Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2010 5:00 AM

Nov 2009
Awesome episode as always.

The best shounen together with One Piece.
Jun 21, 2010 5:04 AM

Sep 2009
Al's scene was quite touching.. I agree with everyone, superb ep!!
*doesn't want it to end yet* ;_;
Jun 21, 2010 5:11 AM

Nov 2009
Really awesome ep aahh 2 more to go =(
Jun 21, 2010 5:28 AM

Aug 2009
Brilliant episode! I'm so impressed with how the scenes have been portrayed in the anime. Especially Al's sacrifice, I was worried the anime would make it look cheesier than it actually is ~__~

And after reading this thread, I actually want to go watch the crappy subs nao! Hahaha
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jun 21, 2010 5:54 AM

Jan 2009
nice explosions everywhere ye!!! and thats why the title is Brotherhood because of Ed and Al
Jun 21, 2010 6:44 AM
Jun 2010
I got goosebumps with the whole ending of that episode with Al's sacrifice. Having never read the manga, I don't know how accurate it was so far, but it's definitely epic.
Jun 21, 2010 6:58 AM
Jun 2010
great way to end the anime. It's not really that epic since it's predictable that it'll turn out to be a 100 000 vs 1 and try to make him waste his philosopher's stone. The only good thing about this episode is AL's "sacrifice". I don't read manga, but I'm 100% sure Al's going back because he was confident when he talk to Truth guy.

Jun 21, 2010 7:00 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode as expected, the animation was pretty much perfect in this one. I've gotta say they've adapted it very well from the manga, can't wait for the last two episodes.
Jun 21, 2010 7:56 AM

Oct 2009
Each episode is better and more EPIC than the previous one. I can't wait for the last two episodes.
Jun 21, 2010 7:57 AM

May 2010
The fight scene with Homunculus was just plain out Awesome in every. It became epic after Al sacrificed himself to give Ed his arm back.

The animation in this episode was done pretty good.
Jun 21, 2010 7:58 AM

Feb 2009
I was positively shaking during Al's sacrifice, even more than in the manga. Great ep.

Jun 21, 2010 8:30 AM

Aug 2008
I know I wasn't the only one shouting "Go!!! Ed!! Kick his ass!!!"

That episode was just so amazing. This anime is amazing as well, I'm glade I'm able to see it...

God damn...only two episodes left..so sad.

Jun 21, 2010 10:11 AM
Apr 2009
Just like Father, Im struggling to contain my excitement and am bout to explode [in the library]

Damn...2 eps left...Readying self for...SEPPUKU!!!
Jun 21, 2010 10:20 AM

Jul 2009
By far the most intense episode so far. I even cried.

Can't wait for the rest.
Jun 21, 2010 10:37 AM
May 2010
When did Ed become so muscular?
Jun 21, 2010 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
This is one of the best stories ever told. World classics for sure. 10/10

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jun 21, 2010 11:43 AM
Jun 21, 2010 12:51 PM

Feb 2010
It was awesome! Yes! Can't wait for next week.
Jun 21, 2010 1:04 PM
Apr 2010
Wait, so Father has got a shitload of Philosopher's Stones, he swallowed God and still he's easier to defeat than Homunculus, for example Bradley?
Jun 21, 2010 1:19 PM

Feb 2010
silkuze said:
Wait, so Father has got a shitload of Philosopher's Stones, he swallowed God and still he's easier to defeat than Homunculus, for example Bradley?

Jun 21, 2010 1:53 PM
Dec 2009
First of all, Riza and Roy are awesome together.
The battle was really amazing, glad that Greed came to help and everyone was fighting the dwarf in the flask. When "Father" said that he'll make some humans, there was King Xerxes, so he has the ability to make a human body and fill a soul inside of it? Hmm anyways props to Al for sacrificing himself to bring back the arm of his brother and finally he's inside of his own body now. The ending was the best part, love every bits of it, Ed's rage shows his love to his brother and we finally found out the true desire of Greed, friends.

Jun 21, 2010 2:12 PM

Aug 2008
DAMN! I'm sure I will cry a lot if I hadn't read the manga first, but still, I alomost cried... ><
Jun 21, 2010 2:47 PM

Sep 2009
maji_saikou said:
O-M-G!
Just one word: KANDOU !
Cant find the English word for it xD
Really loved this episode!!

I think the word you want 2 use is epic
Jun 21, 2010 2:50 PM

Jan 2008
Wow! Just wow :3

I was a little disappointed over how easy they "won" over Father though.
Jun 21, 2010 3:44 PM
Dec 2007
THIS IS ANIMATION. THIS IS ACTION. THIS IS FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST. THIS IS EPICNESS.

ANd I'm not a FMA fan, I just thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 21, 2010 4:02 PM

Jun 2010
Its just weird, I finished the manga and felt content, but now as im watching the series end im having a hard time believing its gonna end. 2 more to go.
Jun 21, 2010 4:56 PM

Feb 2010
EPIC EPISODE!!!! Alphonse sacrifices himself for his brother. His brother in rage with his body parts back goes in rage and destroys the homunculus! Will he be able to save Alphonse after its all over? Will he be willing to sacrifice a human life to get his brother back?
Jun 21, 2010 4:58 PM
Jun 2010
Great episode!

The subs I watched had Hoenheim say "Drugs!" When Father did his big attack, I was like, umm, I doubt he just screamed the word DRUGS after getting attacked lol!
Jun 21, 2010 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
Watched tmd's version online , and gotta admit , the subs make this episode look better . Wow . . Kameda's work in two important scenes is worthy of appreciation . . :)
still can't find an eclipse version though :(
Jun 21, 2010 6:53 PM

Dec 2009
5/5
Nothing more to say
Jun 21, 2010 6:54 PM

Jun 2008
Am I the only one who got goosebumps???

WOW, what an episode, what a series.

Also, can we stop fighting about who makes the discussion and what the poll says, this is an utterly stupid waste of time, we're here to discuss FMA, not the poll or who makes the thread.

I think that the forum moderators should just make an automatic discussion thread for every episode, that way we don't have a million people bitching every week.
Jun 21, 2010 7:57 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Man, I wanted to cry. :o

Jun 21, 2010 8:21 PM

Apr 2008
Holy fuck. I am astounded.

I'm kind of pissed at the first anime though. They spoiled what Al did in THIS version, by having him do nearly the same thing in their version. No matter how you look at it, that was NO coincidence. Especially since we know that they knew the ending back then.
_Vincent_Jun 21, 2010 8:47 PM
Jun 21, 2010 8:39 PM

Jan 2010
AWESOME EPISODE!!!

And yes,the first anime is full of crap!!
Jun 21, 2010 9:06 PM

Jun 2008
KazeFalcon said:
AWESOME EPISODE!!!

Thank you, you're absolutely correct.

NOW, can we please lower their ridiculously high rating that they have. Honestly 8.66 for an anime that DOESN'T follow the manga, and had a ridiculous "anime-only" ending??

Seems like there are too many HYPOCRITES in MAL, they HATE fillers, but that's only when they are aware of it.

In other words most people who saw the first FMA, had not read the manga, therefore they thought it was a "masterpiece" despite the fact it was actually crap.
Jun 21, 2010 9:16 PM

Jun 2009
belatkuro said:
Jrittmayer said:
I enjoy coming to this thread every week to see the weekly argument on polls :D
This is what makes FMA:B even better, apart from the show itself.

*crosses fingers that Fai will start next weeks thread*
Jun 21, 2010 9:17 PM

Nov 2008
alexcampos said:
KazeFalcon said:
AWESOME EPISODE!!!

NOW, can we please lower their ridiculously high rating that they have. Honestly 8.66 for an anime that DOESN'T follow the manga, and had a ridiculous "anime-only" ending??

Seems like there are too many HYPOCRITES in MAL, they HATE fillers, but that's only when they are aware of it.

In other words most people who saw the first FMA, had not read the manga, therefore they thought it was a "masterpiece" despite the fact it was actually crap.

lol i knew it was filler towards the end but i still like it....not as much as this one though :P plus im probably one of the few who like fillers.....i mean the big 3 shounen manga movies are almost always filler but i rarely see people complain about them on the forums ><
Jun 21, 2010 9:19 PM

Jun 2009
alexcampos said:
KazeFalcon said:
AWESOME EPISODE!!!

Too true, same thing goes for those who complain about anime being cut/uncut. If they can watch the cut version and not notice the difference...then whats the point?
Jun 21, 2010 10:37 PM

Sep 2009
The action in this is pretty amazing.
Jun 21, 2010 11:23 PM

Sep 2008
Ok.
I've got a question. Is Al dead now?

The way it was translated (I think I got a decent translation), it sounded like he was giving up the blood seal, which had been what sealed his soul to the armor, and re-accepting his body. The blood seal had cost Ed's arm, so that was returned to him. Since both the arm, and Al's body disappeared from the gate area, it wasn't really explained well.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Jun 21, 2010 11:29 PM
Sep 2009
He rejoined with his body on the other side of the Gate. So he's still alive, he's just in Gate-world, not the real world.
Jun 21, 2010 11:36 PM

Oct 2008
@Jrittmayer , fai did start the thread this time around , but , it was removed (by moderators most probably)

the first anime was a masterpiece in its own right , so please don't degrade it . Its not crap . .

And al hasn't died yet . He's just locked in front of the gate and has no way out . .

XVID version {TMD}
lafuria_suxJun 22, 2010 12:14 AM
Jun 22, 2010 2:05 AM

Nov 2007
silent_killer said:
still can't find an eclipse version though :(

Nothing biggy, since I have Jap 101, and the episode was soooo full of actions (minimal dialog) i understood most of it. anyways, I will be waiting for Eclipse:

Just that their TL moved to Tokyo, FMA 62 predicted for tuesday night [Europe]. Thats all I have got from Eclipse.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 22, 2010 3:59 AM

Nov 2008
I cried. A really good episode :)
Jun 22, 2010 6:11 AM

Jun 2008
silent_killer said:

the first anime was a masterpiece in its own right , so please don't degrade it . Its not crap . .

Whether or not it was good, is completely up to the viewer, I however don't like the Hypocrisy associated with the first FMA.

Many people blame fillers for the hating of big anime such as Naruto and Bleach, many people blame "anime-only" endings for the same hating of other series like Claymore, Soul Eater, Love Hina, Hellsing (the original), Tsubasa Chronicle, I could keep going but there are too many to name.

However, the first FMA, had BOTH fillers and an "anime-only" ending, and yet it was hailed as a masterpiece, and "one of the best".

BUT NOW that everyone has seen just how FMA REALLY IS, many have questioned themselves: What was so great about the first FMA???

The fact is that many people who saw the first FMA had not read the manga, and therefore did not know that the MAJORITY of the first FMA was filler and NOT THE FMA STORY AT ALL.

All I'm saying is that I LOVE FMA manga and THIS anime, However; the first FMA, IN MY OPINION was not good at all and should be downgraded in terms of rankings. (only because this is the accurate story)
Jun 22, 2010 6:20 AM

Feb 2009
alexcampos said:
silent_killer said:

Whether or not it was good, is completely up to the viewer, I however don't like the Hypocrisy associated with the first FMA.

Many people blame fillers for the hating of big anime such as Naruto and Bleach, many people blame "anime-only" endings for the same hating of other series like Claymore, Soul Eater, Love Hina, Hellsing (the original), Tsubasa Chronicle, I could keep going but there are too many to name.

However, the first FMA, had BOTH fillers and an "anime-only" ending, and yet it was hailed as a masterpiece, and "one of the best".

BUT NOW that everyone has seen just how FMA REALLY IS, many have questioned themselves: What was so great about the first FMA???

The fact is that many people who saw the first FMA had not read the manga, and therefore did not know that the MAJORITY of the first FMA was filler and NOT THE FMA STORY AT ALL.

All I'm saying is that I LOVE FMA manga and THIS anime, However; the first FMA, IN MY OPINION was not good at all and should be downgraded in terms of rankings. (only because this is the accurate story)

I loved the first anime, but had to lower my score on it a notch when I started with the manga and Brotherhood storyline, because that showed me the true potential of FMA as a work of fiction.

Can't say I didn't enjoy the first anime so it still gets a decent score, but I did lower it from a 9 to an 8. Brotherhood is on the verge of getting a 10.
ArnoldKJun 22, 2010 7:07 AM

Jun 22, 2010 6:23 AM

Oct 2008
alexcampos said:

Many people blame fillers for the hating of big anime such as Naruto and Bleach

please , don't compare naruto and bleach to fullmetal alchemist.

And cmon , soul eater's ending sucked to the core . Mindless mind *uck in the last episode .
Jun 22, 2010 6:40 AM

Jun 2008
silent_killer said:
alexcampos said:

Many people blame fillers for the hating of big anime such as Naruto and Bleach

please , don't compare naruto and bleach to fullmetal alchemist.

And cmon , soul eater's ending sucked to the core . Mindless mind *uck in the last episode .

I wasn't trying to compare Naruto and Bleach to the first FMA, just what they both have in common which was FILLERS.

FMA is a great series, I just have a problem with the first FMA.

Just like Hellsing is another great series, and just like FMA, the first Hellsing was not made to follow the manga and nor did it do a very good job at the end.

Soul Eater is a perfect example of a good manga getting an anime adaptation, and then having that anime end completely OUTSIDE the manga, and I guess it's not surprising that BONES was in charge of both the first FMA and Soul Eater.

If Soul Eater were remade 6 years from now, and they followed it to the end just like the manga, WITHOUT fillers, I would also be saying the same thing about Soul Eater that I'm saying about FMA.

Remakes (in anime) are made to RIGHT the WRONGS, and I applaud Bones for remaking FMA.
Jun 22, 2010 7:35 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, this was the best episode after the episodes with King Bradley Vs. everyone.
Jun 22, 2010 8:49 AM

Oct 2008
Great episode, great series, 2 more episodes to go and then it's over.

But seriously, this anime will be a classic for years to come.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.