Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 9, 2015 3:15 PM

Mar 2013
It was painful to watch the girl getting attached to Hei when you know how he is.
Finally,the girl from the OP make her appereance. I was like "Is that you C.C. ?"
Oct 3, 2015 4:38 AM
Dec 2011
i love this episode nick's power and hei went in to overload but nick's strong desires (his wish) made him a child and summon his sister to the gate and transformed her as well then they both went out in to space but gate make's anything vanish that try to reach out side so i think nick and his sister died.

hei's power was used here but nick didn't want to hurt him so he was safe .. the Indian girl found her heart which was lost (she love hei) but hei is missing so her price was that :3

the girl who appeared in front of hei when nick shot hei is hei's sister hei's strong desire that "she is always there for me" or some thought that was in his mind made it :3
this is awesome every puzzle is starting to make sense :3 i love hei :3
Nov 28, 2015 2:49 AM
May 2012
I laughed when he reverted back from being a kid. That was cute.
Dec 8, 2015 4:11 AM
Jul 2015
My 2 cents on Nick. He died. Did we all see the crater hei woke up in? That was from Nick exploded into a big release of energy. Hei was protected because he was between the two dimensions; able to witness both but interact with neither (tranxed in the real world, tripping balls with nicks). Just an idea but it's my interpretation. I'm just watching this for the first time really dig the series so far.
Jan 10, 2016 12:03 PM

Dec 2014
Feel like I have to re-watch the last 2 episodes over again since I'm so lost on what happened. No more multitasking while watching this show. Gotta be 100% focused while watching since this seems like a show you have to watch a little bit more interpretatively than thea average anime
Mar 3, 2016 2:54 PM

Aug 2014
I guess I was wrong, Mina didn't die.

Weird ending to this arc...Well at least we got a little bit of insight on Hei's past.
Mar 7, 2016 6:06 AM

Jul 2008
The more answers we get the more questions it raises, this stuff gets trippy.
May 20, 2016 6:06 AM

Feb 2016
guess i have to admit it but i didn't understand what was going on in this one actually. all i can say is that the soundtrack and atmosphere used in this was superb. furthermore it looks like all events happening there have to do something with the fact that the hell gate can give people what they want from it if an equal price is paid for it.

another point to mention is that i faintly got the imagination of nick being the same person as li only with the difference in his outer appearance. maybe he's the li from a parallel universe or something like that. this could also be connected to the gate as i've mentioned already.
May 26, 2016 8:06 AM

Apr 2014
Not understanding something in this show is a completely different feeling than not understanding something in Peguindrum. This arc was good. The indian chick was kinda useless though
Jun 2, 2016 6:50 PM

Apr 2015
Hope they explain everything that has to be explained so that I can reminisce this arc back and put it right back to my understanding of the show like a puzzle
Jul 22, 2016 6:58 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't think the Indian chick would survive this arc tbh

Girl from the opening is finally making an appearance?
Aug 15, 2016 9:42 AM

Sep 2013
Kind of slow paced. Not my favorite episode/storyline

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 22, 2016 3:17 PM

Nov 2015
'She found what she has lost, now her renumeration is completed', maybe finding love was the thing she lost because she said she never met a contractor/person like Hei before
Feb 27, 2017 8:43 PM

Jul 2013
I love the scenes with the falling stars and the rocket. It's beautiful.
So the gate makes people see what they had lost. Makes this episode feel rather bittersweet.
Jul 9, 2017 7:30 PM

May 2010
I'm so confuuused, what's even going on here T^T And why is every single lady having hots for Hei? I was hoping we'd get to know him a little better, but now I know he has a big sister complex, and that's about it. Sigh.
Jul 23, 2017 10:15 PM

May 2015
the music in this ep was really sick. wow
Aug 6, 2017 4:32 AM

Sep 2015
quite a confusing episode, lots of questions, complete with C.C. from Code Geass, and featuring a blonde Shinichi Kudu
Feb 17, 2018 4:45 PM
Feb 2018
I think his sister was already dead. Therefore why he had to revert to his child self. And yea the shard can make your dreams come true and this time the price was death. The rocket scene was his dream coming true.
Apr 14, 2018 6:00 PM

Jan 2017
this was the first time a contractor had pupils, normally you could recognize them by having totally different eyes (without pupils), but nick had some, so...

also, i HATED meena in this episode, she was so clingy and whiny and literally shaking every time she said anything, behaving 100% irresponsibly. this whole whiny shaky crush behaviour was just standing in the way and making everything more complicated. just focuse on the job girl

edit: ok maybe they did have pupils, at this point i'm not sure anymore :(
okwhynotApr 16, 2018 3:36 PM
Dec 2, 2018 5:27 PM

Feb 2015
Very nice conclusion. I loved watching the friendship develop between Hei and Nick - all of the parallels between them. It was nice to also see a contractor like Hei who apparently has retained some of his emotions and dreams. Maybe in another lifetime they would have become friends.

cyruz said:

And maybe I'm going in too deep with this, but somehow I think Hei's dark, dull blue eyes sort of represent a night sky without stars. Stars seem to play an important role so perhaps this isn't totally off ^.

I like that thought.

Loved the surreal imagery within the Gate especially at the end. I wonder at the deeper meaning of it all.

May 26, 2020 7:03 PM

Jul 2016
Wait what, i feel like i understood the episode as well as not
Oct 9, 2020 5:28 AM

Mar 2018
Maybe I am simply used to shows that have a bit of a WTF factor but I thought it was all pretty clear to me. Mina has regained the ability to love and fall in love (hence her standing there at the end crying for having lost Hei), Nic probably dissolved or died and while doing so regained everything he had lost (his dead sister, his joy and innocence), in the case of Hei I am not sure but we will find out
Dec 28, 2020 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
Interesting ending and nice to see the girl from the OP (seems like a potential interesting character tied deeply with Hei somehow) but I found the episode itself to be pretty boring, the show's surprisingly inconsistent when it comes to its entertainment again as this one felt like it took forever to get through this episode. The show's had a couple good arcs, couple bad arcs, nothing spectacular really halfway through. At least the dub is solid and the music is good, although Yoko Kanno's done a lot better imo.
Feb 9, 2021 1:09 PM
Oct 2019
why does hei give that doll candy sometimes? speaking of the doll, several episodes back she grabbed Hei's hand as he was about to walk away when Huang was yelling at him. what was that about?

huang took a day off? yea right. i don't believe that for a second

was that blonde girl the scientist's sister?

sadly, these last 2 arcs have been pretty meh. i legit thought this show was a borderline 9/10, but now it's fallen to more of a 7/10+. i hope it regains some of its earlier glory
Feb 16, 2021 10:27 AM

May 2020
Seems this episode hard to digest. Hei just need to check what happened inside. Some of scientist know Hei. Idk either what they are working for. A piece of meteor just work fine well. I don't see any intense fight in here.
Apr 8, 2021 2:51 AM

May 2020
Man, Hei sure knows his way around the ladies. Of course, the guy who doesn't care about women is the one that gets along with them the best.

It felt forced as to how fast Meena seemed to become attracted to Hei. I mean, her having a crush felt normal but going from that to jeopardizing the mission for him was just unnatural.
Jun 29, 2021 4:33 AM

Jan 2020
LMAO, that rocket scene
Jun 29, 2021 4:36 AM

Jan 2020
Well Nick got his wish granted, but at what cost...?
Jun 29, 2021 4:38 AM

Jan 2020
`Because you're the kindest people I ever met` Can't tell if the Indian woman is just horny for Hei or there's other thing she looks at him
Jul 28, 2021 11:57 AM

Mar 2019
Who's Yin?? And why did Hei thank her at the end. She didn't do anything aside from showing up there and saying nothing. This episode was confusing as well, but seems like the first "cour" is over and that girl that's in the second opening has appeared. I guess the memory fragment also has its powers since it did something to Nick, sadly he died. Those two were very identical after all, so Hei's wish to kill that scientist wasn't random.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 30, 2021 7:20 PM

Aug 2018
It was obvious that Nick was behind it all...

Jan 27, 2022 4:44 PM
Oct 2020
lakshika said:
the Indian girl found her heart which was lost (she love hei) but hei is missing so her price was that

I really like this explanation of what happened to Mina. I think you are exactly right.
Feb 8, 2022 8:48 AM
Jan 2020
I just finished reading 15 years worth of discussions and have come to the conclusion that I am lost...

Still, I'm gonna make a summary of what I think are the best explanations. Fellow future confused viewers, I think the explanations which matter the most are:

1. Anyone who goes past Hell's Gate is allowed to have their wish granted but they have to pay a price for it.

2. The PANDORA research facility is basically built into "Hell's Gate" and anyone who ventures beyond that is allowed to have their wish granted as they have gone past the gate.

3. The meteor shard is a sort of catalyst or enhancer which allows the person using it to see their wishes and desires. However, as explained earlier, the wishes can only fully "come true" if they have gone past Hell's Gate and entered the area where the blast occured. Again, a price has to be paid.

4. Corrina was working for the CIA to get the meteor shard which I'm assuming was in the form of a telescope lens. Hence, why she was snooping around earlier with the telescope before Nick found her because he too wanted the meteor shard for his own wish. I'm also assuming she was planning to use the shard for her own wish after discovering it.

5. Mina/Meena found love (for Hei) or rather learned to love again but lost Hei soon after and that was the price she had to pay. Tbh I have no idea if this is true but it seems like it's the only explanation that makes sense.

6. Nick had wanted to see the real sky/stars and also wanted to go to space with his sister. He got what he wanted during the explosion sequence. When Hei and Nick were in that yellow dimension, I think the meteor shard was showing their wishes. Both of them wanted to see the real sky and it showed that. But, I think only Nick grabbed the chance to fulfill all of his wishes and his price was death. Hei didn't grab the chance to make his wish "come true" so he didn't have to pay a price and was left behind with just a glimpse of what could have been if he did.

7. Hei thanks Yin for snapping him out of it at the end or he would've been caught by the cops.

That's most of what I could gather... If anyone reading this has anymore questions regarding this arc, please continue the discussion. I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I've missed out.

On a side note, I had no idea who the green-haired girl everyone was talking about until I re-watched the episode and OP. I had always assumed her hair was yellow for some reason and was genuinely confused when everyone kept mentioning her...
Apr 8, 2022 4:19 PM
May 2019
I didn't get it what's happened in this episode especially the last minutes !
May 22, 2022 7:58 PM
Dec 2020
So, it's a big deal to send a few people into Hell's Gate and they need hazmat suits, but if people have already gone in, then it's okay to send a whole bunch of people in without hazmat suits? 🤔
Aug 5, 2022 6:41 PM
Aug 2021
i want to know what triggered the phenomena? why is the shard glowing? what happened to the bullet that nick fired ? did he fire the gun at a blue ghost ?
Mar 11, 2023 10:30 AM
Jun 2020
Why did the video footage have reversed letters on the sign (as pointed out by Meena)?
Mar 18, 2023 1:31 AM
May 2017
So, the power of dream become possible through gate or the meteor fragment.
Aug 1, 2023 8:31 AM

Apr 2013
Eeeeeh... can we please get that detective back again?
Oct 5, 2023 11:38 PM

Sep 2017
This green bitch

Li getting out alive when Nick shot him was asspulled outta nowhere.

Can't understand what is going on at all, its more boring than geology class.

Dropped

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 5, 2023 11:40 PM

Sep 2017
Reply to Sandgolem
I have no idea what was going on...I was following the story fine up until the blast. Where it got really really fucking trippy. I have no idea what that indiana woman's power was, let alone her rumination, and I have no Idea what Yin did besides look at Hei through the puddle.
@Sandgolem Same

Story telling is ass and can't focus on what each character is doing.

Its like they forgot there was an audience watching and just went on a drunk spree improvising.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Jul 21, 2007

105 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Jul 21, 2007

100 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 13, 2007

99 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 11, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - Jul 6, 2007

144 by YankataY »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - Jul 6, 2007

102 by YankataY »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.