Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 27, 2010 2:37 PM
Jun 2010
Tyestor said:
Subs here: http://godspeedotaku.blogspot.com/

Downloading now.

That was mine! Haha!

Yeah, anyways, Shana is so cruel. I personally like her tsundere so it wasn't a great episode for me. The philosophy that's behind the episode is also rather mature, so I didn't really expect that from the series. For what it is, especially the music, it's great, I love it. Just sort of an unfamiliar feeling .

Anyone know if this is sort of a 2 part series? There were two conflicts in the plot, one being about that girl and the other regarding the actual Tomagara. The latter doesn't seem to have been solved yet.

Jun 27, 2010 2:40 PM

Apr 2009
I don't remember Shakugan no Shana being so boring...
Jun 27, 2010 2:41 PM

Jan 2010
WHERE THE F*CK IS YUJI????????
What's with the Shana's behaviour?
Only after reading the comments, I understood that this event took place before they met. It is weird. The first episode of this OVA is still the best yet.
Jun 27, 2010 2:54 PM
Jun 2010
gogitosbanditos said:
WHERE THE F*CK IS YUJI????????
What's with the Shana's behaviour?
Only after reading the comments, I understood that this event took place before they met. It is weird. The first episode of this OVA is still the best yet.

Dude, it was only 3 pages of comments, couldn't you read it? This OVA is a prelude of Shakugan no Shana, as in what happened before she met Yuji and all the other people. So, it was after she left her home, showing what she does in her everyday life and what she has to do to kill the tomogaras.
Jun 27, 2010 2:54 PM

Mar 2008
Oh Yeah Shana wins again.
I liked the episode. As for me, the whole series should be just that. More mature, without that annoying fool, and love triangle.

Jun 27, 2010 4:43 PM
Jun 2010
Saygram said:
I liked the episode. As for me, the whole series should be just that. More mature, without that annoying fool, and love triangle.

Then, they wouldn't need Rie Kugimiya -.-, Rie Kugimiya is known as Queen of Tsundere. If Shana would be more mature, she wouldn't be dere at all and would be tsun all the time, then people would hate the anime... Sheesh...
Jun 27, 2010 6:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Raigeki1993 said:
Saygram said:

Then, they wouldn't need Rie Kugimiya -.-, Rie Kugimiya is known as Queen of Tsundere. If Shana would be more mature, she wouldn't be dere at all and would be tsun all the time, then people would hate the anime... Sheesh...

No, I would like this anime instead. I like pure tsun tsun. The dere dere part can pass.

Think about black-coat Shana hunting Tomogaras incognito. That's what I call badass.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 27, 2010 6:44 PM

Apr 2010
I miss yuji :(
Jun 27, 2010 7:55 PM
Jun 2010
wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Saygram said:

No, I would like this anime instead. I like pure tsun tsun. The dere dere part can pass.

Think about black-coat Shana hunting Tomogaras incognito. That's what I call badass.

You do know most of the fans of Shakugan no Shana is watching it because the main character is voiced by Rie Kugimiya right?
Jun 27, 2010 7:58 PM
May 2010
^
no I watch shana cuz flaming loli is love
icekatana8825 said:
SEE THE INVISIBLE TOUCH THE UNTOUCHABLE
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
Jun 27, 2010 8:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Raigeki1993 said:
wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Saygram said:

You do know most of the fans of Shakugan no Shana is watching it because the main character is voiced by Rie Kugimiya right?

You are forgetting the light novel fans. This is originally a light novel, not an anime. So far, the second half of the first season and the second season have been rather a weak adaption. Too much random original plots all around the places. And Kugyu has voiced non-tsundere characters, Alphonse Elric and Hotaru Imai being prime examples...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 27, 2010 8:51 PM

Nov 2007
For those wondering about Shana's behaviour...dont you remember how she was at the start of season 1? This is exactly how Shana used to be before Yuji slowly started to make her learn more about feelings humanity in general. The way she treated Yuji and the torch of Hirai Yukari was the same as how she is treating Junko and her family/friends here as well. Shana was a Flame Haze that always took (and still does) her job extremely seriously and would do anything to accomplish her mission after all.

If anything this episode helped me realize just how much Shana has grown (mentally and emotionally) and how much more human she has become ever since meeting Yuji, I guess you could also blame him for turning Shana tsundere over time lol

Also if im not mistaken episode 4 will be the second part of this story, Im guessing Shana will finally fight the Tomogara? 1 thing we know for sure is that Junko's existence will be forgotten, which is actually pretty sad if you think about it
Jun 27, 2010 9:17 PM

Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Saygram said:

You are forgetting the light novel fans. This is originally a light novel, not an anime. So far, the second half of the first season and the second season have been rather a weak adaption. Too much random original plots all around the places. And Kugyu has voiced non-tsundere characters, Alphonse Elric and Hotaru Imai being prime examples...

So... I would like the third season was more just like this episode.

Jun 27, 2010 9:34 PM

Feb 2010
game8910 said:
Also if im not mistaken episode 4 will be the second part of this story, Im guessing Shana will finally fight the Tomogara? 1 thing we know for sure is that Junko's existence will be forgotten, which is actually pretty sad if you think about it

I actually do not think the Tomogara fight is necessary.
If the entire point of this episode was, as you said, to contrast how Shana has grown over the course of the two seasons, then the episode has done its job and any other portion of this plot is unnecessary.
The whole point of this OVA series is just to stall and build on the characters.

Now, of course, that would just suck if we missed out on the fight though, so I too am hoping the next episode is a fight with the Tomogara. I do not guarantee it though, especially with the title being "Ceremony." :/
Jun 27, 2010 9:58 PM

Feb 2008
Best episode of this OVA, the little flashback of Shana was really cute!

Jun 27, 2010 10:16 PM

Nov 2007
Swofty said:
game8910 said:

I actually do not think the Tomogara fight is necessary.
If the entire point of this episode was, as you said, to contrast how Shana has grown over the course of the two seasons, then the episode has done its job and any other portion of this plot is unnecessary.
The whole point of this OVA series is just to stall and build on the characters.

Now, of course, that would just suck if we missed out on the fight though, so I too am hoping the next episode is a fight with the Tomogara. I do not guarantee it though, especially with the title being "Ceremony." :/

Actually if im not mistaken the final episode will be titles (Ouverture - Part 2) also the box cover of this DVD volume is only half finished, volume 4 is said to finish it making 1 whole picture
Jun 28, 2010 12:19 AM

Jan 2010
ReaperEXE said:
I don't remember Shakugan no Shana being so boring...
Jun 28, 2010 2:47 AM
Jun 2010
Well maybe that was why it was so boring... When I was translating it, I was honestly confused too because half of the episode focuses on something that's never resolved by the end of it. And the ominous red eyes at the end? Yeah, it needs to have some sort of continuation.
Jun 28, 2010 4:45 AM
Jun 2010
wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Saygram said:

Which is why people didn't watch FMA for Kugimiya, they watched it because they like the anime. I watched Shakugan no Shana, Hayate no Gotoku, Zero no Tsukaima, all for Rie Kugimiya's tsundere characters.
icekatana8825 said:
^
no I watch shana cuz flaming loli is love

I said most, not all. -.-
Jun 28, 2010 5:46 AM

Feb 2010
Raigeki1993 said:
I watched Shakugan no Shana, Hayate no Gotoku, Zero no Tsukaima, all for Rie Kugimiya's tsundere characters.

Yes.
Jun 28, 2010 8:19 AM
Jul 2008
Kaworu said:
It was good to see the older shana. Though I have to admit, that episode bored the hell out of me.

You either mean "old" shana or youngER shana. This is before she meant Yuji.
Jun 28, 2010 10:34 AM
Jun 2010
I think next episode might be interesting, that was probably the last mission she was on right before she meets Yuji. Btw, anyone know when the next OVA comes out? I have a feeling it's going to be awhile.
Jun 28, 2010 11:14 AM

Aug 2007
Boring. We all knew that Shana was a bitch before she met Yuuji. 1/5, as this episodes was terribly boring. Not one part of it was nice.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jun 28, 2010 11:54 AM
Jul 2008
It was nice to only see Shana as a change. I finally got a break from Yuji and the others.
Jun 28, 2010 1:58 PM

May 2008
confuser987 said:

You either mean "old" shana or youngER shana. This is before she meant Yuji.

Old as in before Yuji. There is no "older" shana so I wasn't expecting people to take it as such.
Working
Jun 28, 2010 4:26 PM
Sep 2009
meh

:/

BRING ME SEASON 3 ALREADY!!!!!1111

ugh ._.
Jun 28, 2010 7:04 PM

Oct 2009
I really liked this episode as it reminded me of how I got into this anime. This is what I want when I watch Shakugan no Shana, not the mess that the anime has become.

But with this episode, things are looking bright for season 3.
Jun 29, 2010 12:38 AM

Sep 2006
Fortunately I watched this episode during a slow day, wasn't in a rush to finish it and so really enjoyed the touching story.

The animation was pretty outstanding here. The story might be pretty cliche and simplistic but we haven't had one of these in a very long time, i like it very much.

Is it a 2-part episode? I hope not - there doesn't seem to be much to go on from here other than defeating the tomogara. I'd rather they explore some other storyline that is only possible within a OVA.
Jun 29, 2010 3:15 AM

May 2009
Nice to look at, but really boring to follow.
Jun 29, 2010 9:10 AM

Sep 2009
Raigeki1993 said:
I think next episode might be interesting, that was probably the last mission she was on right before she meets Yuji. Btw, anyone know when the next OVA comes out? I have a feeling it's going to be awhile.
The next and last OVA ep will come out in September. They spaced each of them 3 months from each other although the made us wait another month for this "Okay" episode. When I first saw the beginning of this I was not following along. But as it continued I finally found out that this was before Shana met Yuji and this is how she acted before everything happened that we saw in the previous 2 seasons. I would rate this ep a 4/5. Just to show us Shana's POV (point of view) of a flame haze. I also think the last ova ep will be the 2nd part of this since they left it open...
Jun 30, 2010 4:01 AM
Jun 2010
Miharu101 said:
Raigeki1993 said:
The next and last OVA ep will come out in September. They spaced each of them 3 months from each other although the made us wait another month for this "Okay" episode. When I first saw the beginning of this I was not following along. But as it continued I finally found out that this was before Shana met Yuji and this is how she acted before everything happened that we saw in the previous 2 seasons. I would rate this ep a 4/5. Just to show us Shana's POV (point of view) of a flame haze. I also think the last ova ep will be the 2nd part of this since they left it open...

Yea, at the beginning I too did not know what was going on, until I saw her emotionless face, then I figured it has to be the past. I'm also pretty sure last OVA is called Overture 2, so yea, it has to be the second part, but to wait 3 months to continue off OVA 3 seems a bit long...
Jun 30, 2010 8:49 PM

Jul 2009
Nemesis2005 said:
I really liked this episode as it reminded me of how I got into this anime. This is what I want when I watch Shakugan no Shana, not the mess that the anime has become.

But with this episode, things are looking bright for season 3.

this^
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Jul 2, 2010 10:52 AM

Jul 2007
DragonsWhip said:
Boring. We all knew that Shana was a bitch before she met Yuuji. 1/5, as this episodes was terribly boring. Not one part of it was nice.

I wasn't expecting her to be such an asshole though.

But I have to disagree on "not one part of it was nice" since I actually liked her clothes. Boots for the win. Apart from that, this OVA series have been boring all around. I hope they don't screw S3 the same way they've been screwing up lately, because if they actually manage to do a sucky adaptation with the novel material they I think everything is lost for this franchise.
Jul 4, 2010 5:20 PM
Jul 2010
Hmm...

Shakugan no shana is a Action,Fantasy and Romance series... So when I watched this episode I really missed action and Yuuji.

And the whole story is about his powers etc, isn't it?

One of the biggest reason I watched and started to love this anime was because it had those 3 nice genres, Fantasy,Action and Romance.. Those are my personal favorites..

So if they are going to make season 3 I hope it won't be like this episode..
I want to see more action, more fantasy and more romance..

What's wrong with some romance eh?

The most boring episode I've ever seen in Shakugan no Shana, sad.

This is my opinion. :]
KevanzerJul 8, 2010 3:54 PM
Jul 5, 2010 1:02 PM
Dec 2007
Iisan-kun said:
I think the first season should've started with episodes like this, and bring in Yuuji sometime afterwards.

Would have been a great introduction indeed, since the very beginning of the first season felt forced and strangely coincidental as always, whereas this flashback is actually real nice and would have allowed for Shana to be introduced properly and grow even more as a character. It was a very good episode, I didn't remember SnS' atmosphere and script to be this good actually.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 5, 2010 3:49 PM
Jun 2010
Jacut said:
Iisan-kun said:
I think the first season should've started with episodes like this, and bring in Yuuji sometime afterwards.

Would have been a great introduction indeed, since the very beginning of the first season felt forced and strangely coincidental as always, whereas this flashback is actually real nice and would have allowed for Shana to be introduced properly and grow even more as a character. It was a very good episode, I didn't remember SnS' atmosphere and script to be this good actually.

That actually would of been a good idea, so then the OVA would have action and comedy like OVA 1 and 2.
Jul 6, 2010 9:16 PM

Jun 2008
Not much going on, but I did enjoy this episode very much.

I liked the pace and how the episode felt, it made me really miss season 1 and how Shana was back then.

It was nice to see some back story of Shana before she met Yuuji.

I can't wait for episode 4, but of course I'm still counting the days until Season 3.
Jul 7, 2010 5:23 AM

Aug 2008
I'd say this is the best episode of Shana to date...
Jul 8, 2010 9:44 PM

May 2009
Nice eps although we don't see other character..

Shana <3
Kugi Rie never fail to amuse me lol

Give me S3 without love triangle and moar battle
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Jul 10, 2010 4:37 AM
Mar 2008
This series is a complete fail.
Jul 11, 2010 7:53 PM

Sep 2008
Wow that was boring.
Needs more Kazumi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2010 1:53 AM
Jan 2010
Can't believe so many people hate this one/found this one boring. I thought this was the best OVA yet.

It wasn't "oh man, their bodies swap, isn't that wacky!!!!" and it wasn't "what's she hiding? let's stalk her! oh it's food and things! sentimental value!!!!!". It was backstory. Which is always nice. I loved it. Looking forward to the next (and S3)!

Also, anything that gives me more Shana and less-- even better, NO-- Yuji is A-OK in my book (despite how crucial he is to the actual story, I'm not a big fan of his).
Jul 12, 2010 5:15 AM

May 2009
llamaben said:
I'd say this is the best episode of Shana to date...
Jul 12, 2010 5:49 AM

Feb 2008
Well yeah I can feel kind of bad about that girl that she become touch and her whole exist be gone.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 12, 2010 10:05 AM

Jan 2009
This OP just keeps getting better. : >

And Shana is just as bad at interacting with humans as usual ^^;
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 13, 2010 12:34 AM

Feb 2009
This is way better as a character study than action, and honestly it's better without Yuji. I ;_;'d a bit.

Better than the first two series combined. ugh.
Jul 13, 2010 4:25 AM

Dec 2009
It was alright...
wasn't that good or entirely boring/bad =/

gosh.
Jul 13, 2010 6:01 AM

Oct 2007
No Kazumi? Instant win :>
Jul 13, 2010 11:57 AM
Feb 2010
Kuromii said:
No Kazumi? Instant win :>

Everyone likes another character so that not win. Kazumi's neutral for me.

On the episode: It was ok but nothing special, little sad and boring episode. Honestly I cant understand why u guys rating it to the max. 5/5
Jul 13, 2010 3:45 PM

May 2009
Great episode, though I did find it a bit slow/boring.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana S Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Sep 28, 2010

154 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 24, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana S Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chocolaetmaelk - Feb 9, 2010

162 by GoldenPincers »»
Nov 29, 2022 3:12 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana S Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Oct 22, 2009

194 by GoldenPincers »»
Nov 29, 2022 3:04 PM

» 4th Episode Questions!

hawky2009 - Sep 21, 2010

9 by Vanon »»
Oct 1, 2010 1:27 PM

» So when episode 3 and 4 are suposed to be out?

Alycen - Apr 6, 2010

12 by Lightyear8684 »»
Sep 15, 2010 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.