MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shakugan no Shana S Episode 3 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shakugan no Shana S »» Shakugan no Shana S Episode 3 Discussion

Pages (3) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 »
Poll: Shakugan no Shana S Episode 3 Discussion

06-26-10, 5:32 PM

I really like this one (a Prelude). In other words, I like Shana BEFORE she met Yuuji because she is much much DARKER. In fact, I liked the beginning of the first season because it is much darker. The second season just became generic romantic drama.

It's like she degraded 100 years after meeting Yuuji and suddenly started to act like a teenage girl....

Anyway, Yuuji should redeem himself in next season. Time to see some interesting plot twist and Yuuji badassery. And of course, a much much DARKER setting.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

06-26-10, 6:17 PM

Iisan-kun said:
I think the first season should've started with episodes like this, and bring in Yuuji sometime afterwards.

Yuuji's necessary, but the Anime just gets ruined about half way through the first season. I think I would've liked it a lot more if the episodes were like this.

same conclusion
love or hate, i couldn't care less

06-26-10, 6:41 PM

Just watched the subbed ep is great to see Shana back in such a dark tone, her dark dress is awsome.

06-26-10, 7:08 PM

I both like it and hate it. I hate it because I just got used to the Shana that was an extreme tsundere, as well as the lack of other characters; not to mention the fact that this was a completely different situation.

I like it because it definitely deals with humanity, and how people are because of what happened in their past. It also shows shana's perspective a bit better than the series did. It also showed some slice-of-life in it.

It was an incredibly touching, yet subtle episode. Hope to see more.

06-26-10, 7:23 PM

I really enjoyed this episode. It hit on the tragedy of the torch concept that the first few episodes captured so well before the series shifted to mostly action and love triangle. Not to say I didn't enjoy the series after the shift, but that early part had its own appeal, and this episode is most reminiscent of that.

Cliffhanger on a series with this slow a release is pretty annoying, though.

06-26-10, 7:41 PM

I am most definitely going to have to re-watch the seasons before this fall as i did not recognize that this was a prelude to the series and was quite puzzled. Despite that i enjoyed the slow pace of the episode and it was very relaxing... I am not necessarily a fan of the series but whenever my eyes see that there has been a new one released i get all hyped only to be disappointed. Sure these are okay episodes but with a two year gap in between seasons it makes you set the bar higher for these.

06-26-10, 8:17 PM

PackOfLies said:
Iisan-kun said:
I think the first season should've started with episodes like this, and bring in Yuuji sometime afterwards.

Yuuji's necessary, but the Anime just gets ruined about half way through the first season. I think I would've liked it a lot more if the episodes were like this.

same conclusion

Here also!
I hope that Yuuji leaves the city setting and becomes badass~

06-26-10, 8:25 PM

wakka9ca said:
I really like this one (a Prelude). In other words, I like Shana BEFORE she met Yuuji because she is much much DARKER. In fact, I liked the beginning of the first season because it is much darker. The second season just became generic romantic drama.

It's like she degraded 100 years after meeting Yuuji and suddenly started to act like a teenage girl....

Anyway, Yuuji should redeem himself in next season. Time to see some interesting plot twist and Yuuji badassery. And of course, a much much DARKER setting.

Yep I'm also awating badass Yuuji and a much darker settings, that is if JC staff don't make it pink with full of rainbow and buterfly -.-.

06-26-10, 8:28 PM

Do I hear Amu?!

06-26-10, 8:30 PM

Better than the last episode.

LAZINESS WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU!

06-26-10, 8:50 PM

Loved it, I like the two-episode story and wtf at Silver's eyes at the end o_0'

Feels like a regular thing Shana does frequently... <3
Prongs said:
Shana with Ponytail <3

:3

06-26-10, 9:01 PM

Isn't exactly exciting ... but interesting in some way bah o_o

06-26-10, 9:01 PM

Subs here: http://godspeedotaku.blogspot.com/

Downloading now.

06-26-10, 9:29 PM

Some people loves this episode because it's a new episode since a long time... Some people like this episode because it was a prelude, some people hated this because they had no idea wtf was going on, I'm one of the people who hated this because i had no idea wtf was going on.

06-26-10, 9:34 PM

meh so-so on the episode, but it was refreshing to see shana in awhile
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).

06-27-10, 1:05 AM

Damn boring is what it was. Great idea for starting the show back in s1. Like shana always seems to be.... great idea just poorly implemented. Needless to say I've put enough time into this I will be watching s3

06-27-10, 4:00 AM

I think nothing can surpass the first episode of Shakugan no Shana S anymore.
I want Season 3 :S

06-27-10, 5:53 AM

Hmmmmm....... nice Episode. A typical day of a flame haze.

1 more Episode to go then on the the 3rd season.

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!

06-27-10, 7:23 AM

Meh. But I feel kinda bad for the girl though.

06-27-10, 9:48 AM

Interesting episode. Maybe better than the first.
Don't worry, Yuji's totally badass in the novels right now. I'm sure the anime will follow suit this season.

06-27-10, 12:54 PM

It was good to see the older shana. Though I have to admit, that episode bored the hell out of me.
Working

06-27-10, 2:37 PM

Tyestor said:
Subs here: http://godspeedotaku.blogspot.com/

Downloading now.

That was mine! Haha!

Yeah, anyways, Shana is so cruel. I personally like her tsundere so it wasn't a great episode for me. The philosophy that's behind the episode is also rather mature, so I didn't really expect that from the series. For what it is, especially the music, it's great, I love it. Just sort of an unfamiliar feeling .

Anyone know if this is sort of a 2 part series? There were two conflicts in the plot, one being about that girl and the other regarding the actual Tomagara. The latter doesn't seem to have been solved yet.

06-27-10, 2:40 PM

I don't remember Shakugan no Shana being so boring...

06-27-10, 2:41 PM

WHERE THE F*CK IS YUJI????????
What's with the Shana's behaviour?
Only after reading the comments, I understood that this event took place before they met. It is weird. The first episode of this OVA is still the best yet.

06-27-10, 2:54 PM

gogitosbanditos said:
WHERE THE F*CK IS YUJI????????
What's with the Shana's behaviour?
Only after reading the comments, I understood that this event took place before they met. It is weird. The first episode of this OVA is still the best yet.

Dude, it was only 3 pages of comments, couldn't you read it? This OVA is a prelude of Shakugan no Shana, as in what happened before she met Yuji and all the other people. So, it was after she left her home, showing what she does in her everyday life and what she has to do to kill the tomogaras.

06-27-10, 2:54 PM

Oh Yeah Shana wins again.
I liked the episode. As for me, the whole series should be just that. More mature, without that annoying fool, and love triangle.

06-27-10, 4:43 PM

Saygram said:
I liked the episode. As for me, the whole series should be just that. More mature, without that annoying fool, and love triangle.

Then, they wouldn't need Rie Kugimiya -.-, Rie Kugimiya is known as Queen of Tsundere. If Shana would be more mature, she wouldn't be dere at all and would be tsun all the time, then people would hate the anime... Sheesh...

06-27-10, 6:08 PM

Raigeki1993 said:
Saygram said:

Then, they wouldn't need Rie Kugimiya -.-, Rie Kugimiya is known as Queen of Tsundere. If Shana would be more mature, she wouldn't be dere at all and would be tsun all the time, then people would hate the anime... Sheesh...

No, I would like this anime instead. I like pure tsun tsun. The dere dere part can pass.

Think about black-coat Shana hunting Tomogaras incognito. That's what I call badass.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

06-27-10, 6:44 PM

I miss yuji :(

06-27-10, 7:55 PM

wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Saygram said:

No, I would like this anime instead. I like pure tsun tsun. The dere dere part can pass.

Think about black-coat Shana hunting Tomogaras incognito. That's what I call badass.

You do know most of the fans of Shakugan no Shana is watching it because the main character is voiced by Rie Kugimiya right?

06-27-10, 7:58 PM

^
no I watch shana cuz flaming loli is love
icekatana8825 said:
SEE THE INVISIBLE TOUCH THE UNTOUCHABLE
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

06-27-10, 8:23 PM

Raigeki1993 said:
wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Saygram said:

You do know most of the fans of Shakugan no Shana is watching it because the main character is voiced by Rie Kugimiya right?

You are forgetting the light novel fans. This is originally a light novel, not an anime. So far, the second half of the first season and the second season have been rather a weak adaption. Too much random original plots all around the places. And Kugyu has voiced non-tsundere characters, Alphonse Elric and Hotaru Imai being prime examples...
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:

06-27-10, 8:51 PM

For those wondering about Shana's behaviour...dont you remember how she was at the start of season 1? This is exactly how Shana used to be before Yuji slowly started to make her learn more about feelings humanity in general. The way she treated Yuji and the torch of Hirai Yukari was the same as how she is treating Junko and her family/friends here as well. Shana was a Flame Haze that always took (and still does) her job extremely seriously and would do anything to accomplish her mission after all.

If anything this episode helped me realize just how much Shana has grown (mentally and emotionally) and how much more human she has become ever since meeting Yuji, I guess you could also blame him for turning Shana tsundere over time lol

Also if im not mistaken episode 4 will be the second part of this story, Im guessing Shana will finally fight the Tomogara? 1 thing we know for sure is that Junko's existence will be forgotten, which is actually pretty sad if you think about it
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA? :D
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

06-27-10, 9:17 PM

wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Saygram said:

You are forgetting the light novel fans. This is originally a light novel, not an anime. So far, the second half of the first season and the second season have been rather a weak adaption. Too much random original plots all around the places. And Kugyu has voiced non-tsundere characters, Alphonse Elric and Hotaru Imai being prime examples...

So... I would like the third season was more just like this episode.

06-27-10, 9:34 PM

game8910 said:
Also if im not mistaken episode 4 will be the second part of this story, Im guessing Shana will finally fight the Tomogara? 1 thing we know for sure is that Junko's existence will be forgotten, which is actually pretty sad if you think about it

I actually do not think the Tomogara fight is necessary.
If the entire point of this episode was, as you said, to contrast how Shana has grown over the course of the two seasons, then the episode has done its job and any other portion of this plot is unnecessary.
The whole point of this OVA series is just to stall and build on the characters.

Now, of course, that would just suck if we missed out on the fight though, so I too am hoping the next episode is a fight with the Tomogara. I do not guarantee it though, especially with the title being "Ceremony." :/

06-27-10, 9:58 PM

Best episode of this OVA, the little flashback of Shana was really cute!

06-27-10, 10:16 PM

Swofty said:
game8910 said:

I actually do not think the Tomogara fight is necessary.
If the entire point of this episode was, as you said, to contrast how Shana has grown over the course of the two seasons, then the episode has done its job and any other portion of this plot is unnecessary.
The whole point of this OVA series is just to stall and build on the characters.

Now, of course, that would just suck if we missed out on the fight though, so I too am hoping the next episode is a fight with the Tomogara. I do not guarantee it though, especially with the title being "Ceremony." :/

Actually if im not mistaken the final episode will be titles (Ouverture - Part 2) also the box cover of this DVD volume is only half finished, volume 4 is said to finish it making 1 whole picture
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA? :D
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

06-28-10, 12:19 AM

ReaperEXE said:
I don't remember Shakugan no Shana being so boring...

06-28-10, 2:47 AM

Well maybe that was why it was so boring... When I was translating it, I was honestly confused too because half of the episode focuses on something that's never resolved by the end of it. And the ominous red eyes at the end? Yeah, it needs to have some sort of continuation.

06-28-10, 4:45 AM

wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
wakka9ca said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Saygram said:

Which is why people didn't watch FMA for Kugimiya, they watched it because they like the anime. I watched Shakugan no Shana, Hayate no Gotoku, Zero no Tsukaima, all for Rie Kugimiya's tsundere characters.
icekatana8825 said:
^
no I watch shana cuz flaming loli is love

I said most, not all. -.-

06-28-10, 5:46 AM

Raigeki1993 said:
I watched Shakugan no Shana, Hayate no Gotoku, Zero no Tsukaima, all for Rie Kugimiya's tsundere characters.

Yes.

06-28-10, 8:19 AM

Kaworu said:
It was good to see the older shana. Though I have to admit, that episode bored the hell out of me.

You either mean "old" shana or youngER shana. This is before she meant Yuji.

06-28-10, 10:34 AM

I think next episode might be interesting, that was probably the last mission she was on right before she meets Yuji. Btw, anyone know when the next OVA comes out? I have a feeling it's going to be awhile.

06-28-10, 11:14 AM

Boring. We all knew that Shana was a bitch before she met Yuuji. 1/5, as this episodes was terribly boring. Not one part of it was nice.

06-28-10, 11:54 AM

It was nice to only see Shana as a change. I finally got a break from Yuji and the others.

06-28-10, 1:58 PM

confuser987 said:

You either mean "old" shana or youngER shana. This is before she meant Yuji.

Old as in before Yuji. There is no "older" shana so I wasn't expecting people to take it as such.
Working

06-28-10, 4:26 PM

meh

:/

BRING ME SEASON 3 ALREADY!!!!!1111

ugh ._.

06-28-10, 7:04 PM

I really liked this episode as it reminded me of how I got into this anime. This is what I want when I watch Shakugan no Shana, not the mess that the anime has become.

But with this episode, things are looking bright for season 3.

06-29-10, 12:38 AM

Fortunately I watched this episode during a slow day, wasn't in a rush to finish it and so really enjoyed the touching story.

The animation was pretty outstanding here. The story might be pretty cliche and simplistic but we haven't had one of these in a very long time, i like it very much.

Is it a 2-part episode? I hope not - there doesn't seem to be much to go on from here other than defeating the tomogara. I'd rather they explore some other storyline that is only possible within a OVA.

06-29-10, 3:15 AM

Nice to look at, but really boring to follow.

Pages (3) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy