Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2007 12:11 AM

Jun 2007
Galatea said:
oooh, Mikami is such an handsome guy in my opinion, but he made those awful facial expression during the last episode -_- I'd slapped him to death

Really? Well actually, I agree with you. It's just that last episode that disgusted me to death when he just went ultimately... insane.

-Seigi-
Jul 27, 2007 12:14 AM

Jun 2007
Aishiteruze said:
Galatea said:
oooh, Mikami is such an handsome guy in my opinion, but he made those awful facial expression during the last episode -_- I'd slapped him to death

Really? Well actually, I agree with you. It's just that last episode that disgusted me to death when he just went ultimately... insane.

well, at least he had the will to think how to let Light escape (stabbing himself with the pen - I wonder, does that pen hit a main arteria, to let all that blood come out? lol)

Aug 2, 2007 10:14 PM

May 2007
In my opinion, Light *should* have won. His plan would have worked perfectly if Mikami didn't have that one little slip up - which was totally not Light's fault. It's like they forced in that little mistake just so Light would end up dying.

And yeah, I totally agree with replicating the notebook in a night. Totally not possible and Mikami should have noticed, knowing how dedicated he was to Kira's cause.
Aug 3, 2007 12:45 AM

Mar 2007
It all seemed so anti-climactic. I was beyond disappointed. Whether Kira won or lost made no difference to me but come the hell on. He was a mastermind and they had it go down like it did? Most disappointing ending to ANYTHING I have ever watched, read, or listened too. Which is extremely sad to me because I LOVED this series up until this weak last arc. But oh well.
Sep 3, 2007 8:02 AM
Aug 2007
Just finished this series today and I really hated the ending actually i hated everything after episode 25 but still the way they killed off Light was just all wrong. Its like he turned into a retard. They made him so dumb I dont get it. But seriously how the hell he not kill Near. Its so simple, knowing the Death Note is fake Light should of had that Miki guy torn out a page of the Death Note and use that and kill Near. Its so simple. L shoulda won the first arc if the ending was gonna be this stupid. To beat L but to lose to a little kid? Whatever.I dont care how they ended it off but Near shoulda died too no matter what. And Misa... I just dont get why she would kill herself. It didnt look like they had sex, plus she lost most of her memory so it doesnt make sense to suicide.

My ending woulda been like this...
"Near you are completely inferior to L" Light then opens his watch after Miki guy yells out Nears real name and write down Nears name and kills him. And then Matsuda be like omfg Light is Kira and shoots him. The end.

Even tho thats retarded its still better then there ending. Whatever I'm just pissed off at the ending.
Sep 11, 2007 2:39 PM

Aug 2007
Lol. I still can't believe that Light lost to Near... grrr. Oh well.

And am I the only one that likes Misa? @ sirvz, Misa was seriously obsessed with Light, so its understandable that she would commit suicide after Light dies. lol- Light'll be stuck in Nothingness with Misa for all of eternity. ^_^

At least Ryuuks still around being bored.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Sep 11, 2007 9:51 PM

Jan 2007
WinterNightsFall said:
And am I the only one that likes Misa?

Yes.
Sep 24, 2007 6:37 AM
Sep 2007
Well, people... You are stupid.
It was not Near that won, it was Near and Mello together. Alone, Near would be a challenge, but Light would have gotten him, the same way as he did with L. It was absolutely as Near said, Light surpass both Near and Mello, but them standing together would be really tough..though I do believe that Light would have won if Mikami hadn't screwed up...

I absolutely love the ending, though I knew that Light would probably loose. But it was how it was done. Watching Light freaking out, going crazy, to me that just meant that he too is just a person, after all. What horrible pressure it must be, living like that.
Mikami too, it was not fun at all when he killed himself, being totally obsessed with Kira and seing his "God" die must have been devastating. But don't you see that he did it to save Kira? I mean.. He got all the attention, so that Light had the opportunity to escape.
And when Ryuk seems to have some feelings himself, in the end, when he's writing Light's name in the Note. Though I have to read the rest of the manga too, seems like there's a slightly different ending there..?

What I don't understand though, is when Light sees himself walking past him in the end. It is himself, right? Some in here says it's L.. It being L would mean that L was really behind all of it. It being Light could mean as he just sees himself as the person he was before he got the note, which would absolutelt make sense.
Though Light is Kira, and has murdered lots of people, he does it for the purpose of good. But then it drives him quite mad at the end. But we see his feelings and.. I just think it's absolutely beautiful!!
Hahaha, the murderer has feelings..and so do I..I love him :P

Argh, I understand Misa and Takada so much... But then again, the fact that I love Light so much would probably result in me ending up dead :P

I think the entire plot comes to the fact that Kira is trying to use something evil to make good. Could that ever work? And it just leaves us wondering if the world's really hopeless...

Yagami Light <3
Sep 30, 2007 4:34 PM

Jul 2007
OMFG I JUST WIS?H I HAD A DEATHNOTE REALLY!!!! after seeing this anime even if there were 100 L out there i couldnt possible get caught :) I was tottally in Kiras side and i HATE HATE HATE HATE NEAR!!!! He pissed me from the 1st time i saw him really... i actually liked mello and i believe that if mello survived and near died te ending would be 2 times netter... i reall believe that light should have won that little brat and he would if he was alone... But mello gave up hes life to help that idiot... in the end the cooperated damn it.... I really believe that the world Kira would do would be better ( i dont have any accidents nor i was bullied in school or something i really believe that) and the fact that they ried to stop him so had made me constantly hate the producures cause deep insie i always knew that he would die in the end... Though i was really surpried when L died... Concludion:I HATE NEAR I HATE NEAR I HATE NEAR
Oct 2, 2007 1:39 AM

Aug 2007
Yes, I hate Near too. It pisses me off that Light lost to Near. >.<

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 9, 2007 11:50 PM

Sep 2007
Yagami should've won; he was able to beat L, who was much better than Near, in my opinion.

This just proves that the bad guy never wins. But MAN to pull that off for 6 years? No normal human could ever do that.

Oct 13, 2007 5:53 PM
Sep 2007
This post contains a MAJOR SPOILER.

I voted 3 of 5...it wasn't bad (and I kinda had this feeling that Light and Misa were gonna get killed off eventually) but it left me feeling a bit disapppointed. And I have no idea why! =[
Nov 29, 2007 1:04 PM
Oct 2007
y did light have to die. to be honest i really wanted light and misa to rule the world but i sorta knew that wasn't gonna happen from the start....

and at least ryuuk killed him in a nice way (not to sure how) as he could have made light feel the pain of torture for years and years

and y did misa kill herself i mean that was a bit to far...
Dec 2, 2007 4:55 PM

Apr 2007
I'm with the rest of the people who would have loved if the anime ended with the first season with light and misa ruling together.. THAT would be an original ending and all would (at least I :P) LOVE IT !! :D

Now we get just another typical ending... I guess same will happen to code geass as light and lelouch are long lost brothers and the thought of it ending the same way pisses me off so incredibly as they will ruin another godlike series... :(
Dec 5, 2007 8:53 PM

Oct 2007
darn... light shoulda won...

they should at least make ONE anime where the bad guy wins!!!
Dec 8, 2007 7:24 PM
Jun 2007
I just finished watching like an hour ago and I feel so "betrayed" and definitely very very depressed. I was always a supporter of Light, but I knew he would die...there just was simply no reasonable way I thought he would live.

But Light losing his composure and acting all cowardly really really pisses me of!!! That is where I began to hate it...I wish I never saw the last episode, because until then, it was unbelievably unpredictable and unexpectedly unique.

The first 36 episodes: 10/10
The last episode: 1/10

I my opinion, Light should have won when Mikami wrote down all their names, but should have somehow died due to his victory (maybe his natural lifespan was supposed to be until then or something else like Ryuk decides to kill him for no reason, or Aizawa had written his name in the death note as a precaution because he was a 100% sure, or anything else, any other reason would satisfy me)...that way everyone with the knowledge of the death notes would have died.

Light losing to Near (and allegedly Mellow too) was stupid, because he was able to defeat L (the greatest) and not defeat these copycats (especially Near, I don't know of anyone who likes Near).

I understand it is socially unacceptable to show the "bad guy" winning, but why does he always have to lose his composture. The way I see it, people like Light would never lose their dignity by acting in such a gutless and spineless way.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! The ending was horrible! They should have just had L kill off Light if he was going to lose with everyone else still alive (and Light should not have acted all retarded...that's what pisses me off most).

I wonder if anyone read all that...but I just want to get over this feeling of gloominess and despair, and so I ranted.
ansqeebDec 9, 2007 4:30 PM
Dec 11, 2007 5:51 AM
Dec 2007
I can only agree with you .. The anime was owning .. 10/10 .. the ending tho.. 1/10 .. too bad that it couldn't end in a good way.

キラ FTW !! he was the best
Dec 11, 2007 8:36 AM

Aug 2007
I think is really a bad ending, I dont like the way Mikami died. And I want to know what happend wirh Sochiko and Sayu
Dec 11, 2007 2:45 PM

Dec 2007
Topics like these just make you realise how starnge the public opinion is XD I mean most of the people choose "right, but evil" over "Naive, but good" XD well I agree with you.

And yes, I effin' HATE that gaki. I was a supporter for Kira, and then they come up with THAT? Maybe It would be easier to accept if it was L who won, But that brat just ticks me off. I mean through whole beginning there was logical train of thought, then at the end (from what i remember - i watched series about 2 months ago) comes Near and comes up with ideas without any reason. Like the thing with those 13-or-sumthin days without writing in diary. L was fooled, Light's father was fooled, everyone was fooled, but then comes Near and he just KNOWS that Light is guilty, and just tries to get evidence... And then at the last episode Kira looses because some moron decided to take his own course of actions. It's like... He's devoted to Kira for 30 days and does exactly what hes told, then on last day he says "no, I must help him" and screws up... No, I don't accept it -_-

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Dec 17, 2007 8:56 AM
Dec 2007
Can someone explain what the significance is of mello in their plan? I really don't get it, lol. Like I don't understand what happened exactly!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 27, 2007 1:45 PM
Dec 2007
shoot! It ended and I still don't know L's real name. Good show.
Jan 9, 2008 11:09 PM

Sep 2007
Needed more swimming lessons. Also, I liked the manga ending much better. More dramatic and you didn't feel bad for Light at all when he died. Also, it explained what happened to the other characters as well.
Feb 2, 2008 7:02 AM
Feb 2008
is you guys loved just the start of death note, dont go kill urself. theres heps more episodes to come this was just the start to introduce wat the death note is and how it affected lights life. i thought it was great 4 only comic book 1. if u can find it, it has been oput 4 some time in japan and they have just started making the anime. theres heps more to this 1st part but u have to w8 and c.
Feb 2, 2008 7:13 AM
Feb 2008
forget wat i said
Feb 5, 2008 11:40 PM
Apr 2007
Near sucks donkey *ick
Feb 9, 2008 5:46 AM

Dec 2007
the ending was too sad :(
i wish they would have made the series longer
Feb 25, 2008 7:51 PM

Feb 2008
I just got done, watched it in two days. But L, shit he was such an interesting character. I know many wanted Light to win, I just wanted the first L to finally get to Kira! Big L fan...by the way :D
obviously they had more time to add depth to him than Near. I was for sure thinking Light was going to get away in the end i'm glad he didn't after all he killed the real L, though I hate that the suppose successor's had to do it. Giovanni being able to copy and make a perfect death note in one single day yup thats duable...right. But it was decent ending i liked how light started to call out the names of people who always where by his side, now he expects help, yeah right thats a bit selfish. But i dont understand the way Mikami died? Almost forgot for some reason i really liked Rem she dies for Misa but Misa kills herself...why! Hopefully their will be a special wish to know what specific characters are up to.

But I can't really complain all 37 episodes got me anxiously waiting for the next unexpected move ;)

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven.
Feb 25, 2008 7:55 PM

Feb 2008
Aishiteruze said:
Galatea said:
Chelle said:
PandaPuff said:
Well guess what guys. There will be one more Death Note Episode! I forgot if it was a special or what not but keep your eyes open. It's said to be coming out sometime in August.

And like I said, it will show what happened with the remaining charaters. :)

Oh nice... lol... but do any of the remaining characters matter? =/ (j/k)
I want to know if Matsuda and Sayu really got some feeling...

ahh yes, i was considering the fact if he where to be a shinigami. I would just think he's bored and lonely idk maybe wants sweets, apples...hmmm

Same here!! In that episode when matsuda saw sayu he really was blushing, looks like he was interested..

A special huh? I wonder what'll be like..

Baman said:
Aishiteruze said:

That's a good thought actually, he probably will become a shinigami.. since people who are death note users go to "nothingness" instead of heaven or hell. Who knows?

That was the first thing I thought of scince Ryuk mentioned it in the first volume...
I kind of hoped to see Light waking up in the Shinigami realm, feeling slightly bored, and with two DeathNotes...That would make the ending so much more brilliant XD

I agree, that would have been so cool as an ending!

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven.
Apr 11, 2008 6:23 PM

Apr 2008
Hmmm Iono, still... er...
It was...
sort of expected, Good always wins...
And, I hated Kira LONG time ago when
he started playing with misa >:0
Thats why...
YEAH DIE >:O!!!
May 7, 2008 10:43 AM

Mar 2008
If L would win, I'd say "OK". But I really hate Near, because she's the copy of L. And she beated Light. Argh! Hate hate hate...
May 12, 2008 9:21 AM
Dec 2007
This episode is what I have longed for ever since Light killed the poor FBI agent's fiancee. I am happy about his death, and it was great to watch his defeat.
It's a pity L couldn't witness it anymore...
May 12, 2008 9:25 AM

Oct 2007
LonelyKokoro said:
This episode is what I have longed for ever since Light killed the poor FBI agent's fiancee. I am happy about his death, and it was great to watch his defeat.

wouldnt you have killed that fiancee if you where Light? i think yes because you have no other choice if you dont wanna go to jail

at least he died how he wanted ... not by human hands

Why do all see Light as the bad guy?
I see him as a martyr who died while trying to make a rotten world a better place! :/
JudgeRuthlessMay 12, 2008 9:29 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2008 5:21 PM

Mar 2008
Needed more swimming lessons.

YOU ARE NOT SOME CAT DROWNING IN A PUDDLE!

Uh, great ending. I almost cried. Light, you are the most magnificent of bastards. *wipes tear*
Jun 9, 2008 3:46 AM

Jan 2008
Misa kills herself? Where have you seen that? O_O
In manga she can be can after Light's death as the leader of followers of Kira.
I guess Rem said once that without Light she would lose reason to live but I've never had idea she commited suicide? You sure of it? Or just speculating?
Jun 10, 2008 1:46 AM

Nov 2007
to tell you the truth, i was disappointed when they

i hoped that the series will end there, i hated the ending, but it seemed fair enough. because the theme that i saw was: evil must end, and kira had no right to meddle in how things were..

so even though i wanna vote 1/5, i'll give it an OK
Jun 22, 2008 9:02 PM
Jun 2008
Meh... It's like a lot of anime - starts off really strong, and introduces some really incredible ideas, possibilities, characters and mystery. But it's always at a cost.

Imagine yourself as the writer. You have to wrap this thing up in a meaningful way??? Are you kidding me? How do you tie it all up MEANINGFULLY, and SATISFY everybody and everything.

Look at the TV show, Lost - it suffers from the same thing.

But 37 was ok. And yeah - narrative speaking Light must die. So at least they didn't cheap out.
Jun 23, 2008 7:49 AM
Jun 2008
Okay, Mello had to kidnap Takada because it was the only way for Mikami to take out the Death Note and use it. If Mikami hadn't tried to kill Takada with the Death Note and let Light handle the job, Giovanni wouldn't have been able to switch the Death Note with a fake. I dunno how they made the fake, but maybe with a quality computer copier?
Overally, the ending was really sweet. I liked Light's flashbacks. It made me think that Light was regretting what he did, but I also think he was deeply disappointed because he thought it was some sort of destiny that he picked it up. It was nice that Ryuuzaki came to see him even if Light did kill him. I don't think it was Ryuuzaki who won, it was actually L who won. All of the efforts of the original L and his sucessors made it possible. If Ryuuzaki hadn't uncovered the Death Note, if Mello hadn't made his sacrifice...if Near had given up... At first, I thought the producers were idiots for using the song Coda, but I later could tell it added feeling to it. Really sad. It made me bawl over the laptop. I've never cried that hard in my life! If you watch the first episode then skip immediately to episode 37, there's like this MAJOR contrast.
And it shouldn't have ended at episode 25 or 26. Then if Light won, then what would be the moral of the story? That sometimes the Death Note doesn't bring misfortune? Yeah, right. But I also HATE how Near gets to live. So the major players all die except Near? Damn him and his toys! I also absolutely hate how Misa, of all people get to show up. What's the point?
Overall, it was the best episode of all. Although I am absolutely DISGUSTED that Light dies (if he had to lose, why couldn't he live?). Very nice ending. It REALLY needs a sequel.
RIP, Light! We'll miss you!
Jul 4, 2008 8:12 PM

Jan 2008
Throughout the series you find yourself rooting for Light, but in the end, you know what he does is wrong and you know what his fate is bound to be. The series did get a little weaker after L had died, but the last episode pulled through. Light really was crazy and this episode really did prove. I liked how it ended though, it was appropriate and sends out the right message. Do you think Misa died though? I mean she was standing on the edge of a building and all. I expected her to spontaneously sing again because she was wearing the right outfit with all the makeup. It's nice to know L, Near and Mellow all played an important part to Light's capture, but the only thing that bothered me was that Near got to live. I mean, everyone else died! Anyway, this was a fantastic series for so many reasons, it gets a 10/10 from me!
Jul 5, 2008 9:45 PM

Jan 2008
Omg that was intense... seeing Light acting the way he did at the end was shocking but yet amazing and his laugh was just err... beautiful? i thought it was a really good ending that Kira lost, kind of went against what a lot of people thought and hoped for. Even though i accidentally discovered that Light looses and is killed by ryuk, it was still pretty extreme
Jul 6, 2008 10:21 AM

Dec 2007
Perallisk said:
LonelyKokoro said:

wouldnt you have killed that fiancee if you where Light? i think yes because you have no other choice if you dont wanna go to jail

at least he died how he wanted ... not by human hands

Why do all see Light as the bad guy?
I see him as a martyr who died while trying to make a rotten world a better place! :/

Then why would he kill innocent FBI agents who had done nothing wrong, they were just doing their job. Or taking advantage of Takeda and killing her when he had no more use for her? Or calling his own father a fool for dying while doing what he believed in?

Light was evil and I became giddy when Ryuk took his life. I was worried Ryuk wouldn't show up but he thankfully did and played a major part in the end. The way Light was caught seemed awfully easy but his death is certainly one of the most memorable anime deaths I've seen. I knew Light died ahead of time, but it was handled in a way that fitted the series perfectly.

And I knew L would find a way into the final episode! Yes! Overall, great series in the end. Final score for the series: 9 out of 10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2008 4:53 PM

Feb 2008
I think it was amazing that the dub's version of light's laugh was even creepier than the sub's.
Jul 8, 2008 9:27 AM

May 2008
Light's laugh = LOL

"Why do women have butts on their chests?" Son Goku
Jul 9, 2008 2:06 PM
Jun 2008
I just finished watching Death Note, and it ended on a rather soft note, but it did go out with a bang!
Jul 12, 2008 7:45 AM

Jun 2008
The only person i really liked in this anime was Misa! To sad that after they showed the scene with the parrot she was already dead...something like a doll....
The first OP was way better, even though the concept art form the seocnd was good at some times.
I still wanted L to win, because maybe like that Misa could have gotten livelier... but afte the call which confirmed that the date wouldnt change was made it was already obvious that L had lost... but whyyyyy
In the end misa is left alone like a doll in the train.. and commits suicide...
Kirameite, yurameite, aoki yumi, maihanatsu, hana mo-e yu-kuuu!!!
Jul 22, 2008 10:30 PM

Nov 2007
I would have liked it better if Light had stayed alive and Near died.
Jul 23, 2008 6:57 PM

Jul 2008
it was ok. i wish there had been a more complicated plan at the end to finish off the series. i also wish that Light would have one.

Jul 24, 2008 8:54 PM
Jul 2008
I liked it!! But it was kind of a sad ending!
I kinda feel sorry for Light (even though he was evil, he though it was the right thing!) I also feel sorry for Matsuda though. Because he trusted Light, and so during the ending he kinda went crazy!

Jul 24, 2008 9:04 PM

Jun 2008
I'm not a fan of this episode. The show was effin' awesome until L died, and for a while after it was fun watching the aftermath, but Near just pissed me off and he didn't deserve to win.
"All I want in life is someone to put one of my quotes under their sig" -Perposterone
Jul 28, 2008 1:00 PM
Mar 2008
Crappy ending, really crappy. The last two episodes Kira wasn't really Raito. Normally he would tell Misaki (or however the other guy that thought Kira was god was called) to take a fake note and write everyone's name EXCEPT Near's, to make him look like the culprit.
Aug 3, 2008 2:08 PM
Feb 2008
CCZilla said:

The way Light was caught seemed awfully easy but his death is certainly one of the most memorable anime deaths I've seen. I knew Light died ahead of time, but it was handled in a way that fitted the series perfectly.

That was exactly what I was thinking! At first when Light got shot I felt this ... happy remorse. Like I got caught doing something bad, and I was happy about it almost. Matsuda is one of my favorites. He reminded me of a baby. So very innocent he was.

Okay I was happy at first. Then I watched him running down the caged fence ... I started crying. This is the guy that I was following for 37 weeks ... and he's dying.
Sure, he killed my favorite character of all time but ... still. :_:

I was expecting guns blazing in your face Action and music for the last episode. A blood curdling scream when Light dies. Nothing. ..

And it was absolutly brilliant.

DN brought up very twilighted feelings in me ... An awesome anime for anyone.

netoelgrande said:
The only person i really liked in this anime was Misa! To sad that after they showed the scene with the parrot she was already dead...something like a doll....

In the end misa is left alone like a doll in the train.. and commits suicide...
SHE DIES!!!!! O.O I DIDN'T SEE THAT!!!!! O_O I feel sad now. v_v

Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 8, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Luna - Dec 14, 2013

110 by misterskinny »»
Apr 6, 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.