Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 22, 2010 4:58 AM

Feb 2009

Greetings everyone and welcome to the Member of the Week for June 20-26. This week we'll be interviewing xTheMentalist. Joining along with me to help out with the interview will be KyuuAL. Here's what xTheMentalist had to say during her interview:

=======================================

Majeh-Sama:
What's the story behind your username here on MAL?

xTheMentalist:
Well it`s basically from the series "The Mentalist" with Simon Baker <33 (gaah i love it love it love it *o*)

Majeh-Sama:
How long have you been watching Anime?

xTheMentalist:
Uhm ....ever since i was like 5 ? Back in Phillys (Philippines) where anime was aired 24/7 i was so obsessed with Sailor Moon and Voltes V =3=

Majeh-Sama:
What's your favorite anime and manga?

xTheMentalist:
That`s a really hard question , since i have a favorite in every genre , but i have to say my favorite anime is Death Note , if we`re talking about my favorite anime of all time , it`d probably be Magic Knight Rayearth or Gundam Seed Destiny or ...or ....x33 as for my favorite manga ...do i really have to answer ? TT^TT

KyuuAL:
So, how does it feel like to be STALKED BY KYUU? Really, he's stalking you. Otherwise, he would not have come up with some of these questions.

xTheMentalist:
I am honored =3= i used to think stalkers were very cute o.o

Majeh-Sama:
If you could trade places with any anime or manga character for one day, who would it be?

xTheMentalist:
Oh ! Oh ! I`d trade places with ....Lenalee =3= i hate her with a passion because she gets to be with my Allen ;_;

KyuuAL:
Why are you a girl? XD

xTheMentalist:
Cos i`m cool like that ;3

Majeh-Sama:
Do you have a favorite Anime Sound Track you like to listen to?

xTheMentalist:
I haven`t really been listening to Anime soundtracks lately but i remember way before i used to like playing the soundtrack for Card Captor Sakura :3

Majeh-Sama:
What are your favorite movies?

xTheMentalist:
Seriously , i`m very into animated movies , Shrek 2 and Madagascar are my favorites , call me childish , but they crack me up so hard xD i also love Pink Panther , it`s the kind of movie that i can watch a million times and laugh just as hard each time (ok maybe not but you get the idea x3) , i also like war movies for some reason , and horror movies ;3

KyuuAL:
OK. Using my Kyuu stalking skills, I checked out some of your video. What motivates you to sing?

xTheMentalist:
(I was thinking whether i should answer this seriously or not x3) Well , i don`t know ...i just sing o.o it`s kinda something i do subconsciously , or maybe it`s my guitar :3

Majeh-Sama:
What type of music you like to listen to?

xTheMentalist:
I like any music that gets me into it , mostly bands though , my favorite band is Paramore *nod nod* other artists that i really love are Owl City , Bruno Mars <33 , and Orianthi (although i like her better as a guitarist than a singer)

Majeh-Sama:
What's your favorite youtube video?

xTheMentalist:
Well i can`t really go to YouTube right now cos my lame brother used up our internet memory (yes , we have limited internet in NZ , i know TT^TT) but i do have this one :3

Majeh-Sama:
How long have you been playing the guitar?

xTheMentalist:
I haven`t been playing for that long , only for a year , but i can play pretty well =3= the latest song i learnt was "Billionaire" i was soo thrilled x33 i played the guitar on our last cover of "Airplanes"

~> http://www.youtube.com/user/CookieMonsterz2010?feature=mhw5

my friend can play waay better than me though :3

KyuuAL:
Also, what prompted you to learn guitar?

xTheMentalist:
That`s a very good question o.o well we had this solo performance assessment for music class and obviously , i couldn`t just sing without any accompaniment so i kinda had to learn the guitar and i fell in love with it x33

Majeh-Sama:
What was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you?

xTheMentalist:
Hm , lots of embarrassing things has happened to me , but from the top of my head ....

Majeh-Sama:
If you could have any superpower, which would it be and why?

xTheMentalist:
To be able to read people`s minds =3= preferably on an exam day , it`s pretty self explanatory x3

KyuuAL:
What is it about Cookie Monster that you can relate to?

xTheMentalist:
I <3 cookies =3= especially those ones with hooge chunks of chocolate *o* and blue is my favorite color :3

Majeh-Sama:
If you where a billionaire what would you do with all that money?

xTheMentalist:
If i were a billionaire i`d go on a round trip around the world , and while i`m in America i`d kidnap Bruno Mars (oh yes ;3)

KyuuAL:
Would you sing something in Japanese?

xTheMentalist:
I sing Japanese songs in my shower xD

MEMBER QUESTIONS

Majeh-Sama:
Rildok wants to know If you could pilot any gundam from any series, what gundam would it be and why?

xTheMentalist:
Definitely Freedom *nod nod* or maybe Impulse =3= (from Destiny) Freedom because it`s so awesomely cool and badass and i`m a Kira fanatic , and Impulse just cos it kinda looks like Freedom o.o but Shinn`s a bit of a douche ._. but i do like them both :3

man , now i really wanna pilot a mobile suit >w<

Majeh-Sama:
Finally emperortopaz would like to know

1. What brought you to MAL?
2. What are your favorite non-anime/manga TV shows or books?

xTheMentalist:
1) Well i remember i was googling something random (it wasn`t even anime related) then i came about this forum topic in MAL and i thought the website was really interesting and poof :33
2) My favorite non-anime/manga TV shows are The Mentalist (obviously) , Criminal Minds , Big Bang Theory , and Modern Family ;3 my favorite books are the Calypso Chronicles , Fab Confessions of Georgia Nicholson , Series of Unfortunate Events , and basically books written by Meg Cabot :D

=======================================

I like to thank xTheMentalist as well as KyuuA4 for taking the time to have the interview. I would also like to thank our members for your questions. BTW if you still would like to ask xTheMentalist your questions, please post your questions here for her to answer.

FYI there will be no MOTW for next week (June 27 - July 3) since I'll be away for most of this week. MOTW for (July 4 - 10) hasn't been selected yet and I'll send a PM out shortly when I confirm on who'll be interviewed for that next week.
KyuuALApr 26, 2011 2:07 PM
I see the world how it is... in shades of gray. Nothing is totally clean... or totally dirty! - Majeh

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 22, 2010 8:31 AM

Jun 2009
Nice interview!! *w*

Question : Did you play games? And what's your favorite games? :D

dearest my bb shinah ty for the bday present <33
Jun 22, 2010 9:40 AM

May 2009
Thumbs up for Paramore and Owl City. :D
Jun 22, 2010 10:14 AM

May 2010
you sound awesome! x3
Jun 22, 2010 4:40 PM

Jun 2009
it was really , really nice interview ....... but that vid put me little down lol ...... anyway awesome :D
Gabriel

Jun 22, 2010 5:11 PM

Sep 2008
i actually liked that video
Jun 23, 2010 4:05 AM

Sep 2009
_Ayase said:
Nice interview!! *w*

Question : Did you play games? And what's your favorite games? :D

i LOVE video games , atm i`m very into FF13 , it`s like , heaven in a video game *o* (to me anyway .///.)
Jun 24, 2010 3:50 PM

Jun 2009
:O well final fantasy game and it's "sequels" were from the start, pretty much playable game , after all its name says it all actually ...Final Fantasy XD
Gabriel

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Agree or Not Agree GAME ( 1 2 3 )

Mrokand - Oct 6, 2009

105 by Matiss001 »»
Sep 21, 2021 3:38 AM

» Help discover the manga

kiddygradelover - Oct 15, 2016

0 by kiddygradelover »»
Oct 15, 2016 9:25 PM

» Last Letter Word Game + Anime Series and Character ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 24, 2009

5297 by removed-user »»
Jan 5, 2015 4:50 AM

Sticky: » Tell Us About You ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

olmecalmighty - Mar 21, 2009

2908 by mericat »»
Aug 15, 2014 3:57 PM

» ABC Word Game + Anime Series and Characters ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 27, 2009

4347 by potatocat »»
Apr 14, 2013 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.