Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2010 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
10/10 best anime ever.
Jun 29, 2010 3:37 PM
Apr 2010
The episode was great; however, the 3-part sub was still incomplete... They were missing the last 5 minutes of the episode. Does anyone know when the completed episode will come out?
Jun 29, 2010 3:39 PM

Nov 2008
rarri said:
10/10 best anime ever.
Not sure if serious.
Jun 29, 2010 3:56 PM

Dec 2007
Maximatum99 said:
rarri said:
10/10 best anime ever.
Not sure if serious.

I simply adore Shaft and their crazy ideas.
Along with Arakawa Under the Bridge this was a masterpiece I enjoyed to its full.

I'm always dead serious.
Jun 29, 2010 3:58 PM

Aug 2009
8/10
-Fixing-
Jun 29, 2010 4:17 PM

Dec 2007
Hitagi Crab - 7, Mayoi Snail - 4, Suruga Monkey - 9, Nadeko Snake - 3, Tsubasa Cat - 6

Overall 6/10

The 5 second glimpse we got of Koyomi Vampire was the most interesting part of the episode.
Jun 29, 2010 4:27 PM

Dec 2009
woooow
worth the wait, totally
not
Jun 29, 2010 4:39 PM

Jan 2009
FINALLY!
I really liked the final episode, I give it an 8/10. To be honest, it was one of the best final anime episodes I've seen. I'm not sure what score I'll give the entire anime though.
Oh, and I didn't like the whole "episode divided into parts" joke though D: Are they trying to torture us?
Jun 29, 2010 4:59 PM

Jan 2010
After waiting so much for this episode I can't say I'm satisfied with it.
Jun 29, 2010 5:24 PM

Dec 2009
All the parts are uploaded on Animetip.com

So Shinobou lives in Araragi's shadow? That's badass.
Jun 29, 2010 5:31 PM

Jun 2008
Why does it have to end?

Unfortunately there will be no more :(

I can easily say this was one of the best anime that I have ever watched, I loved every episode, every character, the art, the story, EVERYTHING.

I'm also happy that he stayed with Hitagi, and we didn't get a Harem ending

THIS is probably one of the easiest 10/10 anime I have ever ranked.

This also goes down in my TOP 5 most enjoyable/best/favorite anime.

I'll definitely miss Senjogahara.
Jun 29, 2010 5:35 PM

May 2009
It finally ends. Very enjoyable anime and I liked all of the stories... I can see myself rewatching it sometime in the future; this time in bluray quality.
Jun 29, 2010 5:38 PM

Jun 2008
Here is the NOW famous shinobu bandaid scene

Remember it's kinda NSFW:

Jun 29, 2010 6:02 PM

Nov 2009
The longer we have to wait the more anticipation we have for it. However with all things our enthusiasm is crushed when we finally obtain it. Such it goes with the final episode.

Now we have the same amazing dialogue play that we usually have. However they stuck to the old formula too faithfully. I was expecting much more to happen in this episode, but we only recieve a conversation between araragi and neko, the fight that follows, and a quick summary of the aftermath. The moment i got disengaged from the conversation they were having that was it for me.

All in all though i am still handing a 9/10 to this series.
Jun 29, 2010 6:12 PM

Apr 2010
alexcampos said:

Yeah, that's what I liked most about the final episode. The story would've been another harem crap if it ended with ep12.
Jun 29, 2010 8:35 PM

May 2010
Looks like the full version is on, people!
260mb in the face...

8th_Sin said:
alexcampos said:

Yeah, that's what I liked most about the final episode. The story would've been another harem crap if it ended with ep12.

I'm pretty sure that Araragi was quite decisive in sticking with Senjougahara in episode 12... Come on, they "kissed" under a starry sky.
Jun 29, 2010 8:52 PM

Feb 2010
a_l_2606 said:
260mb in the face...

where.? :D mind sending a link.?
Jun 29, 2010 9:16 PM
Jun 29, 2010 9:37 PM

Nov 2008
Nyaatorrents? Real men use Tokyo Toshokan.

http://www.tokyotosho.info/details.php?id=324172
Jun 29, 2010 9:40 PM

Dec 2007
Maximatum99 said:

Hilarious. The Tokyo Toshokan torrent listed is the one on NyaaTorrents. TT doesn't host their own torrent files, they just give links.
Jun 29, 2010 9:55 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah, I know but it just looks a bit neater.
Jun 29, 2010 11:21 PM

Jul 2009
From what I got, the cat intentionally lead him into the light, so he can bring out the girl vampire. Very clever indeed.

But I gotta say, this anime has been a rollercoaster. I've waited for over half a year for the last episode to be aired before starting this series, and I am glad I waited. To be honest, I don't even know why I like this anime, perhaps it is due to its cleverness, or bluntness, who knows but, whatever this anime did, it worked for me.

A 9.4ish in my books but for now, it deserves a 10. Not the biggest bang of an ending I have seen but it is still something I enjoyed.
Jun 29, 2010 11:28 PM

Jun 2009
Nice ending I guess, still not enough Senjogahara. A really nice series and I really enjoy it. Nothing much to say, but I like it when they say that Oshino is a nice guy. I rate it 9/10 ^^

Jun 29, 2010 11:37 PM

May 2010
Maximatum99 said:

But I'm just a 15-year-old kid... People can only be considered as real men when they are 18 and older =)).
Jun 30, 2010 12:53 AM

Jan 2010
Lovely not-so-subtle advertising. Besides that, it was a decent closure episode. Of course, some people might dislike the amount of dialogue and the cuts, but all action scenes make for a duller series.

Too bad we didn't see enough of Karen and Tsukihi. Should a second season emerge I hope that issue might be resolved.
Jun 30, 2010 2:44 AM

Jan 2010
a_l_2606 said:
Maximatum99 said:
Real men use Tokyo Toshokan

But I'm just a 15-year-old kid... People can only be considered as real men when they are 18 and older =)).

I'm 15.
I use Tokyo Toshokan also.
I guess you lack balls, son.

----

I didn't really like last ep at all (hated it tbh), but I overall liked the series (chyeah, I enjoyed this plotless crap).
Woop.
8/10
Jun 30, 2010 2:51 AM

Dec 2009
Sucrose said:
a_l_2606 said:
Maximatum99 said:

I'm 15.

----

I didn't really like last ep at all (hated it tbh), but I overall liked the series (chyeah, I enjoyed this plotless crap).
Woop.
8/10
ROFL
Jun 30, 2010 3:16 AM

May 2010
Sucrose said:
a_l_2606 said:
Maximatum99 said:

I'm 15.

----

Woop.
8/10

Because I lack balls, I'm going to call mom, bwa ha ha ha ha!!!

Joking aside, "sugar sweet nightmare" piano cover is quite... er... sweet.
Jun 30, 2010 4:16 AM

Jan 2010
brown88 said:
Kurogashi said:
From what I got, the cat intentionally lead him into the light, so he can bring out the girl vampire. Very clever indeed.

Didn't really get this part, why did she do this exactly? and how did shinobu appear from his shadow?

Well, when he got back to the old cram school building, he said he wanted to show Oshino, Shinobu again (who was hiding in his shadow).

So I guess it goes something like, she never really ran away, she was just hiding in his shadow the whole time.

The Cat knew this, and because she was the oddity within Hanekawa which knew her deepest emotions, she actually never wanted to kill Araragi, she just wanted to lure Shinobu out by making Araragi call for her help (making her feel wanted) and save the day, by making her disappear again.
Jun 30, 2010 4:42 AM
Sep 2007
Episodes with Hitagi were great, and part were 10/10 quality. Animation was rather good too.

Everything else was garbage, including Kamiya Hiroshi's annoying voice and harem elements.

And why did we have to wait so long for this last episode?
Jun 30, 2010 4:49 AM
Nov 2009
ok ive never read the novels, or any other thing besides the anime for this, and i want to know wat exactly can shinobu do lol
from the way the people talk about her its like she has no powers at all and is like a doll
Jun 30, 2010 5:00 AM

Oct 2009
Gastli said:
Episodes with Hitagi were great, and part were 10/10 quality. Animation was rather good too.

Everything else was garbage, including Kamiya Hiroshi's annoying voice and harem elements.

this.

exactly this.
Jun 30, 2010 5:46 AM

Jan 2010
One more week and it would have been a year since the first episode aired. Perhaps the studio didn't want to hear all the whingeing that would have resulted in waiting any longer. Three months for the first twelve and nine months for the next three.

Obviously the wait is tolerable but the gaps interfered with the story-telling.

Anyway, it is a great series. The ending was good. While more Senjougahara is always a good thing, the episode was Tsubasa's. Hitagi already had her episodes.
Jun 30, 2010 6:23 AM

May 2010
Gastli said:

I don't see "full-on-despair mode" as an annoying bit... Go Zetsubou Sensei!!

While we may want 52 episodes filled with nothing but Araragi & Senjougahara chatting all day (one user had said this before), I think the other elements aren't garbage at all, in fact, they are quite entertaining. But less Nadeko fanservice is more tolerable.

And for the wait, it is because we're SHAFT'ed...
a_l_2606Jun 30, 2010 6:31 AM
Jun 30, 2010 7:08 AM

Nov 2007
The first two thirds of the episode were pretty boring tbh. Even so, I'm left wanting more. I'll give this a strong 7/10 for now; might become an 8 upon rewatch, but I lost interest because of SHAFT fucking up the schedule.
Jun 30, 2010 7:19 AM

Jun 2008
The only upsetting part of Bakemonogatari was waiting a damn year to actually finish the series.

I think more people would've given higher scores if we had 15 straight weeks of episodes, it's ironic that SHAFT was behind Bakemonogatari.

Any other production studio, for example Madhouse, Gainax, Bones, or even KyoAni would have done a better job in timely releases, quality art, and an overall improvement for how Bakemonogatari was handled.

HOWEVER, only Shaft would've given us this UNIQUE style of animation which was one of the biggest factors that made Bakemonogatari such a HUGE SUCCESS... and for that I'm very glad it was Shaft who was in charge.
Jun 30, 2010 9:34 AM

Apr 2010
a_l_2606 said:
260mb in the face...

8th_Sin said:
alexcampos said:

I'm pretty sure that Araragi was quite decisive in sticking with Senjougahara in episode 12... Come on, they "kissed" under a starry sky.

Well yeah, but that episode came out nowhere. It wasn't really even "Tsubasa Cat - Part 2". Hardly story development.

Besides, just because he kissed 1 girl doesn't mean he can't kiss another.
Jun 30, 2010 11:12 AM
Sep 2007
a_l_2606 said:

You are aware that Hiroshi pretty much always voice the same type of character?

The only time I liked to hear him was in Gundam 00 when he borrowed his voice to Tieria Arde.
Jun 30, 2010 2:50 PM

Nov 2009
i cannot believe it ended so short ever shinobu hadnt ben found yet
But finaly it ended
Jun 30, 2010 4:04 PM

Aug 2008
Gastli said:

Everything else was garbage(...)/quote]
MTE. Maybe some moments in Suruga part were worth a mention.
Jun 30, 2010 6:57 PM

Oct 2009
What have waiting for last episode to do with overall score? Nothing, so stop saying it over and over again.
Bakemonogatari was, is and will be epic nothing will change that.
Jun 30, 2010 7:16 PM

Aug 2009
Gastli said:

I don't think I would call Izaya, Ric, Trafalgar Law, Kouji, Tieria and Nozomu the same type of character

Gastli said:

Because SHAFT is very, very understaffed

I thought the very beginning of the episode (with the lightning and electric guitar) was very well-done. Actually the whole episode was pretty enjoyable, but that first part was really good. It really stuck out.

-First of all, as you can probably tell by my recent anime sig, I decided to wait until the day the last episode came out to watch the remaining three. It was not really that tough because 12 was such a good ending, they probably could have ended the series right there but I held through. I can't even imagine I would have enjoyed the episodes as I did if I had actually waited. This wasn't like the Rebuild movies in that case.

-Very glad to see Shinobu do something. The kick really made me go "YEAH!"

-Overall, this was quite the unique anime. I appreciated the visuals because honestly, I don't think anybody but SHAFT could do this with dialogue and make me so interested in the screen (well, given Tatami Galaxy, I bet Yuasa and Madhouse could do it). But it was a good show. The best description for it is probably Supernatural harem that's not a harem and I enjoyed that. 8/10 for the show. It had a lot of faults (like Nadeko Snake) but a lot of good points too. It's just definitely not a show that everybody is going to get.

And AraragiXSenjogahara forever. Great couple.

(Bake fags? Really? Do people just add the word fag at the end of a show they don't like, ascribe it to the fans and it sounds instantly cool?)
Jun 30, 2010 7:32 PM

Nov 2008
garfield15 said:
(Bake fags? Really? Do people just add the word fag at the end of a show they don't like, ascribe it to the fans and it sounds instantly cool?)
Yes and no. It just refers to the people who thinks this is so deep and is such a glorious masterpiece that could never have been conceived by a moral mind.
Jun 30, 2010 7:39 PM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:
garfield15 said:
Yes and no. It just refers to the people who thinks this is so deep and is such a glorious masterpiece that could never have been conceived by a moral mind.

(Yeah, but I mean, come on. I hear it all the time in anything. Now it's synonomous with "those who like the show at all." It's as bad as "overrated")

That being said, I wouldn't call it deep....or glorious....or even a masterpiece really. I'd just call it "visually unique" and "good."

You know what would be a crazy concept? Yuasa+SHAFT.
Jun 30, 2010 8:01 PM

Dec 2007
No way. Yuasa stays with Madhouse.
Jun 30, 2010 8:34 PM

Jun 2007
I wanna know what happened 2 months back when Araragi fought the vampires :(. Do they cover this in the novel?
Jun 30, 2010 8:47 PM

Aug 2009
DeathfireD said:
I wanna know what happened 2 months back when Araragi fought the vampires :(. Do they cover this in the novel?

Indeed. However animated it is not. OVA it most likely will become but then again, this is SHAFT. You just don't know with them.
Jun 30, 2010 8:50 PM

May 2010
Gastli said:
a_l_2606 said:

The only time I liked to hear him was in Gundam 00 when he borrowed his voice to Tieria Arde.

Well... while Itoshiki, Kou Ichimiya & Araragi are pretty much the same type of "full-on-despair" character (yeah, if I'm in their situation, I'd shouting "WTF is wrong with those people???" all day, too). But Izaya from Durarara!! & Souma from Working!! are manipulative bastards... Those roles don't count as the same type of character.

Unlike most of you guys here, I don't have an extensive history with anime (Heck, I don't even care about Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, or even old school shows, blah blah blah... their manga series give me enough headaches). But from what I've saw, he has voiced quite a colorful cast of characters. Even some tropers at tvtropes have gone too far and called him as a "man of thousand voices"...

Sorry for being annoying.
a_l_2606Jun 30, 2010 9:03 PM
Jun 30, 2010 9:55 PM

Jan 2010
Excellent show through and through, it was well worth the wait. I enjoyed the whole concept mixed with the excellent visuals.
Ok™
Jun 30, 2010 10:51 PM

Sep 2009
I couldn't wait for the animated OP (I'll look at that later). Overall this show was ok. I'll probably give it an 8...but I think it could have done much better if Shaft was able to do a proper job on it (same thing for Dance in the Vampire Bund).
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
5 hours ago

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 4, 2009

275 by artemis-cr »»
Apr 2, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 25, 2009

687 by 94jf »»
Apr 1, 8:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.