Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2010 12:51 AM
Sep 2008
After finally finishing this show, I have to say I am not disappointed overall. This is definitely one of the best anime I've seen. The ending did leave me with some questions though. The main one has to do with what the Nirvash said at the end. I watched that speech the Nirvash gave at the end about 'not all life will remain on the planet' several times, but I still can't come up with a conclusion as to what the Nirvash was trying to say. Does anyone have a theory as to what the Nirvash was saying?

Also, Gonzy being a Coralian...did not expect that one.
Jan 31, 2010 8:32 AM
Sep 2008
Actually, after thinking about it some more, I think the Nirvash might have been referring to the Coralians living on Earth. Eureka was going to become the new Command Cluster after it got destroyed, right? However, Renton shows up and prevents her from doing that. Now, since Eureka didn't become the new Command Cluster, wouldn't the rest of the Scab Coral wake up which would cause the Limit of Life to be passed? I think the Nirvash meant that half of the Scab Coral/Coralians would remain on Earth and the other half would go to a new planet somewhere in space. That way the Limit of Life won't be reached with half of the Scab Coral/Coralians gone.

Just a thought.
Feb 3, 2010 2:26 AM

Jul 2009
I have seen Eureka Seven and in my opinion is one the greatest anime.About the end the grandpa is holding residency identification.There is a proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdvSgnX09s8
There is a lot of questions I would like to know,What about the Eureka and renton will they back to their childrens(I think they are in the belforesto forest= the last trip of they 'honeymoon'),what happens to crew of gekko-go in particular Talho and Hollando child,and Dominic and Anemone how they are doing.This Anime is better then manga in ending.I waas crying ending because they are not with their childrens.The light we might see in the end I think is a wings Eureki.:)I have heard rumors that the might be a second series Eureki Seven is that true?
I would like have a LOVE like this:)Risk live for someone you fell in love is awesome
Feb 6, 2010 10:29 PM

Aug 2009
Predictable and not very interesting.
Feb 13, 2010 10:31 PM
Feb 2010
I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see an aftermath of what exactly happened to everyone, but overall, the anime was great, and the ending very good. I loved the new Nirvash and Renton piloting it was awesome. Also, I think they should've focused a bit more on other characters like Anemone, but I'm glad that she ended up with Dominic. ^_^

So that's it for Eureka Seven... oh, wait! There's still the movie! *off to watch the movie* ^_^
Feb 24, 2010 7:05 PM

Feb 2010

For starters, I thought the series was quite complicated and dramatic, but that was a long time ago when i finished the series, and now theres a movie out, so I'm just wondering how thats going to turn out. Please share opinions and thoughts about this, and if any of it is connected with the movie, please don't forget to hide it with a spoiler box :D Thanks. Hope this becomes a fun discussion and beneficial at that and lets all remember how cool and awesome this anime was.

Anime Series Openings

Movie Amv
Rebellion Estate
Feb 27, 2010 2:03 PM
Jan 2009
so what happen to renton and eureka? and the gekkostate? plus i wanna see talho's and halland's baby. well, there's always the movie "good night sweet tight young lovers" so that might clear everything out. but the series was good overall
Feb 28, 2010 9:43 AM

Feb 2009
the movie has nothing to do with the series, or?
Mar 11, 2010 10:37 AM

Aug 2008
k0k0 said:
Didn't expect Nirvash to be a female. O.o

Actually, I think in a much earlier episode it was somewhat hinted about that.

Another poster asked about Ray's ring. I'm also curious about that.

Anyways, I loved Eureka Seven!
Mar 11, 2010 10:37 PM

Sep 2009
I have to say that I really enjoyed the show, and found the ending to be fairly satisfying. I would have liked to have seen everyone's ending fleshed out a little (I'd probably even watch a few episodes if they just did a little slice of life thing for a while), but I feel like there was enough there to keep me happy. Maybe that's just because I was expecting a less happy ending for some reason, or that I've just become a little jaded by too many shows that end with a "everything's back to normal" non-ending that I was okay with what they did.

Just a little brain dump from the last episode:

I didn't mind the bit with the moon, I think it's like that edition of ray=out with Eureka and Renton on the cover...although a bit more permanent...and his dad got a big statue for saving the world (temporarily) so why not let Renton have his name on the friggin moon...

I assumed that the ones that the Nirvash was going to take, were the ones who had already been over (the people with desperation disease who all woke up with books from the library type place), and the family members or other people who were near them when the debris hit. I think one of the girls said something to her parents about being together forever now when she woke up, so I would guess that Wil and his wife got to be together there too.

Really the only scene from the last episode that I didn't like was when Renton and the Nirvash go and Shoop Woop all the antibodies...it was really cheesy, and it made me wince a little...

On a somewhat related note, this pic needs to be made in to an OVA or something..
Mar 22, 2010 8:09 AM
Mar 2010
Question about Eureka Transforming into a Coralian:

When Eureka, Renton and the kids reach Eart, Eureka starts transforming into a 'real Coralian' (you know, turning into a butterfly and all). Actually, this is in Ep 47. I don't get this thing! I mean, we saw it before in the story of Norbu and Sakuya, where also Sakuya gained these Compact-Drive glowing spots. But WHY are they transforming? I mean, there are created with Human DNA, right? I mean, I remember Misha saying that she has the same biological features as any normal human being. So why would she transform? Because when the Coralian knowledge tool (namely Eureka and Sakuya) learned what love is, they are not in need of their human appearance and are meant to go back to the Scab Coral to exchange experiences and knowledge? I hope there's anybody here who can share their opionions of this weird phenomenon in Eureka Seven!
Apr 13, 2010 2:02 AM
Jan 2008
Well i guess there will not be a season 2. and the movie is somehow no related. eureka transforming for my idea is that she might start to know more about the humans and its about her time to go back to coralian to tell them? something like that i guess so. but seriously they really left alot of unanswered question that many of us want to know. and renton might become part of coralian he had light flashing on his head. lol
Apr 24, 2010 11:28 PM

Oct 2009
Idunno, I watched this with high expectations and I guess it didn't meet them. Even though I didn't grow attached to any of the characthers, I still enjoyed it... Dunno why I watched all this in two days...

The story was pretty plain, the end twist was pretty stupid and predictable. But I guess the way it was executed was okay -- animation/music was probably the best qualities for Eureka Seven.

And the thing that pissed me off the most was how hard it was to relate to those characthers.

The only part of the story I seriously don't get is:

Oh wells, I'd give the serie a semi-solid 6.5.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2010 6:39 AM

Jul 2009
I like this anime. The char development, their interactions, some touchy moment, eventough the plot is sometimes cofusing but overall this anime is a very good one.
May 15, 2010 8:36 PM

Sep 2008
Very confusing but I liked it. 2 things:

1. WHAT? Nirvash is a girl??? O.O

2. WHAT? Gonzy is a Coralian??? O.O

WTF Never expected that.... and I wanna see Talhoe's baby...
May 23, 2010 12:17 PM
Aug 2009
It was quite nice episode, but this strange, corny heart in the moon was terrible :/

Anime is better than I expected, even if I hate mecha, this was really nice one ^^
Jun 10, 2010 8:56 AM

Apr 2010
aero said:
The ending was great, but left me confused somewhat, so where's Renton and Eureka? Living in the forest? Lol at those kids, one year later and they still look the same.
They show was great, really really good. But the only things that let it down was the somewhat confusing plot at the beginning and some filler episodes, but overall, 9/10.

I agree ò.ó/
Jun 12, 2010 4:04 AM

May 2009
PoisonMoon said:

Talhoe

lol talhoe...lol

Anyways, finally finished it and wow, what a ride.

I really wanted to give it 10/10 bcos of all those epic moments but theres some glaring problems - plotholes, inconsistent animation (I just rewatched bits of the first eps and compared to middle eps, its night and day) and bad pacing. There was just too many fillers and slow eps it could have easily fit into 30-40 eps. For a 50 episode series it could have been so much more...so I must give it a 9.
Jun 17, 2010 1:12 AM

Nov 2008
when i finished ep 50 i thought it should have been named acperience 5 :P
all the acperience eps were weird and ep 50 was no exeption lol
ending was good
moon was cheesy
eureka x renton rulez
decent supporting chars!
yo dwang do you like planets? we will put a planet in your planet so you can live in your planet while your in the other planet lol
surfing mechas :S(and it wasnt well explained, i mean, i understood that the trepar was like an ocean but sometimes they just adjusted it to allow them do anything)
8/10 for anime
7/10 for the film
had renton vs holland :)
peter pan? O_o
and the worst, too much animation recycled
doblefiloJun 17, 2010 1:17 AM
Jun 20, 2010 6:04 PM

Aug 2008
Clearly, this is a "Coming of Age Anime": at the beginning, we have Renton who is the 14 year old boy who has no clue what he wants to do or where he wants to go; but after encountering Eureka, he starts to develop into a young man. At the beginning when he joins the Gekko state, he has no idea of the sins he commits (all the people he's killed and all the collateral damage he's done to the world). He comes to realize that he's been killing people and he's part of a war that his father started. Instead of running away from the sins he's committed, he decides to face the burdens of being a murder and protect Eureka with all he's got. Renton becomes more of a man than most of the users on MAL (myself included).

If you guys didn't like the development of Renton or Eureka, then this Anime would be very very boring. The one thing I don't like is how everyone keeps complaining about Renton; sure he's a bit of a pussy, but heck, he's a 14 year old. The abuse from the Gekko state (mainly Holland) and the rejection from Eureka (the woman he loves) caused Renton to run away and look even more like an over emotional brat. But let me ask you this; wouldn't you do the same if you were in the same situation and with the same mind set you had when you were 14. Heck, most normal 14 year old boys would run away (I myself would do the same back when I was 14).

The reason why the Charles and Ray Arc was so interesting to begin with was because Renton never knew what a normal family with a mother and father was like. If you didn't have feelings for Charles and Ray trying to accept Renton as their child and had hope for Renton to accept them as his parents, I don't know what is wrong with you; You might be emotionally retarded or just a complete psychopath. However, once again, Renton comes out more mature as a man once again after he decides to leave and go back to Gekko state to see Eureka. Renton could have chosen to stay with Charles and Ray and live a happy family after Charles and Ray and the military take out Gekko state. The more you think about it, you see more of Renton's coming of age.

Then we have Eureka who is the emotionless and clueless shoujo that changes into a beautiful woman. At the beginning she thought of Renton as a kid and as their relationship develops, she slowly realizes that Renton is her partner, not a kid or just a pilot for Nirvash. After going into the zone the first time in the Anime, she begins to change and develop emotions for Renton. Although she is afraid of her changing body in the last couple of episodes, she is just afraid of rejection from Renton and her children; however, Renton is man enough to stay by her side and she truly recognizes that they were meant to be.

As for the ending, I liked how they kept things open allowing us to use our own thoughts and imagination of what really happens. I don't know about you, but I'm the kinda guy who doesn't like having every single detail fed to him by a silver spoon from a golden platter. If you guys really can't think of a good wrap up for the other characters by the end of this episode, then you guys really need to take lessons on being more imaginative.

Also, I don't see how everyone is confused whether or not Renton and Eureka are alive or not. When Renton goes to Eureka who is going to be a part of the new Command Cluster, Renton's intention is to be with Eureka in the Command Cluster. However, after they become one, Nirvash becomes complete and gives her little speech on how they should guide the new world with hope. The tree that's holding the Command Cluster and the sphere that is the Command cluster breaks apart because the Scab Coral realizes that Humans and Coralians can coexist on one planet.

As for the "Half will come with us" statement from Nirvash may be the only confusing part, I'm pretty sure it just means that the Scab Coral will be taking those that were originally in the Command Cluster and those that had Despair Syndrome with them to other planets. Also, I'm pretty sure the Limit of Life would not play in affect considering how many were lost in the last battle from episode 49 and 50 (for both humans and Coralians).

As for the rest of Gekko state, it's quite clear that all of them are alive and I'm pretty sure your own imagination could picture how life would be on the ship when Talho and Holland's child is born. As for Anemone and Dominique, they are off on their own love trip; yes, not enough detail or development was put into their relationship throughout the series but the point is that they ended up loving one another.

At the end when Maurice, Linck and Maeter are having dinner with Axel, Axel is holding onto a residence form which shows Renton and Eureka as father and mother with Maurice, Linck and Maeter being their children. Why you may ask? Well considering all they've gone through together (especially the last 4 episodes) I can't really see Eureka giving up her role as being their mother. Now, what I really don't get is how some of you guys don't get how Eureka and Renton aren't there with Axel and the 3 children or are confused whether or not they are alive. I think the heart in the moon with their names on it kinda confirms that they are in love and what do you do when you love someone? Obviously you go on a honeymoon with said lover after being married. If you look at the last scene before the episode ends it shows a silhouette of Eureka and Renton holding hands; notice the glowing green wings that belong to Eureka and the hair style of Renton).

Anyway, Superb ending for an awesome Anime. Definitely a 9/10. If you feel that this Anime could have been condensed (with less filler episodes) and should have had more development for Anemone x Dominique and Ray x Charles; I feel the same, but that's why it's a 9/10. I won't say anything about the plot holes because I actually think through the plot and come to my own understanding of what's happening.

P.S. Think about Renton's situation and mind set as a 14 year old and what he does throughout the Anime and tell me how he doesn't become a young man.
"Those of us who have the dreams and the passion to be able to overturn common sense are the strongest" Kuroyanagi Ryo, Yakitate Japan! Episode 24.

"Lelouch Vi Britannia commands you, all of you, to die!" -Lelouch Lamperouge

Jun 24, 2010 6:23 PM
Dec 2009
What the fuck did I just watch?
Jul 5, 2010 3:24 AM

Sep 2009
Just finished rewatching. I'm going to up my score from an 8 to a 9. I might have given this a 10 if those kids weren't soo annoying earlier on.

I would love to actually see Renton and Eureka's "honeymoon".
Jul 13, 2010 8:47 PM

Apr 2010
loved this episode. one of the best animes out there. i thought it was gonna suck because it had 50 episodes but its alright. 10/10. this was one of the best endings i have seen in a long time. it was sad but fullfilling.
Jul 15, 2010 10:55 PM

Apr 2009
I must say, the best anime I've watched in my whole life. I don't care about all the loopholes and shit, I care about Eureka and Renton actually being together in the end with the promise that Renton made.

10/10

sad that it's over.. man i loved this show. ah well, onto the movie!
Jul 21, 2010 11:27 PM

Aug 2009
It was good, not too bad. I was going to leave it at 8/10 but it might get bumped down to a 7/10 for the lack of consistency regarding the animation itself. Some scenes throughout the show were drawn and animated terribly.

Another thing that affects my score is the fact that every other episode Renton, Eureka, the damn kids, Anemone, Dominic or somebody is crying. That got really annoying.

Overall I thought it was great, I had wanted to see it in its entirety for a long time.

Aug 4, 2010 6:21 PM

Mar 2008
This is definitely an acquired taste. I only watched it to the end because there was nothing else. 14 year old protagonist, which didn't sound promising, lived up to its unpromising state.
Aug 14, 2010 5:43 PM
Jun 2010
Great story, I wanna give it a 10 but they didn't make a big heartfelt reunion at the end and just kinda pulled the plug sooooooo, sadly a 9.
Aug 22, 2010 7:51 PM

Oct 2009
there was a question about the ring in the amber. it wasnt charles' ring. the ring in the amber had the letter R&E in it. after seeing that, renton went curious (just like me) and looked at the ring at his pocket, which was the real charles' ring. and that ring had the letter R&C on it.so it means that the ring in the amber meant "renton and eureka" :) so we can say that they really did get married later on. and that amber thing was quite suspicious. O_o it had the ring and the footprints in it. and that amber was there to protect those memories. it felt like the sand and the ring under the amber were somehow memories from the past. just like looking at the future. i wonder what that meant.

other than that, i just finished the show an hour ago, and im not satisfied with the ending either.

im going to repeat another question which is already asked here, but noone answered it. what does the "seven" in the name of the show stand for? im thinking, searching the internet, but couldnt find any answer to convince myself. anyone
knows?

gibberishuserAug 22, 2010 8:05 PM
Aug 25, 2010 7:39 AM

Oct 2008
foreveryoung said:
there was a question about the ring in the amber. it wasnt charles' ring. the ring in the amber had the letter R&E in it. after seeing that, renton went curious (just like me) and looked at the ring at his pocket, which was the real charles' ring. and that ring had the letter R&C on it.so it means that the ring in the amber meant "renton and eureka" :) so we can say that they really did get married later on. and that amber thing was quite suspicious. O_o it had the ring and the footprints in it. and that amber was there to protect those memories. it felt like the sand and the ring under the amber were somehow memories from the past. just like looking at the future. i wonder what that meant.

other than that, i just finished the show an hour ago, and im not satisfied with the ending either.

im going to repeat another question which is already asked here, but noone answered it. what does the "seven" in the name of the show stand for? im thinking, searching the internet, but couldnt find any answer to convince myself. anyone
knows?

the seven is the seven swell, and the seven colors of the rainbow. notice how basically everything had something to do with rainbows? haha
Aug 25, 2010 4:59 PM

Oct 2009
BigSimo said:

the seven is the seven swell, and the seven colors of the rainbow. notice how basically everything had something to do with rainbows? haha

hmm.. i got it. thank you for the explanation.

btw, for a moment i thought you were turk like me and making a joke about the show. because the turkish fansubber group translated that "seven swell" in turkish as "the rainbow effect" in their videos. i looked up the wikipedia anime pages and then saw it was actually "seven swell". -_-'' now it makes sense.
Aug 26, 2010 12:32 AM

Oct 2008
haha nope not Turkish though the fansubbers translating it as rainbow effect is perfectly understandable. and no worries
Sep 6, 2010 7:16 AM

Aug 2010
a 10/10 for me
well if i wasnt a sucker for Music i would have given this a 9/10

but yea, good characters, nice ending (thou it would be nice if they showed ever1s life) AMAZING SONG THUMBS UP FOR THAT, deep story, great Mythology, SUPERB ANIMATION and character designs,
man Eureka Seven was a great ride ^.^

still hoping for an OVA or maybe a 5 min Epilogue PLS but i doubt it cuz this was like 4 years ago
FCK

well, im off to watch the Movie =D
Oct 6, 2010 9:27 AM
Jan 2008
ExplosiveLee said:
Clearly, this is a "Coming of Age Anime": at the beginning, we have Renton who is the 14 year old boy who has no clue what he wants to do or where he wants to go; but after encountering Eureka, he starts to develop into a young man. At the beginning when he joins the Gekko state, he has no idea of the sins he commits (all the people he's killed and all the collateral damage he's done to the world). He comes to realize that he's been killing people and he's part of a war that his father started. Instead of running away from the sins he's committed, he decides to face the burdens of being a murder and protect Eureka with all he's got. Renton becomes more of a man than most of the users on MAL (myself included).

If you guys didn't like the development of Renton or Eureka, then this Anime would be very very boring. The one thing I don't like is how everyone keeps complaining about Renton; sure he's a bit of a pussy, but heck, he's a 14 year old. The abuse from the Gekko state (mainly Holland) and the rejection from Eureka (the woman he loves) caused Renton to run away and look even more like an over emotional brat. But let me ask you this; wouldn't you do the same if you were in the same situation and with the same mind set you had when you were 14. Heck, most normal 14 year old boys would run away (I myself would do the same back when I was 14).

The reason why the Charles and Ray Arc was so interesting to begin with was because Renton never knew what a normal family with a mother and father was like. If you didn't have feelings for Charles and Ray trying to accept Renton as their child and had hope for Renton to accept them as his parents, I don't know what is wrong with you; You might be emotionally retarded or just a complete psychopath. However, once again, Renton comes out more mature as a man once again after he decides to leave and go back to Gekko state to see Eureka. Renton could have chosen to stay with Charles and Ray and live a happy family after Charles and Ray and the military take out Gekko state. The more you think about it, you see more of Renton's coming of age.

Then we have Eureka who is the emotionless and clueless shoujo that changes into a beautiful woman. At the beginning she thought of Renton as a kid and as their relationship develops, she slowly realizes that Renton is her partner, not a kid or just a pilot for Nirvash. After going into the zone the first time in the Anime, she begins to change and develop emotions for Renton. Although she is afraid of her changing body in the last couple of episodes, she is just afraid of rejection from Renton and her children; however, Renton is man enough to stay by her side and she truly recognizes that they were meant to be.

As for the ending, I liked how they kept things open allowing us to use our own thoughts and imagination of what really happens. I don't know about you, but I'm the kinda guy who doesn't like having every single detail fed to him by a silver spoon from a golden platter. If you guys really can't think of a good wrap up for the other characters by the end of this episode, then you guys really need to take lessons on being more imaginative.

Also, I don't see how everyone is confused whether or not Renton and Eureka are alive or not. When Renton goes to Eureka who is going to be a part of the new Command Cluster, Renton's intention is to be with Eureka in the Command Cluster. However, after they become one, Nirvash becomes complete and gives her little speech on how they should guide the new world with hope. The tree that's holding the Command Cluster and the sphere that is the Command cluster breaks apart because the Scab Coral realizes that Humans and Coralians can coexist on one planet.

As for the "Half will come with us" statement from Nirvash may be the only confusing part, I'm pretty sure it just means that the Scab Coral will be taking those that were originally in the Command Cluster and those that had Despair Syndrome with them to other planets. Also, I'm pretty sure the Limit of Life would not play in affect considering how many were lost in the last battle from episode 49 and 50 (for both humans and Coralians).

As for the rest of Gekko state, it's quite clear that all of them are alive and I'm pretty sure your own imagination could picture how life would be on the ship when Talho and Holland's child is born. As for Anemone and Dominique, they are off on their own love trip; yes, not enough detail or development was put into their relationship throughout the series but the point is that they ended up loving one another.

At the end when Maurice, Linck and Maeter are having dinner with Axel, Axel is holding onto a residence form which shows Renton and Eureka as father and mother with Maurice, Linck and Maeter being their children. Why you may ask? Well considering all they've gone through together (especially the last 4 episodes) I can't really see Eureka giving up her role as being their mother. Now, what I really don't get is how some of you guys don't get how Eureka and Renton aren't there with Axel and the 3 children or are confused whether or not they are alive. I think the heart in the moon with their names on it kinda confirms that they are in love and what do you do when you love someone? Obviously you go on a honeymoon with said lover after being married. If you look at the last scene before the episode ends it shows a silhouette of Eureka and Renton holding hands; notice the glowing green wings that belong to Eureka and the hair style of Renton).

Anyway, Superb ending for an awesome Anime. Definitely a 9/10. If you feel that this Anime could have been condensed (with less filler episodes) and should have had more development for Anemone x Dominique and Ray x Charles; I feel the same, but that's why it's a 9/10. I won't say anything about the plot holes because I actually think through the plot and come to my own understanding of what's happening.

P.S. Think about Renton's situation and mind set as a 14 year old and what he does throughout the Anime and tell me how he doesn't become a young man.

I feel how most people hate Renton. I know he is 14 and went thru alot of bs. Near the end He WAS SOOO ANNOYING. OMG I CAN"T SAVE ANYONE EVERYONE IS DYING. OMG ANT DIED IM SO SORRY MR. ANT I CAN'T SAVE AN ANT. I'M going to roll myself into a ball again. FUCK. JESUS CHRIST. This kid was emo throughout the whole series.

Hands down Ray and Charles are best anime parents ever. I hated how they completely did a 180 on their personality after one episode. They become filled with vengeance and evil. Completely different from what they were built upon.

OMG the pacing in this show and the fillers omg. At least in bleach there was an arch you can just skip but this has hybrid episodes with filler/story. When the story gets serious its totally random. For instance, Talho enters the room. Oh you know, Eureka is Coralian and explains a buch of other things, when obviously 30 something episodes couldn't do. They could have easily used this opportunity to build the supporting characters, who were far superior than the main.

I especially feel sorry for Anemone and Dominique, who got little to no screen time. Their kiss was more amazing than Renton and Eureka, which was a copy of Spirit Away.This leads to another issue with the anime. COPIED.

Literally, master plot is stolen from Final Fantasy Spirits Within. A maniac using a Laser Cannon shooting from space at extraterrestrials, who take over earth. Then u have Full metal alchemist story where you have the military vs religion. Both sides oblivious about the situation. Military conducting inhumane experiments and killing innocent lives. The religious cults sacrifice lives to communicate with the coral. At least Full metal had an interesting mastermind with twists that actually mattered.

Imagination is great and everything, but honestly we have to come up with our own scene with two main characters Talho and Holland (even tho I hated the douchebag, who also pulls 180 in personality after one episode). I wanted at least a scene with the baby being born and the rest of crew. Why put up fillers with a story filled with holes? Why couldn't they have created a perfect ending? Especially for the people who actually went thru 50 episodes. GLAD I didn't. 1/10 for the story and the lines lack oomph, 10/10 music, animation was jumpy but ill give 10/10 for surfing animations, 10/10 for Charles x Ray, Anemone and Dominique, lastly, Gidget and MoonDoggie. Renton and Eureka is in the middle for me At times they were great and there were times were they were sooo annoying.
batman3456Oct 6, 2010 9:31 AM
Oct 12, 2010 1:55 PM

May 2008
Good series, I didn't like the ending it was too cheesy for me; a heart in the moon :0. 7 out of 10.
Oct 22, 2010 7:30 AM

Jun 2010
Hmm not the happy end I was hoping for but a happy end non the less. Which they could just all be a happy family and live whit Holland :)

Oct 23, 2010 9:57 PM
Aug 2010
the best ending! now... lest's go to The Movie! \o/
Oct 25, 2010 6:43 PM
Oct 2010
I love this anime very much, I want to watch the movie but not sure if it will just ruin the anime for me, does it tie in with the anime well and is it worth a watch? Also any Good animes like this other then code geas (havent watched many anime's at all), TY! :)
Oct 31, 2010 4:24 AM

Aug 2010
weak ending
idk had good parts with renton getting eureka but some stuff in the ending was crap
Nov 17, 2010 7:27 AM
Jul 2010
Hiba-Tan said:
That was a pretty confusing ending. I didn't get why the kids were dumped on the grandpa and what happened to everyone else. And why did Renton and Eureka have that cheesy moment thing where the lazer had a heart around it? Couldn't they have just left it a circle? And did poor Will end up dying? ;-; And what about Talho's baby? Was it mutated? And Dewey's kids? They left too many questions. D:

They weren't dumped on the grandpa, they went to the grandpa because thats where Renton and Eureka will return to.

Because of the book, in the book she wrote a big heart for renton and the Compac Drive also showed that off.

Everyone that died has become one with the Coral

I'm sure the child was healthy... it woudn't have been mutated by the summer of love.

Deweys kids are going to be with the Captain of the Izumo..

Hardly unanswered...
Dec 16, 2010 9:47 PM

May 2009
Overall comments:

Final episode was decent, but not stellar.

However, the series as a whole was pretty awesome. So many heartwarming moments. So many awesome moments. The plot gets credit for keeping me guessing until almost the very end, and the show mostly understood the idea of dramatic pacing--which is better than can be said about a lot of other shows (I'm looking at you, Sky Girls, for your often complete lack of cliffhangers).

However, keeping it from a score of 10 are things such as not enough development of the supporting cast, and a soundtrack that, while great, could have been even more awesome (I thought Kiddy Grade's soundtrack was better, for example).

I would also have enjoyed seeing a few more hints at what the characters are up to now. Reading this thread was nice to help illuminate the possibility that R&Ewere on a honeymoon.

Well, reading this thread was also useful for thinking about what other details they missed--such as why was all that area coated in amber?

And I agree, they should have been through on the epilogue and shown more sides. We literally know nothing of what the rest of the characters where up to. You'd think they'd at least touch on how Holland is holding up after all the abuse his body and mind suffered at the end of the series and considering he's the most prominent main character after Renton and Eureka.

Since they failed to follow through, and it had some cheesy scenes (love beam is as cheesy as it can come), I'm not particularly keen on the ending, but as a whole it was good that they managed to close the main issue at hand, which is something a lot of series seem to be failing at lately, even if it failed to cough up a satysfying epilogue.

Agreed.

Though the sign on the moon might just be something the characters imagined--the sparkly ring as well as the park's name is enough to make them think of Eureka and Renton.

However, hearts beam is definitely cheesy.

Renton and Eureka... even at the end of this, I can't stand them. At all. Whine whine whine, QQ baw. I wish they had focused on the supporting characters more, they were a hell of a lot more compelling than watching Renton and Eureka cry about nothing for fifty episodes.

I agree that the supporting cast really needed more screen-time.

However, for what it's worth, I teared up a lot during this whole series.

a bit like evangelion, lol D:

Actually, I'd say it's like the opposite of Evangelion--the boy hero actually does grow up, the emotionless girl gains emotions, the red-haired crazy girl is redeemed, and we actually get backstory revealed to us.

Didn't expect Nirvash to be a female. O.o

They hinted at that once.

After the end I thought "give me some more minutes I want to see more of the characters"

Me too.

The ending wasn't the greatest thing...but the journey was darn well worth it.

I watched that speech the Nirvash gave at the end about 'not all life will remain on the planet' several times, but I still can't come up with a conclusion as to what the Nirvash was trying to say. Does anyone have a theory as to what the Nirvash was saying?

I think she meant that some people would have to go on living as thought-entities like Adroc and Diane.

Also, Gonzy being a Coralian...did not expect that one.

Well, he did set up his tea mat in way too little time than was sensible.

Also, I think they should've focused a bit more on other characters like Anemone, but I'm glad that she ended up with Dominic. ^_^

Yeah, it was a music video of Dominic and Anemone that actually got me to watch this series in the first place.

and the worst, too much animation recycled

Really? I didn't notice any thing recycled.

So in other words, it portrayed a 14-year-old boy somewhat realistically, and managed to do it without being a tragedy like Evangelion did.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 17, 2010 1:07 AM
Oct 2009
why is it that 50% of people in this thread assume that renton+eureka + everyone else dies, or don't know what happened to them? =.=
did they even bother to look at what was going on in the screen ._.

Also, eureka and renton obviously survived, with the grandpa saying renton was the only person in the family to ever return (after leaving),
and the last scene, where they are on their "holiday" on the moon. sheesh
Jan 1, 2011 10:10 AM
Dec 2010
I just finshed this series, it was one of the best anime ive watched ever. 10/0

loved the animation, music, plot developement and everything about it, just the odd fillers were annoying. loved the charles and ray part, my fav part of the series.

the last episode was epic, animation just amazing. somewat confusing ending though.

btw what were those rings that charles, ray and holland wore with the r&e written on them, because a ring idenical to that was incased in amber on that beach in the planet.
also what were those steps in that mouontain of amber?
Jan 2, 2011 9:44 PM

Mar 2009
Wow..Just Wow.
I just finished this anime, and im definitely going to say that this is my favorite anime of all time.
But..
1st. The ending wasn't bad at all. I actually loved it, Renton did the similar thing to what Adrock did by doing what he could to save the earth and everyone on it.

2nd. Lol @ Nirvash finally talking and helping Renton save everyone.

& 3rd. Im surprised, The old man on the Gekko State was actually a Coralian watching over them the whole time. Very Interesting.

Well The reasons why this anime became my favorite of all time are:
1. The original soundtrack/Opening, Ending Theme songs are all amazing.
2. All of the characters kept me interested, because they were all very cool and blended well together. (Good/Bad Characters)
3.The whole plot/story kept me wanting more & more non-stop.
4. It had Romance, Adventure, and Mecha fights that made it just absolutely phenomenal.

So this anime definitely deserves its credit, and I would recommend it to anyone.
10/10.
ShinobiCJJan 2, 2011 10:25 PM

Jan 30, 2011 8:02 PM
Dec 2010
This is terrible. Absolutely awful. I'm in danger now of having 4 mecha animes in my top 5. That's just plain redundant! ;p

I love this show. The last batch of episodes made everything worth it. One hell of a ride. And unlike SOME shows that totally ignore it, the journey the two (or I should say three) couples took was spectacular.

10/5 if only I could :)
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Feb 1, 2011 4:20 AM

Dec 2009
So after years of holding back on this anime and never giving it a chance I finally decided to pick it up a week or two ago. And having spent my entire night watching the last 12 episodes, and also watching the snow fall that's canceling all my classes, I have to say I regret ever saying no to this thing. Honestly have no idea what possessed me to put this off for so long. Completely mind blown.

Anyways, guess i'll touch up on a few things:

1. I'll agree, renton and eureka combo got so annoying to a point where i had to skip a little ways. I can only take so much crying. But i will also admit that the character development was still very well executed.

2. I'm a sucker for those defined endings and would've loved to see an ending of renton and eureka walking home towards his grandpa or something. However the ending how it is was probably much more artistic and made for better storytelling. It left a little open endedness but come on, we all know how things turned out (think happy).

3. bones man, they do such great work. although kinda upset with star driver and gosick atm, but that makes for topics in other threads

The Thurston brigade gets a 10 out of 10 in my book.
Mar 20, 2011 1:24 PM

Sep 2010
After nearly finishing E7 about 4 years ago and forgetting everything, I recently picked up this show again. The story was so grappling that I usually cannot control myself marathoning one season at a time, as well as watching the last 2 seasons within a course of 24 hours.

This show was set to near perfection at the beginning, with many characters having to endure endless struggles for survival, freedom, or the safety of their loved ones. The story is somewhat well paced. And there are lots of lovey-dovey as well as bad-ass hero moments.
...Though I hate the fact that most of the episodes in this show reduce me to tears. I can't handle it anymore.

Personally, I find the supernatural element arising since the start of season 3 a bit overwhelming. And what came with it is the total mind-fuck episodes where nothing seemed to make sense even after they explained it 20 times (well it's better to think too much than not thinking at all). And the final episode was almost too stereotypical but were nonetheless satisfying and removes a big load off my chest.

Renton and Eureka shall live on forever as fireflies :P (but humans and coralians are fine too)
coolwolfMar 20, 2011 1:34 PM

Mar 21, 2011 5:02 AM

Jan 2010
Well, Renton and Eureka left for the other universe, right? Supposedly Renton chose to become one of the coralians so he can be with Eureka and save the world. Then I guess, one year later, they returned with... wings and flashing foreheads? Whatever, it was a great anime.

8/10
werrstonMar 21, 2011 5:11 AM
Mar 22, 2011 12:07 PM

Jan 2009
Let's see if I can keep this short.
First, Anemone×Dominic > Eureka×Renton. And besides, Anemone <3
And as far as characters go, most characters of slightly important to major characters, Anemone and Gidget were definitely the best characters of them all.
Renton, was annoying, as one would expect from a shounen protagonist.
Eureka, was almost as annoying, as one would expect from-... wait, what? Oh and, that annoying haircut she had after she... um... I dunno, was partially absorbed into the scub coral, or whatever happened, god how I hated how that looked.
Anyway, Anemone, had the best development in this series. And Dominic had some great development too, seeing as I disliked him at first.
Gonzy, was also a fucking awesome character, in all ways. Even though the fact that he was a coralian was quite expected ever since... I dunno, when he was more or less everywhere, all the time.

To put it shortly about the story composition and overall pacing, I didn't really think they'd be able to wrap it up in the last 10 episodes, but so they did.
Episodes 1-20 were great, episodes 21-30 were awful, because emo-Renton is about as fun to watch as any other generic shounen protagonist's emotional period is. Not at all, that is. It's all the same, and it just doesn't get to me.
Then we got to episodes 31-45 something, which were really great.
And then there were the last 5 episodes which were... a bunch of "what the fuck am I watching?"

Well, despite the fact that I mainly mentioned the negative aspects (hell, those are the ones that you'd remember, while the good things just kinda disappear out of memory after a while), I still found this to be a really good series. I enjoyed it, thus earning it a 8/10, mainly because while most of the show was about 8'ish, and the end was pretty good. Even though it seemed like Bones were on drugs during the latter part of the last episode.
And that moon further hindered a 9. And the signalling lights. >_>

Also, did I mention anything about butterfly-Eureka? I don't think I did, so...
"Haha, she turned into a butterfly, ain't that cute?"
...*sigh*
I gotta stop making these review'ish posts whenever I finish a non-airing show. >_>
Actually, maybe I should start writing reviews? Just needs a little bit of adjustments and removal of spoilers and then it'd work. Probably. Maybe. I guess.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 23, 2011 8:02 AM

Dec 2009
After all I'm glad I stuck with this series! It was a bit long but I guess the way the story was put together it would have been bad marketing to cut it in the middle and make a season 2 second half. There's a number of things I wish had been different, like the personality of the children & some of the morals it tried to feed the viewer.

I'm giving this a 7/10 (which by my rating system means I liked it enough & I'd recommend it).
Such junk...
Mar 24, 2011 10:04 PM

Jun 2010
I haven't seen an ending this good since FMA: Brotherhood. It's definitely up there with the best anime. This has definitely made my top 5 favorites!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Aug 1, 2008

56 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.