Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 63 Discussion

Jun 27, 2010 9:01 PM

ashkon77 said:
if Ed and Alphonse can get their bodies back, shouldn't Mustang be able to get his vision back?

If you are asking if Edward's sacrifice would get Roy's vision back, then no, he is not in the same truth plain. Edward and Alphonse is on the same truth plain because they performed the same transmutation circle together. Roy's truth wasn't there to be fetched.

If you are asking if Roy would use the same method as Edward, once again no. Roy, unlike Edward, won't have a gate to get out. Since Al's gate was in the same truth plain as Edward, he was able to use Al's gate to return. Roy doesn't have a back door.

Jun 27, 2010 9:04 PM

What a great episode. Hard to believe that its been over a year, since this all started and its all coming to an end next week. With the epilogue coming next, it seems I won't be disappointed, its been a great run. :D

Jun 27, 2010 9:23 PM

silent_killer said:
I don't understand why bones had an average animation director working for this episode . I don't get it . . For such a key episode , damn it .
The animation wasn't even close to the last three episodes and the artwork was too simplistic . .
For once, I agree with you.

Jun 27, 2010 9:35 PM

This was an epic episode. I'm glad to see Hohenhiem die with a smile on his face.

Jun 27, 2010 9:37 PM

I wished they dragged out the fight with the "father" a little longer. or maybe thats just me.

also, maybe its just the fangirl in me but I was expecting more "shirtlessness" from ed with different angles and stuff. the manga seem to emphasize how much ed grew up.

I LOVED how this episode had an extended tribute for HOho papa, with extra thank yous, and a ending tribute to him. although it made me cry ;A:

the last quarter of the series is turning out amazingly ;D

can't wait for the last episode.

Jun 27, 2010 10:03 PM

Amazing episode. Well paced, and Ed and Al got their bodies back ^^

Jun 27, 2010 10:04 PM

great episode one more episode left

Jun 27, 2010 10:18 PM

Hohenheim passing away was very emotional... and also Greed

damn only one episode left. I'll will really miss this anime.

GREAT ANIME!! 10/10
-= Space for Rent =-

Jun 27, 2010 10:22 PM

This was great, finished off Fullmetal Alchemist in all its glory.

Now, hopefully the last episode will show alittle more of what happened to everyone afterwards than the manga did lol

5/5

What Fai? No 9000/5 option this time? :(

Jun 27, 2010 10:38 PM

I am so biased when it comes to this anime, episode was epic im gona miss this anime T_T

Jun 27, 2010 11:09 PM

Can't believe its actually over. I guess final episode will be to round of on the life after this. All time loved anime!

T_T

Jun 27, 2010 11:11 PM

Too many manly tears were shed in this episode. Actually, this can be considered an ending to me but they added 1 more episode for an epic closure.

Best anime to come out in recent years so far. 10/10 for FMA that lived up to it's name. Brotherhood indeed.

Jun 27, 2010 11:44 PM

Hohenheim... My favorite character...
May you rest in peace.

I... I... have no words. Everything happened just as I expected it, with the exception of Edward's sacrifice, and Hohenheim's triumphant death...
Or maybe I'm just in shock. I... I just can't believe it is over. I know there is one episode left... but... I don't want it to be over. Greed has found his way into my heart, and he wants Fullmetal Alchemist, the greatest story ever told, to live on forever.

Alas, I must let go. It was an amazing, exciting, wild, crazy, intense ride, and I enjoyed every millisecond of it.

Hiromu Arakawa... Arakawa-Sensei - You are extremely deserving of The Nobel Prize in Literature.
I commend you with the highest honor possible. Thank you... thank you for this beautiful piece of work that you have bestowed upon the world. Not only have you have poured your heart and soul into the pages of Fullmetal Alchemist, but also, into the hearts and minds of millions around the world.

Fullmetal Alchemist... Fullmetal Alchemist... Fullmetal... Alchemist.

Here is an award that I created specially for this occasion:

Jun 28, 2010 12:01 AM

_Vincent_ said:

Hiromu Arakawa... Arakawa-Sensei - You are extremely deserving of The Nobel Prize in Literature.
I commend you with the highest honor possible. Thank you... thank you for this beautiful piece of work that you have bestowed upon the world. Not only have you have poured your heart and soul into the pages of Fullmetal Alchemist, but also, into the hearts and minds of millions around the world.

Yes, I would second that nomination. I was just thinking that Arakawa should be recognized for her amazing work. Brotherhood is THE MOST complete story adapted from a manga EVER to be animated. I don't know if I have the confidence to say that FMA is my favorite anime but it has a special place in my mind as THE BEST shounen anime/manga. I am going to savor the last episode, finally an anime with an epilogue to close the greatest experience in all my years of anime watching.

Jun 28, 2010 12:08 AM

anime/manga of the decade. So sad to see Greed and Hohenheim go.

Jun 28, 2010 12:20 AM

Arakawa deserves every praise this world has to offer.

If I ever met her. It wouldn't be an annoying high pitched squeel. I'd probably sink to my knees and cry as I tried to get the words "thank you" out of my mouth between sobs.

Jun 28, 2010 12:25 AM

A good ending, especially since they both ended with their bodies back! If they ended it with Ed in his automail and Al in the suit, I would've been wtfpissed.

Still one of the things I liked about the first anime was how the movie tied it into a parallel world of ours in Nazi Germany. The scene where Ed steps out and theres giant epic zeppelins flying around was one of my favorite parts of the original.

Jun 28, 2010 12:40 AM

People's response to this episode , is so emotional . . I'm on the verge of tears :(

Jun 28, 2010 12:54 AM

You can say many things but the Episode was in one word EPIC AS HELL! An yes that are three words :P

Jun 28, 2010 1:16 AM

I cried so much T_______T Especially when Hohenheim and Ed cried. Also so glad that Al got his body safely back.

RIP Hohenheim ;__;

Jun 28, 2010 1:36 AM

No words describe the epicness of this episode.

Jun 28, 2010 1:36 AM

Love every Minute of this episode RI.P Hohenheim R.I.P. Greed

5/5

Jun 28, 2010 1:53 AM

10/10

Funny, I haven't cried in years and this anime has brought me to the brink of tears twice: the death of Hughes and the ending theme with Hohenheim's back story. Ridiculous episode that evokes so many emotions. Best ending theme ever.

Jun 28, 2010 1:54 AM

If Hohenhaim was going to die he should have used his powers to get Al back.... at least Edward would be able to use Alchemy.... he probably didn't know he was going to die though.

Jun 28, 2010 2:56 AM

Loved the episode. It was simply amazing and like with manga, I cried. But the last episode .... well I know what's gonna happen and I' so not liking it but .... it's FMA ending .... and for good... damn it ;___;

Jun 28, 2010 3:00 AM

KaaN10 said:
If Hohenhaim was going to die he should have used his powers to get Al back.... at least Edward would be able to use Alchemy.... he probably didn't know he was going to die though.

On the contrary. In my opinion, Hohenheim knew he was going to die. However, it's the principle which Ed and Al stood by which restrained them from considering sacrificing Hohenheim. Ed and Al agreed to not involve the lives of others in retrieving their bodies. That's only my opinion though.

Jun 28, 2010 3:10 AM

Hmmmm... Was expecting a bit more from this episode. Loved the progression but they could have handled Greed's departure a bit better. Many moments they could have inserted a nice tune such as the Ed and Hoho conversation.

AWESOME despair for the dwarf in the flask :D win win win

Thought that this ED looks slightly more BADASS without smiling http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/108/042-043/

i hope that they do cover some of the things missed here in the next and final episode. *sniff* I will miss FMA. GREATEST series for 2009-2010 and maybe for many years to come.

4/5 for me then

Jun 28, 2010 3:12 AM

What? Just like this?

Jun 28, 2010 3:22 AM

kool_kidak said:

i hope that they do cover some of the things missed here in the next and final episode. *sniff* I will miss FMA. GREATEST series for 2009-2010 and maybe for many years to come.

well , i think theyve skipped all that mainly to give hoho a decent farewell....hopefully , everything's gonna be covered in the next episode.....

Jun 28, 2010 3:35 AM

10/10 loved the episode, one of the best animes ever made and just epic

Jun 28, 2010 3:36 AM

This episode was so touching!
Hohenheim died smiling and alphonse came back! :)

Jun 28, 2010 3:47 AM

I forgot to update this show.

Great episode. I might just give this series a 10, I loved everything about it. I hope they show some love for Winry next episode.

Jun 28, 2010 3:49 AM

Cool~ so in the end Ed gave up alchemist to revive his brother ><

Jun 28, 2010 4:26 AM

What the name of the music used when Edward refuse Hohenheim help ?
Anyways, good thing they put one more episode to develop the last page of FMA.

Jun 28, 2010 5:53 AM

Man, that was a crazy episode. RIP Hohenheim.

Al looked so freaky coming out of the gate...

Jun 28, 2010 6:33 AM

I haven't read the manga, but the end spoiler with ed in the train looks like the movie-ed, you know with the coat and all. Or Hohenheim.

RIP Hohenheim. You and your sons are quite epic basterds!

Jun 28, 2010 6:37 AM

Epic episode, can't wait to see the last. Hohenheim finally dies in such a nice way :D, wonder what ED will think ;o. AL alive at last but ed can't use alchemy? I wonder what the last episode will be about.

Jun 28, 2010 6:43 AM

silent_killer said:
People's response to this episode , is so emotional . . I'm on the verge of tears :(

It truly was an incredible series, from start to finish it was a great ride.
Momo>Sports>Breaking Bad>Anime

1997 2001 2003 2006 2012 2013

Jun 28, 2010 7:05 AM

u8sand said:
wonder what the last episode will be about.

me too, since they don't really have an enemy anymore, I'm afraid it'll be like; YEAH, WE'RE ONE BIG FAMILY, AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY.
i would so hate that..

Jun 28, 2010 7:08 AM

T____________T

Jun 28, 2010 7:10 AM

NO!!
Greed died :(
I kinda like Greed and Lin as a team.Why did he have to die???

Jun 28, 2010 7:12 AM

Handled very well. There were certain elements in the manga that didn't go into the anime's script, but the anime is better off without them, it needs to maintain the atmosphere.

The Hoemheim tribute is quite a surprise, the ending with song played, really just wow, Hoemheim's tribulation through all those years, finally he's found true happiness.

I'm really really happy with this episode, it really brought closure to the series and is epic and relieved fatigue after the intense battle. 1000/10.

Anyone worried about what's going to be in the last epilogue episode? There's some stuff to cover, but I'm worried it'll be too cheery and disjointed scenes to be a good episode. Feels like it's going to be a super long OVA haha. Bones better extend beyond the manga or the next episode is not going to feel right at all.

Jun 28, 2010 7:34 AM

great episode! i was so excited that i didnt wait for the subbed one to come out xD i watched the raw :3

though thanks to the manga i understood the episode xD

Jun 28, 2010 8:45 AM

Amazing. It really outdid the manga. The extended scenes were really great. I don't have anything more to say.

Next episode is the last part of the last chapter. More extended scenes and tying out some loose ends in the manga ending will make this the best ending of all. Why must all shows I'm watching end at the same time and all of the are pretty great endings except for AB? There's not much in the next season...

Jun 28, 2010 10:44 AM

GREEEEEED-SAMAAAA
You will be missed TT__TT
Fai said:
- Ending theme being re-themed with Hohenheim scenes was nice. I am betting that they will expand the last page of manga through the ending of ep64. It just makes sense

Makes sense and will be AWESOME. (Hopefully more Ling for me.)

Great, great ending. I am SO glad that Arakawa came up with something else than ultimately using the Stone to get Al back, that would just be in conflict with the whole manga.
-sob- Only one more episode and it's goodbye D: I lived through the manga ending just because there were more anime episodes to come, but now...Q_Q

I can't wait for the

Also, yay for Al being back! x3
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)

Jun 28, 2010 10:57 AM

I think the main reason for this episode to be sooooo different from the manga , is because the studio didn't have a master copy of the manga chapter . . Instead all the animation and artwork was carried out from the storyboards that the staff had . So hats off to BONES . . Seriously . .

Jun 28, 2010 11:14 AM

I usually get the WTF when watching the last episode of most anime... But I think FMA concluded the anime quite well... and there's one more episode left... can't wait.

Jun 28, 2010 11:19 AM

Ed and Al's mother was 11 years old when she gave birth to Edward. Hohenheim is a pedo.

Jun 28, 2010 11:41 AM

funkpanda said:
Ed and Al's mother was 11 years old when she gave birth to Edward. Hohenheim is a pedo.

WTH . Please get your facts right . .

Jun 28, 2010 11:42 AM

Loved the Van Hohenheim montage.
Such an epic character ;_;

「人間は。。。俺のもんなんだからさ。」

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »