Forum Settings
Forums

Producers of B gata H kei Receive Threatening Letters

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 2, 2010 1:02 PM
Jun 2009
i bet its not rly a fan girl but some douche-bag guy. srry for language but had to.
Jul 2, 2010 1:17 PM

Nov 2009
Those letter were probably sent by parents who stick their noses wherever they please...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Jul 2, 2010 1:34 PM

Dec 2009
The hell is wrong with people?!
Jul 2, 2010 1:38 PM

Nov 2008
What the fuck. I'm a girl and I liked this.
Jul 2, 2010 2:02 PM
Sep 2008
I watched every episode of B gata H kei and I didn't see any good reason it would make people mad. I know for a fact that even lots of girls enjoyed it.

Must either be a joke, idiots who didn't actually watch the show, or the typical bottom of the barrel otaku rage that happens every once and while. I'm glad the production committee didn't give into the threats.

Either way, I don't think anything will come of this incident.
Jul 2, 2010 2:18 PM

Jan 2010
i watched this anime and though it wasn't one of my favorites, i can't see why people would be that offended by it. there are so much more worse things on tv and movies nowadays...
Jul 2, 2010 2:20 PM
Aug 2009
if only i could know what the threat said.
Jul 2, 2010 2:41 PM

Sep 2008
ITT: No empathy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2010 3:10 PM

Sep 2009
This is crazy. I can't really come up with a proper counter-argument without knowing what kind of people sent the messages.
Jul 2, 2010 3:35 PM

Nov 2007
i wasnt happy with the censoring but dvd ver will fix that lol and just that 13 eps was just not enough for a manga that spans around 7+ volumes

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jul 2, 2010 3:53 PM

Oct 2009
On a side note.. this is quite a advertise news for series popularity. i think that's why they added it on official website.

MAL, ANN and all other anime communities are commenting on this and series will get more viewers + dvd sales.
Jul 2, 2010 4:08 PM

Jul 2008
I am glad they didn't give in to the threats.
Jul 2, 2010 4:12 PM

May 2009
Only seen an episode
still really annoying
Jul 2, 2010 4:22 PM

Feb 2008
I say people, what is up with the general consensus here. The only post I saw that had a clear thought about it said that the letter was probably sent by a guy who related with the lead male, a male who didn't get to have sex in the end. That would pretty much explain why the letter was sent after the final episode. I don't know much about feminist, and I won't pretend I do; but I'd imagine that if they did want to change something, it would have been done during the process, through use of boycotts and so forth. Not to forget that there are anime far more... questionable than this one, as people have mentioned before.

Nevertheless, this is hardly a surprise. It wouldn't be the first time a producer realized a threat for the way an anime ended, check Hideaki Anno's wiki page.
Jul 2, 2010 4:38 PM

Feb 2010
Oh come on, they gave it a age rating of 17+ and we all know that there's worse stuff out there. I admit that B Gata H Kei was a little weird but it's definitely not wierd enough for threatening letters. Keep the spirit producers!
Jul 2, 2010 4:46 PM

Jul 2009
They've just got nothing better to do and write a letter to santa claus.

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Jul 2, 2010 4:53 PM

Mar 2010
You know what's really hilarious, though:

How ANN had gotten the news and Sankaku Complex, an even bigger troll site than ANN, had yet to pick up on that news. What's up with that? :P
Jul 2, 2010 4:58 PM
Jun 2008
i0taku said:
These are probably hardcore feminists and are overreacting about a show

I am a feminist, and I was actually glad that they made something like B Gata H Kei. Do you even know what a feminist is...?

I'm actually more inclined to think it's a loser chauvinist who is mad about girls even WANTING to have sex. God forbid a girl in anime wants sex that isn't rape...
Jul 2, 2010 5:05 PM
Apr 2010
As the new successor to L, I shall stop this madness
Jul 2, 2010 5:08 PM

Dec 2009
May be just one Yukarin's maniac fan? May be not
Who knows, no details given.

See Yukarin's well-trained Army:
Jul 2, 2010 5:12 PM
Jun 2010
They sure they weren't just poems?
Jul 2, 2010 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
What the heck? I didn't see anything wrong in the anime. Why give them threatening letters?!

I don't understand what's happening anymore O.O
This is a signature.
Jul 2, 2010 5:50 PM
Feb 2010
seems like a thing that those mads of equality now would do
Jul 2, 2010 5:54 PM
Dec 2009
absolutely retarted.to think people would go to such length to threaten their lives over a show which may or may not have been degrading?and either way it was mean't for the boys,not the little teenie poppers.hahah.

now then i have to ask,who's really in the wrong here,the producers or the idiots that threaten others lives over a show??
i rest my case..
Jul 2, 2010 6:06 PM

Feb 2010
I'm still laughing!! ^^
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jul 2, 2010 6:31 PM

Feb 2010
lol!
I wonder if it was because the anime ended without a real sex scene... o.õ
Jul 2, 2010 6:53 PM

Mar 2009
...for what reason? Because it was a bad anime?

Japan's weird. This is a little extreme.
Jul 2, 2010 6:59 PM
Apr 2008
I agree with what has been stated and reiterated several times, it's a puritanical issue. They're alot of conservatives in Japan and I'm sure the religious right wasn't happy about these instances of juvenile sexual portrayl. However they're is a fine line between what is inappropriate and what is appropriate. B Gata H kei message was about the exploration of teenage sexuality. There's nothing wrong about elucidating that very fact. At times Japan has been exploitative in showcasing girls or loli portrayment that can be surmised as immoral. Chu-bra is an insidious example of using under-age girls instead of girls that are about to blossom into adult females. Who really wants to watch flat-chested girls that just graduated from wearing diapers? This is in underlying malady that Japan extols and should be censured as unethical.
Jul 2, 2010 7:09 PM

Nov 2008
Claymoreaddicted said:
I agree with what has been stated and reiterated several times, it's a puritanical issue. They're alot of conservatives in Japan and I'm sure the religious right wasn't happy about these instances of juvenile sexual portrayl. However they're is a fine line between what is inappropriate and what is appropriate. B Gata H kei message was about the exploration of teenage sexuality. There's nothing wrong about elucidating that very fact. At times Japan has been exploitative in showcasing girls or loli portrayment that can be surmised as immoral. Chu-bra is an insidious example of using under-age girls instead of girls that are about to blossom into adult females. Who really wants to watch flat-chested girls that just graduated from wearing diapers? This is in underlying malady that Japan extols and should be censured as unethical.

Oh dear oh my look what the cat brought in.

Jul 2, 2010 10:09 PM

May 2008
These are similar to the people who send threats to Disney for planting sexual images into their children when Pocohontas has big boobs, or teaching them anti-Christian beliefs because Rafiki is a shaman in The Lion King. You just can't please everyone, because there's always a few nut jobs out there who think their own point of view is absolute truth.

I am a banana.
Jul 2, 2010 10:24 PM

Nov 2007
What the hell? Doesn't japanese otaku have anything better to do?

Jul 2, 2010 11:04 PM

Aug 2008
I don't even know where to begin. There are WORSE anime (in terms of having sexual depictions) than B Gata H Kei. This is where I think it's just a publicity stunt, or just made by idiots who have never seen this show.

Also, virginity is a bad thing (coming from most posts here)? That's something I can never understand, and I'm not one of those religious "moralfags" out there (I'm agnostic, tbh).

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 3, 2010 12:40 AM

Jul 2010
wow thats over the top xD i really disliked that animes plot and amount of ecchi but thats a little too much
Jul 4, 2010 7:11 AM

Jan 2010
The fuck? Compared to some other sick stuff out there, B Gata H Kei is pretty innocent imo.
Jul 4, 2010 9:38 AM

Dec 2009
Haha, never thought someone would do such a stupid thing... It's already aired, it wasn't a super hit so it's not like much people is going to watch it after it was aired. But why the hell did they do it? Everything were censored, what about the OVA of Kiss x Sis? You can't see the nippels, or pussy, but it's really a little too close...
Jul 5, 2010 5:27 AM

Jun 2010
For all we know, it could have been a conspiracy to raise the popularity of the series.
Jul 5, 2010 10:16 PM

May 2009
I LOVED THE ANIME!!!!!!!
had me laughing every episode. if altered it wouldnt be as fularious as it was

Jul 11, 2010 7:56 PM

Aug 2009
I don't know, they are just saying they have received threatening letters, but has not share at least a paraghaph or sentence. I think this could be also a marketing strategy. Don't you think ?

Aug 9, 2010 5:11 PM
Aug 2010
I laughed....and thought, yea for once it actually is anime that has more of a chance of happening. And if you watch the ending episode, mmhm yup that would happen.

Threat'rs: Deal with reality, it isn't that far from being true.
Sep 4, 2010 9:51 AM

Nov 2009
Oh come on... I know the feeling of getting too much into anime to the point that makes me rage and all but BGHK isn't that bad o.o Its the best ecchi,comedy,seinen anime Ive seen so far(well, the first anime that fitted my 3 noble genres XD).

In addition, they we're not supposed to have sex yet at the end of season 1. The manga is ongoing with 7 volumes. When it gets up to 10 volumes, we'll have a season 2. Im pretty sure of that.
13 episodes = 5 volumes of manga.

correct me if im wrong.
Sorry, Image unavailable. Only awesome people can see it.
Sep 5, 2010 3:39 AM

Apr 2009
what for?!? its a good anime
Sep 5, 2010 3:58 AM

Jun 2010
As long as the staff don't get any threatening letters, its fine..
''Those who opposes the will of the Creators shall be deleted..'' - Ultimate Messiah
Sep 25, 2010 9:16 PM

Jun 2009
i need my shotgun to scare them away so stupid people start running now
Oct 10, 2010 4:15 PM

Jul 2010
if this statement is true, then its most likely feminists becuz it "degrades" women.
or becuz hardcore fans think the 2 main characters wont actually "do it". just my opinion.

Mar 21, 2012 1:17 PM
Mar 2012
hazama said:
Oh come on... I know the feeling of getting too much into anime to the point that makes me rage and all but BGHK isn't that bad o.o Its the best ecchi,comedy,seinen anime Ive seen so far(well, the first anime that fitted my 3 noble genres XD).

In addition, they we're not supposed to have sex yet at the end of season 1. The manga is ongoing with 7 volumes. When it gets up to 10 volumes, we'll have a season 2. Im pretty sure of that.
13 episodes = 5 volumes of manga.

correct me if im wrong.
Ummm, well, your kind of wrong because there's achually 12 episodes in the first season, so what you ment to say was 12 episodes = 5 volumes of manga, and i totally agree too because there is 9 mangas so far (chapter 109 is currently being published, which means this manga is still ongoing) and funimation licensed this anime and i think once they air it about three or four times, they will probably release season two and volume 10 would have been completed. I'm ALMOST CERTIN that will happen, all you gotta do is wait........ well, that may take a while >.< >:(
Mar 24, 2012 12:36 PM

Oct 2010
Pheefa said:
Unless it's a ploy to get more people to buy the DVDs. LOL, that would be silly, but not impossible.

This

+Well the series was pretty mediocre
Mar 24, 2012 1:36 PM

Sep 2011
Dude that Anime was funny as hell, fk those people.
Apr 11, 2012 8:36 AM

Jan 2012
I will admit I enjoyed BGHK until I got to the last few episodes and it shows hentai like scenes! That made me sick to my stomach X(

In a way I don't like them to make another season, I'm fine with season 1.
Apr 12, 2012 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
There much worse shows out there than this one.. With all the harem-slave shows around, how is this show even remotely bad? It's more of a romantic comedy than anything else.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.