Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 13, 2008 11:00 PM

May 2008
the conclusion of the final battle was beautifully done. matsuri looks into at aono and smiles after seeing the dawn for the first time in centuries. then she dies.

the series had a beautiful ending. i have but one question...
when and why did matsuri and aono(and paper yorito) part ways?
Aug 11, 2008 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
Omg, Mayuko changed her outfit from Shinku-style to Souseiseki-type ><
Can you call this a happy end? For Aono and the siblings yes, but not for Yorito/Matsuri.
I DID like it a lot, how it ended. It's far better than a miraculous everyone is alive and friends-happy end or an extinction^^
Lol @ Mana taking a photo of the sunrise xD
Sep 9, 2008 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
That's it for Aono but how about Mayuko...

Sep 20, 2008 8:35 PM

Aug 2007
Hmmm. The ending was alright. There were definitely some big holes, but despite that I still enjoyed Sola.

I think that the two main reasons I enjoyed Sola was because of Matsuri and the fact that the sky was a big part (since I really love the sky as well).

Overall it gets a 7/10 from me.

And Matsuri gets a fav from me. :D

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jan 6, 2009 1:55 AM

Sep 2008
i didn't find the end of the anime very sad...may be because i was mad about that it had to end like this... in the beggining i liked Matsuri and i had no bad feelings for Aono but in the end i was just praying that ***#&$*&# to die so it could be a good ending for me :/
its just not fair always the good and cute characters like Matsuri to die...
no words ... lol
~_~ !
Jan 15, 2009 11:43 PM

Jul 2007
I totally hated the ending, and Aono. Score 8 -> 1.
Jan 17, 2009 4:11 PM

Jun 2008
Aono needs more love *huggles Aono*

I love both Matsuri and Aono and I liked the ending
Jan 17, 2009 4:57 PM

Aug 2008
Funny, I don't feel moved, well not as much as I expected I would. Maybe I'm just seeing lots of these kind of stuff lately, so the punch has died down a bit? nah, maybe it just was my mood at the time...
So Takeshi will die as an old lolicon, with a 5 year old loli by his sickbed?
Her fashion taste doesn't really matter, she's too cute in her attires ayways ^^

BlueYoshi said:

kei-clone said:

and lol, everyone's overthinking the two cans. those don't mean anything, they're just fanservice XD

Pretty much. That or Sae Sakura drank it in depression after finding out that Takeshi will never ever come back.

You know, that makes so much sence! Still, never doubt of the possibilities of ghosts... ;)

Since I'm one of those people that adore everything that has to do with the sky and air, I never bored of the concept, or any of the episodes either. So the series get an 8 (no lower than a 7) from me.

The series look done fo me, but in the batch I got there were episodes 14-15, which I think are the OVAs.
AngelLily said:
The special episodes... I wonder, will they be like Air in Summer and tell the story about past Yorito, Matsuri and Aono, or will it be about the future? I really hope Mayuko and Takeshi get a happy ending...

Maybe something like that? I can't wait to find out ^^
...btw, I still haven't watched those Air OVAs... I had in mind to wath them much earlier, but I kept on putting it off, so 3 months later, I still haven't seen them. Sweet, thx for reminding me of those! :D
GenixJan 17, 2009 5:00 PM
Jan 17, 2009 5:01 PM

Jul 2007
Genix said:
Since I'm one of those people that adore everything that has to do with the sky and air

Don't miss this thread

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=10993
Jan 22, 2009 3:05 PM

Feb 2008
I liked Matsuri better than Aono. But nevertheless the ending was beautiful.
Loved the whole anime. 9/10
Apr 24, 2009 12:11 PM

Mar 2009
I am really enjoy on scene battle, also make me sad too hehee. Just only i dont like from 1st episode that Koyori always been punish and hit her head, just suggestion to punish her with look cute, like pinch her cheek. I'll give 4/5 star :D
May 7, 2009 12:48 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty decent anime.. Didn't really stand out, pretty middle of the road. But okay regardless!

May 8, 2009 7:25 AM

May 2008
Another awesome show, even though the starting was a little boring buti still enjoyed it overall 9/10 <3

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 9, 2009 8:27 PM

May 2008
Really enjoyed the ending, lots of Mana smack parts hehe. Really enjoyed the entire anime and Matsuri is definitely one of my favorite characters after watching this. <3
Jul 1, 2009 12:25 AM

Jun 2009
Good ending but I don't like the fact that somehow they have forgotten the past
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 1, 2009 3:16 PM

Apr 2009
Did not like how Matsuri and Yorito end up die, but that posible because im a hopeless romaticater, else a great serie.
Jul 31, 2009 8:23 PM

Apr 2009
The ending was so sad. T____T I miss Matsuri and Yoritooo. ;__;
I wonder what happens while Aono is at Her brother's School.

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Aug 4, 2009 6:42 AM

Dec 2008
Overall I like the show....though this was not really a happy ending.
Aug 27, 2009 4:40 PM

Aug 2008
It was a decent anime ^^ I don't know if I'll rate it 6 or 7 yet.

Sep 28, 2009 10:16 AM
Oct 2008
Overall it was good ~
Oct 17, 2009 2:40 PM

May 2008
Screw everybody who believe this ending to be fine :( ... I didn't get this emotional in ages, I have been crying all day... ... if at least they wouldn't have forgotten about them then it would have been fine up to some point... but this was just far too messed up. ;( ;(

Kotori said:
I totally hated the ending, and Aono. Score 8 -> 1.

For me it was 8 -> considering 10 -> 1
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2009 4:59 PM

Sep 2009
great ending to a great series
i really liked how matsuri gave her life for Aono and let Aono live as a human and the last scene with the tomato bean soup was awesome as well xD
its good to see how they remembered Yorito and Aono even after all that happened and how Koyori and Aono became good friends again :)
now its time for the dvd specials :D
and also the fight was good :3

Nov 22, 2009 8:38 PM

Aug 2006
All those who deserved their happiness didn't get it. And the one person who didn't deserve anything walks away with the happy ending.

If Aono had the maturity to restrain her borderline incestuous obsession with Yorito and hostility towards everyone, they all could have lived peacefully. That girl made the ones she 'loved' miserable, and they end up sacrificing their lives for her sake. How is that fair? After all the lies and attacks, she didn't deserve a second chance.

It's too bad. I really enjoyed this series overall, but the ending brought it down completely.
Dec 17, 2009 7:46 PM

Jun 2008
I bet if you tell anybody that has watched the first episodes, that the serie will end this way, (s)he won't believe you xD

It was nice, I'll give it an 8

BTW, not from this episode, but...

Mar 17, 2010 7:21 AM

Jan 2010
I am glad I stuck with Aono as my favorite character. It payed out :D
Too bad the doll girl (just can't remember her name) couldn't become human.

9/10
Apr 2, 2010 5:44 PM
Feb 2010
I've always wondered why they didn't just slightly open the curtains and sit at an angle where the light rays don't make contact with them so they can look up into the sky blissfully.

Unfortunately, that never happened.
Apr 7, 2010 5:19 PM

Mar 2010
haisaki said:
I've always wondered why they didn't just slightly open the curtains and sit at an angle where the light rays don't make contact with them so they can look up into the sky blissfully.

Unfortunately, that never happened.

It would then throw out the whole "looking up at the sky" promise if that could happen.

Anyways, I felt it was a bittersweet ending.
I didn't really like Aono or the Protagonist very much >.<
I got really confused when they were flashing back and forth.
I totally got left into the dark.(No pun intended)
Otherwise, got a few laughs here and there.
Music was pretty well done though.
And oh the cliffhanger ending strikes again!
Two cans at the end, could they still be alive?
Though I can't say for sure, I believe they are very much "alive" and happy ;D
Don't know how the whole "life and death" system works in their universe.

7/10

Wasn't bad or great. Good Anime to watch if you're into Romance and Drama.
Apr 8, 2010 1:35 PM
Feb 2010
Rockbound said:

It would then throw out the whole "looking up at the sky" promise if that could happen.

My point exactly.
Apr 14, 2010 3:02 PM
Mar 2010
pretty final... it is very "candy", if I can say this....
I hoped that Mayuko become human.... but it seems that she will be lolicon forever ahahah
In definitely i take 8/10 XD
May 3, 2010 2:57 AM

May 2009
Even though it started out with a rather boring first episode and a somewhat annoying male lead, the series really started to gain momentum around the midway point, finishing very strongly with a pretty good ending. There was enough mystery to keep things interesting and the big twist - paperboy - was a good one. Bittersweet is definitely the best word to describe it. Matsuri was easily my favorite character. Mana was very impressive as well. While I understand the Aono hate, I don't agree with it. I'm glad she came to appreciate what Yorito and Matsuri did for her and moved forward with her life.
May 16, 2010 3:28 PM
May 2010
Arbel said:
So what do we learn from this series?
Keep being evil and possessed and you'll get a second chance in the end.
Honestly, why in hell has the evil sister to be rescued by the two she betrayed the most, why couldn't she just have died in the past or in the hospital, damn and i was hoping she would sacrifice herself and somehow bring yurito back to live....

I schould have known it before, every anime named like air ends shit.

All in all the end sucked but overall it was quite ok so
8/10 from me.

I totally agree with the person who said this. I really loved the series and I loved Matsuri. I know it would have been a typical ending to have Matsuri and Yorito survive and them fall in love... but that would have been WAYYY better and happier than this ending. The characters didn't exactly develop very well and they didn't explain things well. But it was a good show. I was so disappointed by the ending, though :(
May 30, 2010 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
Aono didn't deserve such a happy ending.. The ending is kinda bad but I liked the story overall. I feel bad for Matsuri and Yorito because they would have deserved it to live, idk but I never liked Aono that much.
Jun 5, 2010 12:39 PM

Nov 2008
Wow it did made me feel sad and with few tears. I still don't know if this is a happy ending or bad one. But I did like it.

Overall it was an enjoyable series. I wanted Matsuri and Yorito to end up together but it seems like in the end they did end up together. But for some reason I feel sad fro Aono.

8/10 for me.
Jun 8, 2010 1:14 AM

Mar 2010
If it's possible, I wanted Yorito and Matsuri ended up together alive. For Aono, how do i put it, I don't kinda like her. But, if that was what Matsuri and Yorito wanted to be, let it be.

Actually, this series is good. However, the number of episodes is way too few. The time that I spent on watching this Anime ended in just less than 5 hours. I have been feeling unstable un until now since the day I finished watching it.

From my point of view, The ending of this seires "Sola" creates both Sadness and Happiness. To compare them both, it seems Sadness is greater than Happiness.

If possbile, I want the author and director to make another side-stories like Movies or OVAs. :(
Jul 19, 2010 1:35 AM

Jan 2010
is it just me or this was a bitter ending? :
i mean both of the main characters died and the one that annoyed me gets to live? :
and they're like living for yorito now...live your own life wtf!?

the two cans at the end represented to me: "it would be nice if yorito and matsuri were alive right?well **** you they're both dead :D"

it was a decent anime,anyway :)
7/10
clannad4everAug 7, 2010 5:03 AM
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 10, 2010 12:15 PM

Dec 2007
It was a okay ending.
Sep 20, 2010 10:24 AM
Nov 2008
Marathoned sola over the weekend, so it starts out with a plus for being a show that was marathonable. It was a bit of a slow start, but once Aono was out of the hospital, the show really picked up and I just kept watching. I liked a lot of the characters, and I liked how the mystery of the past was revealed and the puzzle pieces were put together. But what I really struggled with was the main story. I had trouble understanding the conflict. There only thing preventing everyone from living out their happy lives is Aono's unreasonable jealousy. Might I add, jealousy over her brother, not even a romantic relationship. This kind of plot has been done before, sure, but it's been done much better. It just didn't come off all that well in sola, and as a result, the ending felt kind of weak.

Take that factor out, and you have a solid show. Overall, 8/10.
Nov 6, 2010 6:35 AM

Sep 2008
Ending was slow since it pretty much ended towards the start of the episode leaving the rest without much to do. Overall the show was damn good. Really liked the plot and characters a lot.

9/10
Nov 13, 2010 10:23 PM

Aug 2008
I like this anime, but it's not excelent.
The opening song and aesthetic is from Air's. Sky's premise fits very well to this emotive anime (good), but almost all chapters are slow, very slow until five minutes to end when something happens and CHAN CHAN you're catched. XD

And ending is good, i like it, is coherent to Sola's plot. :)
I see the 13 chapters all toghether. O.o!

8/10 :D (Mild touching anime, but is not on the level of: Kanon 2006, Clannad after story (Ch 18 OMG!), and Air's finale.)
See ya!
Nov 13, 2010 10:30 PM

Aug 2008
Thalandor46 said:
Marathoned sola over the weekend, so it starts out with a plus for being a show that was marathonable. It was a bit of a slow start, but once Aono was out of the hospital, the show really picked up and I just kept watching. I liked a lot of the characters, and I liked how the mystery of the past was revealed and the puzzle pieces were put together. But what I really struggled with was the main story. I had trouble understanding the conflict. There only thing preventing everyone from living out their happy lives is Aono's unreasonable jealousy. Might I add, jealousy over her brother, not even a romantic relationship. This kind of plot has been done before, sure, but it's been done much better. It just didn't come off all that well in sola, and as a result, the ending felt kind of weak.

Take that factor out, and you have a solid show. Overall, 8/10.

I would haven't written my thoughts about Sola much better than this comment! And I'm marathoned it too!!
Feb 17, 2011 2:15 AM

Oct 2010
This show was really lacking and I feel like they could have done so much more with the plot because it really wasnt that terrible of a story
It bored me to death sometimes and it wasnt really hitting me emotion wise like some other good romances have.
Matsuri was really the only thing that kept me watching
A very dissapointing 7/10 for me
May 22, 2011 11:09 PM

Jul 2010
well i guess its a happy ending....for aono, hopefully she will move on and be happy

Aug 26, 2011 8:47 AM

Jan 2011
I was expecting somewhat of a "happy" ending...you know when they all live happily together.

Overall i really like this anime, interesting turns here and there. Some parts have rooms for improvement. Looking forward to reading the manga.
Sep 23, 2011 12:27 AM
Feb 2009
This is one of those shows that makes me wonder if it could have been amazing in better hands. A story with interesting ideas but weak delivery. Not a bad anime but very underwhelming. I expect it will fade as quickly from my memory as Yorito did from Mana's.
Feb 14, 2012 5:54 AM

Oct 2010
Happy ending was out of the question when Aono went all Yandere. A fitting ending for a decent story.
huh?
Mar 30, 2012 12:29 AM

Mar 2012
Well at least Aono bacame friends again with Koroyi and Mana, that way she can live without being alone.. Good ending, but it was kinda sad..
Jun 8, 2012 4:22 PM

Jun 2010
There's a decent story in here. Pretending to be a straight romance than turning into a action-drama that's more about two girls than the male lead (and killing off the couple to leave the one girl the only survivor) is fairly interesting but the way it plays out is kind of boring. Spending half the series on romance strikes me more as wasting time than anything else since there's not even incremental moves toward what turns out to be the real story. Too many of the supposed highly-charged scenes are disposed of with cliche executions.

So what it really feels like is the first half of a romance series stitched to the second half of a supernatural action-drama. No work is done to bring the series to where it eventually climaxes which doesn't make a lot of sense in retrospect. Matsuri knew the "real" Yorito so why isn't she surprised to meet his double centuries later, bearing the same name? Maybe she just forgot what he looked like, but that makes for a pretty boring story.
FronzelJun 8, 2012 4:32 PM
Aug 1, 2012 8:20 AM

Jun 2011
You know this is a good anime when someone who abhors sad endings - especially the loss of memories among friends - actually watched through the end (despite being spoiled) and enjoyed it thoroughly. I still feel sorry for Mana, though. She kinda got left hanging after her last meeting with Yorito.

I'll admit I watched the first seven episodes over the period of a year. The show just got started way too slow. But once I got into the last four episodes, my rating jumped from a 6/10 to a 9/10. If the whole thing had been like the last four episodes, this would certainly be a 10/10 for me. As it is, I'm giving this a 9/10 for the slow start and plot holes.
GenomaxAug 1, 2012 8:26 AM
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Aug 14, 2012 10:47 AM

Mar 2012
This serie was fine so 6/10... fine.
Aug 25, 2012 4:02 PM

Jun 2012
Zel said:
Meh, didn't like it... it could have ended better... I didn't really want Aono to be the one to become a human, I wanted that girl who was with Takeshi to be the one.

Me too, same here. :\

My happiness is his unhappiness, and his happiness is my unhappiness.
-- Sankarea
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » sola Episode 6 Discussion

zanmato666 - May 14, 2007

39 by Saku33 »»
Apr 10, 10:49 AM

Poll: » sola Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - May 27, 2007

42 by Killerkat198 »»
May 15, 2023 2:10 PM

» Why is this series so underrated

SakurasouBusters - Oct 18, 2013

12 by Quintessence »»
Feb 7, 2023 9:22 AM

Poll: » sola Episode 2 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Apr 15, 2007

45 by Auliaramadhana12 »»
Oct 16, 2021 12:33 PM

Poll: » sola Episode 10 Discussion

Sukotsutsu - Jun 11, 2007

40 by Rob7 »»
Jan 12, 2021 9:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.