Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2010 3:36 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it was the end of the game and we see the result at last.

I would never have thought a baseball Anime could make me cry this much..
Mihashi has grown as a person so much through this game.
The animation was stunning - the way camera followed the ball around was really incredible.
Jun 17, 2010 5:52 PM
Aug 2008
I agree with you nami_k, I cried like if I was watching some drama anime >_>

In fact, they had to lose on day or another at least to be keep the story realistic : the team is new, they're only 1rst year...
I did not really care about that, I just didn't want them to lose against *that* team with this despitful Roka guy.
I pissed me off since the very beginning.

Like you said, the animation was great, the music conveyed the suspense and the action until the end...

Really, they have so much to learn, so many ways to make them grow as a team... too bad this is nearly over.

GREAT episode !
Jun 17, 2010 7:53 PM

Apr 2008
Nooooo! T.T I'd understand what Nishihiro had to go through, he must really feel overwhelmed by everyone... At least he tried. I'll expect the Niishura team to become a better team next year! It makes you wonder how Coach Momo's feeling... =\
皆、本当に頑張った! =]

Looks like in the next episode we'll be seeing a lot for of the Abe Household. And we get to see Abe's lil bro finally!!!! xD
Jun 18, 2010 6:32 AM

Oct 2008
Most awesome episode in both seasons so far, in my opinion.
The animation was brilliant and they even used some new songs from the soundtrack.
Even though it's sad that they lost, it's still one of the better aspects of this show which makes it realistic and touching and it helped Mihash realize that he should think by himself(that's very important!).
I think this season is somehow much better than the first, though, of course, I loved the first one as well;)
Jun 18, 2010 6:43 AM
Jun 2010
this episode makes me cry...I can feel their emotions even though it's an anime...T_T
Jun 18, 2010 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
OMG! I knew they will lose but why do I still so sad for them?
I feel bad for nishihiro! he got so much pressure and ... T^T
Jun 18, 2010 3:20 PM
Aug 2008
There is still something I don't understand in how they played against Bijo

Why did Abe/Momokan took so much time to realize their pitch callings/batting skills had been studied by their opponent ?
I mean 1) of course you can't stay a "no data team" until the end of a tournament and 2) they should have expected a team like Bijo to be cautious enough to have their own plan and strategy to win.

ArckilianJun 18, 2010 4:24 PM
Jun 19, 2010 12:53 PM

Nov 2007
A masterful episode. Hold on tight if you haven't seen it yet, because this episode was breathtakingly brilliant. Best Oofuri episode I gotta say!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 19, 2010 12:55 PM

Jul 2007
I cried. TwT 'nuff said.
- blog
DeviantArt | Domain | Ryuu-Rogue fansubs - Digimon + Inazuma Eleven
Jun 20, 2010 8:30 AM
Dec 2008
Translator was traveling again this weekend. Look for a Wednesday morning release. You can save more tears that way.
Jun 20, 2010 9:49 AM

Nov 2007
Heibi said:
Translator was traveling again this weekend. Look for a Wednesday morning release. You can save more tears that way.

thanks for the info. ^_^
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2010 4:47 PM
Mar 2009
so no 3rd season? or...?
Devil in the details
Jun 21, 2010 6:34 PM

Feb 2009
Haha this episode made a lot of people emotional, even me. I wasn't expecting to be teary from a baseball anime! But yeah at the end I really felt the emotion of them losing and trying so hard. I hope they still continue this anime after this season! But yeah the animation was stellar in this episode, really caught the action. Loved it.

Jun 21, 2010 8:58 PM
Jun 2010
this episode was awesome. animation and music used was so suspenseful. i actually thought they might just make it thru but yea reality kicked them in the ass. but i gez thats ok since this is oofuri and reality is its best part. hoping for season 3. oofuri is the best sports anime evar!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 23, 2010 9:20 AM

Jul 2009
Has anyone read the manga? Is this the end or it will continue with other tournaments( I know that it's another episode but still, it could end)?

And I just loved the ending of the match. It's sad but realistic, not like a cheap American movie where the weakest player scores a homerun in the last moment, saving the team.

Jun 23, 2010 10:15 AM

Jul 2008
I'm speechless atm. I guess this was the best episode so far at this season. It was full of emotion and development.

nami_k said:
Mihashi has grown as a person so much through this game.
The animation was stunning - the way camera followed the ball around was really incredible.

I agree with every words on it.
Jun 23, 2010 10:26 AM

Apr 2010
This was quite possibly my favorite episode yet. Absolutely wonderful in every way. I was expecting the loss, but not expecting that I would cry with them. =)
Jun 23, 2010 10:35 AM
Jun 2009
First I was like daamn, we are near the end the anime, i couldn't stand it.

Then I got pumped up, it was like Mihashi's entousiasm got through my PC to deliver his feelings, just fantastic.

No matter how impossible the victory was, i believed on the victory until the very end.

Then I didn't realize, what happened.

Finally Mihashi starts to cries and so do I, like a freakin crybaby, this is just how intense the episode was, no need from things like EPIC, it wouldn't be sufficent, just watch it, the decade has just begun and see how fantastic anime we can see so fast.

How the hell we can say dans old times were better when you see that?

Anime is not dead folks, you need a proof, there it is.
Jun 23, 2010 11:10 AM
Nov 2008
Brilliant ep, everything was gr8 about it. Except the fact that it signals the end of S2.
nami_k said:

Cross Game made me cry like a baby multiple times:D Oofuri just makes my eyes water a bit. (The magnitude of the events in the 2 shows are very different though.)
Jio-Freed said:
Has anyone read the manga? Is this the end or it will continue with other tournaments( I know that it's another episode but still, it could end)?

There's much, much more but it isnt scanlated yet. So, no this isn't the end of the story, they still have 4 Koshiens till graduation, lots of matches, lots of potential for a S3 if sales go well.
MalestelJun 23, 2010 11:18 AM
Jun 23, 2010 11:11 AM

Mar 2008
When they started to cry I found myself crying too T________T

I feel so amazed yet frustrated. This is why I love Oofuri ♥
Jun 23, 2010 11:24 AM

Jul 2009
Oh, what a great match. It didn't make me cry, though. Maybe it's because I'm a man? Or maybe it's just because they're first-years?
Anyways, the anime itself delivered even more than the first season. Now I'll just patiently wait for another season.
Jun 23, 2010 11:28 AM

May 2009
Great episode. I hope there'll be a third season too. The first DVD/BD is coming out tomorrow, so we'll be smarter by the next week. If the sales will be only as half as good as the first season's was, I think we can expect a sequel.
Jun 23, 2010 11:54 AM
Dec 2008
Got mine yesterday from CDJapan. Came with mini-posters of Mihashi and Abe with the voice actor sigs. The baseball cards were neat too.
Jun 23, 2010 12:42 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, I can't believe I started tearing up when they lost. This isn't your average baseball anime, it's actually pretty deep. xD

Now I want a 3rd season even more! Major got 6 seasons, hopefully Oofuri will as well. :P
Jun 23, 2010 2:54 PM

Oct 2008
Such a sad yet inspirational episode. I'm glad Mihashi is finally discovering his self worth, that he doesn't always have to listen and obey the catcher's signs, he can make his own discissions when it comes to what pitches he makes.
Jun 23, 2010 2:57 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, the cheering for Nishihiro made it seem like more than they were just supporting him to hit. It made it feel like he could get a hit to tie with the way they were cheering.

I felt sad that they lost. They still do have a couple years left though.

Yay, Mihashi is growing more of a backbone there. He realized he has a responsibility as part of the battery too. Yay. I can't wait for more...sadly one more episode this season.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jun 23, 2010 3:51 PM

Mar 2009
I also cried TT___TT I felt my stomach ache when Nishihiro fell to the ground and started crying~ I wanted to hug him and tell him what an amazing guy his is to be able to go there and do his best in that situation even though it was his first time ever to step in to the batters box! >3<
Jun 23, 2010 4:39 PM
Dec 2007
The emotional impact was just too huge in this episode and the direction was truly unbelievably good as usual. The music pieces outlined the action like they were part of the animation too and the character development is simply top notch. Probably one of the best, if not the best episode of the year.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 23, 2010 5:21 PM
Oct 2007
Nishihiro's at-bat was amazing- the music, the animation, the increase in volume- easily one of the best highlights for me in the season so far! I'm really disappointed that the next one is the last; they better make a third season!
Jun 23, 2010 6:30 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't cry but it was an intense, emotional episode. Nishihiro's at-bat scene gave me goosebumps. I really hope they make a third season.
Jun 23, 2010 7:20 PM

Jan 2009
loved the episode. now i want to pick up the manga, could anyone tell me roughly what volume this episode or season is so I know where i could potentially pick up. ty in advance.

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Jun 23, 2010 7:22 PM

May 2009
Why am I so happy even though they lost? Mihashi. He matured a lot in this episode and displayed a tremendous amount of toughness when he could've easily unraveled. He gets it now. He really gets it. I'd love to get a third season, so we can see the battery continue to grow. That final run they scored was thrilling and that sequence was beautifully animated. Nishihiro's at bat was interesting. As much as he tried to remind himself of what he needed to do, his body language was oozing fear and nervousness. It was a little difficult to watch.
Jun 23, 2010 7:46 PM
Mar 2009
I am still in a state of awe after watching this episode. Just wow.

I can't believe how strongly the emotions of the whole team got through to me here; I guess that shows some spectacular storytelling!! Although it was sad seeing the team lose, I'm glad that the anime is being realistic- as a team of first years they had to lose at some point! And seeing the way the team came together at the end of the episode and deal with their loss made me really feel for them.

As for Mihashi, I could not have been happier seeing him this episode, how much he has grown! I couldn't help but feel so proud of him!!! And the fact that Abe knows their battery relationship needs to change too I think is great... I am very excited to see their talk next episode!
And poor Nishihiro... I could feel his nervousness oozing out of my computer monitor. But he really did try, can't ask for more than that! Talk about a lot of pressure on him.

Just an absolutely amazing episode! It's been quite some time since an anime has impacted me so much. Just a marvelous job!
Jun 23, 2010 8:30 PM

Aug 2008
Speechless. Best sports anime I've seen. Bumped up to a 10.
Jun 23, 2010 8:37 PM

Dec 2008
I put a 4/5 just because the episode broke my heart into a million pieces.

I'm usually the type who literally tears up/cries/sobs when something sad/emotional happens in an anime. But I think this episode puts the word "tragic" on a whole new level. I was so heartbroken to the point that I was unable to cry it out. It was so sad.

That being said. The fact that they were able to convey so much in this one episode is brilliant. I also loved the new music that was put in there. My favourite moment is when Mihashi realizes that it's okay for him to shake off signs and truly take on that role of the ace. I also liked Nishihiro's at bat too. So much tension and emotions, it's crazy.

Some one please tell me that there's going to be a third season. PLEASE ;___;
robbydesuJun 23, 2010 8:40 PM
Jun 24, 2010 12:47 AM

Apr 2008
O_O I never thought I'd cry over a baseball anime but this one did it. My god I'm bumping this up to a 10 as well even though it is shorter I think it surpasses the first season. I felt so bad for Nishihiro and loved the character developments of Mihashi and when the music kicked in near the end of the game I just lost it.

I agree with Jacut best anime episode so far this year heck best anime episode i've seen in a long time. I want Third season VERY MUCH. Or at least have the manga get better scanlators...
Jun 24, 2010 1:23 AM

Jan 2010
Holy crap that was intense... The background music at the end was so epic.
Jun 24, 2010 1:40 AM

Nov 2007
Great strides all around. Oofuri, Brotherhood and Rainbow surely left the anime fanbase with awe. Banzai Anime!

Season 3 is a must!

Thats all i wanted to say!
Coronavirus.
Jun 24, 2010 1:44 AM

Sep 2008
Wow, sport title can be so brilliance.

Already decide the score for this season

9/10
Jun 24, 2010 2:14 AM

Nov 2007
fertygo said:

9/10

10/10 for me. :D
Coronavirus.
Jun 24, 2010 2:32 AM

Nov 2007
Jacut said:
The emotional impact was just too huge in this episode and the direction was truly unbelievably good as usual. The music pieces outlined the action like they were part of the animation too and the character development is simply top notch. Probably one of the best, if not the best episode of the year.
noteDhero said:
Speechless. Best sports anime I've seen. Bumped up to a 10.

My thoughts in a nutshell.

Whole episode, no, whole season was fucking brilliant. Absolutely perfect. This episode really took the cake. Golden episode. Oh god, the emotions, the direction (oh my god, the camera work was stunning!), the new music when Nishihiro was at bat, the support, the cheering, the teamwork, the development, Mihashi's epiphany bringing the whole two season to full circle with his development, the sportsmanship. Oh god, the whole thing was just so damn beautiful. I cannot express my love of this show in a proper way. Definitely the best show that premiered this season, and one of the best this year. BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT!!
KantarouJun 24, 2010 2:36 AM
Jun 24, 2010 6:23 AM

Mar 2009
Awesomeness!
Jun 25, 2010 12:19 AM

Jan 2008
That was splendid. The emotions I felt when watching this episode like I was there watching it live. One more episode (plus the special in Bluray) and man, it's gonna end already? There's no news for another season? I want moar***
Jun 25, 2010 4:07 AM

Sep 2008
shanimebib said:
fertygo said:

9/10

10/10 for me. :D

love to give this one 10 honestly, but well its not "there" yet :p
Jun 25, 2010 6:33 AM

Nov 2007
This episode surpassed the word "masterpiece" by far. Even though I knew they would lose, this left me speechless and I admit I had teary eyes at the end. Give the director of this episode an award. Not only for the brilliant use of the camera.

Amazing, simply amazing. A-1 Pictures please work on a third season as soon as possible!
Jun 25, 2010 7:35 AM

Apr 2008
For all those wanting a 3rd season, there is one very, very important thing you MUST do.

BUY THE ORIGINAL JAPANESE DVDS (R2J) OR BLU-RAY DISCS OF THE 2ND SEASON.

Why would they want to make a 3rd season if the money is not there? The 2nd season was made is because 1st season DVDs sold an average of more than 15,000 copies per volume.

Unless you help to support the show by buying the original Japanese DVDs or Blu-Ray discs of the 2nd season, you have absolutely no right to demand / request for a 3rd season of Oofuri.
Jun 25, 2010 7:17 PM

Jul 2009
*STILL HOLDING BACK THE TEARS*

I.. DIDN'T.. CRY... SO.... NEXT TIME THEY WILL WIN!

Mihashi grew as a character and pitcher, I think abe-kun and mihashi will become better friends out of this, even if it will be tough for them.

This episode made S2.