MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ookiku Furikabutte: Natsu no Taikai Hen »» Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
View Poll Results: Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

68 89.47%
4 out of 5: Liked it

6 7.89%
3 out of 5: It was OK

1 1.32%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 1.32%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 76

06-23-10, 11:11 AM

When they started to cry I found myself crying too T________T

I feel so amazed yet frustrated. This is why I love Oofuri ♥

06-23-10, 11:24 AM

Oh, what a great match. It didn't make me cry, though. Maybe it's because I'm a man? Or maybe it's just because they're first-years?
Anyways, the anime itself delivered even more than the first season. Now I'll just patiently wait for another season.

06-23-10, 11:28 AM

Great episode. I hope there'll be a third season too. The first DVD/BD is coming out tomorrow, so we'll be smarter by the next week. If the sales will be only as half as good as the first season's was, I think we can expect a sequel.

06-23-10, 11:54 AM

Got mine yesterday from CDJapan. Came with mini-posters of Mihashi and Abe with the voice actor sigs. The baseball cards were neat too.

06-23-10, 12:42 PM

Wow, I can't believe I started tearing up when they lost. This isn't your average baseball anime, it's actually pretty deep. xD

Now I want a 3rd season even more! Major got 6 seasons, hopefully Oofuri will as well. :P
tumblr | playfire
games > manga > anime

06-23-10, 2:54 PM

Such a sad yet inspirational episode. I'm glad Mihashi is finally discovering his self worth, that he doesn't always have to listen and obey the catcher's signs, he can make his own discissions when it comes to what pitches he makes.

06-23-10, 2:57 PM

Wow, the cheering for Nishihiro made it seem like more than they were just supporting him to hit. It made it feel like he could get a hit to tie with the way they were cheering.

I felt sad that they lost. They still do have a couple years left though.

Yay, Mihashi is growing more of a backbone there. He realized he has a responsibility as part of the battery too. Yay. I can't wait for more...sadly one more episode this season.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya

06-23-10, 3:51 PM

I also cried TT___TT I felt my stomach ache when Nishihiro fell to the ground and started crying~ I wanted to hug him and tell him what an amazing guy his is to be able to go there and do his best in that situation even though it was his first time ever to step in to the batters box! >3<

06-23-10, 4:39 PM

The emotional impact was just too huge in this episode and the direction was truly unbelievably good as usual. The music pieces outlined the action like they were part of the animation too and the character development is simply top notch. Probably one of the best, if not the best episode of the year.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

06-23-10, 5:21 PM

Nishihiro's at-bat was amazing- the music, the animation, the increase in volume- easily one of the best highlights for me in the season so far! I'm really disappointed that the next one is the last; they better make a third season!

06-23-10, 6:30 PM

I didn't cry but it was an intense, emotional episode. Nishihiro's at-bat scene gave me goosebumps. I really hope they make a third season.

06-23-10, 7:20 PM

loved the episode. now i want to pick up the manga, could anyone tell me roughly what volume this episode or season is so I know where i could potentially pick up. ty in advance.

C.C.'s Buttocks ______________ -24/7-

щ(゚Д゚щ)

06-23-10, 7:22 PM

Why am I so happy even though they lost? Mihashi. He matured a lot in this episode and displayed a tremendous amount of toughness when he could've easily unraveled. He gets it now. He really gets it. I'd love to get a third season, so we can see the battery continue to grow. That final run they scored was thrilling and that sequence was beautifully animated. Nishihiro's at bat was interesting. As much as he tried to remind himself of what he needed to do, his body language was oozing fear and nervousness. It was a little difficult to watch.

06-23-10, 7:46 PM

I am still in a state of awe after watching this episode. Just wow.

I can't believe how strongly the emotions of the whole team got through to me here; I guess that shows some spectacular storytelling!! Although it was sad seeing the team lose, I'm glad that the anime is being realistic- as a team of first years they had to lose at some point! And seeing the way the team came together at the end of the episode and deal with their loss made me really feel for them.

As for Mihashi, I could not have been happier seeing him this episode, how much he has grown! I couldn't help but feel so proud of him!!! And the fact that Abe knows their battery relationship needs to change too I think is great... I am very excited to see their talk next episode!
And poor Nishihiro... I could feel his nervousness oozing out of my computer monitor. But he really did try, can't ask for more than that! Talk about a lot of pressure on him.

Just an absolutely amazing episode! It's been quite some time since an anime has impacted me so much. Just a marvelous job!

06-23-10, 8:30 PM

Speechless. Best sports anime I've seen. Bumped up to a 10.

06-23-10, 8:37 PM

I put a 4/5 just because the episode broke my heart into a million pieces.

I'm usually the type who literally tears up/cries/sobs when something sad/emotional happens in an anime. But I think this episode puts the word "tragic" on a whole new level. I was so heartbroken to the point that I was unable to cry it out. It was so sad.

That being said. The fact that they were able to convey so much in this one episode is brilliant. I also loved the new music that was put in there. My favourite moment is when Mihashi realizes that it's okay for him to shake off signs and truly take on that role of the ace. I also liked Nishihiro's at bat too. So much tension and emotions, it's crazy.

Some one please tell me that there's going to be a third season. PLEASE ;___;
Modified by robbydesu, 06-23-10, 8:40 PM

06-24-10, 12:47 AM

O_O I never thought I'd cry over a baseball anime but this one did it. My god I'm bumping this up to a 10 as well even though it is shorter I think it surpasses the first season. I felt so bad for Nishihiro and loved the character developments of Mihashi and when the music kicked in near the end of the game I just lost it.

I agree with Jacut best anime episode so far this year heck best anime episode i've seen in a long time. I want Third season VERY MUCH. Or at least have the manga get better scanlators...

06-24-10, 1:23 AM

Holy crap that was intense... The background music at the end was so epic.

06-24-10, 1:40 AM

Great strides all around. Oofuri, Brotherhood and Rainbow surely left the anime fanbase with awe. Banzai Anime!

Season 3 is a must!

Thats all i wanted to say!

06-24-10, 1:44 AM

Wow, sport title can be so brilliance.

Already decide the score for this season

9/10

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices