Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2010 11:19 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 19, 2010 11:22 AM

Oct 2008
it was such a well-paced and emotional filled episode, that i actually cried ;^;

Hijikata talking to chizuru after gen-san passed away, yamazaki talking to chizuru before he passed. even though i was used to see/hearing it all in the game, i just didn’t think it'd hit me as hard as it did watching it in anime version..... but it was a fantastic episode! it portrayed every emotion that was possible and for that, i have to give it a 10/10!!

I’m looking forward to the second season!!! may it be as fantastic as the first!!! ;^;
-GundamCrazy-Jun 19, 2010 11:28 AM

"scary thing is oni instinct''
Jun 19, 2010 12:01 PM

Oct 2008
This anime has ended on a high . And it is easily my favourite show of this season . .
Jun 19, 2010 1:21 PM

Dec 2007
:/ The ending was too sad and too many people died ;_;
Jun 19, 2010 3:18 PM

Jun 2010
hmm i liked the ending, it was a little sad though :(
Jun 19, 2010 3:21 PM

Oct 2009
I could be so harsh with it
overall 3/10 - the ending was very bad. i could change my mind little bit if there a second season
i like Chizuru and i'll never deny it
Jun 19, 2010 3:37 PM

Jun 2009
;^; was pretty sad but looking forward for the 2nd season.

Jun 19, 2010 4:04 PM

May 2010
I have no idea what to say. For people who don't know what happens in the game, this was a horrible place to stop it. It would leave people wondering,"What the hell is going on?!"

As for me...meh. It could have been better if they (meaning Studio DEEN) actually bothered to PLAN THE FRIGGIN' STORY!!!!

My comments are in my blog. Check it out(though it's mostly me complaining about the small stuff)
Hakuouki...SEASON 2!!!!
holycrapohmygodhgfivyaiouyfistautiqwlacbaclis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ndsfhmsfckukatyfrv!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*nosebleeds*
hdyfvibuxgyfiogvbsiytivstoetyv*gurgle because blood from nose is above mouth*
*gurglegurglegurgle*
*drowns*
--
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOBadhmTPmg

Here in the US? Hell yes I'm buying it!
--
Jun 19, 2010 4:46 PM

Jun 2009
damn i cryed soo much when yamasaki died but it was a awesome anime too short for my tast but awesome
Jun 19, 2010 7:48 PM

Aug 2009
?!?!?!?!

Almost had a heart attack, but then I was quickly calmed down by the reassurance of a second season. Of course, there was no way they'd let it end like this...

Extremely tragic episode. Yamazaki-san, Inoue-san T_T

P.S. Hijikata-san in western outfit!??!?!?!!!!! +_+

Jun 20, 2010 8:04 AM

Jul 2007
silent_killer said:
This anime has ended on a high . And it is easily my favourite show of this season . .

Ololololol. Suuure.

Useless-Sue lead female ? CHECK.
Bishonen Guardians? CHECK.
Cardboard-Cutout side characterS(seriously did anyone ACTUALLY care for shinsegumi doodles?)? CHECK.
Overblown forced drama? CHECK
Overdramatic first season ender just so they can milk the stuff more and produce season2, instead of finally shooting the sick horse? CHECK~

Overall: I regret having sat through this.

2/5 for this episode, 1/5 for series.
Jun 20, 2010 11:41 AM

Oct 2008
^why do you have to attack me . . .
Yes , this is the best show of this season . Easily .
This is the only anime which actually had me waiting for the next episode all the time (compared to this season anime only) . .
It started well , and ended dramatically , keeping the audience guessing for what could happen in the next season . . So stop trolling Fai . .
Jun 20, 2010 12:12 PM

Jun 2010
I say in my own opinion, this anime was a amazing.
For those who thought the anime was boring because of it's slow-paced, are impatient.
Because I was patient enough, I was able to enjoy the anime.
The animation may not be the best, but the art is great.
The plot was suppose to be finding Chizuru's dad, but there were things interfering causing the viewer to stray from the plot.
Poor Chizuru. She's the protagonist, so many people thought she would kick butt or something. Because of that, many people find it annoying how she is the 'hero'.
Btw these are my opinion, and mine only.
Those who have a problem with me, or thinks something wrong with me, that is just them. There is nothing wrong with me, because I don't see anything wrong.
Don't post anything that will cause a bigger problem.
If you find this post hypocritical, then I apologize of the annoyance.
Jun 20, 2010 12:30 PM

Jul 2007
silent_killer said:

arguments?

silent_killer said:

This is the only anime which actually had me waiting for the next episode all the time

Arguments?
silent_killer said:

It started well

Sure, if you think of "lead female rushes to place, gets attacked, saved, repeat" as "well"

silent_killer said:
, and ended dramatically

Sure if forced drama and uninteresting characters dieing is "dramatic".

silent_killer said:
keeping the audience guessing for what could happen in the next season . .

Noooot really. That would have happened if the story was better and it was better directed.

As it stands now the only good thing in this anime was soundtrack.

silent_killer said:

So stop trolling Fai . .

Aww, sorry for disagreeing with your opinion on how GREAT this anime was :<
Jun 20, 2010 1:56 PM

Jun 2010
Fai, This is Silent killers opinions. If you have problems, well fine, but please, don't do something that will make people do nothing but read what's going on between you two.
Jun 21, 2010 2:13 AM

Jul 2007
HikariSakura321 said:
This is Silent killers opinions

And opinions are there to be confronted with different opinions and arguments.
Jun 21, 2010 4:48 AM

Oct 2008
HikariSakura321 said:
Fai, This is Silent killers opinions. If you have problems, well fine, but please, don't do something that will make people do nothing but read what's going on between you two.

there's no point in talkin to the fag . Please don't get yourself involved :) thanks for the support though :)
Jun 21, 2010 9:26 AM

Jun 2010
And none of them are facts. So stop talking like as if you know everything.

Ok silentkiller This will be our last reply to this douchebag.
Jun 21, 2010 11:24 PM

Apr 2009
Horrible show overall. Episode 11 had some elements that merited watching the 2nd season, but this episode went off into a tangent. Slap together some stop frame animated fight scenes and some forced LOLdrama, mix in some Bishounen, call them the Shinsengumi, and you have Hakuouki. Probably the main fault with Hakuouki is the lack of emotion. Whenever a character attempted to emote, it felt either trivial or mundane. It's funny though, because this show could easily have been 3 or 4 episodes with the amount of actual content it had. A horrible show gets a horrible rating, yet a very generous 2/10. If this was easily one of the best shows of the season for you, watch more anime.
Jun 22, 2010 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
^ahahahah.sadly for u , i think u are the one who needs to pick more shows from THIS SEASON..well , from a guy who likes POOP like ANGEL BEATS , i wouldnt expect anything other than a rant for this show..

lafuria_suxJun 22, 2010 12:11 AM
Jun 22, 2010 12:47 AM

Apr 2009
silent_killer said:
^ahahahah.sadly for u , i think u are the one who needs to pick more shows from THIS SEASON..well , from a guy who likes POOP like ANGEL BEATS , i wouldnt expect anything other than a rant for this show..
You've failed (miserably) to point out what exactly is good about Hakuouki, granted there really isn't anything in the first place, but still, you have a rather unjustified love of a terrible show. The only thing that was accomplished in the end was that DEEN showed that they can do art that isn't complete shit. How much I like other shows from this season is irrelevant, the point is that Hakuouki is a horrible show regardless of that. I think I've at least given most shows this season a chance. Every single one was better than Hakuouki, except for Heroman. Also ~> LOL ur mad! =)
Jun 22, 2010 2:31 AM

Oct 2008
When i say its the best show this season , i clearly stick to my feeling , that it is . But i tell ya , it also shows the quality of the shows , which started airing this season .
Hakuouki is a good show , and i don't wanna say its good points now (i must have have highlighted the good points in other ep discussions) , and i say it again , its a GOOD show . Nothin great though . There was potential for more , which wasn't tapped . .
For example , if hakuouki started airing in 2k8 or 2k9 , it most certainly wouldn't have felt that good to me . . Thats my point .
Jun 22, 2010 10:02 AM

Apr 2010
I don't think it's possible for guys or serious anime viewers to really like shows like this... Too many plot holes and erratic behaviors.

It's pointless asking fangirls what's good about a show when they're watching it for bidanshi and melodrama.
Jun 22, 2010 6:12 PM

Jul 2009
today i just watched the raw nd omg i wuz so sad how alot of them have to die
Jun 22, 2010 10:21 PM
Jun 2010
God. Can't you people stop complaining,no one forced u to watch it. Also, people have different tastes, not like ur taste is so GREAT either.
Jun 24, 2010 7:41 AM

Mar 2009
Don't like this anime overall, but to each his own.
Jun 24, 2010 7:55 PM

Aug 2009
ReaperEXE said:
silent_killer said:
You've failed (miserably) to point out what exactly is good about Hakuouki, granted there really isn't anything in the first place, but still, you have a rather unjustified love of a terrible show. The only thing that was accomplished in the end was that DEEN showed that they can do art that isn't complete shit. How much I like other shows from this season is irrelevant, the point is that Hakuouki is a horrible show regardless of that. I think I've at least given most shows this season a chance. Every single one was better than Hakuouki, except for Heroman. Also ~> LOL ur mad! =)

Well, I only watch because the bishies are hot and there are several slashable situations (Hijikata x Saito 4ever).
I have no complains. I think is the anime with most pretty bishies that I ever watched - and in quantity. I'm a happy camper.
The story doesn't matter, I knew it will be a fiasco, is an otome game.
Jun 25, 2010 1:38 AM

Jul 2009
It doesn't matter to me what everybody thinks but for me this anime was one of the best animes I have seen....... not only for the bishies buti actually like the story and I'm going for the hijikataxChizuru pair and for didn't you see the preview for the 2nd season????...And of course their new uniforms like Hijikata cuts his hair and he'll be more sexy like that......:))) yare....yare.... But I really hope they'll make the 2nd season's story better ....
Jun 25, 2010 2:08 AM

Aug 2008
Decent end to the first season... I'm tossing up between a 5 or a 6, but learning towards a low 6 atm...
Jun 25, 2010 3:20 AM

May 2008
Nothing extraordinary, I felt like all the drama was forced and Chizuru being so annoying that I can not give this more than a 6/10.
Also what was that "We'll finish this fight later" again? Kazama said the same thing over and over again in the series.~
Well, we'll see how the second series will progress.
Jun 25, 2010 4:29 AM

Dec 2007
The only thing good about this series was the ending song.
Jun 25, 2010 5:04 AM

Jul 2007
Basically, all that Chizuru was doing in the final episode was cry, be rescued, cry, be rescued, cry out fallen comrades names and cry some more. I hope she will be less useless next season... And I hope the series will pick up the pace and the action so it won't feel like 2 hours when watching one episode. It shouldn't feel like torture to watch pretty shinsengumi...
Jun 25, 2010 5:13 AM

Dec 2009
Meh , this show had a great start and I really managed to like Chizuru till this episode ... The anime would be so great if they would've let Chizuru go all badass , she's an oni , she should have lots of abilities ! Also, the drama really went downhill this episode with Chizuru screaming their names all the time . 6/10 overall , I hope the second season will repair some of the mistakes and bring back the awesomeness of the shinsengumi ( which , btw , should have done more damage tot heir enemies considering the numbers and the odds...)...
Jun 25, 2010 5:49 AM

Jan 2008
The shot of Hijikata in a Western uniform during the 2nd season preview was simply delicious! =D

I want more Kazama too!
Jun 25, 2010 5:56 AM

Jan 2010
This series didn't annoy me or make me hate it, but it didn't exactly woo me either.
I'll be nice and hand out a 7.

----
On second thought; no.
A 6 will only let me rest =/
SucroseJun 25, 2010 6:45 AM
Jun 25, 2010 6:09 AM

Dec 2007
Ugh, I should have learned that bishies and Deen isn't a good combo by watching 07-Ghost. This was quite possibly, even worsely paced, more emotionless, empty and with horrible characters. 3/10
Jun 25, 2010 6:10 AM

May 2008
Asuki said:
The shot of Hijikata in a Western uniform during the 2nd season preview was simply delicious! =D

This is the only reason I'll watch the 2nd season~
Jun 25, 2010 6:27 AM

Jun 2010
superb episode . though i diden't cry , (i'm kinda emotionless sometimes...) but i do feel very sad when gen-san passed away . i mean, from my point of view, he was like a father in the shinsengumi, and th rest are the child,(dont ask me whoose the mother . O_O)but now he's gone, it's like children losing its father, and it is terriably painful in the heart . i'm sure it left a deep scar on everyone's heart , especially toshizo...
R.I.P, gen-sen ...

but aww , 2nd season in autumn ... can't wait . but when's autumn ? 00l'l
my country dosen't have 4 seasons ...

ahh ! toshizo in western clothings ! can't wait ! and will there be love stories ? i hope it goes well b/w toshi & chizuru ! XD
Jun 25, 2010 7:57 AM

Aug 2009
sayami said:
Asuki said:

LOL It's reason enough for me too. I always thought he was HOT in that uniform since I found his pics in the internet a year ago (I have a HUGE collection with all pretty bishies from the game).
I'll watch season 2 because hot bishies are hot bishies.
Remember: it's an otome game, don't expect much from the plot.
Probably will be as poor and badly done as season 01 maybe with the difference that we will probably have romance (cuz is an otome game, Chizuru can't end without a partner). My bet is on Hijikata.
Jun 25, 2010 8:11 AM

Feb 2009
good episode :) Made me cry XD, No More Yamazaki-san And Inoue-san :(((((.

anyway I really liked this anime, I liked the characters, Music, Animation was pretty good, Still A lot of stuff I want to know about, lIke Chizuru's Brother, But theres going to be a 2nd season and hopefully there will be more fighting and Chizuru will be more useful, I still like her though. I give the show 8/10 :D
Jun 25, 2010 9:32 AM
Aug 2008
sayami said:
Asuki said:

+1

Well glad to know there's going to be a 2nd season. Ugh but from the previous episode's preview, I knew I shouldn't have expected Chizuru to fight :< BUT I got my hopes up LOL.Ahh should've known XD Well hopefully there will be more focus put onto the plot and Chizuru actually doing something on her own in the next one without any sort of "rescue" -.-;; And Gen-san will be missed ;< along with Yamazaki.
Jun 25, 2010 9:57 AM

Dec 2009
... This gives new meaning to "demon vice-captain"....

Even though the episodes were jumping like mad through time, it didn't seem like much happened with character development.... I wonder if the story is too constrained by trying to be in synch with historical battles and whatnot.... It makes me wonder if things will go anywhere in season 2.
Jun 25, 2010 10:34 AM

May 2010
I am not sure if I should watch season 2.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 25, 2010 11:21 AM

Aug 2007
I was hoping that Chizuru would actually fight in this episode, thinking that this was the last episode, but I didn't get any fighting from her, just her pulling out the sword. Overall I think that this series was good, not bad, but also could have been better.

7/10
Jun 25, 2010 11:22 AM

Jul 2008
The series got better as it went imo. 7/10. I hope the second season is better though.
Jun 25, 2010 12:19 PM

Mar 2009
meh

4/10
Jun 25, 2010 1:21 PM

Mar 2009
I rated it 6/10 i think on my list...but honestly, I feel it should be 5/10

the only redeeming qualities of this show were its art, the oni characters, and of course, the men. I'm not going to lie, I'm a sucker for harem and good art. but I feel like these are not enough to make up for the predictable storyline and ANNOYING chizuru.
my rant continues...

silent_killer said:

i wonder how anyone could possibly think this ?
I know that its YOUR opinion, and I have no right to say otherwise- but this is such a completely and utterly stupid statement, that I couldn't resist.
sorry killer, I have nothing against you personally, but i do have something against your tastes.
FMA: brotherhood and durarara beats hakuouki by a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG shot.
Ouran12Jun 25, 2010 1:44 PM
Jun 25, 2010 2:04 PM

Dec 2007
To all the people that rated Hakuouki low:

Look what you did. You made Chizuru cry. Have you guys no shame?
Jun 25, 2010 3:10 PM

Oct 2009
up until now, i didn't really mind chizuru. but this episode? fuck, i wanted to punch her face in x100. this series really drew me in at the beginning and some of the other episodes had potential but getting nearer to the end just went downhill for me. this ED was actually nice and this ep sure was sad but i don't know whether if i want to watch season 2 now that Yamazaki's gone, he was my favourite ;A;

but yeah, i'd give this series a 6 or a 7.
Jun 25, 2010 3:19 PM

Aug 2009
Enjoyed this episode. Not as good as some of the earlier ones though. There is a lot to look foward to in the second season. IE: short hair and western uniforms, kufufu.
Sad to see Yamazaki go, I liked him >__<
If only Hakuouki was historically accurate, =p
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - May 1, 2010

67 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Plate - Apr 3, 2010

201 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 9, 1:30 AM

» * SPOIL * Am I the only one who want Chizuru dead ????

Ibuki-Ryunosuke - Sep 29, 2014

18 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Jan 4, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Order of watching Hakuoki?

WinnDixieX3 - Sep 21, 2014

9 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 29, 2010

68 by Josie5 »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.