Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2010 5:09 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:26 AM
Oct 25, 2011 9:57 PM

Apr 2010
The end of season 3. I wonder if I should even bother watching the first half of next season. (UGH.)

Jun 1, 2012 12:22 PM

Mar 2011
Episode is good, but I feel as i have missed something.
Vegeta in last episode is acting differently and there is just something off.
Nov 20, 2013 3:49 PM

May 2012
They sure used a lot of time skips but well it was all quite lovely as now everyone who was dead is back and lol Bulma's hear changed again and it seems Son Goku will get there in time but on his own remarks as even after 130 days he still didn't get back which sure makes up for something else! Now that the Namekians are transferred to another planet with most likely their pokeballs I wonder what the story will be like next and when Goku will come to earth!

Either way great ending episode for this arc!
Dec 15, 2013 11:30 PM

Jun 2009
This episode brings an end to the Frieza saga.

Boba_Fett said:
They sure used a lot of time skips

Better than shitty filler, especially since next saga is entirely composed of it.
Jan 11, 2014 5:54 AM

Oct 2009
Yamucha's body was probably regenerated by Kami-sama, that's why he didn't appear in the place he died. But if that's the case, why he didn't just lose his nimbus and have to go all the serpentine road as Goku did at one time? It could have been another special service from Polunga, Namekian Shen Long
So Piccolo didn't go with his kin
Too bad they didn't show as they gathered Dragon Balls, I would love to see that

RafaelDeJongh said:
lol Bulma's hear changed again

You meant hair
Bulma should be around 29 years old already. And I'd love to see what's Lunch doing now and how she looks. Should be beautiful as always

THE TIGER RETURNS IN THE NEXT EPISODE!!! YES I"VE BEEN WAITING FOR IT ALL THIS TIME YO-HOOO!!!
I can't express strongly enough how I'm glad, I thought that they forgot about the tiger for sure
I already don't like the attitude of Kuririn's new girlfriend. But, we shall see. At least she looks nice
So, new antagonist and his underlings appear in next episode. And let me guess, they are even stronger than Freeza, former emperor of the universe?

P.S. What's that "Z Warriors"? What does "Z" mean?
SerhiykoFeb 9, 2014 5:00 AM
Feb 3, 2014 6:02 PM

Dec 2013
Well, onto a new arc. I loved this one a lot and don't expect the next ones to be as good, but maybe I will be wrong. Wonder who the next powerful monster/villain/antagonist will be....
Feb 19, 2014 2:24 AM

Jan 2013
Those 5 minutes until the explosion of Planet Namek took 4hours in our time xD (like 16 episodes or so).
In any case I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't show us how Goku survived, but other than that this arc was quite epic. Well good luck next time... Also I wonder if the Z Warriors were killed by Frieza and his ring in the past year that being the reason of them being back. I have a feeling that Goku wont appear against these guys.

Anyways onto a new arc.
Feb 19, 2014 4:16 AM

Oct 2009
ao_no_exo said:
In any case I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't show us how Goku survived, but other than that this arc was quite epic.

They will show it in episode 123, although it contradicts with what was shown in the previous episode

ao_no_exo said:
Also I wonder if the Z Warriors were killed by Frieza and his ring in the past year that being the reason of them being back.

Only Kuririn and Vegeta were killed by Freeza. Well, technically Vegeta was one of his ring, too, but he's probably not considered as one by neither Earth's Shen Long or Namekian Polunga. As for the time, it took about three days for Kuririn and Gohan to heal in the hospital, then ten days for Bulma to input Namekian into translating device, then 34 days to reach Namek. While they were still on Namek, Goku receives senzu beans and it takes him six days to arrive in his spaceship. After that, only few hours pass before Namek is destroyed (e.g. Vegeta assumed that it should only take around 40 or 50 minutes for Goku to heal in the Medical Machine). After that Polunga grants wishes every 130 days
But don't forget that an year's restriction is only confirmed for Earth's Shen Long, we don't know for sure that Namekian Polunga has this restriction as well
SerhiykoFeb 20, 2014 2:55 AM
Feb 19, 2014 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
Serhiyko said:
ao_no_exo said:
In any case I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't show us how Goku survived, but other than that this arc was quite epic.

They will show it in episode 123, although it contradicts with what was shown in the previous episode

ao_no_exo said:
Also I wonder if the Z Warriors were killed by Frieza and his ring in the past year that being the reason of them being back.

Only Kuririn and Vegeta were killed by Frieza. Well, technically Vegeta was one of his ring, too, but he's probably not considered as one by neither Earth's Shen Long or Namekian Polunga. As for the time, it took about three days for Kuririn and Gohan to heal in the hospital, then ten days for Bulma to input Namekian into translating device, then 34 days to reach Namek. While they were still on Namek, Goku receives senzu beans and it takes him six days to arrive in his spaceship. After that, only few hours pass before Namek is destroyed (e.g. Vegeta assumed that it should only take around 40 or 50 minutes for Goku to heal in the Medical Machine). After that Pulonga grants wishes every 130 days
But don't forget that an year's restriction is only confirmed for Earth's Shen Long, we don't know for sure that Namekian Polunga has this restriction as well
Hehe I knew that they wont let that go... but it takes that many episodes O.O wow.

But the wish to resurrect everyone was made by the Shen Long of earth which means it should mean that everyone everywhere killed in that year by Frieza and his ring including Vegeta's killings up to the point where he decided to not be part of Frieza should have been revived everywhere.
The Shen Long Polunga only had to bring everyone from Namek to earth so that is not interfering with the first wish.

I will see later on how those new guys came back (though one is clearly Piccolo xD) (do not spoil it though).
Feb 19, 2014 3:13 PM

Oct 2009
ao_no_exo said:
But the wish to resurrect everyone was made by the Shen Long of earth which means it should mean that everyone everywhere killed in that year by Frieza and his ring including Vegeta's killings up to the point where he decided to not be part of Frieza should have been revived everywhere.

Not exactly. Watch more closely episode 99, Popo's wish was like this:
Popo said:
Um, want to have those killed by Freeza and his men returned to life. This on distant planet. Can you grant this wish?

So not everywhere, ONLY on Planet Namek. Shen Long says so in episode 100, too:
Shen Long said:
I have succeeded. Whosoever was killed by Freeza and his ring on Planet Namek have been returned to life.
SerhiykoFeb 21, 2014 7:42 AM
Feb 21, 2014 2:17 AM

Jan 2013
Serhiyko said:
ao_no_exo said:

Not exactly. Watch more closely episode 99, Popo's wish was like this:
Popo said:
Um, want to have those killed by Freeza and his men returned to life. This on distant planet. Can you grant this wish?

So not everywhere, ONLY on planet Namek. Shen Long says so in episode 100, too:
Shen Long said:
I have succeeded. Whosoever was killed by Freeza and his ring on Planet Namek have been returned to life.
Oooh you are right, I kind of forgot about "on a distant planet".

Also for anyone reading this: watch DBZ Movie 1 before episode 108, or it will make no sense. You can watch it anytime between ep 3 and 108.
Jan 4, 2016 9:09 PM

Mar 2008
Kron445 said:
Episode is good, but I feel as i have missed something.<br />

It's like that whole fight between Vegeta and Gohan never happened. I guess the director for that episode didn't quite know what was coming next.
Nothing
Jan 4, 2016 9:17 PM

Mar 2008
Well, apparently both episodes were written by the same guy. That's a pretty big screw-up.
Nothing
Jan 14, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
The Namekians and Vegeta stay at Bulma's house for the time they have to wait for summoning Polunga with the Dragon Balls. They wish Krillin and Yamchu back to life. Son Goku is already alive and don't want to come back to Earth, because he probably trains (or he fears his wife Chi-Chi like Muten Roshi told xD). After this, Vegeta flies away. He probably wants to train, too. Another 130 days or one Namekian year later, they wished Chaozu and Tenshinhan back to life. With the last wish, a new planet for the Namekians was created. That was the end of this arc!
Mar 8, 2016 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
And so ends the great Namek saga.
Jun 21, 2016 8:25 PM

Feb 2016
Frieza Saga Complete.

Gotta love how Chi-Chi suddenly has a sword.

Master Roshi: I know why he doesn't want to come back! He's scared of his wife!!!!

*weapon equip: Sword* Chi-Chi: WHAT?

xD

Also that's nice, Captain "Frog" Ginyu was brought along and has turned tides. (Not that he has a choice... a frog has to live life too lol) Probably won't ever see him again though, but he'll always (presumably) be in Bulma's Residence Pond.

Also her father was called "Dr.Brief"? So she's Bulma Brief? lol.

I also thought it was kinda funny it seems Vegeta isn't good with girls, but he's still stubborn by nature. His shyness dwells behind that wall of steel.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 19, 2018 5:53 PM

Nov 2017
That was a really sweet episode, those 2 years went by very fast. All the loose ends of the Frieza saga have been finally tied up, except for one. What happened to Goku and where has he been all this time? I wonder how strong he'll be if he'd been training that whole time.

Nice to see that Vegeta settled in to life on Earth for a year, and that everyone, even Ginyu got a nice life. Also everyone from king Kai's planet is back. When the nameks disappeared it made me shed a tear for good old Dende... But I guess nobody on earth can use the namek dragon balls anymore, which means if Goku, Krillin, Roshi or Chaotzu die then they can't return. Well Piccolo is almost like Gohan's secret protector now and I bet Chi Chi barely knows about it. Speaking of that, what happened between Piccolo and Nail? Did Nail leave his body to go with the nameks or is he still there? It would have been nice to see those 2 years in more detail.
You can't miss something until it's gone.
Mar 8, 2019 7:34 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
the next evil boy can come!

Mar 10, 2019 10:36 AM

Jul 2008
THis arc dragged for so long, and then in the last episode 2 massive timeskips. I just find that funny.

And as for Goku....WHAT THE HELL MAN?! Get your ass back to Earth.
Dec 17, 2019 1:29 AM

Mar 2010
Kron445 said:
Episode is good, but I feel as i have missed something.
100% same feelings. Especially last episode Vegeta was evil and wanted to be the ruler of the universe after Freezer+Goku apparently died, now he is pointing on how they can revive others by getting the souls back on earth. Also no scratch or anything on Gohan, like their last fight didnt happen, weird. I even think that Vegeta looks slightly different here, but can't point out exactly what it is.

Somehow still enjoyed this episode a lot, this was the first flirting time Vegeta+Bulma. Like a foreshadowing of sorts and I like things like this.

Though I wonder why Goku was away for such a long time.

And it was time to finally say goodbye to the namekians, Dende and his healing powers gonna be missed.

Now everyone except Goku is back on earth.

The arc finally ended, it was a good one although it got some unnecessary lengths towards the end imo.

Before the next arc I will watch: DBZ Movie 1,2,3, Bardock Special, Movie 4 and 5. to stay in line.
VoelDec 17, 2019 1:52 AM
Aug 1, 2020 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
This is a surprise. I half expected Vegeta to keep the mocking tirade that Goku will never come back to Gohan, but he seems to have changed his mind, for his interests, that is. Well, well, Vegeta keeps gradually changing without him realizing it. What's even amusing was when Bulma was flirting around with him. His face at such a bold action and the unprecedented coy name that followed was priceless. It was a fun episode, filled with lighthearted moments as the Namek immigrants learned various human activities.

This marks the end of the Frieza Saga. What an intense saga it has been. Everyone's efforts to bring down the mighty Frieza was highly interesting and entertaining to watch. It reminds me of just how mentally strong the child Gohan and the very much human Krillin are for undergoing such a dangerous situation.

Imagine if Piccolo transported alongside the other Nameks after their wish for relocation. Ah, that would have been extremely funny.
Oct 5, 2020 8:22 AM
May 2019
Oh, so it seems Goku is actually alive! That was sort of what I was expecting - that he somehow survived through an entire planet exploding. It must be strange for the entire city to witness the Namekian wish-granting dragon summoned. Loved how the police instantly dismissed it as threatening and considered to be an experiment of Bulma's parents' doing. They certainly must be used to these sorts of strange things. Well, at the very least, all of Goku's deceased allies have been brought back to life.
Feb 2, 2021 2:39 PM

Mar 2011
So Vegeta helped them out, and looks like he did NOTHING for 130 days... That's SO out of character for someone that wants to rule the universe that's crazy, he could at least have ruled some planets like the Earth, for example (unless Piccolo and Gohan can beat him).
And how Goku survived?

Before, the arc was dragged AF, now it's fast AF. It's quite strange/disorienting.
Apr 20, 2021 3:28 AM

Oct 2020
A nice ending of the story!!!

New it he is alive. Goku always makes it out. He sure had a backup else he wouldn't be so clam that time. But I wonder how? Did he just flew to another planet very fast or ?

So everyone is in a normal life. I like it that Vegeta is changing towards goodness. Though it is very slowly but still appreciate it. Gohan and Dinde separated. It was really sad moment. Wish they meet again in a good day. Others are back Thanks to Namekian Dragon Porunga. It seems like Porunga and Shen Lon are both very powerful with different abilities. Good to see Piccolo Junior stays. Though I wonder if Neel is still inside him and also if Piccolo is charging the rent he promised from Neel XD!!!
Jun 11, 2021 5:11 PM

Jul 2016
So closes this entire saga.. and my lord was it long. I checked out mid way through as the filler was not engaging enough to keep my attention. Some great moments in there nonetheless!

Maybe I'll start watching Kai when the Garlic Jr. Saga starts :).
Jul 22, 2022 5:19 AM
Mar 2015
This episode moved so extremly fast! And it seems the fight between Gohan and Vegeta never happened? Also we´ve seen Vegeta fly away last episode so how come he was with the Namekians and the others this episode? Also it felt out of character ... It was a very disorienting episode, like someone has pointed out before.. The pieces don´t seem to fit..

Anyway I´m curious what Saga is coming up and how things will unfold!
Sep 2, 2022 5:33 PM
May 2020
everyone came back, yay!
Oct 9, 2022 5:26 AM
Oct 2022
very confusing if you didnt watch the deadzone before
Feb 27, 3:17 AM

Aug 2020
So they just didn't revive the Namekians who were killed by Vegeta? Shouldn't they have used the third wish for doing that instead of transporting them to another planet since the 1-year window since their death would have ended by the time their dragon balls are restored? I think they should have wished for:

1. Transport the spirits of all the Namekians killed by Vegeta to Earth
2. Bring all the Namekians killed by Vegeta back to life
3. Bring the humans on Kaio's planet back to life

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.