Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2010 2:05 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 17, 2010 2:21 PM

Oct 2008
OH SHI-
Jun 17, 2010 2:25 PM

Dec 2007
I was surprised that it didn't hurt Shuzuo after he got shot XD and he could also wark to Celty's mantion with his injuries o.O

and Kida is pretty strong O.O I didn't know that :o
Jun 17, 2010 3:02 PM
May 2009
Well, it was okay, that's all that it was. The buildup for the final episode was there, we'll just have to see how it turns out.

Mikado beating up that many guys kinda came out of nowhere though.

I don't know, all in all I can just say that it was nothing special.
Jun 17, 2010 3:35 PM

Jul 2007
its a shame that the anime wont introduce aoba ;o;

OTL
Jun 17, 2010 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
I thought that was great.;)

Shizuo is fine, just as I predicted, and he wants to whoop Kida.:p

Kidda is still an unconvincing leader and his gang are pathetic in getting whopped by him.
Anri to the rescue (or on the attack) was brilliant, it seems she's embrasing her ability to it's full.

The fight between the Yellow Turbans, Cursed Blade and Dollars is about to start.
Though Mikado has Selty on side, how is he going to fight? Mobile phone radiation?:p

One more episode left.:(

Jun 17, 2010 3:44 PM

Feb 2010
OH MY GOD IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!

Shizuo was all fine, and even willing to kill Kida!
Anri, Celty and Mikado on the rescue!!
Shinra was so cool as ever. He is so cute *V*

But now, there's only one episode left!!! I want more!! I want Kuronuma Aoba so bad!!
Jun 17, 2010 7:47 PM

Feb 2008
He start up the Dollars Website in the previews I wonder if he going to reopen it again.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 17, 2010 9:36 PM

Jan 2010
YAY , god i was worried about shizuo

he is incredible as always and even smiling to shinra

Man i admiring him even more
Jun 18, 2010 1:06 AM
Jun 2010
Are you serious, is that seriously what is being said in this episode. Man, this'll be the first time i actually preferred the raw.
Jun 18, 2010 3:59 AM

Oct 2008
Shizuo safe <expected>
3 friends meet </ends> =(

Damn, just one more left :(

From the preview, is Izaya gonna /qq and leave?

(*^ー゚)b ( ̄∇ ̄*)♪
Jun 18, 2010 5:23 AM
Jun 2008
Shizuo can't even feel pain......
No action for him now,but I think his action will be save for the next
Jun 18, 2010 12:45 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it was pretty good. It got me excited for the next episode. Based on the preview everything seems like it will be fine.
Jun 18, 2010 12:56 PM
Jun 2010
Okay, I watched the sub now, if Cruchysubs was correct then it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Kida didn't HATE Mikado and himself, Horoda and co certainly didn't kill the hundred+ of original Yellow Scarves (they were sacred ****less of the thought of just killing Shizuo and Kida) and Kida certainly wasn't relieved because of it. I was ready to declare him the worst anime protagonist ever there.
Jun 18, 2010 1:14 PM

Jan 2010
It is amazing. The last episode's gonna be so exciting!
Too bad there's only one left.
Once more, I appreciate people who wrote the screenplay, amazing job.
Jun 18, 2010 1:18 PM
Mar 2010
Shit what a torture to wait for the new episode, It's like dying slowly and slowly pff,,..
Jun 18, 2010 1:21 PM

May 2009
seems I was sort of right and they are gonna end with a confrontation between the three of them. Though not really a confrontation now, but still knew it was gonna end up like this. Nice episode, I hope the final episode is epic, cause the past few episodes haven't felt as awesome as the first half the series.
Jun 18, 2010 1:24 PM

Mar 2009
Ohohoho, yes. <3
I wonder how they're going to tie things up in this final episode? I can hardly contain myself! @w@;;
Jun 18, 2010 1:26 PM

Apr 2010
Excellent cliff hanger before the final episode!
Jun 18, 2010 1:31 PM

May 2008
FoxInTheBox said:
Shit what a torture to wait for the new episode, It's like dying slowly and slowly pff,,..

SAME HERE ( why I watched it so quickly?! )

Episode not bad, but they talked too much. Kida was pretty good, hope to see something from him more in next episode ( beat Horada! ).
Aaah Mikado I hope that you won't only stand and talk etc. DO SOMETHING ;< (He already noticed - thanks to Celty that it's Izaya fault?)

SECOND SEASON DO WANT ;_;
Jun 18, 2010 1:33 PM

Nov 2008
Wow Anri, that entrance was the best! I love this episode. But why the f**k does it have to end when things are getting interesting? And the problem with this is that the action never actually carries on to the next episode.

Also what were Namie but especially Saki and Dennis talking about?

Can't wait for next week, hopefully it will be a great ending. I'm expecting a second season.
ClementIVJun 18, 2010 1:36 PM
Jun 18, 2010 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
I hope Izaya wins, he deserves it after all that hard work and trollan'.
Jun 18, 2010 1:41 PM

Dec 2009
I loved the cliffhanger ^^ best episode yet for me 5/5 , can't wait to see how it ends
yuno6.jpg
Jun 18, 2010 1:45 PM

Nov 2009
ok.. *takes deep breath* That was AWESOME! I want MOAR~!!

OK I was sure Shizuo would be fine but walking with two gunshot wounds was.. wow. Didn't expect Blue Squares to come back like this. Kida just gained extra respect points from me. Izaya was kinda scary this ep.. and Anri-chan was sooo kick-ass!! lol @ Shinra while chasing her XD

Just one tiny question though.. I might have missed something but how did that Horada guy know that Kida and Mikado are/were friends..?

I raise both hands for second season!!
~*~ Badges ~*~
Jun 18, 2010 2:07 PM

May 2008
wawichan said:
Just one tiny question though.. I might have missed something but how did that Horada guy know that Kida and Mikado are/were friends..?

I think that Izaya have told him. You know, even he said in this episode 'but yeah the guy they're up against is kind of boring loser. Maybe I should've chosen someone better for that part'. Yes, the loser is Horada.
Jun 18, 2010 2:09 PM
Nov 2008
WOAH! Epic episode!
They really know how to build it up...
As expected Shizuo is fine :D Kida fighting was really badass, now I know why he was Shogun.

I'm really sad there's only one more episode left, going to miss all these characters from the series.
Jun 18, 2010 2:10 PM

Nov 2009
The climax~~!!! I was skeptical at first but i got swept along with the fans, now i can't stop loving this show, which is good. That was the best episode in a good long time. I could feel Kida's killing intent at the end there, and i like how he actually got to fight a bit before Anri showed up. I think i am sold on having to read the VNs.
I thought for some reason this was a 26 episode series so i gasped when i read 24. >.>
Jun 18, 2010 2:13 PM

Dec 2008
helur said:
The climax~~!!! I was skeptical at first but i got swept along with the fans, now i can't stop loving this show, which is good. That was the best episode in a good long time. I could feel Kida's killing intent at the end there, and i like how he actually got to fight a bit before Anri showed up. I think i am sold on having to read the VNs.
I thought for some reason this was a 26 episode series so i gasped when i read 24. >.>

Lol do you even know what a climax is...? That happened along time ago... this is just the ending now.
Jun 18, 2010 2:14 PM

Nov 2009
Darkmaya said:
wawichan said:

I think that Izaya have told him. You know, even he said in this episode 'but yeah the guy they're up against is kind of boring loser. Maybe I should've chosen someone better for that part'. Yes, the loser is Horada.

Damn.. I was hoping I was wrong. I just watched the ep again and thought the same thing.. oh well. Evil!Izaya is evil XD But I really hope Horada gets a good beating next ep..
~*~ Badges ~*~
Jun 18, 2010 2:15 PM

Aug 2009
I started getting a little confused on who knows who is running what in the triangle so the cliff hanger didn't do much for me. This was pretty predictable, but its been the only predictable thing in the series.

I really don't want this show to end... Do the novels go past this story?
Jun 18, 2010 2:29 PM

Mar 2010
Boy did that leave me wanting more! The whole episode was mostly lead up and just when it was getting good, it got over. Next episode doesn't look like there's much action based on the preview it's mostly afterwards.
Great show! I want to watch how it ends already!!
Jun 18, 2010 2:30 PM

Oct 2009
HOLY SHI-

MUST WANT NEXT EPISODE. MOTHER TOLD ME SO. [not really. Slasher was at it again.]

Jun 18, 2010 2:49 PM

Jun 2009
Shizu-chan maked ma laugh xD He's so cool, haha. I love him and I'm so happy that he's alright <3

But Horada maked me angry, want to kill him =.=
1 episode left, what will happen, what's will be with Izaya ... ?
Jun 18, 2010 2:51 PM

Mar 2010
wooaah the ending was like super - duper - awsomeness in squared O__O
Jun 18, 2010 2:56 PM

Mar 2010
mollymarie said:

Great show! I want to watch how it ends already!!

haha me too , i want to see how it ends.. But i don't want it to end .. i want more and more :D

I wonder if there's a chance for second season.
Jun 18, 2010 2:57 PM

Aug 2009
HAHAHA I love you so much Shizuo.

Oh bloody heavens, what a cliff hanger. AWESOME cliff hanger.

Only one episode left...how will they wrap up celty's head story/Izaya's motive with it? There better be another season...I can't imagine life without Drrrr.
Jun 18, 2010 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
Nana-chii said:
seems I was sort of right and they are gonna end with a confrontation between the three of them. Though not really a confrontation now, but still knew it was gonna end up like this. Nice episode, I hope the final episode is epic, cause the past few episodes haven't felt as awesome as the first half the series.

Ditto on that. I think the first half of this series was so cool, the second half was slow and boring. Let's see if the ending compensates.

Sep 2007
As expected, Horoda was former Blue Square intent on taking over YS and ruining their image. I was hoping Mikado would at least gather Dollars together once more. Anri should've came busting in all badass-like instead of cutting up the door and then being all "omgz Kida-kun!?!?!?!"

Jan 2009
Nana-chii said:
Nice episode, I hope the final episode is epic, cause the past few episodes haven't felt as awesome as the first half the series.

AGREE!!

Shizu-channnnnn is OK and hilarious as always!! Awesome!!! Finally Kida made some nice moves!! Like some ppl have said before hopefully Mikado does something Kida-style not just stand there like a sissy! Hooray for Anri being cool for the first time!! LOVED this ep. Only one more left T_T
Jun 18, 2010 3:35 PM
Nov 2009
ShiT got real
Jun 18, 2010 4:23 PM
Dec 2007
Great cliffhanger, now I'd really like to watch the last episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 18, 2010 4:24 PM

Dec 2009
Damn Anri's and Masaomi's entrance was pure win.

Just one episode left :(( !
Jun 18, 2010 4:42 PM

Sep 2007
Shizuo is really from another planet!! The man is invincible!!
I can't believe is just one more episode to go... hopefully, there will be a second season, RIGHT!?

Jun 18, 2010 4:46 PM
Feb 2009
nextday said:
I really doubt there will be a second season.

It will take the same route as Baccano!. We will get a few extra episodes from the DVDs to give some closure and that will be the end of it.

Yeah but... Durarara has gotten a lot more attention then Baccano did. Not to mention Baccano's plot was sort of reorganized so it would only work as one season. I haven't read the light novels but Durarara's anime seems like it could easily be added to.

Kida was kind of awesome in this ep. ;o;
Jun 18, 2010 4:48 PM

Dec 2007
"Actually, why are you walking around like this"?

Shizuo is so badass.

Next episode is the last. THE LAST. FINAL. FIN.

My face:
DeadIEndJun 19, 2010 7:25 AM
Jun 18, 2010 4:58 PM

Feb 2010
Great all three have gathered with their own resolves. What will happen next. An all out brawl? A happy reunion? The end of both the Dollars and the Yellow Scarves. How will this end?!!
Jun 18, 2010 5:23 PM

Jun 2009
Haha I knew this show had been castrated....as if they'ld kill off a main character.....
AntigoneJun 18, 2010 5:26 PM
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Jun 18, 2010 5:46 PM

Nov 2009
shizu-chan, you're the shit. "cause i can" lol

finally a confrontation, been waiting for this for like 20 eps lol. woo cant wait for next week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2010 6:01 PM

Feb 2009
Kida kicks ass! I don't like cliffhangers damn it!
Jun 18, 2010 6:14 PM

Apr 2008
OMGOMGOMG..THIS WAS SWEET ...and at that last moment i bit my hand of excitement and thrill...MUST see MOOooaAAarRr!!

k0k0 said:
HAHAHA I love you so much Shizuo.

Oh bloody heavens, what a cliff hanger. AWESOME cliff hanger.

Only one episode left...how will they wrap up celty's head story/Izaya's motive with it? There better be another season...I can't imagine life without Drrrr.

Yeah koko-i was thinking the same thing.There's got to be a second season!I mean,Celtys head still missing,"mysterious disappearance" of traffic officers and all that Ugee-bugee stuff about "waking up" Celty's sleeping head with the help of war in Ikebukuro(and more).But despite that, i would like to see 2 season anyway.
Well , but in preview it seams that everything's going to be alright and this "goul"of Izaya might not come true.And maybe that's way we saw in preview that messed up chessboard,i mean,it WAS his battle plan..or smt.
So, i guess there might not be second season after-all Q^Q,but that's my opinion*still hopes*
And i have a bad feeling about Kida.The preview gave me a bad anticipation about him...maybe because of all that blood brr....*wories...wories*

p.s.Just an random comment that i just found out reading about Izaya on Wiki:"His name comes from a combination of the biblical Isaiah and Japanese for "the one who looks over the crowd."

did you knew it or i missed something..?...

whoaa i wrote a lot-gomme >^<
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.