Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 25, 2013 2:32 PM
Apr 2013
Dam, I really was not expecting this anime to turn out the way it did, but in a good way. I really wasn't expecting as much romance or tears or anything, but Eureka Seven delivered!
I for one, really enjoyed the "filler" episodes. Even in the "filler" episodes, it still was enjoyable and help solidify their bond with the interactions between Renton and Eureka.

For this ending, I felt like it moved way too fast but maybe it's just because I didn't want it to end. I disliked Nirvash's form afterwards, it looked pretty ugly. It moved so fast between Renton on Nirvash and getting to Eureka, it felt really rushed and I don't know, it didn't seem powerful enough to reach that ending. But I think it was just time constraints/production.

I was expecting some further closure, like in the credits or something, with the Gekkostate because it was a pretty dam awesome crew. I was kind of disappointed in just the silhouettes of the couple at the end after this series.

All in all, I loved the series and the OST was pretty dope too.
drew21Jun 25, 2013 4:33 PM
Jul 17, 2013 9:28 PM

May 2010
Now, how many people actually died in this stupid war? Not a single one.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 20, 2013 7:28 AM

Apr 2013
Loved this episode
Definitely a series I would rewatch
Jul 22, 2013 4:21 PM

Mar 2012
I always wondered why this show was held in high regards amongst people when every time I was able to catch it on Adult Swim, I felt it was pretty mediocre for a mecha anime. Then after watching every episode in order, the answer is pretty clear...romance. Romance seems to bring in the money, but unfortunately that alone doesn't make me rush to give it a masterpiece rating simply because I get teary eyed at the end to a kiss scene (which I did not with this show).

To be perfectly honest this show has very little original material to it, for the most part, the vast majority of scenarios are copied from various other mecha shows, particularly the Gundam Seed series, and I do believe that small portions of Gundam Wing and NGE played a supporting role to this show. It's quite easy to link parallel characters to Gundam Seed from this show, not to mention a lot of the scenarios from earlier episodes were recreations of what happened to Kira and the rest during the events of Gundam Seed. I usually start out at a 10 with each new show and deduct points as I go, because it wasn't atleast 50% original content, at this point it's a 9/10

What really annoyed me about the whole show, was how so little actually happened in the first 30 episodes, because those episodes were spent dragging out the same problems over and over again. Normally with 50 episode shows, it takes until basically the 15th or so episode before something big happens, but nothing really major happens until around episode 30, which is a god awful long time to advance a plot. Renton and Eureka were basically broken records for 30 episodes going back and forth about who they are and how they feel, to the point it was embarrassing that this show was a mecha anime.

The other bad thing is the show's ending was way too rushed as a result of doing nothing with the first 30 episodes not only that, but many of the twists at the end didn't make sense in the slightest...and it's a major disappointment that this 50 episode anime could be trimmed down to about 30 episodes, and still be pretty decent.

In the end, I think it deserves a 6/10, but I'll give it a 7/10 because the soundtrack was pretty amazing...but I think this show is way overhyped....there's just nothing about this show that screams brilliant to me.

Venom900Jul 22, 2013 4:32 PM

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 22, 2013 4:33 PM

Dec 2012
Venom900 said:
I always wondered why this show was held in high regards amongst people when every time I was able to catch it on Adult Swim, I felt it was pretty mediocre for a mecha anime. Then after watching every episode in order, the answer is pretty clear...romance. Romance seems to bring in the money, but unfortunately that alone doesn't make me rush to give it a masterpiece rating simply because I get teary eyed at the end to a kiss scene (which I did not).

To be perfectly honest this show has very little original material to it, for the most part, the vast majority of scenarios are copied from various other mecha shows, particularly the Gundam Seed series, and I do believe that small portions of Gundam Wing and NGE played a supporting role to this show. It's quite easy to link parallel characters to Gundam Seed from this show, not to mention a lot of the scenarios from earlier episodes were recreations of what happened to Kira and the rest during the events of Gundam Seed. I usually start out at a 10 with each new show and deduct points as I go, because it wasn't atleast 50% original content, at this point it's a 9/10

What really annoyed me about the whole show, was how so little actually happened in the first 30 episodes, because those episodes were spent dragging out the same problems over and over again. Normally with 50 episode shows, it takes until basically the 15th or so episode before something big happens, but nothing really major happens until around episode 30, which is a god awful long time to advance a plot. Renton and Eureka were basically broken records for 30 episodes going back and forth about who they are and how they feel, to the point it was embarrassing that this show was a mecha anime.

The other bad thing is the show's ending was way too rushed as a result of doing nothing with the first 30 episodes...and it's a major disappointment that this 50 episode anime could be trimmed down to about 30 episodes, and still be good.

In the end, I think it deserves a 6/10 but I think this show is way overhyped....there's just nothing about this show that screams brilliant to me.

Jul 24, 2013 12:51 AM

Mar 2012
Well i'd give it an 8/10. Great animation, cool ost and some awesome fights. Only thing that i didn't like so much was the story.
Jul 27, 2013 11:43 PM
May 2013
For me the ending was beautiful. But I wanna see more of holland and talho and their baby. I mean COME ON!
Aug 4, 2013 10:07 AM

Jul 2012
Good ending, and those 2 kisses were so good and deserved *-*
Aug 5, 2013 3:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hutchy said:
7/10.

80% of the series bored the hell out of me. The other 20% was mostly me wishing I had seen more of Dominic/Anemone and Ray/Charles - they were the only characters that genuinely interested me, and it figures they weren't around too often. O_o

Renton and Eureka... even at the end of this, I can't stand them. At all. Whine whine whine, QQ baw. I wish they had focused on the supporting characters more, they were a hell of a lot more compelling than watching Renton and Eureka cry about nothing for fifty episodes.

I don't really care about the pacing problems with the ending... I'm just happy it's OVER.

Well, no, I take that back. The pacing was my biggest problem with this show, aside from the characters boring me to tears. The pacing... was ghastly. Combine shitty pacing with a lackluster cast and wrap it up with a rushed ending. Try to cover all this up with pretty animation, and there you have Eureka 7.

It wasn't a TOTAL waste of my time... but I enjoyed this a lot less than everyone else.

Man you said everything that I was thinking. For the most part, this series did bore me a lot, and everyone BUT the main two characters were far more interesting. And as for Renton, sure he developed over the series, but not that much besides getting new ideas about war and love. Other than that, all he could say was, "I couldn't do anything, and I know I'm all talk." Well if you know that and you're telling people that, the better thing to do would be to stop being so down in the drain all the time and try to do something. I expected him to at least grow and learn to not need others to tell him, "let's go" whenever he's being emo. And I thought this was a coming-of-age narrative, but his character development kept going back and forth. Well at least he looked pretty cool. I guess it's like what they say, clothes make the man. All he needed was a change of clothing to look less like a dork. Too bad it happened in the last episode and not earlier.

This episode had as much cheese as all of Aquarion Evol combined, except I think they were actually serious. Although they were beautiful, there was so much rainbow puking out everywhere it was kind of stupid and the Nirvash shedding off its armor or whatever was just as bad as The End turning white. And what is with that moon? I cracked up so hard at this episode, but I guess in a good way, even though it doesn't seem like I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it because it was hilariously cheesy, but again, not in a bad way, it was just a little unexpected for the ending. Well at least everything ended on a positive note, though I would've liked to see the Gekko once again and Dominic and Anemone as well. I think Venom900 is right, that people probably really enjoyed this because of the romance (and the music and mechs)...which the main couple didn't appeal to me that much. Still, this anime had good themes and the plot was interesting though I think it really could've been executed better. And although mecha isn't my thing, I highly enjoyed watching them surf in the sky.
tingyAug 5, 2013 3:32 PM
Aug 31, 2013 10:18 AM

Aug 2013
I felt as if the anime had lots of unfulfilled potential but it was good, very good at points, for the most part minus a few spoilers. It's above a seven but I'm not sure by how much yet as I need to review it.
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.
Sep 18, 2013 10:19 PM

Apr 2013
Happy ending but for some reason.... eh didn't feel it. (EDIT: Probs because it's a little rushed...) Maybe because it didn't end how I expected it to be? I agree with tingy saying the ending puked rainbows too much, heh.

But Eureka Seven took me on an emotional and mesmerizing ride, and for that I'll give it 9/10. Excellent show ^-^
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 19, 2013 10:49 PM
May 2013
It's finally over.I can't believe I finished it.
Venom900 said:
Oct 29, 2013 3:56 PM

Aug 2013
at least they got to kiss twice in the final episode.. or maybe 3 times if that final silhouette of them was anything to go by... like the grandfather said "renton was the only one to return" ... he knows they're fine, Nivash made sure they returned to the planet to evolve.

shame in Eurerka Ao it all becomes a little bit messed up, but i tend to stick to this one as a finale... i like happy endings (bar ray and charles) but lets face it for Anime.. it's probably the best we'd get that doesn't end up Haremish ;)
Dec 4, 2013 6:10 PM

Nov 2012
The relationship between Renton and the rest of the crew was fun to watch, and the ending was really quite nice. I enjoyed it.
However, there were a lot of other points in the anime that I felt dragged on unnecessarily long or were boring to me. Way too many instances of this, for me.

Design was done well. Watched the English dub and most of the voice acting was up to par - some over such as Crispin Freeman's Holland. The three kids annoyed the living hell out of me.

Some good points, lots of disappointing parts.

6/10.
Dec 27, 2013 12:52 AM

Apr 2012
The anime started off well but i felt the explanations for how the Eureka 7 universe operated was inadequate and confusing.

Loved the Gekkostate characters and the soundtrack of the anime. The ending was way too cheesey for my liking. Overall felt like the anime had much potential but fell short in execution.

6/10

Jan 16, 2014 1:09 PM
Dec 2013
I enjoyed the final ending to this anime! It had a very slow start but i felt the last bunch of episodes really brought a lot of the unanswered questions about the world to light. This last episode yes did leave some unanswered questions and had a few overly cheesy parts (the moon) but a lot of it was very touching! Overall id give it an 8/10
Feb 16, 2014 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode and good ending, but im still a bit confused on what actually happened to Renton and Eureka.

I love the new the new Anemone, too bad shes only around for 2 episodes lol.
My Candies:
Mar 29, 2014 8:29 PM

Oct 2013
It's been a fun ride, and I watched it at a great time for me (needed something shonen but meaningful). :D
Apr 11, 2014 8:16 PM
Aug 2011
I honestly felt like Eureka Seven was an anime studio trying to slam together all the popular mecha animes into one. It has mechas that glow while they fly and strange alternative power sources that do magical things when certain conditions only meetable by the main character are met like Gundam 00. It has mechas that are alive and bleed and mental link like with Holland's mecha that he use in the end like and some crazy mindfuck story like Evangelion. The mechas even have the hipster modes of transportation like irollerblading and surfing sort of like the mechas in Code Geass. It also has some crazy upbeat and random rainbow stuff with weird aliens that control everything like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. As a result, you can say that it has many of the positive aspects of each of these like the typical Shounen principles of love and courage. However, each of these series while successful all had one major flaw but most people were willing to overlook. However in Eureka Seven it inherits waaaaaay too many flaws and too few of the good parts to be a good anime. I mean just look at the enemy's plan to destroy all the scub corals. At first it seems that firing the first massive laser is the end of everything, but nope they need a second even bigger one. Surely that's the end of it all right? Nope, instead they need Dewey who's linked with all the corals with a compac drive to commit suicide after blasting a laser into the ground for some reason. Oh wait a second that's not how it's supposed to go either, Eureka needs to fuse with corals and Dewey committing suicide actually only activates some sort of suicide collar on Eureka and Anemone. Oh wait that doesn't actually work either because Eureka's love prevents her from dying or fusing with the scub corals. All in all, the ending was so ridiculous I don't even know what they were thinking. There are so many ridiculous parts going on I don't even know how to accept it. In addition, the protagonists had about a thousand chances to stop this but never took any of them because of "love" or shit like that. For example they knew Dewey was evil yet in the garden they never thought of killing him or capturing him. If the Gekkostate can go into space why didn't they target the orbital laser things instead of trying to destroy the ground fleet? They clearly did that with the orange ships. Why did they bother dealing with the The End so much when it's very apparent that that dish embedded into the scub coral control center is a sign of really bad things to come? In addition, it's never truly explained why killing all the scub coral is bad. It would save whatever humans were left although society would be trashed. However they still have technology like the orbital lasers that is great enough to rebuild society fairly quickly. I know they said the corals will kill all humans but let's face it 1264 seconds isn't a long time and Dewey had planned to destroy ALL scub corals making a counterattack by them to destroy all humans impossible. An interesting anime, but ultimately ended in a shitton of plotholes and ridiculousness.
Look at my awesome sig :)
How do you make a sig?
Apr 20, 2014 3:43 AM

May 2013
oh my god this was probably one of the best endings to a show I've seen in along time, what a masterpiece
Apr 22, 2014 8:32 PM
Apr 2014
At the end, I'm pretty sure the placement of the glimmer of light implies Renton and Eureka are boinking on the beach. Or at least horizontal - there's no furniture out there. They finally smooched and were then set in a peaceful, serene place.
May 6, 2014 5:19 PM
Feb 2014
WTF was that ending. So many questions left unanswered. For that reason I can't enjoy this episode.
Jun 24, 2014 4:19 AM

Jun 2012
I would have liked a longer denoument, I felt we should have seen more of how they ended up afterwards. Like why, of all the characters, did we only get to see the kids in the end? You would think they would at least show us Holland & Talho's child. .
I was worried about how this series would turn out when I was around 10-15 episodes in, but it kind of picked up then, and then things really got moving quickly later on. I think Dewey was a pretty sad villain, they only encountered him once and he killed himself. I really liked the roles of Dominic and Anemone, my two favorite characters of the series.

If this series could have been improved, remove the annoying kids.

Anyway, I enjoyed this, tried marathoning it in one day, but ended up as three, just got too tired at some point in the mornings. Well, I really enjoyed this series, I'd give it an 8 or a 9.

Well, I made a thread for my favorite ships, but I'd just like to share yet again my favorite ships.
Dominic & Anemone, Charles & Ray
Yasu-kunJun 24, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 3, 2014 2:42 PM

Nov 2013
I'm typing this as I listen to the first ED (full version), I think it was the best one. When it comes to openings, probably the 3rd was my favourite but they were all good.

So. This was one of the animes where I enjoyed it so much that I was getting sad that it had to end. I paid close attention to every scene and listened to every OP almost each episode. I also sometimes played the first ED after episodes which had other EDs.

I was reading what people thought after every episode, at the beginning of the series, the middle and the end; it seemed that people complained about "filler" or "slow" episodes, however for me they were the best parts of the series. My favourite parts were when the two main characters got closer to each other, cried together and hugged each other. I was slightly disappointed with the ending episodes because it concentrated too much on the plot and not enough on that which I enjoyed - the relationship, the chatting and everything else between Renton and Eureka.

To add to the above paragraph, one thing - and probably the only thing that made be slightly disappointed, were the kids - especially when they were getting in the way between the two main character's relations.

Well, now that this is finished, I have to say thank you to the writers of the show. Thank you for an ending where the main couple actually stays together and for the wonderful experience. I am now wondering if this was perhaps my favourite anime I ever saw.

Edit: I realised I only talked about the negative aspects, which I see most people doing (people only seem to like to point out the bad things, even of things that they loved), so let me talk about the things that I loved about the series.

I adored the soundtrack, especially the third opening and first ending songs.
The animation for its production date were very impressive (I watched high in quality).
I really loved all of the Gecko crew (except the kids), especially the two main characters.
The growing/developing relationship between Renton and Eureka was one of the sweetest things I have seen in media in quite a while (last time I experienced such feelings of sweetness and innocence from watching something was 4 years ago from the first season of Spartacus).
The ending satisfied me (I'm not exaggerating this but I don't remember the last time I saw an anime where there was a happy ending - i.e. the main character and his love interest both survived and lived happily ever after - what the hell, Japan, do those even exist?).
I watched this in dub and it was really well done. This is a big point, because when dub is done good - it can be a BIG bonus to the series; for example Another dub was excellent as well.
I was pleasantly surprised that an anime considered to be Shonen demographic could become one of my favourite anime - after Psycho Pass has been for a while, which is considered Seinen.

And the last thing that left a really sweet taste in my mouth - the fact that such a relationship could exist. Now I know that this is fiction, but it's just something pleasant to think about. I grew as a traditional guy, which believed the concept of a soul mate for a long time. The bitter reality of short relationships (lasting few hours to a few months) in the modern world, 50% divorce rate, etc, just makes it kinda melancholy. But when you hear kids yell to each other (even in a cartoon) that they will be together until the end of time, makes me pretty damn happy, haha.

Some things I picked up/learned/remembered along the way while watching this:
"Don't wait for others to make things happen for you, you gotta make things happen for yourself." - said throughout the show.
"Enjoy the actual moment, and not the end result." - something which I realised from reading the negative comments on this show.
"Don't give up!" - common Shonen lesson. And a good lesson for life.

Thanks for reading.
HandsomeManJul 3, 2014 5:59 PM
Jul 6, 2014 5:40 PM

Sep 2013
The last episode.

WTF! Nirvash is a girl!
What happened to holland and their baby?

I didnt really understand all that happened and there are plotholes left open but I really enjoyed this series. I dont know if Im overrating this but want to give this one a 8/10.

Is there an OVA or something cuz in
AsianKungFuJul 6, 2014 8:40 PM
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 8, 2014 10:44 PM

Apr 2013
AsianKungFu said:
The last episode.

WTF! Nirvash is a girl!
What happened to holland and their baby?

I didnt really understand all that happened and there are plotholes left open but I really enjoyed this series. I dont know if Im overrating this but want to give this one a 8/10.

Is there an OVA or something cuz in

There is no ova a lot of people like to pretend Ao didn't happen it was a sequel that was created more than 5 years after the original with very little of the original team coming back most importantly Dai Sato who most consider Eureka Seven his baby so any plothole Ao created just igore.
Now as for your question Eureka and Renton did return to the kids and Renton's Grandpa there were end cards at the end of episodes in Japan and this is the last one
and the last dvd in Japan was released with
around 2008 Dai sato was at a con in Dallas and fan asked about that image and he said it how he pictures Renton and Eureka kids. As I see it Eureka Seven Ao was a cash grab that contradicts a lot from the original and is non canon. There is also a video from a pachinko showing pictures that took place after the end and before the last scene with the kids and Axel.
Aqua_ElevenAug 4, 2014 6:21 PM
Jul 21, 2014 7:00 AM

Aug 2013
I can't really pick the right words to express what I'm feeling after finishing Eureka Seven. I have the urge to rewatch from the first episode all over again. Spent 3 days to marathon all 50 episode.. I can proudly say I love this series so much. I listen to every OP and ED without skipping them.

I skimmed through from the beginning and truly a lot has changed, the characters.. personalities.. relationships etc. Eureka Seven was very captivating throughout the entire story. There was not a moment of wasted second.. every filler or comedy scenes has it's purpose. (to me at least) Talking about plot holes or such I didn't really find any worth mentioning as a story with this type of caliber and quality is already amazingly well done and thought out.

There should be no need to tell how beautiful and attractive all the characters are. The way they develop and grow. You rarely find these type of promise anymore nowadays. Characters that appear and die in just a couple of episodes.. enough to cause ache to the heart. The songs and soundtracks honestly play a big part in the atmosphere shown in this series. Every tune and melody strike where it should. I CAN FLYYY..!!

I only wish I could see more of Renton and Eureka. The romance really draws my attention to want more besides the unique storyline full of questions all the time. I haven't felt this way in a long time.. the feeling of emptiness and a hollow heart. After enjoying a fantastic anime like this (usually only comes about 1/30 anime I watch) to the highest peak throughout every episode until it's finally over.. it always takes it's toll after it ends. It's really suffocating.

This series is getting a full score from me.. no questions about that.
Another masterpiece conquered. It makes me appreciate being alive and able to watch this.
Hmmm.. so much critic about the sequel Ao. I won't be watching it any time soon anyway.
Time to search for another anime to watch.
Jul 22, 2014 4:26 PM

Aug 2013
What a ride :D

When I think about it, Renton and Eureka really did change and grow up right before our eyes. I actually can't help but feel proud they've accomplished so much *sniff*

I really wish they expanded on the ending because that was "a bit" rushed. When Nirvash said they're taking half of the people on Earth, how did they choose? Gonzy being a Coralian was totally unexpected too.

All the "Renton x Eureka hearts here and there!" was kind of cheesy. Carved their names on the moon too. Cheeky brats lol. All's well that ends well I guess.

10/10. Though a lot of things were left unexplained, I really really enjoyed it. It made me laugh, made me sad and even made me angry to the point of wishing I can strangle a 2D character haha.tl;dr, It was a very memorable show :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 25, 2014 8:10 PM

Jun 2014
didn't like this anime it had a few great parts but a lot of it sucked and was boring. Way to many plot holes left and overall a disappointment.
feel free to check out my list and message me recommendations :)
Aug 20, 2014 5:08 PM

May 2012
What an amazing ending! That's what I really call an ending well done, the intense action even up until the last point, and then that reunion/kiss scene was just unbelievable beautiful! Really what an ending!

At first I didn't really know what I would expect from this series, and as I'm not a too huge fan of Mecha I wasn't into it too much at first but boy this anime sure changed that thought and made me really like it! If it wasn't because of some of the fillers that made it weaker for me I would definitely have given this a solid 10/10 but all in all the story and overall anime is still strong to receive a solid 9/10 even with the weaker fillers!

I do wonder what the second season and all the specials will offer us so without further ado let's find out!
Aug 21, 2014 11:27 PM
Aug 2014
RafaelDeJongh said:
I do wonder what the second season and all the specials will offer us so without further ado let's find out!

I don't think we're gonna get another season. I mean it's been 7 or 8 years since the first season ended. But I thought the ending was great. I would've been happier if they were ALL eating together though at the end. Like Eureka and Renton were there too. But overall this series really tied first place with Spice and Wolf which is something I NEVER expected to happen. lel
Dec 17, 2014 5:04 PM

Feb 2014
The ending was so touching...:') awhh the feels I certainly enjoyed this anime.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jan 8, 2015 1:32 PM
Apr 2014
I just finished rewatching episode 50 for the second time and I have come to this conclusion.
The reason so many plot holes were left was for the watcher to create their own ending.
My ending is that the kids are with Renton's grandpa because they are waiting for Eureka and Renton to return from their honeymoon. To be honest I wasn't bothered by Hollands unborn child plot gap because I assumed that him and Talho lived together afterwards anyways. I was kinda rooting for Dr. Bear to rekindle the relationship with Misha though ^^. That would've been cute. But yeah I would've been super pissed if Renton and Eureka didn't kiss. They made me wait 50 episodes for it, but it was worth it!
mnnellieFeb 3, 2015 7:48 AM
Jan 25, 2015 2:06 PM

Jan 2015
mnnellie said:
I just finished rewatching episode 50 for the second time and I have come to this conclusion.
The reason so many plot holes were left was for the watcher to create their own ending.
My ending is that the kids are with Renton's grandpa because they are waiting for Eureka and Renton to return from their honeymoon. To be honest I wasn't bothered by Hoillands unborn child plot gap because I assumed that him and Talho lived together afterwards anyways. I was kinda rooting for Dr. Bear to rekindle the relationship with Misha though ^^. That would've been cute. But yeah I would've been super pissed if Renton and Eureka didn't kiss. They made me wait 50 episodes for it, but it was worth it!

They made a few pics that showed what happened to everyone afterwards. Basically the gekko disbanded. Talho and Holland make a lifting board shop. No baby shown. Matthew and Hilda go somehwere. Bears remarries Mischa. Everyone else stays on the gekko and makes a shipping company. Doesnt show enough though.
Feb 1, 2015 11:00 AM
Apr 2014
Man was this a good series....
But that Dewey's plan still confuses me quite a bit. What was his plan with Eureka and Anemone's collars about? Like was he states that "he was bringing the planet with him" but how so? Also pretty confused with talk about dewey placing the collars inside the scub. What was his plan?!?! D:
Feb 8, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
Aaaaaaand, there went all the budget... No, I'm just joking, the whole serie was just amazing in term of animation. But damn, all those colors, flying Nirvash, space loving couple... That was pretty amazing.

Fucking Gonzy. He was an infiltrate agent during all these time. He's one sneaky old man. See ya', magnificent space bastard.

Nirvash evolved again, in his last moment. So that's what he look like without his armor. That was cool. He even began to talk. That voice seemed familiar too.

We got a nice epilogue. I would have liked to know what happened to Holland and Talho. Holland have supposely been very damaged by the LFO B303. I hope he survived all this mess.

In overall, it was very satisfying ending for me, either in term of action, romance or resolve. Renton did looked older and more mature. They ended up kissing, twice. Anemone and Dominic probably lived happily together, them looking at the moon. The children may never see Renton and Eureka again, but they end up with a loving grandfather. Yep, a satisfying end in overall.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 22, 2015 7:05 PM

Jul 2014
The first half of the show felt a little slow for me but it picked up in the second half and ended off great. I'm thinking that I'll leave it at that and disregard the second season since all I hear about it are bad things. This first season and how they ended it is good enough for me.
Feb 27, 2015 6:49 AM

Jan 2015
Nether said:
Man was this a good series....
But that Dewey's plan still confuses me quite a bit. What was his plan with Eureka and Anemone's collars about? Like was he states that "he was bringing the planet with him" but how so? Also pretty confused with talk about dewey placing the collars inside the scub. What was his plan?!?! D:

the collar is basically a kill switch that activates when dewey dies, it basically forces eureka or anemone to become the control cluster then kill all the coralians and everyone on the planet by reaching the limit of questions. anemone took it off in time but not eureka. but she was able to "resist" it i guess cause the power of love and what not.
Mar 18, 2015 10:32 PM
Feb 2015
At the end of episode 49 I was like nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! And then throughout episode 50 I was like, holy crap yeah!!!!!!!!! The entire time
May 28, 2015 11:39 PM

May 2014
Loved this show. I was always attached and connected to the characters. I really loved the relationship developed between Dominic and Anemone, between Talho and Holland, and of course between Eureka and Renton. True development, with ups and downs as they happen in real life.

Got confusing and a bit rushed at the end, but it was overall a very good watch. Leaves me wanting more, too bad AO was received so poorly. I know I'm not going to bother with it. Ah, well.

Easy 10/10 from me.
Jun 11, 2015 12:51 PM
Jun 2015
Hiba-Tan said:
That was a pretty confusing ending. I didn't get why the kids were dumped on the grandpa and what happened to everyone else. And why did Renton and Eureka have that cheesy moment thing where the lazer had a heart around it? Couldn't they have just left it a circle? And did poor Will end up dying? ;-; And what about Talho's baby? Was it mutated? And Dewey's kids? They left too many questions. D:
I think you may be over thinking it.It would make sense that Maurice and the other two children would be with their "great granddad" they are considered Rentons children after all. I didn't think the Lazer was cheesy LOL it had to be a heart! For one it showed the love of Eureka and Renton, second, the heart Lazer imprinted on the moon where every one could see it. If it was a circle the moon would just have a circle on it with eurakas and Rentons name on it, which would be weird. Talho's baby didn't die and why would it be mutated? Both Holland and Talho are human. Deweys kids are going to be adopted by the Cornell. He says so himself. Overall I thought it was a very amazing and thought out anime series:)
Oct 13, 2015 2:24 PM

May 2015
Just had to post this here, what an amazing anime and experience.

Wow.... I mean, there was a time towards the beginning that I got lost along the path of "WTF was going on," but little by little they expand your awareness and give you bits and pieces of the world and it's lore around Eureka and Renton. As you watch their characters grow, it becomes much more than your typical coming of age story story for Renton and his love for Eureka. It's not your save the princess trope or any other cliche' theme. It's not just those two either as there are two other relationships that are followed and developed very well with Talho and Holland, as well as, Dominick and Anenome. As a whole, there is great character developement for many of the characters involved as you can imagine with 50 episodes to go through. The story manages to cut it's own path and ends on such a sweet and bitter note it's tough to explain in words. I guess it goes back to what I said yesterday about the story making you walk the tightrope between hope and despair as it comes to the climax, and that is exactly how it ends. The overall theme of love prevails over anything else, as well as, maintaining that love through a constant barrage of both outside and personal interuptions and how to manage and deal with it. Stand up for your love and believe in your love, that in itself is cliche', but through Eureka 7 it's presented in an amazing way. I can't say I teared up at the end, but I did feel a swell of emotion as it played out and the final scene was perfect IMO. It really was a fitting conclusion to a long journey.

Episode 26, Episode 48 and Ep. 50 by far my favorite episodes as they really nailed the themes of the show and are some of my favorite episodes in all of anime. The music was also amazing through not only the final couple episodes, but from OPs, EDs and background scores. As a whole package, the composer did an amazing job encapsulating the world of Eureka 7 through music.
Nov 19, 2015 1:58 PM

Oct 2015
Venom900 said:
I always wondered why this show was held in high regards amongst people when every time I was able to catch it on Adult Swim, I felt it was pretty mediocre for a mecha anime. Then after watching every episode in order, the answer is pretty clear...romance. Romance seems to bring in the money, but unfortunately that alone doesn't make me rush to give it a masterpiece rating simply because I get teary eyed at the end to a kiss scene (which I did not with this show).

The other bad thing is the show's ending was way too rushed as a result of doing nothing with the first 30 episodes not only that, but many of the twists at the end didn't make sense in the slightest...and it's a major disappointment that this 50 episode anime could be trimmed down to about 30 episodes, and still be pretty decent.

In the end, I think it deserves a 6/10, but I'll give it a 7/10 because the soundtrack was pretty amazing...but I think this show is way overhyped....there's just nothing about this show that screams brilliant to me.

THIS.

People rating this show 9/10 even 10/10 are crazy! 90% of this series was fucking boring. Romance was shit, character development was shit, ending was rushed. This show is over hyped and boring! Worst main character I have ever seen. Also this was a war, yet not a single person died. 5/10
Nov 21, 2015 9:30 AM

Dec 2013
I really love this anime ! It's in my top five of all time ! I watching it like 6 or 7 times and it never bored me !

I'm glad this anime exists !
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Jun 28, 2016 7:44 AM
Apr 2013
This anime is cheesy as hell yo, especially the ending.
Aug 14, 2016 6:04 PM

Jun 2016
That ending is so bad I lol'ed a few times at its absurdity. Easily the most overrated show I have ever seen, and also the worst show I have ever seen...
Aug 23, 2016 6:57 PM

Mar 2015
But seriously, where did Mathieu and Hilda go?

-Slow Start (that's okay)
-30 episodes until plot thickens (not okay)
-Too much "mama", crying and whining for my taste.
Overall enjoyed the ride with the characters.

8/10
Aug 29, 2016 5:43 PM

Oct 2014
I'm gonna give it a 8/10 but I can completely understand why someone would hate this anime. In fact I'm surprised at myself for liking it given how ridiculous the whole thing is.
Nov 12, 2016 4:04 AM

Apr 2016
Great series. The ending was a bit cheesy, but still deservers a 10/10 from me.

Centent said:
On a somewhat related note, this pic needs to be made in to an OVA or something..

I was kind of disappointed that there is nothing more to extend the epilogue lol, especially since I've seen this pic before watching it:

.. only to realise that it was from the movie (alternate version), and E7: AO is apparently focusing on something else.. *sigh*
Nov 14, 2016 1:23 AM
Nov 2016
Wait so is AO in any way related to E7? Is it a follow up?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Aug 1, 2008

56 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.