Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 15, 2010 2:49 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, this week they decide to draw in the petals for Toshiro's Bankai. >_>
I kind of expected the Soifon vs. Barragan fight to have a lot less dialogue, oh well.
ReaperEXEJun 15, 2010 3:16 AM
Jun 15, 2010 3:25 AM

May 2009
Damn you...Toshiro Hitsugaya! XD
Jun 15, 2010 4:11 AM

Feb 2009
Am I the only one who thinks that the top 3 are being downsized powerwise?

I mean after ulqis little speach of why the top 4 aren't allowed to release in hueco mundo because the sheer power could destroy it, and that would probably be true after his explosvie release. but the first thing that happens is that yammy releases and his release is the strongest of all espada(!). Hueco mundo is still there...

Then both halibel and barragan releases their forms, and its nowhere near as awesome as ulqis release either. No huge reiatsu explosion, no overwhelming feeling amongst the captains or anything...

Feels kinda sucky...

And I still hate omaeda...
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Jun 15, 2010 4:23 AM

Aug 2008
Billzor said:

I mean after ulqis little speach of why the top 4 aren't allowed to release in hueco mundo because the sheer power could destroy it, and that would probably be true after his explosvie release. but the first thing that happens is that yammy releases and his release is the strongest of all espada(!). Hueco mundo is still there...

Then both halibel and barragan releases their forms, and its nowhere near as awesome as ulqis release either. No huge reiatsu explosion, no overwhelming feeling amongst the captains or anything...

Feels kinda sucky...

Your not the only one~
QFT
QFT
Jun 15, 2010 4:28 AM

Aug 2009
Billzor said:

Feels kinda sucky...

Oh dear friend. That's just the beginning. It's going to get much more annoying in the coming weeks.

-Anyway, Skeletor release today. Barragan is an awesome Arrancar. Omaeda seriously needs to become deceased as soon as possible.

-Toshiro winning is like....kind of annoying actually

-The omake today was hilarious "DAMN YOU TOSHIRO HITSUGAYA!" Knowing Aizen, I feel like him having tea is totally normal.
Jun 15, 2010 4:43 AM

Mar 2009
okay
right now it feels like barrangan is the ultimate power of all the espada,
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Jun 15, 2010 4:52 AM

Apr 2010
ReaperEXE said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, this week they decide to draw in the petals for Toshiro's Bankai. >_>
I kind of expected the Soifon vs. Barragan fight to have a lot less dialogue, oh well.

Damn i wanted to start the discussion >.<

Next week well see Soifon's Bankai
Sig deleted for idiocy.
Jun 15, 2010 4:58 AM

Aug 2009
renji59 said:

Damn i wanted to start the discussion >.<

Next week well see Soifon's Bankai
Jun 15, 2010 5:04 AM

Feb 2009
garfield15 said:
Billzor said:

Oh dear friend. That's just the beginning. It's going to get much more annoying in the coming weeks.

I know... I read the manga... But I had all but forgotten these events and now it all just kinda came back and dropkicked me in the gut...

/Not looking forward to the coming eps...
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Jun 15, 2010 6:15 AM

Jul 2008
The omake's at the ending make BLEACH anime more entertaining then its manga counterpart :P
Jun 15, 2010 6:58 AM
Jun 2010
I'm starting to wonder if Ulquiora was really numba 4, cuz the current numba 3 is way too weak :/

Jun 15, 2010 7:13 AM
Aug 2009
supersayen said:
I'm starting to wonder if Ulquiora was really numba 4, cuz the current numba 3 is way too weak :/

Hyourinmaru's supposed to be the strongest Ice-type Zanpakutou, so him losing against #3 would be kinda ridiculous :3

Well, Ulquiorra was #4, according to his conversations with Ichigo a few episodes back, because Aizen hadn't seen his second-level sword release.

I hope they'll find a way to patch up Soifon's left arm, at least. Well, on the other hand she'll weigh less and therefore her speed should go up even more.

Anyway~

I wonder how "loneliness" can be stronger/more dangerous than "time". I guess the only way to prevent people from helping someone and therewith creating a kind of isolation and feelings of "loneliness" would be to use some trick such as Tōsen does in his fight with Kenpachi or somehow by manipulating one's feelings.

Actually Hueco Mundo and therewith all the "Hollows" are an illusion of Aizen's!
If you consider what we know of Aizen's powers thus far, he's about unbeatable: once you've looked at one of his illusions, you won't ever be able of getting out of that spell of his. And since all the Captains presumably have seen him fighting (at least once), the whole fight against the Espada (if it's even real), is a total waste of time and effort.
The only way they can get rid of Aizen would be him having a sudden heart attack (in theory), if nobody can avoid being influenced by the massive illusions

Soifon's Bankai in the intro looks quite a lot like a lance or a ("long") gun, so I hope she'll throw those 2-hit-dead signs from a further range at Barragan since it seems like melee attacks won't affect him in the least (once the attacks come within his range, they're slowed down anyway, so I don't know if far-range attacks would be of any use either).

-Leni
EleniJun 15, 2010 7:25 AM
Jun 15, 2010 7:43 AM
Aug 2009
By the way: am I the only one thinking that the Captains of the respective Squads always get the worst possible enemies?

Toshirou gets a girl who can turn his ice back to water (although this makes them quite equal because it goes both ways).

Soifon, whose main fighting feature seems to be speed, gets a guy who can slow everything down.

I wonder what kind of problems Shunsui'll have with the #1 Espada.

-Leni
Jun 15, 2010 8:16 AM

Mar 2008
ikuto said:
Billzor said:

Feels kinda sucky...

Your not the only one~
QFT
QFT

When Yammy releases, he was not where Ichigo and Ulquiora were with the giant white columns. That place was where Ulquiora referred to that might get destroyed by the top 4's releases. But then again, Yammay wasn't up there! He was down there with Ichigo's friends at the base level. Ulquiora wasn't talking about the base level. Yammy and Ulquiora were fighting at DIFFERENT levels of places (not talking about their powers, but the locations).

Ulquiora's release with the black wings is his SECOND release form, just like Ichigo's second hollow release that beat the crap out of Ulquiora.

And Ulquiora did say that he was the only one amongst all espadas to be able to have the second release. Maybe that's why Ulquiora's second release seemed more powerful and cooler than the other espadas' first releases.

It does require more attention to capture both the awesome scenes and all the dialogues.
Jun 15, 2010 8:42 AM
Jun 2010
na seriously, even first release of Ulquiorra looks way better than Halibel.

Jun 15, 2010 8:42 AM
Aug 2009
rswjc said:

That place was where Ulquiora referred to that might get destroyed by the top 4's releases. But then again, Yammay wasn't up there! He was down there with Ichigo's friends at the base level. Ulquiora wasn't talking about the base level. Yammy and Ulquiora were fighting at DIFFERENT levels of places (not talking about their powers, but the locations).

I actually understood it that way that the top 5 (from 4 up to 0) weren't allowed to release their swords while in Las Noches and therefore Ulquiorra actually bothered going on top of Las Noches, back into the territory of Hueco Mundo.

Yammy's still within Las Noches "fighting off" Ichigo's fangroup if I ain't mistaken.

Considering Yammy's characteristics, I'd say he doesn't care nor think about the possible consequences his sword release may have, since he was mostly treated as "dumb" and a "brute" by Ulquiorra. To top it off Yammy's the "strongest" among all of the Espada, therefore he probably does have a certain authority and probably can do more or less whatever he wants without having to fear punishment.

supersayen said:
na seriously, even first release of Ulquiorra looks way better than Halibel.

Haribel/Halibel is a chick and I guess most of the otaku liked the given fanservice of her wearing a tighter bra. :(

-Leni
Jun 15, 2010 9:19 AM

Jun 2009
Haha this episode was a lot better then the last one...

Toshiro's last attack from pretty cool, but is Hlibel really dead??
Jun 15, 2010 9:30 AM
Jun 2010
Haribel/Halibel is a chick and I guess most of the otaku liked the given fanservice of her wearing a tighter bra. :(

lol that's not what I meant. I'm talking about power, Ulquiorra looked really scarry and powerful (power/speed, + he admited he's not even a power/speed fighter) with only his first form. Halibel was just a bitch with big tits who shoots water from distance, nothing really spectacular :/

besides, Ulquiorra second form = useless

Ulquirra first form ­> ichigo hollow
Ulquiorra second form < ichigo hollow 2

Jun 15, 2010 9:37 AM

Oct 2007
Ok, to make thing easier, I will sum up this episode with "I saw a tower of ice of flower" and "A gee-gee old man want to touch you"

And the best thing about this episode is:
ArcticMech said:
Damn you...Toshiro Hitsugaya! XD

*trying to keep myself from making a logic out of this series*

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 15, 2010 9:44 AM

Dec 2008
OMG!! Omaeda is such a friggin' waste of skin!! Soifon is getting her ass kicked and this bastard is somewhere clinging to a pole!! I wish he'd just die. He's not even worthy of comic relief.

I loved when Soifon told him to stop looking all sweaty and sticky! LMAO!
Jun 15, 2010 10:17 AM

Sep 2009
How come Hitsugaya has his wings&tail before telling Kira to "Get lost", during the time he's saying that he has his normal attire without bankai and then, after we see Hinamori, he is in bankai again? Not to mention that the youngest captain is kicking 3rd Espada's ass. Hollow_Ichigo_1 had absolutely no problem with Hitsugaya before and Ulquiorra_1 knocked him around without a scratch. I can't really see Halibel matching that and she is supposed to be stronger than his first release if she's ranked above him!

Omaeda is a waste of space, but that was established long time ago. He is completely useless and his zanpakutou sucks. I have absolutely no idea how he managed to block Barragan's axe with that shit. Also, while Soi's plan was good to get close to him, she kinda forgot about the whole "slowing attacks in immediate vicinity" thingy of his so she wouldn't have hit him anyway.

Forgetting about "ANIME ONLY (...)" for a while - Halibel looks much better in the manga, but her attire would be close to being considered fanservice in anime.

And who the hell translated "Tia" into "Tier" anyway?! "3rd Espada, Tier Halibel" - WTF?
Jun 15, 2010 10:55 AM

Oct 2008
omg it's so pathetic that Halibel lost with Hitsugaya in such way she was overwhelming him and out of blue Toshiro decides to use stronger attack and he ends everything in one swing -_-, yet again good resist evil nothing new in bleach it's getting so predictible. ah and why, when Hitsugaya used his attack only no3 Espada got hit ... -_- he supposed to cover everything in snow ... this snow petals were falling on whole region not just above Tier -_-
Jun 15, 2010 11:49 AM

May 2007
I miss dattebayo's subs.

Jun 15, 2010 12:03 PM

Jan 2010
Halibel, you'll be missed. ;-; Barragan was so fucking cool in this episode. Omaeda needs to go die though, he's one of the most annoying characters in Bleach.

Next week will be more of Soi-fon and Starrk! <3

Bonar said:
And who the hell translated "Tia" into "Tier" anyway?! "3rd Espada, Tier Halibel" - WTF?

Yeah, that was Crunchyroll. ._.
Jun 15, 2010 12:06 PM

Apr 2010
Woooah! Amazing episode, I really enojed it. 5/5

I loved Hitsugaya's new technique. <3
And Baraggan's release gave me creeps. <333

I don't understand how Omaeda can be a lieutenant? He's weak AND a coward. Come on.. I kind of feel sorry for Soifon for having someone as useless as him by her side. But at least he's funny. ^^

And where are those Vizards anyway?!?

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jun 15, 2010 12:43 PM

Feb 2010
Omaeda doesnt seem to be right person for the job. He is just goofin around. annoying -.-"
Histusagayas technique was awesome. Really liked it
Jun 15, 2010 12:44 PM

Feb 2008
Hyoten Hyakkasou looked awesome animated.

Jun 15, 2010 12:53 PM

Oct 2009
I haven't watched Bleach anime for a while - could someone please tell me what episode the zanpacto filler arc finishes?
CaroCaroJun 15, 2010 2:52 PM
Jun 15, 2010 1:17 PM

May 2008
Omaeda is so damn annoying, the rest of the episode was quite good, however I doubt that Halibel is dead from that attact.
Barragan is just simply creepy~
Jun 15, 2010 1:40 PM

Sep 2007
Bonar said:
How come Hitsugaya has his wings&tail before telling Kira to "Get lost", during the time he's saying that he has his normal attire without bankai and then, after we see Hinamori, he is in bankai again?

That was a flashback of waaayy back during the SS arc when Hitsugaya was gunning after Gin.

Bonar said:
Hollow_Ichigo_1 had absolutely no problem with Hitsugaya before

I don't recall hollow Ichigo ever fighting Hitsugaya before?
Jun 15, 2010 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
Well it seems haters are going to always hate on good-ol Hitsugaya. Shame to see such a babe like Hali go though.Of course Baragan is badass as usual, no fuxing with him.

Jun 15, 2010 1:47 PM

Mar 2010
Bonar said:
How come Hitsugaya has his wings&tail before telling Kira to "Get lost", during the time he's saying that he has his normal attire without bankai and then, after we see Hinamori, he is in bankai again? Not to mention that the youngest captain is kicking 3rd Espada's ass. Hollow_Ichigo_1 had absolutely no problem with Hitsugaya before and Ulquiorra_1 knocked him around without a scratch. I can't really see Halibel matching that and she is supposed to be stronger than his first release if she's ranked above him!

Omaeda is a waste of space, but that was established long time ago. He is completely useless and his zanpakutou sucks. I have absolutely no idea how he managed to block Barragan's axe with that shit. Also, while Soi's plan was good to get close to him, she kinda forgot about the whole "slowing attacks in immediate vicinity" thingy of his so she wouldn't have hit him anyway.

Forgetting about "ANIME ONLY (...)" for a while - Halibel looks much better in the manga, but her attire would be close to being considered fanservice in anime.

the reason hitsugaya's clothe changed and he wasnt in bankai when he told kira to get back was because it was a flashback to the soulsociety arc back when hitsugaya was about to fight gin where he used a weaker version of the attack.

i think the reason hitsugaya had less trouble dealing with halibel than ichigo with uliquorra was due to the fact that he had an advantage on her because his zampaktou is the strongest out of the two, plus we have the fact that uliquorra could possibly be the strongest or second strongest espada because of his second release. (all of this assuming that halible accutally died in this episode. i honestly think she is still alive)
Jun 15, 2010 2:06 PM

Apr 2009
the part with Barakan or how's his name, was pretty much awesome..

nice power
Jun 15, 2010 3:42 PM

Aug 2009
Tayloroids said:

Bonar said:

Yeah, that was Crunchyroll. ._.

Yeah, that...that's her official name...or something...
Jun 15, 2010 4:29 PM

Apr 2008
batossai said:
Bonar said:

the reason hitsugaya's clothe changed and he wasnt in bankai when he told kira to get back was because it was a flashback to the soulsociety arc back when hitsugaya was about to fight gin where he used a weaker version of the attack.

i think the reason hitsugaya had less trouble dealing with halibel than ichigo with uliquorra was due to the fact that he had an advantage on her because his zampaktou is the strongest out of the two, plus we have the fact that uliquorra could possibly be the strongest or second strongest espada because of his second release. (all of this assuming that halible accutally died in this episode. i honestly think she is still alive)

I too have the feeling that she's alive..
Jun 15, 2010 4:46 PM
May 2010
Good fighting and stuff but I'm expecting a lot more from the espada though. They do seem like there pretty weak compared to the epic ulqiuorra fights. I hope that's not the last we'll see of halibell!
Jun 15, 2010 5:03 PM

Jul 2008
Billzor said:
Thats probably due to the fact that Ulquiora has a second resurrection form^^

The fight wasn't too bad even though the enemies are always the ones who end up losing.
Jun 15, 2010 5:09 PM

Apr 2008
Lol @ fags that watch crunchroll (shit) subs and quote from horrid translations ...

inb4 garfield15 gets all offended by my comment.
Jun 15, 2010 5:22 PM

Jul 2009
Barragan is the only top 3 espada who lived up to his number. The others are like... blehh...
Jun 15, 2010 5:23 PM

Jun 2009
TAB said:
I miss dattebayo's subs.

how can you miss them when this is an episode they subbed??? lol
this was the last one they were gona sub
Jun 15, 2010 5:26 PM

May 2009
Eleni said:
I actually understood it that way that the top 5 (from 4 up to 0) weren't allowed to release their swords while in Las Noches and therefore Ulquiorra actually bothered going on top of Las Noches, back into the territory of Hueco Mundo.

Yammy's still within Las Noches "fighting off" Ichigo's fangroup if I ain't mistaken.

Considering Yammy's characteristics, I'd say he doesn't care nor think about the possible consequences his sword release may have, since he was mostly treated as "dumb" and a "brute" by Ulquiorra. To top it off Yammy's the "strongest" among all of the Espada, therefore he probably does have a certain authority and probably can do more or less whatever he wants without having to fear punishment.i

I think you took Ulquiorra's words a bit too much literally. When he said the top 4 Espada weren't allowed to release their Zanpakutou inside Las Noches because they could end up destroying it, he didn't mean that releasing the Zanpakutou itself would destroy Las Noches, but rather if they were in a fight and relied on their attacks, THAT might have been dangerous for the complex. When you think about it, Ulquiorra's Lanza del Relampago and Halibel's Cascada had immense destructive power.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was awesome. I highly doubt that's the end of Halibel, but mostly, Barragan was total pwange. I never imagined him to be this strong, it was terrifying just watching him fight.
Jun 15, 2010 5:27 PM

Nov 2008
TAB said:
I miss dattebayo's subs.

lol yeah.....i know i was hoping my site would upload them but nope.....now they've both series i went to them for cuz of crunchyroll :(
Jun 15, 2010 5:31 PM

May 2009
I think CR's subbing so far has been pretty good. It's when people start swearing that they fuck-up.
Jun 15, 2010 5:36 PM

Aug 2009
Sickly_Grin said:
I think CR's subbing so far has been pretty good. It's when people start swearing that they fuck-up.

Wait, when did they swear in this one?
Jun 15, 2010 5:48 PM

Dec 2009
"Rot, Arrogante" <- The second best release besides Uliquara . . . Dammmm Soifons arm got sliced smh
Jun 15, 2010 6:02 PM
Mar 2010
No matter how shitty everything else gets, I'll give Bleach credit for always having fantastic character designs. Barragan's released form looked insane.
Jun 15, 2010 6:09 PM

Jan 2010

I'm pretty sure Tia Hariberu is the actual name, which is romanized as Tia Harribel in Japanese. I've never heard of "Tier" being her official first name...
Jun 15, 2010 6:42 PM

Apr 2008
garfield15 said:
Sickly_Grin said:

Wait, when did they swear in this one?

If you read the subtitles you would see, but than again if you read CR sutbtiles it is already ur norm
Jun 15, 2010 6:57 PM

Jan 2009
Billzor said:

Feels kinda sucky...

good observation right there but well in the manga Ulquiorra's release is not that spectacular as the anime version though
Jun 15, 2010 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
Hitsugaya beating Halibel on his own is hard to believe. Relating back to how strong Ichigo is and he still got dominated by Ulquiorra, there is some serious power issue here.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 5:48 PM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

48 by XGirl86 »»
Apr 15, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 66 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

17 by akay88 »»
Apr 10, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.