MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shakugan no Shana S Episode 3 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shakugan no Shana S »» Shakugan no Shana S Episode 3 Discussion

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana S Episode 3 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

81 55.10%
4 out of 5: Liked it

36 24.49%
3 out of 5: It was OK

22 14.97%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

4 2.72%
1 out of 5: Hated it

4 2.72%
Voters: 147

06-26-10, 5:32 PM

I really like this one (a Prelude). In other words, I like Shana BEFORE she met Yuuji because she is much much DARKER. In fact, I liked the beginning of the first season because it is much darker. The second season just became generic romantic drama.

It's like she degraded 100 years after meeting Yuuji and suddenly started to act like a teenage girl....

Anyway, Yuuji should redeem himself in next season. Time to see some interesting plot twist and Yuuji badassery. And of course, a much much DARKER setting.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

06-26-10, 6:17 PM

Iisan-kun said:
I think the first season should've started with episodes like this, and bring in Yuuji sometime afterwards.

Yuuji's necessary, but the Anime just gets ruined about half way through the first season. I think I would've liked it a lot more if the episodes were like this.

same conclusion
love or hate, i couldn't care less

06-26-10, 6:41 PM

Just watched the subbed ep is great to see Shana back in such a dark tone, her dark dress is awsome.

06-26-10, 7:08 PM

I both like it and hate it. I hate it because I just got used to the Shana that was an extreme tsundere, as well as the lack of other characters; not to mention the fact that this was a completely different situation.

I like it because it definitely deals with humanity, and how people are because of what happened in their past. It also shows shana's perspective a bit better than the series did. It also showed some slice-of-life in it.

It was an incredibly touching, yet subtle episode. Hope to see more.
[img]http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af221/flipside101/IcIRcn1316192008.gif[/img]

06-26-10, 7:23 PM

I really enjoyed this episode. It hit on the tragedy of the torch concept that the first few episodes captured so well before the series shifted to mostly action and love triangle. Not to say I didn't enjoy the series after the shift, but that early part had its own appeal, and this episode is most reminiscent of that.

Cliffhanger on a series with this slow a release is pretty annoying, though.

06-26-10, 7:41 PM

I am most definitely going to have to re-watch the seasons before this fall as i did not recognize that this was a prelude to the series and was quite puzzled. Despite that i enjoyed the slow pace of the episode and it was very relaxing... I am not necessarily a fan of the series but whenever my eyes see that there has been a new one released i get all hyped only to be disappointed. Sure these are okay episodes but with a two year gap in between seasons it makes you set the bar higher for these.

06-26-10, 8:17 PM

PackOfLies said:
Iisan-kun said:
I think the first season should've started with episodes like this, and bring in Yuuji sometime afterwards.

Yuuji's necessary, but the Anime just gets ruined about half way through the first season. I think I would've liked it a lot more if the episodes were like this.

same conclusion

Here also!
I hope that Yuuji leaves the city setting and becomes badass~

06-26-10, 8:25 PM

wakka9ca said:
I really like this one (a Prelude). In other words, I like Shana BEFORE she met Yuuji because she is much much DARKER. In fact, I liked the beginning of the first season because it is much darker. The second season just became generic romantic drama.

It's like she degraded 100 years after meeting Yuuji and suddenly started to act like a teenage girl....

Anyway, Yuuji should redeem himself in next season. Time to see some interesting plot twist and Yuuji badassery. And of course, a much much DARKER setting.

Yep I'm also awating badass Yuuji and a much darker settings, that is if JC staff don't make it pink with full of rainbow and buterfly -.-.

06-26-10, 8:28 PM

Do I hear Amu?!

06-26-10, 8:30 PM

Better than the last episode.

LAZINESS WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU!

06-26-10, 8:50 PM

Loved it, I like the two-episode story and wtf at Silver's eyes at the end o_0'

Feels like a regular thing Shana does frequently... <3
Prongs said:
Shana with Ponytail <3

:3

06-26-10, 9:01 PM

Isn't exactly exciting ... but interesting in some way bah o_o

06-26-10, 9:01 PM

Subs here: http://godspeedotaku.blogspot.com/

Downloading now.

YouTube - I post all my gameplay (Kingdom Hearts, so far) videos here (mostly boss fights), I am currently running through Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix on Proud Mode. I am aiming to catalogue all boss fights in 1080p HD using PCSX2 to emulate and Fraps to record. Give my videos a watch and some constructive criticism. Thanks.

06-26-10, 9:29 PM

Some people loves this episode because it's a new episode since a long time... Some people like this episode because it was a prelude, some people hated this because they had no idea wtf was going on, I'm one of the people who hated this because i had no idea wtf was going on.

06-26-10, 9:34 PM

meh so-so on the episode, but it was refreshing to see shana in awhile
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).

06-27-10, 1:05 AM

Damn boring is what it was. Great idea for starting the show back in s1. Like shana always seems to be.... great idea just poorly implemented. Needless to say I've put enough time into this I will be watching s3

06-27-10, 4:00 AM

I think nothing can surpass the first episode of Shakugan no Shana S anymore.
I want Season 3 :S

06-27-10, 5:53 AM

Hmmmmm....... nice Episode. A typical day of a flame haze.

1 more Episode to go then on the the 3rd season.

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!

06-27-10, 7:23 AM

Meh. But I feel kinda bad for the girl though.

06-27-10, 9:48 AM

Interesting episode. Maybe better than the first.
Don't worry, Yuji's totally badass in the novels right now. I'm sure the anime will follow suit this season.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices