Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2010 6:19 AM
Jul 2009
I'm looking for a crime/psychological/ action anime that deals with any kind of Secret Intelligence Service and police force.

_______NO_________________NO______________NO___________________________

ONLY CRIME RELATED ( National Security, FInancial chaoes, Serial killers, criminal organization, financial fraud, banking system, politics, counter-terrorism, etc...)

It must include the following:

1) Small headquarters (no Pentagon or FBI kind of headquarters) limited toa few selected ppl
2) Skylines, buildings, night action
3) Close circuit cameras
4) Big city feeling, urbanity,
5) City crime, action
6) Public transport disasters
7) Police force, swat teams
8) Nice effects and costumes
9) gore
10) Hacking
11) stealth action
12) detectives

i think u pretty much get the picture

thanks in advanced
WINTERFRONTJun 18, 2010 8:21 AM
Jun 18, 2010 6:46 AM

Jul 2009
Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed are anime about counter-terrorism, public security etc. with special forces but they are Sci-fi with AI, i cant really think of any modern and not futuristic recommendations, im kinda interested now
Jun 18, 2010 6:59 AM
Jul 2009
Yah, Ghost in The shell has a more cyberpunk feeling to it; not in the mood for something like that atm. I have all the OVAs in my hard drive though XD
Jun 18, 2010 7:55 AM

Mar 2010
Both animes have your demands but also have thing you dont like. Well just check it out maybe you will like it. Mnemosyne is kinda very gore like.

Black cat? this has some fatasy things in it tho.

Mnemosyne? Again some fantasy things. (damn my bad saw you already watched this one.)

The kind of anime your describing is not really popular. people like more spectacular things. So all the detective/secret orginisation thingy's have fantasy stuff.
designedJun 18, 2010 7:59 AM

Jun 18, 2010 8:02 AM

Jun 2010
Witch Hunter Robin
Ghost in the Shell
Red Garden
Ergo Proxy

They are all somewhat related to the topic..
Jun 18, 2010 8:18 AM
Jul 2009
^^^^ Witch Hunter Robin seems interesting, though not what I'm looking for, I'm willing to give it a try and as for the others,well, I guess my priority list can tell u what i was looking for.

Thanks anyways. :)
Jun 18, 2010 8:29 AM

Jun 2010
oh sorry wasn't really paying attention..
Ryoko's case file might be interesting for you. She's a heir to a multinational security company and works with the police. The description looks kind of lame for it's nice for a 13 episode series. The opening is interesting enough to make you watch the first episode.
Jun 18, 2010 8:36 AM
Jul 2009
Nice call bro

I'm going to check it out. :)
Jun 20, 2010 9:42 PM

Oct 2008
Golgo 13 - the main character is a jet setting, cold blooded, suave James Bond like assassin. Although he's technically a bad guy (kills people for money), there are some episodes that involve him working with federal agents. It can get fairly violent and bloody.
Jun 21, 2010 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
MONSTER
MONSTER
Jun 21, 2010 6:15 PM

Jul 2009
Witch Hunter Robin is like, about witches and sucks.

Red Garden is good, but not really that close to the topic since police play a minimal role.

Golgo 13 and Monster could be close (monster being even closer).

Otherwise, all I can think of are American TV shows, like The Wire or some 60s crime drama thing.

Uhh, Gunslinger Girl?