MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Death Note Episode 37 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Death Note »» Death Note Episode 37 Discussion

Pages (24) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 37 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

492 49.20%
4 out of 5: Liked it

189 18.90%
3 out of 5: It was OK

118 11.80%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

75 7.50%
1 out of 5: Hated it

126 12.60%
Voters: 1000

06-27-07, 12:46 PM

Aishiteruze said:

I still don't understand how takada was killed by mikami? I thought for sure light killed her because we saw him writing her name in his hidden piece of the note?

She was not. Light was the one who killed her, Mikami had set the time of death a minute or so after Light...

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

06-27-07, 12:48 PM

Baman said:
Aishiteruze said:

I still don't understand how takada was killed by mikami? I thought for sure light killed her because we saw him writing her name in his hidden piece of the note?

She was not. Light was the one who killed her, Mikami had set the time of death a minute or so after Light...

Ahhhh, I see I see, I get it now..

-Seigi-

06-27-07, 1:30 PM

Baman said:
Aishiteruze said:

I thought one of the rules of the Death Note was that if two people wrote down the same person's name, they canceled each other out. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I could have sworn that was one of the rules from the commercial break segments.

06-27-07, 1:38 PM

Roketsu said:
Baman said:
Aishiteruze said:

I thought one of the rules of the Death Note was that if two people wrote down the same person's name, they canceled each other out. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I could have sworn that was one of the rules from the commercial break segments.
I think that was if it was written on the next page on the same note or something.

06-27-07, 1:52 PM

I became a huge fan of Kira/Light.. So.. Well.
I'm speechless.

I'm getting drunk right now.

Because I don't know what to do.

About Light laughing maniacally and acting crazy.. Well, that showed how pathetic he was in the end.. Yep, he tried to survive.. But he didn't manage.. If only he had planned it a bit bit better.. not underestimated Near.. God do I hate Near...... And do I like Light.

I'm not going to rate this episode because.. the whole series was awesome but now I'm really ..disappointed. I think.

Roketsu said:
Baman said:
Aishiteruze said:

Nope, I think they cancel each other only if they're written simultaneously (that is, in a 0.05 seconds margin). Otherwise, the first judgement written takes place.. I think.

06-27-07, 2:04 PM

Orb said:

Nope, I think they cancel each other only if they're written simultaneously (that is, in a 0.05 seconds margin). Otherwise, the first judgement written takes place.. I think.

That might be so...What's more, I cannot seem to recall all those commercial break rules being mentioned in the manga...anyone else who read the manga remember?
Might be wrong though...

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

06-27-07, 2:09 PM

Am I the only one on this site that liked Near??? O_o Well... I quite enjoyed the last episode... very dramatic... and Matsuda... T_T I feel more for him than any of the other characters, because, as someone said, he believed in Light until the very end... poor guy...

...and Misa... I wanted to see her jump... annoying little git... (sorry... I never liked her.)... oh well...

...I can't believe it's over... **sigh**

06-27-07, 2:19 PM

Chelle said:
Am I the only one on this site that liked Near??? O_o Well... I quite enjoyed the last episode... very dramatic... and Matsuda... T_T I feel more for him than any of the other characters, because, as someone said, he believed in Light until the very end... poor guy...

...and Misa... I wanted to see her jump... annoying little git... (sorry... I never liked her.)... oh well...

...I can't believe it's over... **sigh**

I have nothing against Near.. it's just no one will replace L.. *sigh*

Oh yeah, matsuda-chan, I felt so sorry for him.. he really did like light, and finding out that he's kira, and that he led his father to death, must be painful, I felt so sorry for him.

I'm with you on misa, she annoys me too. -_-

-Seigi-

06-27-07, 2:32 PM

Chelle said:
Am I the only one on this site that liked Near???

Yes. :P

And I was hoping Misa would jump, too. I would have given the series a 10/10 if they'd just thrown me that little bone...

06-27-07, 2:44 PM

Aishiteruze said:
I have nothing against Near..

Well, I do have something against him.

That was all because of him. That Light died. Only because of him. -_-

06-27-07, 2:44 PM

Kayrhandros said:
Ditto... after episode 36 I was expecting they made this one good. I already knew who's gonna win... I already knew Light was gonna die, that Misa was gonna die, that Mikami was gonna die... yay for you manga spoilers!

Eitherway, I didn't know how they'd reach that outcome... and yeah it was pretty lame... Not that it is the producers fault or anything... since they followed the manga I guess. But yeah, like Mefist said Light was made a fool in the end... and Mikami was even more idiotic.

I'll say it again...

Death Note should have ended in episode 26

Everything after that has been boring, unexceptinal and lacked brilliantism. I thought it could be saved after seeing ep 36... and I was wrong. It seems like Death Note changed writers after episode 26, honestly...

Shame on you, indeed!

Agreed. The episode was okay, I knew it was coming but... I still didn't want it to be. Light really should have won. I don't agree with how Light beat L the first time, but against Near, there was no reason he should have lost. The plot devices used seem very... amateur. I don't know. I rated this as "OK" but that's being very generous.

The ending was nice though... peaceful for Light. After all, while he had the note, I can't imagine him really having any form of peace.

06-27-07, 2:48 PM

Near is cool I don't know what you guys are talking about!

Anyway the ending for me was ok. Everything was going well til I saw Mikami stab himself (or whatever he did). After that I'm like WTF. When L appeared that made me feel better lol.

Everyone should really read volume 12 of the manga! The ending was much more effective there than the anime. I was dying to see Light beg for mercy to Ryuk about saving him but in the end just wrote his name and did his duty as the shinigami.

On the other hand I pretty much expected the anime to change the ending. I feel that there will be an OVA/Special/Extra about this though. Like the volume 13 of DN, it'll explain in more detail, reveal L's real name and the little aftermath of what happened after Light's death.

06-27-07, 2:50 PM

PandaPuff said:
Near is cool I don't know what you guys are talking about!

Anyway the ending for me was ok. Everything was going well til I saw Mikami stab himself (or whatever he did). After that I'm like WTF. When L appeared that made me feel better lol.

Everyone should really read volume 12 of the manga! The ending was much more effective there than the anime. I was dying to see Light beg for mercy to Ryuk about saving him but in the end just wrote his name and did his duty as the shinigami.

On the other hand I pretty much expected the anime to change the ending. I feel that there will be an OVA/Special/Extra about this though. Like the volume 13 of DN, it'll explain in more detail, reveal L's real name and the little aftermath of what happened after Light's death.

Agreed. I spoiled the ending for myself, and the way Light came to his demise sounded more... right in the manga. Although I knew that the whole "boredom" thing would come full circle in the end between Light and Ryuk. Still... it's over...

06-27-07, 7:34 PM

Aishiteruze said:
Also... Ryuk said that he told him that the person to write his name would be him..? He never said that! None of these episodes revealed that to me, or have I missed something?

Ryuk told him that while he was 'explaining' the contract between them. Don't remember which episode, but it was near the very beginning, so I'd say 2, maybe (?).

Anyway, during Light's whole 'breakdown' scene, I couldn't help but think, "this has got to be the worst sore loser I have *ever* seen" :D Especially when it was OBVIOUS that he was Kira and he was still crying, trying to deny it...my respect for him went down the tubes.

Well, I will probably rewatch the show when the DVDs are released....I also picked up the first 2 volumes of the manga today, so we'll see how that stacks up :)

Use your dick to do the trick!™

06-27-07, 8:20 PM

YES! IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/me burns Death Note off of disc, finally.

This series went downhill for me after L died...but I kept with it because I wanted to be able to say I finished it...

How can you guys say Light is awesome :<

06-27-07, 8:45 PM

I liked this episode, but I wish it didn't end like that. I wanted to see Light make the new world and be god of that world.

06-27-07, 10:43 PM

omg you ppl...

i found light's reaction (as most of your called 'going insane') was actually quite reasonable. he. just. could. not. believe. he. lost. can you believe that, after years and years being kira (not an easy job i'd say), he'd lose to a child? no wonder he was that way and trying to convince others he was not kira even when it was really obvious.

anyway.
the episode was strange. really sad, imho. i almost cried, lol. could not believe kira was defeated. i felt light's loneliness. how could they go against kira, the guy who killed all criminals? even N, deep inside, was happy someone was killing bad guys. every human on earth was. or course he'd have to make sacrifices (otou-san and whatever), but that were things for him, light alone, to decide/judge/handle (after all, they were people he knew). let's see now how the world will continue, "good guys", SPK, police and N. buncha pain in the asses.

if kira had won, death note would be like the best series ever. 'cause would prove, again, that light was meant to rule/last. but N won and that was expected.

death note was truly an amazing series and i think most of you agree with that. the kinda disappointing and sorta empty last episode, would certainly NOT take the 10 i gave to DN. kira is dead. like ryuuk said: it was good while it lasted (or something like that).
逃げちゃ駄目だ。

06-28-07, 12:57 AM

just marathoned the last four eps...overall: 9/10 lost interest somewhere in the latter part and found myself enjoying other series more...

what's with all the blood splurting out of Mikami? omg, thought i was watching the wrong anime!! and the only "winner"...well...is Ryuk... ^^
but that Light loses it at the end...knew that cause of the spoilers...his arrogance just got the better of him. the end was cool, and calm...gave Light back some of his dignity...and dying like that alone...*sad*

06-28-07, 1:30 AM

windy said:
How can you guys say Light is awesome :<

I don't.. I stopped liking light ever since he tricked rem into killing L. Damn him!

-Seigi-

06-28-07, 3:44 AM

I really loved it! a properly ending for a great anime.
I just felt really sad when Raito is closing his eyes and he sees the figure of L in front of him...

Pages (24) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices