MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Neon Genesis Evangelion »» Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
View Poll Results: Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

57 48.31%
4 out of 5: Liked it

40 33.90%
3 out of 5: It was OK

19 16.10%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.85%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.85%
Voters: 118

09-18-10, 12:42 PM

That Angel was actually pretty funny :D
And yeah, I think that this thing with 0,00001% is just to get viewer excited... Well, this strategy is starting to fail, because they use it almoost every episode.
Overall, nice ep.

10-08-10, 8:53 AM

Ishikatsu said:
And yeah, I think that this thing with 0,00001% is just to get viewer excited... Well, this strategy is starting to fail, because they use it almoost every episode.
Overall, nice ep.

Yeah, I agree. Too low rates of success are starting to seem extremely unrealistic. But well, they didn't had much time nor did they know exactly where the Angel was gonna land so it wasn't as simple as it seemed. But surely not 0.00001%.

11-14-10, 6:07 PM

Ishikatsu said:
Overall, nice ep.

Indeed. The computer doesn't take into account plot armor :(

Excusing that, another nice episode as usual with some really nice Eva animations. A bit of back story on Misato, and it's nice to see the three kids getting along. Shinji also discovers his reason for piloting the mechs.

At this point though, I'm hoping they'll go into 2-3 episode story arcs, rather than single eps.

02-12-11, 12:04 AM

That was kinda stupid. So much for .000001% chance of success. I was expecting some epic operation and that crap only lasted like 5 seconds. Misato backstory was nice. Everything else was predictable and wow Shinji....you never fail to amuse me.

02-21-11, 7:41 PM

I miss orange Unit 0.
Operation was pretty cool.

Shinji realizing he is piloting for praise from his father...Maybe I'm just insane but I figured that out in the first two episodes.

Penguins make the best dinner guests as well.

05-08-11, 4:42 AM

Nice teamwork.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

06-02-11, 2:59 AM

Sabinlerose said:

Shinji realizing he is piloting for praise from his father...Maybe I'm just insane but I figured that out in the first two episodes.

me too lol i thought i was pretty much self-explanatory at first

07-02-11, 11:05 AM

Nice teamwork.
Im loving this anime just for Asuka and Misato.
Signature removed. Please follow the site rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

08-05-11, 4:40 PM

Shinji indeed is an idiot!

11-15-11, 4:48 AM

NGE constantly fails at building drama with this "0,0000000001%" stuff.

Humanity could build humongous mecha. We've seen 3 so far. "We won't mass-produce them, becouse we won't" or something - OK. Got it.

And what's the best weapon that any humongous mecha can wield? A knife!

W
T
F
?

Don't tell me that after building something so advanced (evas) people couldn't invent any long range weaponry that could blast through those at fields.

The whole NGE universum is being torn apart by logic.
MyAnimeRecommendation

Mandalorian Space Marine in a Battletech Mech = overkill.

I iz LOGH fanboy! WAAAAAGH!!! MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!!!!!

11-21-11, 9:29 PM

I was expecting this episode to be way more epic and controversial! What happened?! Really? I think they over hyped it a little too much and didn't come through at the end. But, I still found myself to enjoy it, to say the least. Looking forward to the next!

05-07-12, 5:19 PM

It was really cook that the kids saw through the steak dinner but pretended like it was awesome to help out Misato. This episode was a little disappointing sense they did it so much better in the rebuild but that was to be expected.

12-09-12, 12:51 PM

Great episode, thought there for a second we were heading in to disaster but it was actually solved quite easily without any problems! Good episode that praising from his father was quite nice! Must be the first time he heard those words!

01-09-13, 9:07 PM

Well that operation with an almost impossible chance to succeed actually went smoother than some of their previous ones.

Also, I'm not sure about anyone else but I kind of had a Majora's Mask flashback this episode.

Evangelion:

Zelda:

02-25-13, 10:29 AM

All these episodes don't need to be episodic.
I wouldnt mind a large scale fight lasting more than an episode.

03-15-13, 1:46 PM

-z- said:
supersayen said:
So this operation had a success rate of 0,00001%... really ? It was the easiest mission they've done so far LOL.

Yeah, this success rate dumb-assery is starting to remind me of Power levels in DB (and the inflation those suffered...)

Well anyway, it was an ok-ish ep I guess. The interaction between the children was nice as always, and the angel looked stupid enough to be somewhat cool.

Why the hell is everyone worrying about the unrealistic succes rate? Why is no one questioning the actual need for that mission? Why did they have to stop it from reaching the ground like that after which it still kinda hit the ground and still went with a big bang? Wouldn't the same damn thing have happened if they did NOTHING? Im just saying...

Btw did anyone count how many times Asuka used the word "Baka" after she first appeared? I do know it quit being funny a looooong time ago.

03-25-13, 4:46 PM

Very interesting info considering this episode.

Thoughts from Episode 12.

It was nice that finally some info about Misato's past were revealed. And that she got that scar on her chest for "Second Impact" so I guess her father saved her or was it her mother.

I am actually suprised that Shinji's friends know some of NERV stuff. And Misato also getting promotion to Major. Of course she can't be happy about that while thinking back those happening what Second Impact brought with it.

So my guess is that Misato's father either created Angels or at least he was researching them maybe he also designed EVA's. And he also had some info considering Second Impact.

this "South Pole" or "Dead Sea" like that NERV commander said was what was left after Second Impact. It looked like slimy sea with red blood on it. Maybe this is also one that Misato's father researched 15 years ago. So that would mean Ikari knew Misato's father at somepoint at that time. Maybe they were research partners or something like that. (Plot hole?)

So Misato joned NERV to revenge her dad even her dad didn't love her at all. So it similar to Shinji's father. And Shinji's reasons finally revealed I was waiting this long time. But it was really simple one just wanted to be noticed for good deads for his dad. Ikari finally speaking to Shinji was awesome moment. Asuka wanted to show off just piloting EVA. And Ayanami wanted to use her powers to save mankind.

That mission rate was definitely unneeded for this mission. Maybe it was just to scare people to think they would fail :DD that will Misato asked to write for Shinji, Asuka and Rei was weird oh was it because if something would happened she would been responsible for that. LoL that mission for defeating Angels were same kind of stuff like always. It's like huge Spirit Bomb that AT Field Angel shoot. And they all run defending it.

Best parts: Misato's past. That huge explosion, Kaiji coming with Ritsuko to the party, and everyone eating Ramen together

04-06-13, 12:37 PM

I love how people are complaining about the success rates and all that. Really, why does it matter? What about all the excellent character moments in this episode? The stuff with Misato was great, her discription of why she is working for Nerv was pretty interesting stuff and how it ties into Shinji's relationship with his own father.

Also, I think Shinji's realization was pretty powerful stuff. Okay, you could argue that it's obvious, but I'm sure everyone here as come to a realization that was pretty obvious in hind sight. Also, I love the meaning behind Shinji's "I mustn't run away" line. And, as always, I love the interaction between him and Asuka as always.
"That I do not understand my own mind upsets me more than I can describe" - Meruem, The Chimera Ant King.

04-20-13, 12:13 PM

4ever and ever

04-26-13, 7:47 AM

^Took me quite some time to understand that picture.

Anyways, disregarding how that Angel was quickly defeated, I loved the character interactions in this episode. More Rei, at least.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices