Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 1, 2007 12:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm not really sure what happened but it was a real nice episode.

Was funny to see Nick and Hei having the same ability. I liked the psychologic parts of this episode, too, really interesting.

And maybe I'm going in too deep with this, but somehow I think Hei's dark, dull blue eyes sort of represent a night sky without stars. Stars seem to play an important role so perhaps this isn't totally off ^^.

Next episode seems like it'll be a funny one involving some more scenes with and about Yin, looking forward to it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 1, 2007 6:13 AM
Jun 2006
the torrent from sudo wont work for me =/
Jul 1, 2007 6:17 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I just tried and it seems like it works, try again in a few minutes maybe.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 1, 2007 6:22 AM
Jun 2006
keep getting error ( unregistered torrent ) ohwell I guess ill wait awhile and try again :)

Jul 1, 2007 8:16 AM

Nov 2004
Jul 1, 2007 8:33 AM

Aug 2006
izikiel said:
the torrent from sudo wont work for me =/

I'm having the same problem...
Jul 1, 2007 9:33 AM

Apr 2007
Weird, torrent worked for me.
Using Azureus.
Jul 1, 2007 10:08 PM

Jun 2007
I found Episode 12 on Veoh.com

It was a really interesting Episode, I'm confused on Yin's involvement, as fas I know all she can do is recon. How she helped him out exactly is bothering me. Also the sub I saw (Sudo) mentioned that the Indian girl had completed her renumeration although I never saw her use any Contractor powers are ever act like a contractor. I'm excited about this upcoming episode. It will dive more into Yin's background. Apparently she wasn't always an emotionless doll and she remembers her past albeit the emotions intangible now.

Jul 2, 2007 8:59 AM

Apr 2007
Hmm, It is indeed a confusing ep for me too. The confusing points include that as Legion17 stated, the Indian girl's renumeration...whatever her powers were I never noticed it. Also Yin's help that deserves "thanks" from Hei, whatever did she do? And heh, the last scene before the ED...whoever that girl might be, shes cute xD
Lookin forward too to next ep with moar Yin.
Jul 2, 2007 10:27 AM

Feb 2005
The green haired girl in the end is no doubt the girl seen with Hei in the OP...
And man, this series is just becoming more and more interesting...
Jul 2, 2007 11:57 AM

Jan 2005
I think this series is the best one airing right now. It just keep getting better :) Great episode, a little confusing at times, but still great. :)

Somehow I kept getting "flashbacks" from Blood+ when I watched ep 9-12. Anyone else experiencing the same "phenomenon"? :p
Jul 2, 2007 6:20 PM

Aug 2006
I'm so damn confused =/

...so many questions...
Jul 2, 2007 6:28 PM

Nov 2004
Jul 5, 2007 12:37 AM

May 2007
I really enjoyed this episode. Hei is as awesome as ever.

First... Hei and Nick are very similar. I think, most importantly, are the emotions they project and share with each other.

I wonder what that blue light in the form of a girl was... I 'm thinking it was the girl you see at the end of the episode... err...

If it wasn't that girl, then maybe it was Meena. I still don't know what her renumeration is... Was it her covering her mouth with a handkerchief? Still, it could've been Yin who was the blue light, but I thought Yin's medium was water, which we see later as Hei snaps out of it while in the crater.

cyruz said:
And maybe I'm going in too deep with this, but somehow I think Hei's dark, dull blue eyes sort of represent a night sky without stars. Stars seem to play an important role so perhaps this isn't totally off ^^.

Did you see the starry sky reflected in to his eyes? That was pretty cool. Also, the cartoon like rocket blasting off was beautiful and amazing itself.

Next episode looks great. More Yin! I seem to like her personality from what I've seen in the preview. Looking forward to it!
mild_evenJul 5, 2007 12:41 AM
Jul 5, 2007 1:22 AM

Aug 2006
I thought it was pretty straight forward really.

Yin snapped him out of it and basically let him know that people were coming and he needed to run at the end.

Slowly getting more background.
#dontcare
Jul 6, 2007 10:36 AM
Jun 2007
The girl looks like C.C. 0_o

Jul 6, 2007 3:27 PM

Apr 2007
Aokaado said:
Chelle said:
I'm so damn confused =/

...so many questions...
qft

QFT x2

More questions just keep piling up. I couldn't figure out the remuneration of the female researcher. I got Yin's involvement since Hei called out her name when he looked into the puddle in the crater after the blast of light though.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 16, 2007 8:35 AM

Apr 2007
I have no idea what was going on...I was following the story fine up until the blast. Where it got really really fucking trippy. I have no idea what that indiana woman's power was, let alone her rumination, and I have no Idea what Yin did besides look at Hei through the puddle.
Jul 16, 2007 9:35 AM

May 2007
Sandgolem said:
I have no idea what was going on...I was following the story fine up until the blast. Where it got really really fucking trippy. I have no idea what that indiana woman's power was, let alone her rumination, and I have no Idea what Yin did besides look at Hei through the puddle.

Indiana woman?! o.O
Jul 16, 2007 10:07 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Indian, I guess.

This is her:

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 16, 2007 10:08 AM

Apr 2007
Typo...but Im guessing everyone is as lost as i am still.
Jul 16, 2007 10:55 AM

May 2007
Sandgolem said:
Typo...but Im guessing everyone is as lost as i am still.

I was picking on you. I knew what you meant. =P
Aug 6, 2007 11:49 AM

Apr 2007
AnimusNathan said:

[2]
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 22, 2008 10:32 AM

Mar 2008
cyruz said:
Indian, I guess.

This is her:

It looks like someone was taking advantage of her...
May 1, 2008 2:54 PM

Apr 2008
Sintaku said:
cyruz said:
Indian, I guess.

This is her:

It looks like someone was taking advantage of her...
Lmao, she looks like she's gonna be raped. I don't think she'd mind ;]
Jun 14, 2008 4:00 PM

Jun 2008
Ohhh that was an interesting episode!!!

But... Mina walked into the boys bathroom xD

StabbyPWNSJun 17, 2008 8:12 PM

Sig WILL change soon~
Jun 17, 2008 11:58 PM
Feb 2008
Sandgolem said:

The Indian chick most likely had some sort of deal with the Syndicate Hei works for. Do research on the Meteor Shard and you can work there. For some reason, people are after these "items". That diamond plant thing, now the shard...hmmm
Jun 21, 2008 12:40 AM

Mar 2008
Jeez, Hei can be such an ass sometimes. To Mina especially, in these last few eps.

Anyway. So I'm confused. O.o Blaggkjsf.
Also: YES! We are finally going to get some backgroung on Yin. -happy dance- I have been dying to know what her story is for ages! :D
Aug 25, 2008 4:23 AM
Aug 2008
Loserkid said:
Jeez, Hei can be such an ass sometimes. To Mina especially, in these last few eps.

Come on. Every hetero female in the series is hot for Hei. If he got involved with half of them, he would rapidly pick up something considerably worse than mono. Give the guy a break. He burns up a lot of energy fighting for the Syndicate, then cooking up enough food to feed himself, and now you want him to be a lover, too?

Mina: Hei, I'm falling in love with you.
Hei: Look, lady, everybody falls in love with me, you're going to have to take a number and wait in line like everybody else...
Mina: No, really, I want to impress you by drawing public attention to every phase of our secret spy mission.
Hei: You know what would really impress me? If you could keep your mouth shut and let me take care of business for once...
formosanAug 25, 2008 4:30 AM
Sep 28, 2008 9:04 PM

Apr 2008
Loved this episode, one of my favourites so far!!!

Legion17 said:
....Also the sub I saw (Sudo) mentioned that the Indian girl had completed her renumeration although I never saw her use any Contractor powers are ever act like a contractor.....
I watched Syndicate's sub and there is no mention, or even indication, of Mina being a Contractor. Possibly it was a mistranlation on the part of Sudo? :/
Dec 13, 2008 10:27 PM

Jul 2008
Lol, the episode wasn't bad, but the ending was the most ambiguous thing I have ever seen.

It's clear Yin did something, but between the explosion, Nick flying off in a spaceship, the researcher's remuneration and the girl in the tower, I'm quite lost.
Jun 5, 2009 4:27 AM

May 2008
Jun 28, 2009 10:59 PM

Aug 2008
tho re watching it and commenting, i can't believe people never comments on the more important parts about this episode besides the confusion with Yin doing something, she obviously snapped him out of that trance, and was possible because only contractors can see or seance them. and no one noticed Hei's sister Bai helping him during the shot or at least doing something.
Jul 6, 2009 3:20 PM

Jun 2008
LOL HOLY THE ROCKET!

I'm not too confused as of yet, reading through some comments helped. Can't wait to hear more about Yin<3
Jul 20, 2009 10:45 AM

Dec 2008
remuneration: the act of paying for goods or services or to recompense for losses

researcher that was talking to nick hei (tsk, they just have so much in common):
"she found what she had lost and completed her remuneration"

seeing as how she didn't show any contractor powers I'm guessing it relates more with the formal definition.
so the translators probably used that word to confuse us even more.

AnimusNathan said:
The girl looks like C.C.

yeah that girl at the end... I'm guessing that was amber huh
i was wondering when she'd appear.
enkilJul 20, 2009 10:48 AM
Aug 27, 2009 12:08 AM

Aug 2009
The girl with green hair looks like CC from Code Geass. And why professor Sergey has no sur name?
Sep 2, 2009 9:46 AM

Apr 2009
Wasn't the girl his sister? o.O I'm pretty sure that's her who he lost (and then 'found again withing the gate')
And the other one, at the end of the episode, that's the one from the OP...
Haha, the Indian girl seems to have hots for Hei. I'm with her on that one xP Although he kinda looks like a junkie.

...he's not a regular contractor, he seems to be way more emotional than most of the other ones...Especially when it comes to his sister. I felt bad for him when he said that in the end, contractors can't dream...

Sandgolem said:
I have no Idea what Yin did besides look at Hei through the puddle.

I think...if it wasn't for her, Hei would keep sitting there in shock, and in the end - be captured by the people who came to see the commotion. She kind of snapped him back into reality. That's just my interpretation though.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 3, 2009 11:07 AM

Jul 2008
I wonder what Corinna saw that made her so insane.. maybe something similar to the rocket? xD
Sep 21, 2009 7:39 AM

Apr 2009
nehnehneji said:
Loved this episode, one of my favourites so far!!!

Legion17 said:
....Also the sub I saw (Sudo) mentioned that the Indian girl had completed her renumeration although I never saw her use any Contractor powers are ever act like a contractor.....
I watched Syndicate's sub and there is no mention, or even indication, of Mina being a Contractor. Possibly it was a mistranlation on the part of Sudo? :/

Yeah, I guess they probably said something like she payed her debt or fulfilled her contract/agreement with the Syndicate. The sudo translation didn't make sense. Guess someone was sleeping there. Still, this is the first time I've noticed something like this, so I still think they've done a nice job.

I loved this episode! Hei snapping is great, we get to see his motivations a little better!
Oct 13, 2009 10:13 PM

Apr 2008
pretty interesting ... same time hard to understand

Oct 14, 2009 2:57 PM

Apr 2009
good episode,but hard to understand some things... D8
Oct 14, 2009 4:20 PM

Sep 2008
Dang it, I keep hoping that things would start to make more sense... Things get more confusing! At least everything has been interesting... I wonder what the heck happened to Hei's sister, and if he's ever going to find her again?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2009 4:42 AM

Jun 2009
I don't really understand this show...

out of 6 arc so far, 3 are interesting, and 2 that really tempted me to drop this show, while 1 is okay... I gatha admit, it's getting slightly interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2009 4:06 AM

May 2009
AnimusNathan said:
I think so too.
love the episode
Dec 20, 2009 9:27 AM

Sep 2009
unholy_cat said:
AnimusNathan said:
I think so too.
love the episode

Yeah.
Looking forward next episode.
May 9, 2010 3:58 AM

Feb 2010
-LU- said:
unholy_cat said:
AnimusNathan said:
I think so too.
love the episode

Yeah.
Looking forward next episode.

As with I. Yin!!
May 30, 2010 5:26 AM

Sep 2009
Good episode, but I'm really excited about the next one. Background info on Yin and that private investigator and that pink haired girl is back (I liked them).
Jun 19, 2010 12:01 AM
Feb 2008
Resaw it

Still makes lolwut sense wise when Nick and Hei "share" that vision. Nick is seeing what he lost. His innocence? His dreams? His sister is there too maybe he lost her as well?

The Indian girl is not a contractor. The dub says she regained what she lost, which is what several people say is possible within the Gate (which they acknowledge as an urban myth as well)

Maybe it was her ability to love? Maybe she closed herself off to it she did say she was focused on research only. And we all know how much attention that demands and how it would whittle away at other aspects of life especially when you plunge yourself into it. She was clearly falling in love with Hei. (Or maybe fascinated by him. You know like a sorta scientific love :P)

Yin's spectre somehow wakes Hei up and the head guy Sergei was a mole for the Syndicate as well.

I forgot how interesting this show was...
Jul 11, 2010 9:50 PM
Jun 2010
cyruz said:

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Jul 21, 2007

105 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Jul 21, 2007

100 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 13, 2007

99 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 11, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - Jul 6, 2007

144 by YankataY »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - Jul 6, 2007

102 by YankataY »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.