Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2010 1:00 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
- So as we thought it starts with covering the whatever's left of chapter 108.
- No OP, just a title screen.
- Blind Mustang looks....interesting.
- Really loving the music usage so far.
- Scar scene seemed somehow.off...
- NIce to see that they handled Lin-Mei-Ranfan scene as flashback.Its always nice to see just how much Ling changed.
- REALLY loving the music this ep. It has strong epilogue-like feeling. The music manages to make simple scenes, like Winry walking towards the door into most epic things possible.
<cut>
- The roof scene :3 Love the "failed clap". and overview of landscape.
- Selim scene. I just love how Arakawa stuck the the definition of sins and that Pride can never be really killed off because it exists in all humans.
- And Grumman, the old and scary geezer got the fuhrer position.
- Al visiting Hughes wife. And I still can't believe on just how great the music in this episode is.
- EdWin scene :3 Ed's confession is the cutest thing ever XD Winry's reaction almost equals that.
- YEssssss just as I guessed. The final scene is the pictureboard. And here the most epic thing ever ends....And I am sad again...just like when the manga ended :<

Overall this was one of the most epic series of all time, beating the crappy FMA1 thousand times over. Loved how it started, how it went, how it ended.

Sadly the first ~episodes were a bit rushed and Greed arc suffered horribly, not to mention Ishval arc...but everything afterwards was just epic and awesome.

Loved all the characters till the end. FMAB had just so much bigger and deeper cast than FMA1(which focussed only on Ed and Al). Every character, even the fodder soldiers, were memorable and interesting.

Overall I can proudly say that FMA:B is best the shonen genre ever had to offer. And it will not be beat for a long long time. Scratch long. FMA:B will not be beat for till the end of reality.

Man, I wish this was the start yet again and everyone could yet again relive the series form episode 1, gasping at the twists, cheering for characters and pairings, and shaking from atmospheric and awesome scenes.

Overall this anime easily gets 10/10 from me (just as manga).

Goodbye Fullmetal Alchemist. Its so sad to see you end....You will be sorely missed and will always have place in our hearts...

--

P.S. Can't wait for whatever manga Arakawa has planned next.
sakaNov 24, 2012 1:50 PM
Jul 4, 2010 1:17 AM

Oct 2008
Stop barking at each other guys . Lets give fma a good send off . .

I LOVE YOU FMA :(

OMFG . . WHAT A HUGE SURPRISE . Didn't ya notice fai . . . The black screen after the episode finished . . It said we're getting AN FMA MOVIE . . God . . . I'm so so so happy . . . .
lafuria_suxJul 4, 2010 1:54 AM
Jul 4, 2010 2:38 AM

Apr 2008
Jul 4, 2010 2:56 AM

Feb 2009
Fai said:
Its so sad to see you end....You will be sorely missed and will always have place in our hearts...

lol

silent_killer said:
Stop barking at each other guys . Lets give fma a good send off . .

I LOVE YOU FMA :(

OMFG . . WHAT A HUGE SURPRISE . Didn't ya notice fai . . . The black screen after the episode finished . . It said we're getting AN FMA MOVIE . . God . . . I'm so so so happy . . . .

Dude don't get your hopes too high... if we really get a movie, it will probably disappoint a lot, people hype these things too much.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the episode, it was the conclusion of one the best animes ever.
Jul 4, 2010 3:01 AM

Jul 2007
silent_killer said:

Probably a recap/condensed story of series in form of movie.don't get your hopes up
Jul 4, 2010 3:04 AM

Apr 2009
btw isn't it named Fullmetal Alchemist only ? i haven't seen neither in opening/ending the 'brotherhood' term in :))

this is just a little detail.. who put the name brotherhood anyways ?
Jul 4, 2010 3:12 AM

Aug 2008
Am I the only person who keeps refreshing the FMA:Brotherhood entry in order to see how much it will jump when the status is set as "Finished Airing"?
Jul 4, 2010 3:19 AM

Jul 2007
smokes said:
btw isn't it named Fullmetal Alchemist only ? i haven't seen neither in opening/ending the 'brotherhood' term in :))

this is just a little detail.. who put the name brotherhood anyways ?

1. Its official English title, under which it is licensed in western countries and under which it airs on Adult Swim.
2. The "full" Japanese title pretty much reads as "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Fullmetal Alchemist"
3. "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" is how it is refered in interviews and etc.

llamaben said:
Am I the only person who keeps refreshing the FMA:Brotherhood entry in order to see how much it will jump when the status is set as "Finished Airing"?

Nope.
*is doing the same thing*
AhenshihaelJul 4, 2010 3:30 AM
Jul 4, 2010 3:48 AM

Sep 2008
Ep wrapped up ch.108 nicely. Again, didn't care much for the pairings, but oh well.
Hearing Al's voice without echo felt odd at first, haha.
Also, Selim scene <3 <3 <3

Aah, I'm going to miss this dearly...
Jul 4, 2010 3:59 AM

Dec 2007
Winly and Ed got a children *.* so sweet
Jul 4, 2010 4:24 AM

Oct 2008
Fai said:
silent_killer said:

Probably a recap/condensed story of series in form of movie.don't get your hopes up

i hope your mistaken , and we get a full length movie . . And even if it is a recap , i'm pretty much happy for more fma . .
For now , i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a full length ishbal flashback . .

@veethorn . . Have you heard of somethin called , REBUILD OF EVANGELION . .
Jul 4, 2010 4:44 AM
Jul 4, 2010 4:52 AM

Jun 2009
Damn, spectacular sweet ending. One of the best ending for one of the most epic anime. *shedding tears of joy* this will be one of my all-time favorites. Ed and Winry's kid looked so cute. Also Nico Touches Wall ending is the perfect song for that ending. Shame I can't rate it 11/10. Thank You Bones as well.

Looking forward to the movie.
Jul 4, 2010 5:11 AM

Feb 2009
silent_killer said:

@veethorn . . Have you heard of somethin called , REBUILD OF EVANGELION . .

Don't even compare it, just look at the nature of each story/series..
Jul 4, 2010 5:17 AM

Nov 2008
-Quasar said:
Damn, spectacular sweet ending. One of the best ending for one of the most epic anime. *shedding tears of joy* this will be one of my all-time favorites. Ed and Winry's kids looked so cute. Also Nico Touches Wall ending is the perfect song for that ending. Shame I can't rate it 11/10. Thank You Bones as well.

Looking forward to the movie.

fixed

that was awesome xD i will miss this dearly and the raw i watched said nothing about a movie :(
Jul 4, 2010 5:37 AM

Nov 2007

Wow. as I had expected from last week's episode... BEST ENDING EVAR!!!!

So steady-paced, calm... wow, I am totally satisfied. Done. Over. Fin.

Great job to the original author and all the people who participated in the production of the anime.
Thanks for making my sunday evening so exciting every week ^^

PS: Looking forward to the movie, whatever it will be about! :D
zvucJul 4, 2010 5:58 AM

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Jul 4, 2010 5:57 AM

Oct 2008
@veethorn . . It was just an example to show you that not all movies disappoint . .

And whats up with mustang and a moustache . . Ha ha . . . Lolz . . . The art in this episode was really good though . . And the small changes in script were welcome :) :)
Jul 4, 2010 7:24 AM

Aug 2009
Man, it's been a while since I've posted. I'm gonna miss FMA. :'(

So many sweet moments animated here!

I like the changes they did with Roy and company, I felt that it brought a bit more closure for them than in the manga.
But I wanted to see Ling carry Mei like a sack of potatoes. XD Sorta reminds you that they ARE siblings.
And I wasn't expecting Paninya and Garfiel in that picture... but oh well... as long as those KIDS are there.

All in all it was a good ending to a great series like FMA.

My only gripe is Mustang's tache. Someone from Bones must have a twisted sense of humor.

Sorta reminds me of this omake:

I'm looking forward to the movie. As long as Mustang shaves
Jul 4, 2010 7:28 AM

Aug 2008
llamaben said:
Ok, now it's "finished airing" but the rating hasn't changed yet... Ratings for other series haven't changed all day either, possibly a bug or ratings only chance once a day now?
Jul 4, 2010 7:38 AM

Apr 2010
I cried. Again.

It did the manga's ending justice and I couldn't be happier. c':

I lovelovelove the last exchange between Ling, Edward, Mei, and Alphonse much more than the manga's version, though. BROFIST.

And Roy made me giggle.

But a... movie? That surprised me. Kinda blew my mind: I was all ready to bawl my eyes out (which I kind of did regardless) because it was the last episode and FMA was over. Then that announcement popped up. Super curious as to what it'll be about

Jul 4, 2010 8:29 AM

Aug 2008
t010 said:
ARE THE SUBS OUT?
Yes, they are. Not that anyone in this thread has seen them.
Jul 4, 2010 8:44 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Shed manly tears a few times for this anime. Masterpiece!

Jul 4, 2010 8:50 AM

Nov 2009
tmd subs r out
Jul 4, 2010 9:35 AM
Jun 2010
I really'd like to see a kiss between Ed and Winry, and also she could joins him on his travel. I'd also like to see Roy telling who is going to receive the stone powers before him (maybe Ed to receive his knowloedge back, donno...). I would like to see Roy's seeing stuff after the "surgery"...

Anyway, very great anime, I will sure miss it...
Jul 4, 2010 9:42 AM

Jun 2009
rodrigojager said:
I really'd like to see a kiss between Ed and Winry, and also she could joins him on his travel. I'd also like to see Roy telling who is going to receive the stone powers before him (maybe Ed to receive his knowloedge back, donno...). I would like to see Roy's seeing stuff after the "surgery"...

Didnt you see who they gave a call? didnt you see him standing in some of the pictures in the end? :P

anyway, this anime was one of the most "well-made" animes i've seen. From episode 1 till the end it was always amazing.

i only managed to find this about the movie btw:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-07-04/fullmetal-alchemist/brotherhood-movie-green-lit
Jul 4, 2010 9:48 AM
Jan 2009
amazing episode my only question is why does ed still have automail. i thought he got his leg back but winry kept tellling him to maintain and oil it. just wondering why he has automail
Jul 4, 2010 9:51 AM

Jun 2009
arsh231 said:
amazing episode my only question is why does ed still have automail. i thought he got his leg back but winry kept tellling him to maintain and oil it. just wondering why he has automail

i was wondering about that also. my theory is, his leg was too weak to survive and in the end he had to use automail again?
Jul 4, 2010 9:56 AM

Jul 2007
rodrigojager said:

Ed can't get his knowledge back.

The only thing equal in value for a Gate is another Gate.And someone sacrificing his gate would equal damning himself to stay inside the Truth-plane forever.

Ed and Al could return because their planed are connected.

Someone else doing that would equal damning himself for all eternity.

arsh231 said:

SenseiBanzai said:
arsh231 said:

i was wondering about that also. my theory is, his leg was too weak to survive and in the end he had to use automail again?

The leg was for something not related to al.

It was for the human transmutation they did.

Its left ambigous:
- Either he chose NOT to get it back as part of his bargain with truth, so as to remember of what he/they did back then
- Al could not get it back because Al only sacrificed his arm for Al's body/soul/etc back then,.
Jul 4, 2010 9:59 AM

Jul 2007
Beautiful. Just beautiful. What a great ride. And they even put Hawkeye in bed next to Roy so I'm even more satisfied than when I read the manga XD (tho wtf that mustache at the end?? www)

9/10 and the -1 is only because I still haven't forgiven them for switching Roy's seiyuu ;__;

(But they could've switched Ed and Al or at least just Al's seiyuu for the 2 years after scene, the girly voices were ridiculous for their looks!)
Jul 4, 2010 10:06 AM
Jun 2007
The ending was even more generic as when I read it a month ago. Not that that's exactly a bad thing but I was skipping through scenes here and there.
8/10 for the series overall. If the first quarter of the series wasn't produced under the assumption that everyone who will watch this has seen the original series/read the manga and took good care of the pacing instead, it might have been a 9/10. But it was a great ride nonetheless.
Jul 4, 2010 10:08 AM

Feb 2009
SenseiBanzai said:
arsh231 said:

Um, Ed NEVER got his leg back.

Remember, the cost of bringing back Al's soul was Ed's arm, so Al returning his soul only brought back Ed's arm. Ed's leg was the cost of the Knowledge and the ability to perform alchemy without a circle.

And he gave up the Knowledge as payment for bringing back Al.

Jul 4, 2010 10:17 AM
Jun 2009
wow end omg when I saw that 'fin' end thing i was lik OMG;;; it's already over?

T^T

too bad so sad well we're geting a movie aftert his so I guess it's all good? kekeke

just have ta wait for it and all...
Jul 4, 2010 10:20 AM

Apr 2008
WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A QUESTION SINCE WHEN HAS EDWARD BEEN TALLER THEN WINRY??????????????????????????
Jul 4, 2010 10:24 AM

Nov 2008
Fai said:
rodrigojager said:

Ed can't get his knowledge back.

The only thing equal in value for a Gate is another Gate.And someone sacrificing his gate would equal damning himself to stay inside the Truth-plane forever.

Ed and Al could return because their planed are connected.

Someone else doing that would equal damning himself for all eternity.

arsh231 said:

SenseiBanzai said:
arsh231 said:

The leg was for something not related to al.

It was for the human transmutation they did.

Its left ambigous:
- Either he chose NOT to get it back as part of his bargain with truth, so as to remember of what he/they did back then

^they said that in the last chapter of manga lol
Jul 4, 2010 10:24 AM

Jun 2009
llamaben said:
t010 said:
ARE THE SUBS OUT?

for ep 64, the last ep? where did u find them? i cant find them anywhere

Jul 4, 2010 10:29 AM

Oct 2007
What an expected outcome. 1/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2010 10:30 AM

Jun 2009
t010 said:
llamaben said:
t010 said:
ARE THE SUBS OUT?

for ep 64, the last ep? where did u find them? i cant find them anywhere

they are out from "TMD-Raze". google im sure you will find it
Jul 4, 2010 10:33 AM

Apr 2009
That happy ending was well deserved, especially after all these years. Honestly, it doesn't feel like anything else needs to be said, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was a masterpiece through and through, and it was a pleasure to have finally seen end. 10/10
Jul 4, 2010 10:38 AM

Jan 2010
Is it just me or the scene with Ed on the train looks almost exactly like the last scene of the original series (elbows on the window, looking up t the sky)?
Jul 4, 2010 10:38 AM

Jan 2008
Awesome finale. Definitely now one of my new all-time favourites. All because of this:

...Actually not all the reason, well 90%, or maybe 80%. Not 70%...how about 85? Well it was mainly because of it.
Estoy_GordoJul 4, 2010 10:41 AM
Jul 4, 2010 10:41 AM

Feb 2009
Great last episode, this is a masterpiece. I would have to say that this is one of the best anime series I have ever seen. They way they close it with this last episode was too damn good, it sealed the deal for me.

BTW Roy getting back his eyesight was freaking epic, also his mustache was funny. Havoc can now walk and is now back with Roy's team.

Can't wait for the movie. The question is will Hiromu Arakawa work in this film, I mean write the script and have some creative control so that the movie can be canon or will this be a filler or recap movie? I think the latter is like the most logical one. But doesn't matter I'm gonna watch that movie anyways. Thanks Hiromu Arakawa for creating one of the greatest story the world has ever seen.
Jul 4, 2010 10:46 AM

Apr 2010
that was an awesome ending to the series. i loved this FMA so much better than the first one and i cant wait for the new movie. now only if they would remake soul eater like this -.-
Jul 4, 2010 10:49 AM

Aug 2007
4kicks said:
Awesome finale. Definitely now one of my new all-time favourites. All because of this:

...Actually not all the reason, well 90%, or maybe 80%. Not 70%...how about 85? Well it was mainly because of it.

Haha, so true. XD

Great manga, really good anime. <3 I'm all happy now.
Jul 4, 2010 10:49 AM
Jan 2008
4kicks said:

I see what you did there. ¬.¬
But that was the same reason for me too. I hope the upcoming movie will be canon, and anything but a recap...unless they're going to put new footage in it.
Jul 4, 2010 10:52 AM
Apr 2008
I'm still going to watch the final episode when Eclipse releases their subs, but I decided to give the series a 7/10. I'm tempted to give it a six since every last thing to happen over the course of the story was just. so. fucking. convenient. The last episode will determine that one point swing for me, I think.
Jul 4, 2010 10:52 AM

Mar 2008
ZOMG ED BECAME TALL XDD And children! <3

Brotherhood gets 10/10 no question.
Jul 4, 2010 11:04 AM

Dec 2008
grklein said:
Is it just me or the scene with Ed on the train looks almost exactly like the last scene of the original series (elbows on the window, looking up t the sky)?
LOL thats what i though about it too!!
Changing for the Sake of the future
Jul 4, 2010 11:07 AM

Nov 2008
Otaku_Otoko said:
4kicks said:

I see what you did there. ¬.¬
But that was the same reason for me too. I hope the upcoming movie will be canon, and anything but a recap...unless they're going to put new footage in it.

lol i'll be happy with a recap if its the ishbal war :) putting one volume in one episode did not do that part of the manga justice

while watching the dub this morning....i caught something...hoihenheim said "it's too bad can't enjoy your cooking again" could it be implied that hohenheim knew he would die after fighting father?

edit: i like that it ended where it began with 2 people going east/west but with different purposes than father and hohenheim :)

edit: happy 4th of july lol random i know :P
suigetsu00Jul 4, 2010 11:16 AM
Jul 4, 2010 11:10 AM

Nov 2009
Perfect !!! One of the best shounen together with One Piece.

Loved the whole series+manga. Last 5 min of this finale had me from loling to geting a teary eyes.

10/10
Jul 4, 2010 11:11 AM

Mar 2008
Wonderful ending, feels right~ 10/10 overall~ (and I rarely hand these out)
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Apr 19, 2009

314 by hanakocheeks »»
Yesterday, 7:05 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

617 by hanakocheeks »»
Yesterday, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jan 10, 2010

153 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 25, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

porkypink - Dec 27, 2009

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 25, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ahenshihael - Nov 15, 2009

135 by PiliJoker »»
Mar 24, 4:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.