the difference between Lelouch and Light comes in. There is a small number of people that Lelouch deeply cares for, while the rest are just pawns to him. When it comes to Light, he will sell anyone down the line if it helps further his goals or ensures his survival.

Now my view on Light is limited to the amount of DN episodes I've watched (give or take 18) and I've seen him care for no one other than himself and his so called utopia. The irony of Light's character is that if it wasn't for the DN, he would have developed into one of the best police leaders in the world.

Name me an instance of Light actually caring for someone else without any ulterior motive and I'll change my opinion about his character. Since this is the CG forum, go PM it to me or something.

*drops whole Light/Lelouch topic

May 11, 2008 4:22 PM

Jan 2008
the knightmare battles were awsome... but more importantly..

they made suzaku look even MORE LIKE THE WORST PERSON IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSEEE >< turning nunnally against lelouch... 8*(
May 11, 2008 4:29 PM

Apr 2007
PimpToad said:

Now my view on Light is limited to the amount of DN episodes I've watched (give or take 18)

Stopped reading there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2008 4:34 PM

Feb 2008
Nunnally needs to die. Suzaku needs to die. Rollo needs to be acknowledged as coolest character in R2. C.C. needs more screentime. Kallen needs more kick ass battles against three Knights at the same time instead being used only for fanservice.

...And what the hell is wrong with Suzaku? First he offs his family and than he tries to steal other's. He seriously needs to get laid.

Yay for Lloyd. When he said "Curly" (about emperor) at the beginning of the episode I LMAO.
sanjicaMay 11, 2008 4:38 PM
May 11, 2008 4:42 PM

Jun 2007
Another disappointing episode. I'm feeling a bit tired, so I'll just list some points:

Good:

- I liked how Rollo stopped time for Lelouch, allowing him to talk to Nunnally briefly. I had expected Lelouch to simply play dumb - It was nice to be surprised in a good way...for once.

- The action was fairly entertaining.

Bad:

- As expected with S2 being a copy of S1, Nunnally is going to be the Euphemia of S2... More evidence of Sunrise not knowing what the hell they're doing. With Euphemia siding with Suzaku, there's only one way this series is going to end now, and it isn't going to be a happy one for Lelouch.

- Why the hell did Lelouch stand chatting to Nunnally for most of the episode? He could've simply taken her and talked all he wanted later, but he just stood there like an idiot. He then hesitated because, for some reason known only to the writers at Sunrise, Lelouch didn't feel able to reveal his identity to Nunnally, who in all honesty should've been able to know it was her brother due to his voice anyway. I'm not sure if Lelouch's idiocy (never thought I'd say that) or Nunnally being unable to recognise her brothers voice was worse...

- Suzaku saving Nunnally at the end was a 'little' on the predictable side. Who would've guessed it with the amount of retarded stalling that went on during the Lelouch/Nunnally staring contest? Very, very poor writing.

- The submarine randomly appearing and 'dramatically' firing new parts to Kallen was utterly stupid. I expected her to survive; I knew Sunrise don't have the balls to kill off a main character early on, but I didn't expect such a silly 'twist'... I would've rather seen Suzaku save her, which I had expected to happen for some illogical reason.

- The new characters are still completely uninteresting. Anya and Zino (stupid looking mecha) were obviously created without much thought, simply thrown in just for the sake of the show having new characters. I dislike them for being generic pieces of trash.

...*sigh* This show has really gone down south. It's pissing me off more and more each week.
May 11, 2008 4:44 PM

Aug 2007
Neverender said:
PimpToad said:

Now my view on Light is limited to the amount of DN episodes I've watched (give or take 18)

Stopped reading there.

Prove me wrong then. Oh and I've read pretty much every spoiler concerning DN and Light, so take your best shot ;-) Given that I'm only human, I might have missed some things but I'm sure you can correct me ^_^
May 11, 2008 4:48 PM

Apr 2007
Light is unable to kill his sister later in the series, which ends up costing him quite a bit. No one that could be considered important to him is really threatened before the second half of the series.
May 11, 2008 4:58 PM

Aug 2007
Didn't think RORO would get into the picture with that phone call. nice move

basically an orgy of mecha fighting this ep
May 11, 2008 5:11 PM
Dec 2007
To be fair, Lellouch is almost a Light bis. They have approximately the same character and what PimpToad said is false, they are exactly the same as far as other peaople are concerned. You can't say that Light makes his dad die intentionnally and that he doesn't care for him... Well, I'm not a huge fan of either of them, but I find Light being "purer" than Lellouch in the fact that he never hesitates and always does everything 100%, whereas Lellouch is a bit less decisive and, which is more problematic, sometimes puts his personnal ambition before his ideals, what Light rarely does (I mean, he ALWAYS puts first his - biased - sense of justice). That's why, for me, Lulu is a less interesting character than Light. Then again, we can't compare them with, say, Reinhard Von Lohengram and Yang Wenli from Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu ;D

Appart from this very interesting (hum hum) debate, that was probably the weakest episode of the season so far. The script made no real sense, everything was really predictable, and the instant upgrade of the Guren made me laugh. But it seems like the next episode will be great, I can't wait for it.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 11, 2008 5:11 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm but didn't Light basically went power hungry during the 2nd half? Meh whatever, I guess Light might just have a bit of red in his otherwise completely black heart. Lelouch will only be similar to him if he does use and discard Rolo or kill Nunnally (with the former a 50/50 and he would rather die than do the latter).

@aionic

Odd how your post is completely similar to that of another forum...o_O

*Is getting sick of seeing posts about Light/Lelouch CG/DN comparisons, meh why I hate posting in this section of the forums. Go enjoy the discussion everyone*

May 11, 2008 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
if Euphy could recognize Zero that easily ... how did Nunally not? if she really is the euphy of this season I guess we are getting Nunnally and Suzaku as a couple? ugh I hope not. Rolo did look a bit jealous there of Lelouch's relationship with Nunnaly. Too bad we didn't see anything with Viletta this episode.

The highlight was Lashata returning and powering up the Guren. Oh how I wanted to see Kallen take down Suzaku for good, maybe next time. Die suzaku die! they are definitely going to need some back up to stand a chance against the Knights especially after losing a couple more of the holy blades. those Chinese in the opening are going to join the fray soon I'd expect. probably not next episode though as it gives us "Zero In Doubt". Speaking of Zero he was pretty worthless this episode, how long was he just standing there looking at his sister while everyone is fighting? he almost blew it again.

The V.V /Charles relation just got weirder, brothers ? uhhh? and charles is supposed to be young compared to V.V?
May 11, 2008 5:40 PM

Dec 2007
Kallen ownage!

Love how they got upgrades.

That other girl is scary with that big gun.
May 11, 2008 5:59 PM

Jan 2007
that was a pretty cool episode. it was neat to see Rolo get Lelouch out of that trap. And Kallen's upgrade was pretty awesome.

The whole V.V and Emperor thing is getting quite interesting. I am looking forward to learn more about it.
May 11, 2008 6:08 PM

Oct 2007
radiantfire said:
Oh shit! Guren's new upgrade was really good!
WTF moment: "nii-san"

Good episode. :D

I certainly went WTF after hearing that, from the fearsome Emperor XD.

All I can say is that a lot of main characters are getting killed off, to make room for the new ones, but at least we got to see Karen kick some ass even though all the upgrades felt as a bit random "Guren Kashoushiki". But man I feel sorry for Lelouch, having gone that far just to have to all thrown back in his face. I can just predict what will happen next episode. ^_^
May 11, 2008 6:21 PM

Oct 2007
Nunnally is hawt...
Anya is hawt/loli =3
Guren upgrade was hawt...

MOTTO... MOTTO!... MOTTO~!!!!!!!!
Sink... into Darkness!
May 11, 2008 6:27 PM

Mar 2008
wow...awesome episode for kallen, and lloyds stuff made me laugh (nipaaa!!!).
May 11, 2008 6:30 PM

Feb 2008
I HATE SUZAKU!!
May 11, 2008 6:31 PM

Oct 2007
I expected Rolo to save Lelouch. But anyway, Kallen just owned even more this episode :)

May 11, 2008 6:32 PM
Nov 2007
To anyone crying "LIGHT > LELOUCH" or whatever...

Stop trying to think what Light would've done. If Light was in Code Geass, then the entire Britannia family would've fallen prey to his Death Note as soon as the first episode. All subsequent episodes would simply mirror the concept of Death Note; only with Lelouch/Zero in place of L. But enough wishful thinking on my part regarding Light.

The point is, it's just to be expected of Lulu to be sis-con overprotective for Nunnally. If there was indeed meant to be hesitation between the two (not likely to the extent such complaints indicate; keep in mind not all multiple-scened combat episodes happen in real time), it's mainly because of what happened the last time something like Nunnally's SAZ proposal happened. And Suzaku's meddling, because it is obligation to blame Suzaku for everything that happens from the beginning of R2 onwards. But again, I'll refrain from wishful thinking.
May 11, 2008 6:35 PM

Jun 2007
Meh, this ep was probably the least entertaining so far. 4/5
I'm really starting to hate Nunally now-not that I liked her to begin with.
She's like Euphie-reborned...and I hated Euphie.
Now 'Zaku REEEAAALLY needs to die. Guy always ruins my Louchy's plans, and 'Zaku needs to stop ACTING nice. D: lawl @ using her then saving her. Nunally really is being used as a political tool.

Though, for the sake of saying something nice, the upgrades were nice.
May 11, 2008 7:00 PM

Feb 2008
- Very flashy mech concepts and designs being shown off was nice.
- Probably the least story driven episode to date, but made up for it with decent action.
- Rollos weakness being time based while a tad predictable makes perfect sense and balances his geass nicely.
May 11, 2008 7:03 PM

Jul 2007
PimpToad said:
The people who matter to Lelouch are kept out of harms way for the sake of protecting them, C.C. herself said this. That's where the difference between Lelouch and Light comes in. There is a small number of people that Lelouch deeply cares for, while the rest are just pawns to him. When it comes to Light, he will sell anyone down the line if it helps further his goals or ensures his survival.

Gonig back to shody chess motif. He's not going to sell out Kallen because she's his queen (or is C.C. the queen?), he's not gonig to sell out Todo because he's his knight or bishop or rook, doesn't matter which. Anyone that doesn't start in his backrow is a pawn.

Sam is my sweet peach
May 11, 2008 7:07 PM

Feb 2008
I actually thought this episode was kind of boring for the first 5 minutes or so and was thinking it might all be boring. I was completely wrong...

The twists and turns were all awesome, I especially liked how they portrayed Kallen's fall, how she was apologizing to her family and accepting death and then boom! That submarine with Lakshata appears and powers up the Gurren making it more badass than ever and it seemed to badassify Kallen even more! Note to Kallen, don't ever die, it would seriously ruin the show...

Of course it was all ridiculously unbelievable but it was really fun.

I wouldn't mind seeing episode 7 right now!
May 11, 2008 7:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
okay cheesy enough episode but still good..

watchin code geass r2 is like high quality junk food you never want to stop eating (although i don't personally eat junk food...)

I seriously don't like the mecha design of that flashy transformable knightmare frame....

But...Lelouch's hesitation is really pissing me off now....He is too unstable and not determined enough. Next week, hope he WILL clear his mind and think through all this...."suterareta kamen"...promising title....will he stop being zero?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 11, 2008 7:45 PM

May 2007
Kallen was pwnage.

But Lelouch's ideals are now being thrown into disarray. Nunnally has been shown to disagree with everything Zero's been doing so far. The main question is what will Lelouch do now? How is he going to alter his plan, if he does so to begin with?

Oh, and plus, Nunnally being saved by Suzaku must have been the most heart-wrenching thing for Lelouch to watch. I feel for him. He loves his sister more than life itself, yet having someone else - more specifically, you're former best-friend turned main enemy - the source of her trust now, must cut deep.

Looking forward to what Sunrise does next.
May 11, 2008 7:57 PM

Dec 2007
Yay for Rolo saving Lelouch but dam Suzaku SUCKS!
May 11, 2008 8:05 PM
May 2008
Man, I don't know why but every anime is see starting out nowadays I always get the funny feeling that it's going to turn into a Yuri. If this turns into a Yuri I'll be so frekin p-ssed, Rolo and Lelouch were getting a little close there in the preveiw for #7. And I'll be even more mortified if this turns into a brother with a sister complex thing.

Same with Karen, it looks like Lelouch kissed Kallen, that would be rather unfortunate but it beets the sister complex and Yuri byfar! I'd rather not see any romance in this anime at all as it will be one big love triangle which would just p-ss me off, but if there must be any I t must be with C.C.

Obviously he's not gonna retire from Zero anytime soon, but from the looks of it in the next episode he probbly considers it. But we all know that some unforseen event will occur, Nunnally getting killed, or Lelouch choosing revenge over his sister's wellfare, or the more likely of the three Lelouch thinking his sister is being maniuplated.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.