MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mayoi Neko Overrun! »» Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
View Poll Results: Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

30 40.00%
4 out of 5: Liked it

22 29.33%
3 out of 5: It was OK

13 17.33%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

4 5.33%
1 out of 5: Hated it

6 8.00%
Voters: 75

06-26-10, 6:30 AM

well i liked the ep. and plus as i understood the company is like helping children with high IQ to join in society and stuff xD so since Nozumi was living happy at Stray cats, why not let her stay there?
And about another ep. i agree that that it should have just ended but also i think it'l be fun to watch ^^

06-26-10, 6:52 AM

Linke4 said:
well i liked the ep. and plus as i understood the company is like helping children with high IQ to join in society and stuff xD so since Nozumi was living happy at Stray cats, why not let her stay there?
And about another ep. i agree that that it should have just ended but also i think it'l be fun to watch ^^
Graduated Cat ^^

06-26-10, 6:53 AM

Better than the past few episodes, but dang that was a quick resolution. Episode 13 is just a recap episode I see :/.

06-26-10, 7:21 AM

GarLogan78 said:
Meh. I didn't mind this episode, but it still wasn't that great. I find it hard to believe that Shimako would just let her live at Stray Cats because Nozomi likes it there. Is it really Shimako's place to even make that decision? She is the principal and all, but Nozomi was chosen to be a Murasame, so wouldn't the company or whatever be more aggressive in getting her back?

And also, why can't it just be over? This show does not need a recap at all. Most of the episodes are so disjointed from one another I don't even know what they will be recapping.

The principal is the legal guardian of Nozomi because the institute adopted her, principal is the legal guardian of all the kids there. She let Nozomi live there because Nozomi wanted to and the principal knew how much she loved it there and that was the only time she saw Nozomi smile, Nozomi never had the expression of having fun or being happy in the institute, as a legal guardian she want her kids to be happy. If you paid attention to what Chise's maids said about what they're recapping then you will know what they are recapping...

06-26-10, 8:30 AM

i feel that this series was rushed and had no coordination in the planning because it didnt feel like it was following a story. this episode is a 8/10 but the whole series is a 7/10. and i dont understand why they wanted to make a 13th episode if it is just recaps. why dont they just put it as OVAs.

06-26-10, 8:39 AM

Raigeki1993 said:
Dunkjoe said:
Raigeki1993 said:

Umm, I thought the whole Stray Cat Society people were all main characters, or am I wrong...? I'm not sure, it just seemed like they were.

Well yea actually I think they are... but somehow right from the beginning till the end there are quite a lot of scenes Nozomi related. If you connect the first 3 eps with the last ep and a few in between that is.

Too bad Chizu's problems were not dwelled into.

First 3 and one episode in the middle and the last 2 episode are all main stories, the rest of the other episodes are fillers. That's why those first 3 are connected.

That's the thing. When you put all the mostly Nozomi was deeply involved with and exclude those other characters were deeply involved with you practically make Nozomi look like the main character, since this series is otherwise filled with fillers in which no character seem to be emphasized.

06-26-10, 8:49 AM

@Dunkjoe
Even if you don't exclude the character out, Nozomi is still important inside the story.

06-26-10, 9:17 AM

Anyone notice the One Piece parody part at about 15:00-15:16? Somewhere there..

06-26-10, 9:32 AM

lzumi-chan said:
Anyone notice the One Piece parody part at about 15:00-15:16? Somewhere there..

I notice that too ^^
The race,Its hard not to notice that...

06-26-10, 10:50 AM

Maximatum99 said:
Well, this was not a disappointing "end" considering that the first episode was enough for me to judge the series anyway.

I wonder what the last episode will be about. 100% certain it won't change the score anyway.

5/10.

they said it at the end the last ep is just a recap of what happened in the anime prob at the end of the ep they will do a little extra

06-26-10, 11:13 AM

I rather liked this episode for a change...

Also Nozomi in Chopper Costume. I liked it.

Overall this series seemed mediocre at best (unless 13 is truly extraordinary, not recap). I had hopes for this series before it aired, but they were quiclky dashed to pieces against a rocky shore :(

06-26-10, 11:47 AM

Well, I found the entire episode a pretty good way to end things on a high (in my opinion of course), given the random comedic take on the series on a overall whole. I personally only saw just about half the episodes (including the last two) containing any sort of the development many had wanted to see, but I thought it was done well. The anime ends at volume three of the novel, matching my predictions earlier for this series.

It's good I didn't expect much from these series (as per my usual standards when picking anime similar to this) because I found the direction it took really amusing. However, with that over with, I do hope that if they do have a second season any time in the future, it'd be more faithful to the novels. I highly doubt they would try twelve different directors for one series again, if a second season did get the nod. Hopefully then, we might see it being more faithful to the novels than this season (which, like I said earlier, only about half were similar to the novel material).

So it's about time we said goodbye to a really fun and humourous anime (once again, my personal tastes), and with the next episode likely a recap episode more than anything else, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I wouldn't recommend this one for plot-lovers though, because this had little plot, but had lots of comedy and parodies throughout.

06-26-10, 12:05 PM

lol I'm going to give it 3/10 cuz I like the art, the story sucks and the characters are just too cliché

06-26-10, 12:21 PM

II think this series deserve 6 or 5 I enjoyed some episodes itwasn´t unwatchable, there´s worst series out there and well If was unwatchable why does people still watched it?

It wasn´t good but didn´t bored me a lot so I think it´s a medium low rate.

Isn´t supposed to be 12episodes?

I´m watching 13 on my animelist

06-26-10, 2:08 PM

All hail Bloots!

06-26-10, 2:20 PM

We got ot see Nozomi dress up as Tony Tony Chopper and some random dude in the background dress up as Usopp, so I guess the director of One Piece had the honor of doing the "last" episode.

Next episode's a recap?

06-26-10, 5:16 PM

pacostuart said:
Overall this series seemed mediocre at best (unless 13 is truly extraordinary, not recap). I had hopes for this series before it aired, but they were quiclky dashed to pieces against a rocky shore :(

I blame it on the fact that they had a different director for each episode.

I rather liked this episode compared to a lot of the episodes in the middle, which those just seemed to drag on with no progress(especially ep. 7 & 8). At least Nozomi finally said that she loves Takumi.

They'll probably mention a 2nd season in the recap episode, since the series really hasn't had that much story advancement. If so, it'll involve Fumino, Chise & Nozomi fighting over Takumi a lot more.

06-26-10, 11:48 PM

lol too funny
"No more spats! Bloomers is love of lolwut?"
and the part where Nozomi tells Fumino and Chise about their love triangle and then says "What should we do?" so innocently was lol.

06-27-10, 1:16 AM

iiSatou said:
All Hail Bloomeria!!

So much for the buildup of the issue of Nozomi's past just to say that she stays in the store. The parodies also didn't help. Well, Fujino Tamao and Kanae in different poses in the second day of the festival was nice but overall, this episode was really weak. And we have another episode which is just a recap. It's safe to say that whatever the last episode is, it won't change my score for this. 6/10.

06-27-10, 2:03 AM

belatkuro said:
iiSatou said:
All Hail Bloomeria!!

So much for the buildup of the issue of Nozomi's past just to say that she stays in the store. The parodies also didn't help. Well, Fujino Tamao and Kanae in different poses in the second day of the festival was nice but overall, this episode was really weak. And we have another episode which is just a recap. It's safe to say that whatever the last episode is, it won't change my score for this. 6/10.

NO! IT WON'T BE A RECAP!!!
IT'S GOING TO BE THE BEST EPISODE EVER!

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices